Tendo City
Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC (/showthread.php?tid=6472)

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - etoven - 25th May 2012

No thanks to siteturn.. I was able to fix our database..
Also I have some big news!

I have purchased VBulition4 and have cleared some space on the server for a site upgrade!

For those of you longing for some TC Nostalgia I have made a dropbox available with all the great TC goodies for public viewing including but not limited to classic videos by Lazy, Ryan acting stupid, and pictures of every obscene venue.

The drop box is in the process of updating so not all things might not be available yet but if you guys want to check it out:
Link

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - A Black Falcon - 25th May 2012

Pretty cool. So is the only thing missing, then, that mythical hard drive which supposedly had some of the old (pre-this forum version) posts on it?

Anyway though, it's great to hear that you managed to fix the database. What was wrong with it, do you know any specifics? And a forum upgrade sounds great too.

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - etoven - 25th May 2012

A Black Falcon Wrote:Pretty cool. So is the only thing missing, then, that mythical hard drive which supposedly had some of the old (pre-this forum version) posts on it?

Anyway though, it's great to hear that you managed to fix the database. What was wrong with it, do you know any specifics? And a forum upgrade sounds good too.
I manged to gain access the server and run a repair on the database.. Something siteturn claimed they did but actually didn't. Also they claimed they down graded the database to fix a problem that was a lie also.

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - A Black Falcon - 25th May 2012

... Yeah, SiteTurn clearly sounds like they're not a very good host, at least as far as support's concerned for sure!

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - etoven - 26th May 2012

Haha, i was going threw Lazy's old stuff.. Oraanges.MPG is still my favorite. Also, Darunia.mpg is classic Lazy!

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Weltall - 26th May 2012

A Black Falcon Wrote:Pretty cool. So is the only thing missing, then, that mythical hard drive which supposedly had some of the old (pre-this forum version) posts on it?

Given that seven years have passed since this hard drive was misplaced those are probably gone forever.

However! I did find the Rumble City archives on a backup and those are still completely intact.

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - etoven - 26th May 2012

Weltall Wrote:Given that seven years have passed since this hard drive was misplaced those are probably gone forever.

However! I did find the Rumble City archives on a backup and those are still completely intact.
Once I get VB4 installed I'm going to need some one to update our templates, interested?

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - A Black Falcon - 26th May 2012

Weltall Wrote:Given that seven years have passed since this hard drive was misplaced those are probably gone forever.

Too bad about that hard drive, but that latter find is pretty cool! Any way that can get online somehow? It'd be interesting to see. :)

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Great Rumbler - 26th May 2012

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuurb

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Fittisize - 26th May 2012

Oh my I would very much oppose seeing any of the ancient archives. Nostalgia is one thing but complete utter embarrassment is another. Looking at posts even from 2006 when I was technically already an adult is even hard enough to stomach. I have considered looking back at old posts and deleting anything that's too embarrassing but for some odd reason I'd think I'd be erasing a part of the history of this forum. I've also wondered if it's possible to change my username to something more vague. Is that possible? Google has become too powerful! People lose jobs to the power of Google!

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Dark Jaguar - 27th May 2012

Yeah my extremely old posts about evolution are an embarrassment, but it'll be good to have them around to remind me of the power of progress.

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Weltall - 27th May 2012

It's possible to change your username, one of us could do it for you. Also, I sympathize with the youthful indiscretion thing; so many posts of mine in the Den are back in my Fox News neoconservative days and much of that is horrifyingly embarrassing to me now. I won't get rid of it, though. It's good to keep a sense of perspective.

As for the Nurb archives, I'll put them back up whenever Toven resolves whatever issues we're having with servers and providers. Remind me if I forget.

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - etoven - 29th May 2012

See attached file! :D
VB 4.0 Coming tomorrow when I have some more time to play with..

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Dark Jaguar - 3rd June 2012

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - etoven - 3rd June 2012

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Weltall - 20th June 2012

Any news on our update?

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - etoven - 20th June 2012

While don't you take another look :)

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - A Black Falcon - 20th June 2012

The main forum list page seems to be missing or something, it sends you to that new "activity" page instead... what's going on there?

Otherwise, looks like a nice update!

A Black Falcon Wrote:The main forum list page seems to be missing or something, it sends you to that new "activity" page instead... what's going on there?

Otherwise, looks like a nice update!

I just fixed it.. I made the forum list the default page.

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Dark Jaguar - 20th June 2012

Nice! Good that it's in "profile info to the side" mode too. I never could stand that "profile in between posts" style. Good initial skin too.

Site Fixed + Some big changes comming to TC - Great Rumbler - 20th June 2012

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE I'M SCARED!!!

Great Rumbler Wrote:WHAT'S GOING ON HERE I'M SCARED!!!

If your scared in a pleasant way consider helping to pay for the upgrade which cost several hundred dollars out of my personal pocket..
Click here to donate: Link