Tendo City
Skyrim - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Skyrim (/showthread.php?tid=6345)

Skyrim - Great Rumbler - 10th November 2011

It's a thing.

Skyrim - Great Rumbler - 11th November 2011

Skyrim pretty much owns my soul right now. It's so much better than Oblivion, everything has been given a nice little boost to provide an RPG adventure that's one of the best ever made. Music and ambient sounds, writing, art style, the design of the world, the graphics, the dungeons, it's all just so good.

And in six hours I've only seen a few very minor bugs.

Skyrim - A Black Falcon - 11th November 2011

Wait... a non bug infested Bethesda RPG? Is that even possible?

Skyrim - Dark Jaguar - 11th November 2011

I've heard the art actually looks distinct this time around, as opposed to very detailed but generic in Oblivion (hence why I downloaded so many texture mods).

I really want to get this one.

In fact I intend on picking up all the games with "sky" in the title this year.

A Black Falcon Wrote:Wait... a non bug infested Bethesda RPG? Is that even possible?

Bethesda stepped up their game at all levels of development and it shows.

Steam version of Skyrim hit 230k concurrent players today.

Skyrim - Great Rumbler - 15th November 2011

Great Rumbler's 30-Hour Report

Despite the rave reviews for Oblivion, Bethesda has been willing to listen to complaints from its fans and to take a peak at what the mod community is doing and then respond by making changes to the next entry in the series. And I've seen this for myself after having played Skyrim for just over 30 hours. It's pulled me in, it's grabbed onto me, and I see little that will convince me it intends to let go anytime soon. Okay, so, a lot's changed since Oblivion, but what's the most important change?

Bethesda made it FUN to adventure, to explore. The player isn't diving into the same two or three ruins and caves over and over, each dungeons and each ruin and each cave has a unique feel to it and many of them have unique bosses at their deepest depths. But it's not just the dungeons, the world itself feels more natural and more alive. There are wild animals that roam the plains and tundra of Skyrim, always fleeing when you come near. At night, fireflies drift through the air accompanied by the distant howls of wolves. Giant dragons can appear anywhere in the world space, even in towns and forts, forcing you and the townfolk and guards into battle. And the characters actually look more like real people. The writing's sharped, the voice actors are more varied. All these things play a role in pulling the player into the game. It's not a single feature that makes the difference, it's a focus on building a world from top to bottom that the player wants to see every part of, do every quest, talk to every NPC, and find the best items.

So, hats off, Bethesda, you've raised the bar not just for yourselves and Elder Scrolls series, but for the entire industry in delivering a wealth of compelling content in a single, $60 package.