Tendo City
Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you (/showthread.php?tid=6322)

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - etoven - 22nd September 2011

I heard this on NPR and I thought this defiantly worth sharing..

Apparently Troy Davis who was executed last night, ordered enough food to feed a large third world country as his last meal, and then decided not to eat a single bite. :) The meal reportedly cost the state several hundred dollars and, he didn't even eat the food. Nice..

Now a Georgia senior has proposed a bill, eliminating last meal rights to condemned prisoners.

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - Dark Jaguar - 22nd September 2011

I've heard the evidence is very shaky, in that most of the witnesses recanted their testimony later on and claim they were coerced into giving that testimony in the first place. I'm not saying he's innocent, I am saying that from what I've read, there is no longer enough evidence to consider the death penalty.

Mind you, it's a little late for that. Captain Hindsight over and out.

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - etoven - 22nd September 2011

Dark Jaguar Wrote:I've heard the evidence is very shaky, in that most of the witnesses recanted their testimony later on and claim they were coerced into giving that testimony in the first place. I'm not saying he's innocent, I am saying that from what I've read, there is no longer enough evidence to consider the death penalty.

Mind you, it's a little late for that. Captain Hindsight over and out.
I'm not really sure if he was innocent or not either, but if he was innocent at least he big time fucked the government that scorned him. That pleases me.

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - A Black Falcon - 22nd September 2011

I oppose the death penalty generally, but yes, when you're executing people who even MAY be innocent, it makes it even easier for people to see why the death penalty is wrong, certainly...

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - Fittisize - 22nd September 2011

Was he innocent? I don't know - probably, yeah. Most likely he most definitely was, but we don't know for sure. But what we do know for certain is that Davis' guilt was in no way assured beyond a reasonable doubt. Perhaps at the time he was convicted in his original trial this may have appeared to be so, but given the actual facts that we learned about the case and the events that transpired afterwards, it's obvious that a big, big mistake was made. This is utterly criminal and it's simply unconscionable that he was executed given the incredible doubt surrounding the case. I understand that the death penalty is a state's rights issue and that the federal government cannot intervene on matters relating to state issues. I say bollocks. I don't care that the founding fathers felt that granting more powers to the states was the best way to protect individual liberties. This execution extends far beyond Georgia. What kind of country lets this happen to one of its own citizens? What kind of country permits and condones states to carry out such a fallacy of a trial and then allows it to carry out a final, irreversible act against somebody who may have been innocent? One commentator described the death penalty as "a barbaric hangover from an Old Testament morality." I tend to agree with that. The rest of the Western world abolished the pre-meditated systematic killing of its own people long ago. This case attracted significant attention all over the globe and today America faces the scorn and disgust of the rest of the world. Within its own boarders all those who fought for Troy Davis and who spoke out against his execution - millions of Americans, I don't doubt, and some of them very influential and well-known people - must live with the shame of what they as a collective allowed to happen. Troy Davis won't be forgotten. Like Cameron Todd Willingham, he stands as a martyr in a struggle to finally end such a brutal, tyrannical, irreversible mode of punishment which could possibly result in the execution of an innocent person.

Having said that, in what I think is a thought-provoking coincidence, Lawrence Brewer, who participated in one of the most heinous hate crimes that I've ever heard of (the murder of James Byrd) was also executed yesterday in Texas. Oh well. Complicated stuff, capital punishment.

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - Weltall - 22nd September 2011

Funny you should mention Lawrence Brewer, because he's the guy who ordered the ridiculous and costly final meal attributed to Troy Davis in the first post.

So, it wasn't a sly final jab at a government who executed him unjustly. It was a final fuck-you by an unrepentant monster.

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - Dark Jaguar - 22nd September 2011

A half-remembered third party report on an NPR comment of unknown speaker, source, or validity may not have been something worth trusting at face value after all...

Captain Hindsight AWAY!

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - etoven - 23rd September 2011

Weltall Wrote:Funny you should mention Lawrence Brewer, because he's the guy who ordered the ridiculous and costly final meal attributed to Troy Davis in the first post.

So, it wasn't a sly final jab at a government who executed him unjustly. It was a final fuck-you by an unrepentant monster.
Wow, you where like this threads Godzilla just now..

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - EdenMaster - 23rd September 2011

I'd heard he declined his final meal and was brought a "standard" final meal, which I believe for most prisons is steak and potatoes.

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - etoven - 23rd September 2011

EdenMaster Wrote:I'd heard he declined his final meal and was brought a "standard" final meal, which I believe for most prisons is steak and potatoes.
Wow, that was even more inaccurate than my comment.

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - EdenMaster - 23rd September 2011

etoven Wrote:Wow, that was even more inaccurate than my comment.

Which part, and how so?

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - Dark Jaguar - 23rd September 2011

I hear tell they don't even have to....

wipe themselves...

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - alien space marine - 23rd September 2011

If the U.S federal gov cannot abolish it nation wide, Couldn't they just use a loop hole like making the criteria for capital punishment so hard that they may has well have banned it by defacto?

Comdemed Prisoner Troy Davis's final fuck you - Dark Jaguar - 23rd September 2011

What makes you think they can't abolish it? It's perfectly possible, technically, it just won't happen in this political climate. By the same token, no "loophole" that would "effectively" abolish it would ever pass either. The right may be dumb but they aren't stupid.