Tendo City
Darn, the football lockout is over - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Darn, the football lockout is over (/showthread.php?tid=6267)

Darn, the football lockout is over - A Black Falcon - 27th July 2011

I hate football, I was kind of hoping the season would end up cancelled or something. :)

... Given the huge amounts of money involved, though, it's easy to see why that wasn't the case.

Darn, the football lockout is over - Great Rumbler - 27th July 2011

You're dumb.

No, football is. :)

Darn, the football lockout is over - Great Rumbler - 27th July 2011

No.

Football is stupid. I've always really disliked it. Roided up people try to hurt eachother, the sport... ugh.

Darn, the football lockout is over - Fittisize - 27th July 2011

But baseball's fine because the even more-roided up people don't try to hurt each other? And I'm a little bit upset the season is back on again too, sorta. I like the NFL, but this would have been a great opportunity to increase American viewership and interest in the NHL by a good margin. Oh well.

I dislike the steroid abuse in baseball quite a lot, but yes, baseball's not a violent sport about people trying to hurt eachother. It's a good sport, and yeah, I do think it has more class than the other major sports... I mean, just compare a baseball uniform to football, hockey, soccer, and basketball, for instance...

Darn, the football lockout is over - Weltall - 27th July 2011

Baseball is the sports equivalent of music played over supermarket loudspeakers.

Darn, the football lockout is over - Fittisize - 28th July 2011

A Black Falcon Wrote:I dislike the steroid abuse in baseball quite a lot, but yes, baseball's not a violent sport about people trying to hurt eachother. It's a good sport, and yeah, I do think it has more class than the other major sports... I mean, just compare a baseball uniform to football, hockey, soccer, and basketball, for instance...

In baseball they don't even remove their hats when they play. How classy is that? And that's a ridiculous statement in the first place, evaluating the classiness of a sport based on what uniforms the players wear. Different sports require different uniforms as a matter of purpose. How do you evaluate the classiness of rugby? In that sport they wear collared uniforms. The appropiate work attire in rugby is business casual. But does the fact that it's a contact sport balance out whatever classiness they may have gained on account of their uniforms? What about in hockey, where it's tradition for both teams to shake hands at centre ice after a playoff series ends, including the Finals, something no other sport does? That's a pretty classy notion, but is it removed because some players often fight with each other? How about football players like Hines Ward who exude respect and professionalism every time they step on the field? Are they less classy than baseball players like Nyjer Morgan because they wear big scary shoulder pads and barred helmets?? How on Earth can you quantify class????? The only class that exists in baseball is Class in the Marxist sense, wherein the game is rigged to favour bourgeousie teams like the Red Sox ahead of proletariat teams like the Royals. It's big-money, deep-pocket exploitation of your common Working Baseball Player, the most riducously one-sided top-heavy economic system in all of sports. A revolution is needed. A revolution is imminent.

Darn, the football lockout is over - Weltall - 28th July 2011

:amunk:

Darn, the football lockout is over - Great Rumbler - 28th July 2011

lol

Football is awesome.

Darn, the football lockout is over - Dark Jaguar - 28th July 2011

I wish more people exploded... Hmm? Oh no I'm not talking about sports I just wish more people exploded.

Darn, the football lockout is over - Weltall - 28th July 2011

Well, yes, that would be useful.

I nominate Boston sports fans for the job. All Boston sports fans. Doesn't matter which sport.