Tendo City
So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: So there's a new Looney Toons show... (/showthread.php?tid=6214)

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Dark Jaguar - 31st May 2011

.... I don't like it. The animation is bad, the voices are way off (the witch in particular is completely off), the premise is annoying (sticking ALL the characters into suburbia is annoying, just make new ones like Tiny Toons if you are going to do that), and I could forgive that, all of it, if it just wasn't such a BORE. It just drags on and on. They have 3 or so storylines all going on at once, and none of them is very entertaining. Every single gag is just pathetic. They try to modernize it, but they don't. Granted, that can go badly, but in this case, there's lots of stuff they could do that wouldn't come off as "radicool" and they just don't do it. The thing ended with a classic styled CG short with Wile E Coyote. Kinda funny, but they totally missed a few obvious gags with the zip line.

Funny thing is, I actually like the recent Tom and Jerry animated movie things. The biggest crime those commit is that they focus too much on the newly created characters, but at least those characters are well written. Love the soccer mom.

I really don't know what the deal is. Duck Dodgers was pretty funny. It went a little too "ultra fantastic" in the action scenes instead of the "subdued" almost pathetic fights of the classic cartoons, but it was still pretty funny. This? Somehow they actually managed to make Speedy more offensive, and they completely missed out on actually USING the fact that he's fast for something. He's starting a pizza business. Why couldn't they have him actually DELIVER the pizzas? That'd actually put his speed to some use. Also, why pizzas? He's supposed to represent Mexican culture, so why not fish tacos?

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Great Rumbler - 31st May 2011

It's okay, but too much of a sitcom.

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Dark Jaguar - 31st May 2011

I didn't laugh the entire show. That's not a good thing.

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - lazyfatbum - 18th June 2011

Mel blanc and termite terrace just collectively rolled over.

Get the people that did Tiny Toons and Animaniacs to do a Looney Tunes refit, this is just sad.

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Great Rumbler - 18th June 2011

The man you're looking for is Tom Ruegger, he had a hand in quite a few WB series that ran during the 90's [Batman, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Pinky and the Brain, Road Rovers, and Freakzoid]. Of course, he had a little help from Sheri Stone [on Tiny Toons and Animaniacs] and the guiding hand of Steven Speilberg. Basically, it was a convergence of talent that doesn't come along too often.

The Looney Toons Show has the guys who did the Duck Dodgers series, but apparently that's not enough.

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Dark Jaguar - 25th June 2011

The witch's voice is just... painful.

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Sacred Jellybean - 25th June 2011

Well, I haven't seen it myself but I'm sure it's not

[Image: loonatics_group.jpg]

the worst re-imagining they've done so far.

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Great Rumbler - 25th June 2011

It's basically a sitcom version of Looney Toons, with most of the characters looking the same and sounding basically the same. Far from a travesty [that Loonatics certainly would have been], it's just kinda...meh. I'd watch it if I came across while flipping channels, but it's not something I'd seek out.

So there's a new Looney Toons show... - Dark Jaguar - 25th June 2011

Oh it's certainly not... that...

Still, as terrible as Loonatics would have been, it's got campy 90's laughability to it. It's ridiculous enough a concept to be entertaining. This isn't as bad, but GR does sum it um, it's pretty dull. Why does the witch sound like stereotypical black mother number 3? Why?

Speaking of Loonatics....

http://www.homestarrunner.com/aprilfool10.html