Tendo City
Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Jim Merrick Leaves NOA (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Laser Link - 6th January 2003

...and takes over as the new European Marketing & Networks Director of NOE. Misleading headlines are fun. The press release:

Quote:(6th January 2003) Leading global gaming company Nintendo has announced today that it has appointed a new European Marketing & Networks Director, Jim Merrick, effective from January. He will be responsible for all pan-European marketing activities across 18 countries and will co-ordinate the top-line strategy across advertising, promotions, online, direct marketing and retail.

A longstanding employee of Nintendo of America, the role sees Jim Merrick transfer his skills to Nintendo of Europe, bringing with him a wealth of marketing management experience from his previous role as Nintendo Network Marketing Director, based in Seattle. In this capacity, Merrick was the chief technical member of an international innovation and product development team for two years, in addition to working closely with other divisions and partners in Japan, North America and Europe to explore the potential of various networking opportunities. Prior to this, Merrick spent six years as Technical Director for Nintendo of America, a key member of their management team with numerous responsibilities including defining, creating and implementing systems to support Nintendo's software quality assurance.

Prior to joining Nintendo, Merrick spent seven years as a Software Engineer at CAD/CAM software developer, 4D Graphics in Washington. As a core member of the product design and management team, he was responsible for determining release content, timing and overall strategic direction. From this position Merrick joined Nintendo of America.

Merrick will continue to build on the success of Nintendo GameCube, and will be focusing on the major upcoming games such as Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and 1080° Avalanche. He will also continue to drive the phenomenal success of Game Boy Advance, which is the fastest selling console ever. Merrick will work closely with Nintendo's subsidiaries, distributors and agencies to ensure a continued integrated brand presence for the company's biggest franchises including NINTENDO GAMECUBE, Game Boy Advance, Pokémon and Mario.

David Gosen, Managing Director of Sales and Marketing for Nintendo of Europe comments: "Nintendo is moving into a very exciting, creative and innovative time. Jim brings with him a wealth of brand experience and understanding of the market that will ensure a fully integrated marketing drive as Nintendo looks to its next era of gaming."

So if Jim Merrick is no longer working on the whole online planning, I would guess that either:
A) Nintendo finished it up and is ready to unveil it, maybe at the Tuesday press conference.
B) They canned the whole idea and banished him to Europe for his failure.

Think there is anything to this? Discuss.

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - WhiteFleck - 6th January 2003

Isn't he the Elephant Man?

Jim: *Shluup* Chilmb... Qwschittinb!
Everyone else: What's that? Huh?
Jim: *Shluup* Raaaaa *shluup* aaaaa

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - OB1 - 6th January 2003

What did he do at NOA again, aside from the online thing?

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - OB1 - 16th September 2003

I'm still waiting for an answer.

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Great Rumbler - 16th September 2003

Maybe he'll be able to fix things over in Europe and get the GC to start selling better.

Well he's been there for ten months now and the GC isn't doing any better.

So let's find him and punch him in the face!

... Or ask him if he can introduce us to Miyamoto. Now that would be the shiznit.

Whoops, I guess I should have checked the date. :D

Actually, it's only been 8 months...

Nine months. Almost.

8 months and 10 days...

No he's been there since the beginning of January.

January 6th - Start
February 6th - 1 month
March 6th -2 months
April 6th - 3 months
May 6th - 4 months
June 6th - 5 months
July 6th - 6 months
August 6th - 7 months
September 6th - 8 months
September 16th - 8 months and 10 days

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - A Black Falcon - 16th September 2003

Well whatever he's been doing, it hasn't been succeeding in improving Nintendo's situation there in any way...

No it's more like this:

January 1st - Start
February 1st - 1 month
March 1st -2 months
April 1st - 3 months
May 1st - 4 months
June 1st - 5 months
July 1sth - 6 months
August 1st - 7 months
September 1st - 8 months
September 16th - 8 and a half months, or almost 9 months.

:shakeit:

Ooh, six days difference! So important!

Those six days basically prove that I'm right. :p

How do you know he started on the 1st and not the 6th?

Magic.

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - A Black Falcon - 17th September 2003

Seems it to me.

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - OB1 - 17th September 2003

Actually it's because they stated that he got that title " as of the beginning of January" or something like that.

Ah. Vague... :)

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Great Rumbler - 17th September 2003

The article is dated January 6th therefor I win, because you are a loser.

Merrick went to Europe and got that title before the article was posted. So I'm right and you're ABF.

Haha, get it?? I'm so clever! Haha

Oh yes, ha ha so funny... Rolleyes

Haha You know it!

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Sacred Jellybean - 17th September 2003

You guys are L-A-M-E. Seriously.

How do you know the article wasn't made on the same day he got the title? Huh?! Didn't think of that did you?! But I did! Because I have smarts and you do not!!

I am Jim Merrick!!!

There! Are you happy now?!! You've forced me to reveal my true identity!

*sigh*

You see, I've been working undercover for Nintendo for four years now, going from forum to forum trying to spread my Nintendo propaganda and mess with peoples' minds. And you know, trying to get the fans' opinions. And now you just blew it, you bastard!

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Dark Jaguar - 17th September 2003

You're the one who admitted it, YOU blew it! You could have just walked away after all, but no, you had to not only blow your own cover without any outside help, you had to blame someone else so you don't get fired. Well too late fat boy! Now you're banished to Europe! Enjoy the bad teeth!

This thread is so dumb...

So are a lot of threads at TC...

That is true...

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
You're the one who admitted it, YOU blew it! You could have just walked away after all, but no, you had to not only blow your own cover without any outside help, you had to blame someone else so you don't get fired. Well too late fat boy! Now you're banished to Europe! Enjoy the bad teeth!

No! You made me do it because you sent me those flowers and KNEW that I was a sucker for carnations and couldn't resist the anti-charm of Johnny!!!

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Dark Jaguar - 17th September 2003

But I sent you stink roses, from the isle of the sacred mountain!

Narrator Persona: But DJ, the stink flowers don't actually GROW there, they just wash ashore now and again.

DJ: SHUT UP! You aren't supposed to talk to the characters! Besides, that IS where I got them, whether they washed ashore or not, so my statement is still correct!

Narrator Persona: Whatever you say...

DJ: SHUT UP YOUR FACE!

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - OB1 - 18th September 2003

:eek2:

.... :nono:

.....Dunno ....Haha Flowers

.................................. Explode

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Great Rumbler - 18th September 2003

Meanwhile at Dr. Johnny's lab on the South Jersy shore...

Dr. Johnny: Gentlement! Behold...this thing I made!

Daniel: Uh...what the heck is that?

Dr. Johnny: Well...I spliced together your DNA with that of Jim Merrick's...and a Philly Cheese steak sandwhich.

Daniel: ...whoah.

Dr. Johnny: You know it! Now bring the carnations! And you better hurry or he'll miss his date!!

Daniel: Uh...who's he on a date with?

Dr. Johnny: Why it's your momma, Daniel! Now get the ax!!

Karen: How come I don't have a part in all this?!

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - OB1 - 18th September 2003

Haha

Now if only that were a comic...

*hint hint*

Jim Merrick Leaves NOA - Great Rumbler - 18th September 2003

We'll see... :)