Tendo City
Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Top Ten Movies of 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=6074)

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Great Rumbler - 4th January 2011

1. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. Tron: Legacy
3. Toy Story 3
4. Inception
5. Tangled
6. Trigun: Badlands Rumble
7. The Expendables
8. How to Train Your Dragon
9. Shutter Island
10. Loups=Garous

Still want to see Black Swan, True Grit, and The Social Network.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Sacred Jellybean - 4th January 2011

I didn't know Shutter Island was 2010. That said, I don't think I've seen enough 2010 movies to make a top 10.

I guess I'd say (in no particular order):

Black Swan
Scott Pilgrim
Inception
Tron: Legacy
Shutter Island
Social Network

Still need to see Toy Story 3 and True Grit.

It came out all the way back in February.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - A Black Falcon - 4th January 2011

Movies of 2010? Um, what movies did I see from last year... ah... I'll just list them all, there aren't 10.

1. Toy Story 3 (on this list, wins by a good margin)
2. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 1st (quite good movie, I like the Nanoha animes and this was great too.)
3. Megamind (The only movie on this list I saw in 3D; the other movie I saw in 3D in 2010 was Avatar, which of course is an '09 film. Megamind was funny. Not the best movie ever, but good entertaining stuff, with some clever ideas too.)
4. Shrek Final (Mediocre and average but somewhat entertaining. Still though, there's a good-sized gap between this and Megamind in terms of quality.)
5. Clash of the Titans (bad movie, but I like Greek myths so I got some entertainment out of it.)
6. How to Train Your Dragon (perhaps better than #5, but this was pretty formulaic and bland. Maybe it'd be better in the theater, in 3d? I only saw it on DVD.)

Yeah, I'm not certain which order the last two should be in. Clash of the Titans is a worse movie, no question, but I got more enjoyment out of it, as much because of all the stupid as because of anything else... but it did also help that I saw Clash of the Titans in the theater (not in 3d, in 2d, but in the theater). In a movie all about CG spectacle like that one is that makes a difference. As for How to Train your Dragon though, perhaps I'm being unfair right here, but it just wasn't that interesting. Not bad or anything, but... eh, I kind of lost interest.

That's all I can think of. I haven't seen Tron yet, though of course I really want to.

I found Clash of the Titans to be such a boring movie. So bland and bloated. Didn't really help that Sam Worthington is a bland, boring actor.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - A Black Falcon - 4th January 2011

Clash of the Titans was pretty bad, but had some cool CG battles and such and lots of "so bad it's almost good" mangled Greek myth and God of War references... it was so stupid, I probably don't regret going to see it. :)

But yes, the original Clash of the Titans was better.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Sacred Jellybean - 4th January 2011

Yeah, Clash of the Titans was a huge waste of time. I didn't care about anything happening on screen, not even the CGI battles.

Sam Worthington was pretty decent in Avatar, but only because CGI did most of the leg work.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Great Rumbler - 5th January 2011

Yeah, Sam Worthington had some okay moments in Avatar and some in Terminator Salvation, but Clash of the Titans was pretty much everything bad about his acting on display for the entire runtime.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Dark Jaguar - 5th January 2011

Here's the thing I remember most about Clash of the Titans:

"Oh hey a magic sword! Oh hey a magic horse! How about me just stumbling across this stuff in an open field?"

At least the first version took the time to explain it instead of just leaving the audience wondering about the sheer odds of just finding that stuff.

Under the Red Hood was fun. I gotta say that whoever did the Joker's voice in that one had exactly the voice I always imagined Kefka having in my head.

That would be John DiMaggio [the voice of Bender on Futurama].

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - EdenMaster - 5th January 2011

Great Rumbler Wrote:That would be John DiMaggio [the voice of Bender on Futurama].

As well as Wakka from FFX.

Updated my Top Ten a bit.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - alien space marine - 5th January 2011

1.inception
2. True Grit (excellent)
3.Toy story 3
4.Jack Ass 3d ( Poor 3d, but still funny as ever)
5.piranha 3d ( 3D boobs and tons of nudity + Jerry O'Connell and some fun cameo's.)
6. The ghost writer
7.Machete (mex'ploitation)
8.Shrek forever after
9.Unstoppable
10.The expendables

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Weltall - 8th January 2011

1. Inception

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Great Rumbler - 8th January 2011

I watched that again last night and, yes, it is quite good.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - alien space marine - 8th January 2011

Great Rumbler Wrote:I watched that again last night and, yes, it is quite good.

What's your interpretation of it?

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Great Rumbler - 8th January 2011

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - nickdaddyg - 15th January 2011

Man, Shutter Island was way better than Inception.

The reception to Inception really annoyed me.

Anyway, I can't remember 10, but I liked 'arry Potter and Clash of the Titans.

Honestly, I didn't see any of the movies you guys mentioned.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Fittisize - 16th January 2011

I never saw any of the movies mentioned either.

The only movies I saw from 2010 were Eat Pray Love, Youth in Revolt, and She's out of my League. I didn't enjoy any of them, and I couldn't be bothered to rank them on any sort of "best of" list.

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - Dark Jaguar - 17th January 2011

Best movie of the year:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wDOSpkuOcw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wDOSpkuOcw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Top Ten Movies of 2010 - etoven - 17th January 2011

Death Bat has everything!!! 10/10!
On a side note.. 2 headed penis ate my cat. My stupid whore cat..