Tendo City
Show your TC Pride... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Show your TC Pride... (/showthread.php?tid=5993)

Show your TC Pride... - etoven - 27th October 2010

Proudly display this official TC wallpaper this holiday season...

1024x768 Desktop Download
1680x1050 Desktop Download (For Ryan)
800x600 Desktop Download (FOR ABF)
640x480 for HTC Hero

Show your TC Pride... - Great Rumbler - 27th October 2010

I think you need to make a smaller version for ABF.

Great Rumbler Wrote:I think you need to make a smaller version for ABF.

Oww. Yea. I forgot he is 800x600...
Don't Worry ABF the render is in the oven now.

Show your TC Pride... - Dark Jaguar - 27th October 2010

I am deeply deeply ashamed of my affiliation with this site.

Can you render a background so I can demonstrate my shame?

Dark Jaguar Wrote:I am deeply deeply ashamed of my affiliation with this site.

Can you render a background so I can demonstrate my shame?

No one is making you stay here DJ... If you want I can delete your account.. We could use the server space!

ABF's wallpaper version is done..

Show your TC Pride... - Great Rumbler - 28th October 2010

Yay! Now ABF can join in as well!

Show your TC Pride... - A Black Falcon - 28th October 2010

Rolleyes

Show your TC Pride... - Weltall - 28th October 2010

1024 x 768 isn't small? I mean, we made fun of 800 x 600 five years ago. 1024 x 768 has taken its place.

Make one that's widescreen for those of us in the 21st century! I actually rather like it.

1680 x 1050 for me, plz.

Show your TC Pride... - etoven - 28th October 2010

Weltall Wrote:1024 x 768 isn't small? I mean, we made fun of 800 x 600 five years ago. 1024 x 768 has taken its place.

Make one that's widescreen for those of us in the 21st century! I actually rather like it.

1680 x 1050 for me, plz.

Jesus Christ Usher, I'll let you know when it's done rendering...
Most likely sometime next March.

Show your TC Pride... - Great Rumbler - 28th October 2010

A Black Falcon Wrote:Rolleyes

Lol

1024x768 is still a normal resolution, but yes, I would agree that it's on the low end of normal these days, and widescreen resolutions (and monitors) are quite common.

On the note of wallpapers, though, I currently have two monitors attached to my computer (hey, the computer has two video out ports, and I had another monitor lying around, so I hooked it up a few months ago... :)). I wish that in Vista I could put different wallpapers on each monitor, it's kind of lame that I've got to just set one wallpaper which is on both displays.

Oh yeah, and the colors on my main monitor, the circa 2001 Dell 17" CRT, are vastly superior to the other one, a mid '00s 17" Dell LCD. That's why I use the CRT as my main monitor, in addition to that it supports higher referesh rates and more resolutions. But the difference in color quality is really very noticeable... I wonder if newer LCDs are any better at this?

A Black Falcon Wrote:1024x768 is still a normal resolution, but yes, I would agree that it's on the low end of normal these days, and widescreen resolutions (and monitors) are quite common.

On the note of wallpapers, though, I currently have two monitors attached to my computer (hey, the computer has two video out ports, and I had another monitor lying around, so I hooked it up a few months ago... :)). I wish that in Vista I could put different wallpapers on each monitor, it's kind of lame that I've got to just set one wallpaper which is on both displays.

Oh yeah, and the colors on my main monitor, the circa 2001 Dell 17" CRT, are vastly superior to the other one, a mid '00s 17" Dell LCD. That's why I use the CRT as my main monitor, in addition to that it supports higher referesh rates and more resolutions. But the difference in color quality is really very noticeable... I wonder if newer LCDs are any better at this?

I can tell you from experience that modern LCD displays and now LED displays have vastly superior contrast ratios then their distant cousins. Plus their really afordable now. You can get a decant 23" for around $200.

Show your TC Pride... - EdenMaster - 28th October 2010

Don't try to reason with him, etoven. He remains the sole defender of CRT monitors on the planet :p

By "distant cousins" you mean "LCD monitors from five years ago"? Because that's the age of this LCD.

Now, I'm sure that some people would say "well it's five years old and not exactly high end, just a Dell thing, of course it's not the best"... but my CRT is nine years old and just a midrange Dell thing, so I think the comparison is fair. And there's a big difference in color quality, and differences in refresh rates supported and resolutions supported too.

Sure, it's smaller and turns on quicker, but those are its only real advantages. And given that the computer takes much longer to turn on than the CRT monitor, that first advantage doesn't mean much.

EdenMaster Wrote:Don't try to reason with him, etoven. He remains the sole defender of CRT monitors on the planet :p

Not sole, no. I'm definitely not the only one.

Well it took 3 hours, Ryan...
But the render of my wallpaper at your absurdly high resolution is finally finished..

[See first post]

Show your TC Pride... - etoven - 6th November 2010

Well I redid the render using a new external renderer call yafray... It is supposed lightyears more advanced then the default one Blender uses.

Show your TC Pride... - etoven - 7th November 2010

Finally add some compositing nodes..
And you get this...

Show your TC Pride... - etoven - 7th November 2010

New Wallpaper Download Link
Click Here