Tendo City
Mosque Controversy - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Mosque Controversy (/showthread.php?tid=5872)

Mosque Controversy - Darunia - 20th July 2010

NYC Ground Zero Mosque

Discuss.

The logical side of me says, there is probably no legal basis for denying the mosque. Possibly, there is no alterior motive to the location. However, the emotional side of me says there should be no mosque near Ground Zero... build it elsewhere in New York, but not there. Perhaps illogically, I see it as the WTC being obliterated, and a Muslim flag propped up in the rubble. 52% of New Yorkers agree.

Mosque Controversy - Great Rumbler - 20th July 2010

If they were building it directly over the Trade Center site, I'd definitely be against it. But a couple blocks away? Nah.

Mosque Controversy - EdenMaster - 20th July 2010

Because all Muslims in the world conspired the 9/11 attacks? I've seen the discussion about this before and the response disgusts me as an American. Honestly, people can be so small-minded.

As is my understanding, there is already a building on the site owned by a Muslim community leader which is already being used for that purpose. All that will change is the structure they do it in. Let them build their mosque. They won't be doing any flag burning or planning of terrorist attacks in there, nor put up giant banners with Osama bin Laden's face on the outside. They're peaceful people who simply want a place to pray. Denying them that is denying them their civil liberties granted to them as Americans, indeed one of the reasons they and their parents and grandparents chose to become Americans. What other gray areas will we come up with next for the brown people among us?

Mosque Controversy - Darunia - 20th July 2010

I'm not arguing that they can''t build a mosque. I don't think it's appropriate to build a Muslim house of worship next to the WTC, which was, in case you didn't know, destroyed by an All-Muslim bunch of Muslims, who, being Muslim, became hard-core Muslim Martyrs. It's like a slap in the face.

Mosque Controversy - EdenMaster - 20th July 2010

But my point remains that you're lumping in all Muslims with a comparatively small sect of extremists. It's like comparing a normal Christian congregation with something like the Westboro Baptists. Yes, they're all Christians, but you can hardly compare the two.

Mosque Controversy - Weltall - 20th July 2010

Quote:Yes, they're all Christians, but you can hardly compare the two.

Given his attitude towards Christianity, I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Mosque Controversy - Fittisize - 20th July 2010

You don't think Muslims felt any pain from 9/11? Thanks to that day, anybody with brown skin is viewed as fundamentalist terrorist bent on destroying America and all that is Good. 9/11 basically marks the spread of widespread, ingrained Islamophobia which has become part of everyday life. There's a fantastic documentary called "Being Osama" which examines the lives of six Arab men in Montreal who all happen to be named Osama. It deals with how drastically their lives changed after 9/11 and the widespread racism, bigotry, and hatred they all continue to deal with. Nothing about them changed, but peoples perceptions about them sure did. I say build a mosque wherever you want, even if it's two Manhattan city blocks awy from Ground Zero which is like eight blocks anywhere else. You probably can't even see it from where they're at.

Mosque Controversy - etoven - 20th July 2010

I think all Muslims should be killed for their precious juices...

Mmmmmmmm.

Mosque Controversy - alien space marine - 21st July 2010

Mosque Controversy - Darunia - 21st July 2010

You guys with your political correctness make me nauseous.

Discontinue your lip-flapping and post more hot babage instead.

This is now the hot babage thread.

Natalie Portman welcome; Tina Fey need not apply.

[Image: f9681955a01f866ad6fdc038af80bee848ce17ad_m.jpg]

[Image: WonderfullookingIsraeliArmyGirls.jpg]

[Image: SexyIsraeliAirForceGirllayingintheg.jpg]

[Image: SexyIsraeliArmyGirloffdutyHergunise.jpg]

these girls are from the same cabbage patch as Natalie Portmen,

Mosque Controversy - Sacred Jellybean - 21st July 2010

Babage? Is that some kind of Russian word? Buh-Baj', is that how it's pronounced? I thought we were talking about Muslims? I'm so confused!

But "hot" is a word I DO understand. Here ya go!

[Image: evan-rachel-wood.jpg]

I wish she'd wear a little less make-up though. She's naturally beautiful.

They're Israeli?

I wish she'd wear a little less make-up though. She's naturally beautiful.

EDITED BY DARUNIA:

I wish she'd wear a little less dress though. She's naturally beautiful.

Darunia Wrote:They're Israeli?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IjmkuIqvl8w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IjmkuIqvl8w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

[Image: evan-rachel-wood-topless-05_sm.jpg]

A little less blanket too, hmm?

Mosque Controversy - Weltall - 21st July 2010

More pink.

[Image: fat-black-woman-1.jpg]

Mosque Controversy - etoven - 21st July 2010

Weltall Wrote:More pink.

Holy shit.. I think the fat ate her titties.

Mosque Controversy - Fittisize - 21st July 2010

Weltall Wrote:More pink.

Girl looks like a bitch (dot com)

She doesn't look like that much of a bitch. :( Fat =/= bitchy. Poor girl.