Tendo City
So what do you guys think? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: So what do you guys think? (/showthread.php?tid=5788)

So what do you guys think? - etoven - 11th June 2010

I've been messing around allot with blender...

So what do you guys think? - Dark Jaguar - 11th June 2010

Simple, elegant, probably the sharpest image you've made yet. Nice.

Do a teapot now.

So what do you guys think? - Darunia - 11th June 2010

Wow that's sharp... what program did you use? What is this "Blender" I keep hearing about?

Darunia Wrote:Wow that's sharp... what program did you use? What is this "Blender" I keep hearing about?
Oww. Shit...
Go [here]

And start making shit like this for free:
[MOVIE]http://www.tcforums.com/etoven/Sintel%20Open%20Movie%20Trailer.flv[/MOVIE]

BTW, I strongly recommend you go on YouTube and watch some tutorials or buy a book otherwise you may git a little frustrated with blenders UI. Once you master using the program though, you'll be blending like a mother fucker..

Happy Blending!

Yeah I had no idea what blender was either. I just assumed it was some little renderer he stuck together. No one here is big on that small scene.

Oh, and just use an external flash web site's OWN frickin' embed code etoven. Stop with your dumb "video player" thing. Embedding one flash into another is just poor web practice.

So what do you guys think? - Weltall - 11th June 2010

I'm trying to convince him to develop and sell a jpeg player.

That's essentially what his video player is for me, because I can never get it to work.

So what do you guys think? - Weltall - 11th June 2010

That's my spoiler tag. I stole the code from some other board.

Quote:but replace it with a coded tag so that one can "hide" and "show" video. Auto-playing embedded flash wouldn't even load until "show" was hit.

I have Chrome extensions that do that for all Flash objects. It's so lovely.

So what do you guys think? - Dark Jaguar - 12th June 2010

Well I'm not sure how else you're embedding their video in your "player" considering it's ONLY visible on their site via flash. What, do they have some API that exposes it in it's original raw video format?

Flash is a standard, yes, but what's not considered good practice is embedding another site's flash in your flash (I'm not sure how else you're doing it, as I said). There's nothing wrong with a hyper link at any rate. Point is, it's redundant and doesn't work half the time.

So what do you guys think? - etoven - 12th June 2010

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Well I'm not sure how else you're embedding their video in your "player" considering it's ONLY visible on their site via flash. What, do they have some API that exposes it in it's original raw video format?
That is essentially correct, basically it is possible to calculate a download link given pages query string information and download the raw video, in FLV, or MP4 format.

I embed the video by downloading the raw video file from YouTube servers then I save the MP4 or FLV file on TC's server and my player playes it.

So what do you guys think? - Dark Jaguar - 12th June 2010

And I just gotta ask, why? Their players do the job more than admirably, their method isn't as "questionable", and, well, it doesn't burden your own server unnecessarily. It's as I said, it's inefficient, redundant, and let's face it, reinventing the wheel.

So what do you guys think? - etoven - 13th June 2010

Dark Jaguar Wrote:their method isn't as "questionable"
My method is the same method as YouTube, apparently your not grasping the fact that all flash video players use the same API, YouTubes player and My player are the same implementation of adobe flashes ability to play FLV and MP4 files, the only difference is the UI's we developed for a existing component. Both My and YouTubes player are simply a flashvideo object plooped on a stage and button code assigned to it. With regards to the players ability to stream flash, there can be no difference.

And I still don't understand what misconceptions you have about my method? Just what questionable method are you talking about? YouTube is embeded on a web page the exact same way that my component is so I'm not shure what you mean by questionable..