Tendo City
This is Starting to Get Scary... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: This is Starting to Get Scary... (/showthread.php?tid=5749)

This is Starting to Get Scary... - Darunia - 25th May 2010

This has Poland 1939 written all over it. This seems only capable of escalating:

Trouble

This is Starting to Get Scary... - Great Rumbler - 25th May 2010

The last thing we need right now is North Korea going off the deep end and starting the Korean War up again.

...with nukes.

This is Starting to Get Scary... - alien space marine - 25th May 2010

Just like Greece and Turkey , Their territories intersect and so warships from either side are sent to patrol areas disputed and claimed by both north and south, Which to me caused this incident.

Kim Jong Il, is many things, I never thought he would be so wreck-less as to provoke a war that would result in his inevitable overthrow?!!

It is something be feared, Such a conflict could lead to a draft of illegible healthy military aged men in NATO countries. Not to mention threaten the safety of the south and Japan.

I guess its a bad time to start a diet then? :D

Atleast this time such a possible war, Will not have the north receiving backing of Russia and china.

With any luck, Maybe this time they will join against the North.

Atleast this time such a possible war, Will not have the north receiving backing of Russia and china. I think it's too early to say that. China and Russia seem to generally take the position that is opposite of America's, regardless of what it is.

US: We think we need to attack Afghanistan.
CHINA & RUSSIA: Nah.
US: We need to attack Iraq.
US: We need to push tougher sanctions on North Korea.
US: We think that China and Russia are great!
US: GOT YA!
CHINA & RUSSIA: LOL!!

This is Starting to Get Scary... - alien space marine - 25th May 2010

Darunia Wrote:Atleast this time such a possible war, Will not have the north receiving backing of Russia and china. I think it's too early to say that. China and Russia seem to generally take the position that is opposite of America's, regardless of what it is.

US: We think we need to attack Afghanistan.
US: We need to attack Iraq.
US: We need to push tougher sanctions on North Korea.
US: We think that China and Russia are great!
US: GOT YA!
CHINA & RUSSIA: LOL!!

I find it unlikely that china would go to war to rescue North Korea again.

If not for china's late intervention in the last war with a flood of soldiers, the western allies would have had total victory taking everything.

I admit that my earlier statement about those two actually attacking NK with us probably is very unlikely too.

This is Starting to Get Scary... - A Black Falcon - 25th May 2010

Yeah, China is protecting North Korea, but only to a point... I really cannot see them going to war with us in North Korea's favor either. China and Russia actually also aren't thrilled that North Korea has nuclear weapons...

As for Russia getting involved, no way, other than participating in the talks over North Korea's nuclear program.

You're right that things are looking a little scary though, thanks to the North Korean regime... but open war? I doubt it, I really do. SUre they have a few nukes and could kill many millions of people in South Korea and/or Japan, but they'd lose in the end and know it, their country would be utterly devastated, and do they really think China would go to war with the West because of them again? I really, REALLY don't think so.

I mean, it'd be completely suicidal for the North Korean regime to actually go to war. So I don't think they'll do it... they'll just keep doing what they've been doing, pushing boundaries, causing trouble, horribly oppressing their people, being annoying...

This is Starting to Get Scary... - Dark Jaguar - 25th May 2010

"Horribly oppressing people, being annoying"

Love how you listed that in increasing severity there ABF...

Yeah I too doubt that China or Russia are going to be backing North Korea any time soon. They start a war, I'm betting they're going to, at worst, take a neutral stance, and more likely to actually join everyone else in opposing them. North Korea is led by some sort of crazy person. The only saving grace is the crazy leader's own policies vastly slow down his ability to get functioning ICBMs built, since he kills any and all "failures" due to his misunderstanding of how science is done. Of course murdering people being a "saving grace" says a lot about how miserable the populace of that place must be.

Oh, and don't think for a second that anyone's planning on nuking it. Not this president, not the last president, just about no one is going to nuke a civilian populace, because winning a war is more than just "beating the other guy up", it's political and there's got to be a clear and present gain out of that sort of thing, there isn't.

This is Starting to Get Scary... - Darunia - 26th May 2010

Of course China and Russia won't go to WW3 over North Korea--but I still think they'll stand in the way of the West if we do actually try and take action against Kim Jong Il.

This is Starting to Get Scary... - alien space marine - 26th May 2010

Dark Jaguar Wrote:"Horribly oppressing people, being annoying"

Love how you listed that in increasing severity there ABF...

Yeah I too doubt that China or Russia are going to be backing North Korea any time soon. They start a war, I'm betting they're going to, at worst, take a neutral stance, and more likely to actually join everyone else in opposing them. North Korea is led by some sort of crazy person. The only saving grace is the crazy leader's own policies vastly slow down his ability to get functioning ICBMs built, since he kills any and all "failures" due to his misunderstanding of how science is done. Of course murdering people being a "saving grace" says a lot about how miserable the populace of that place must be.

Not to mention Kim Jong Il is a short fat man in a nation of starving skeleton people.

Why does he not just call himself "King" the hole Facade of being the leader of a representative government is a joke, True Republics do not have hereditary rulers nor do they have "Ghost presidents" still officially holding office long after being deceased.