Tendo City
Citizen Kane is supposed to be the greatest movie ever... but... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Citizen Kane is supposed to be the greatest movie ever... but... (/showthread.php?tid=5676)

Citizen Kane is supposed to be the greatest movie ever... but... - Dark Jaguar - 17th April 2010

Who actually heard his last words? This has been bugging me since I saw it. The greatest movie of all time has a big arse plot hole right from the start.

Well executed, great story, and yet there's this huge plot hole, at least I THINK so.

Please, could someone tell me if his room was wire tapped or if there was someone else in there, or outside with their ear to the door, or he left his phone off the hook, or something?

Citizen Kane is supposed to be the greatest movie ever... but... - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2010

Found this on IMDB:

Quote:Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the beginning, Kane says, "Rosebud." The nurse enters the room after the word is spoken. The shooting script only mentions Kane and the nurse being in the room. However, within the movie itself Raymond the butler tells the reporter that he had heard Kane say "Rosebud" after the fight with Susan as well as just before he drops the snow globe, implying that what the viewer is shown in that scene is from Raymond's P.O.V.

Citizen Kane is supposed to be the greatest movie ever... but... - Dark Jaguar - 17th April 2010

Person's point of view eh? That butler was sure standing and floating in some weird positions if that's the case. I suppose I'll buy him being just off camera. It still seems like a retcon though...

Citizen Kane is supposed to be the greatest movie ever... but... - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2010

Well, the only way to know for sure is to ask Orson Welles and that's not going to happen.

It's full of country goodness and green pea-ness. Wait that's terrible.

Citizen Kane is supposed to be the greatest movie ever... but... - A Black Falcon - 17th April 2010

Another movie I really should see sometime...

Oh! Let's take the original film and digitally add a CG butler to hear it. We'll do it out of the way, respectfully. Just the butler standing there, he dies, and then he runs over and shouts out "Oh no! He's dead!", and then he CALLS for the girl, see? Oh and we can have him interjecting commentary through the entire movie, seamlessly woven into the dialog!

They'll love us!

Citizen Kane is supposed to be the greatest movie ever... but... - Darunia - 19th April 2010

I watched that a few years ago, and honestly I found it terribly dry and boring. I also am not a big fan of The Maltese Falcon. Casablanca, on the other hand, I love... The African Queen is also out of this world. Gone with the Wind was immensely pleasurable for the first half, but the second half felt like a soap opera and got dull.