Tendo City
Spoiler tag fixed. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Spoiler tag fixed. (/showthread.php?tid=5671)

Spoiler tag fixed. - Weltall - 17th April 2010

Spoiler tag fixed. - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2010

You da man, Weltall.

Spoiler tag fixed. - etoven - 17th April 2010

As of when did you learn JavaScript?

I didn't write the code.

Spoiler tag fixed. - lazyfatbum - 17th April 2010

It was Quag S'u the invisible Java golem.

Spoiler tag fixed. - Dark Jaguar - 17th April 2010

Finally! Good work there. Haven't been able to actually touch the FTP or anything like that in a long time so not like I could have done anything about it.

Also, good work ditching that "spoiler" picture. Unnecesary GIFs are bad design and wasted bandwidth.

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Finally! Good work there. Haven't been able to actually touch the FTP or anything like that in a long time so not like I could have done anything about it.

Also, good work ditching that "spoiler" picture. Unnecesary GIFs are bad design and wasted bandwidth.

you don't have to have FTP acess to fix the spoiler dj, it's done in tc's control panel. And I agree gifs are tacky... Maybe that's why I used a png instead!

It's not a wast of bandwith to make a page look sexy. But if you can't spare enough to load a png, shit just for that remark I think I'm going to have to redo it in flash tonight.. With a video into... Something like here comes your spoiler mother fucker set to starwars... In 3d...

Atleast then you might have legimate bandwith concerns...

I just mean that the days of using image files in tables and forms is in the past. It's just awkward looking.

I haven't messed with the control panel in a long time either. Frankly I completely forgot what it's super powers are.

Is anyone going to comment about the new action tags?
[ACTION]:WolfSmile[/ACTION]

I gotta be honest, it looks like a thought bubble to me. I never used that MS Chat myself (I was spending my time in V-Chat at the time instead, in all 3 of the glorious Ds), so maybe that's how they showed action, but to me it looks like your signature is just thinking about turning into a werewolf, not actually doing it.

Maybe if instead you had a big starburst looking text bubble, just a thought. Oh wait...

[ACTION]Maybe if instead you had a big starburst looking text bubble.[/ACTION]

There we go.

Spoiler tag fixed. - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2010

Yeah, it looks like a thought bubble. Text bubbles should be perfectly round except for the part that points towards the speaker, instead of cloud-like.

Spoiler tag fixed. - Weltall - 18th April 2010

[ACTION]I wonder what happens if you fill this thought bubble with a large amount of text so that it stretches beyond the boundaries which I have seen up to this point. [/ACTION]

Spoiler tag fixed. - etoven - 18th April 2010

Chat city might be to old for you guys, it was before the IP protocol..
The owners had to have a virtual phone line for everyone logged into the system, so only about 10 or so people could chat at once, and you connected with your modem peer to peer, the protocol resembled telnet but not nearly as advanced.

Chat city was the shit, because it was the first chat room where you could type echo 'action' to indicate that you where performing a action in chat instead of talk.

Actions would appear in a different color, if you where lucky enough for your software to support multicolor ansi, and would appear in the format, yourusername "blanks".

I thought this might be an appropriate homage.