Tendo City
I'm using Google Chrome now - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: I'm using Google Chrome now (/showthread.php?tid=5558)

I'm using Google Chrome now - Great Rumbler - 5th March 2010

It's a pretty good browser, thanks in part to a nice array of helpful extensions. On the other hand, there are a few things that urk me about it, but not enough to get me to change back to Firefox.

I'm using Google Chrome now - Weltall - 5th March 2010

Chrome rocks my socks, blew my shoes, and . . . uh . . . licks my knickers.

Now that it has the extensions, I can't imagine why anyone bothers with bloated old FireFox, at least, until FireFox rips off Chrome and becomes more efficient.

I'm using Google Chrome now - Geno - 5th March 2010

I didn't care for Chrome, but to be fair, I only used it on my previous computer and it was extremely laggy. As that computer had less than a meg of memory, I should probably give it another chance on my new computer. For now, I'm using Firefox.

I'm using Google Chrome now - Laser Link - 5th March 2010

I started using Chrome a couple months ago, once they had a real Linux release. I do like it alot, but there is a lot of trouble with addons for Linux still. I don't know how to browse without mouse gestures, and the only working mouse gesture addon is buggy. And, I do run into sites that just won't work right in Chrome, like Hulu (only lately). And this could be Linux too. Who can say?

Also, hello again. :)

I'm using Google Chrome now - A Black Falcon - 5th March 2010

Bah, Seamonkey forever! :)

LL? Really? It's been quite a while... where's cookies.jpg when you need it?

I'm using Google Chrome now - DMiller - 5th March 2010

Laser Link posted? What the hell is going on here?

And I am contemplating the switch to Chrome since I heard it has a web developer toolbar now. That has been the only thing keeping me on Firefox.

I'm using Google Chrome now - Laser Link - 6th March 2010

It does have a developer tool, ala Firebug. But I don't think it allows on-the-fly editing of the css. But again, that could be just me. :)

Yes, it really is me. Weltall nagged me on facebook, and I how could I say no to that sweet face? I think its hilarious that my avatar is Linux themed, because I stopped using Linux years ago and just started up again. Show how long I've been gone. So what have I missed?

I'm using Google Chrome now - Great Rumbler - 6th March 2010

Laser Link Wrote:So what have I missed?

Not much.

By the way, we really need to consolidate some of the forums on TC. There's just way, WAAAYYY too many.

I'm using Google Chrome now - etoven - 6th March 2010

I'm using Google Chrome now - Geno - 6th March 2010

Great Rumbler Wrote:Not much.

By the way, we really need to consolidate some of the forums on TC. There's just way, WAAAYYY too many.
Most of them are defunct, for that matter.

I'm using Google Chrome now - Weltall - 7th March 2010

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I thought most of us were on board with the idea.

I'm using Google Chrome now - A Black Falcon - 7th March 2010

Like merge what? Tendo + Multiconsole and Ramble + Den of the Philociraptor? Because even if they're not used much, the comics and reviews forum groups have a purpose.

And obviously SAVE TENDO CITY can't go anywhere. :)

I think it's more the sub-forums that need to go.

For instance, do we need one for YouTube videos? I mean, what is Ramble City but a repository of YouTube videos? :D

I'm using Google Chrome now - Great Rumbler - 7th March 2010

At most, we just need a dedicated THREAD for Youtube videos.

We used to have one. I made it so long ago that YouTube was new and not yet so popular.

http://www.tcforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4019