Tendo City
The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... (/showthread.php?tid=551)

Pages: 1 2

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Darunia - 19th April 2003

Many of you may sorely remember when I commissioned myself to draw a real map of Tendo City. Many of you remember that I nearly finished it before it disappeared from my room (never has been recovered.) Yet, if I've learned anything from roadrunner cartoons, it's to never give up afetr your first try, so I hereby recommission myself to draw a second one. 'Sides, now we had more people; more inside jokes to draw...

SO, once more, everyone tell me what kind of house you want; anything you want me to add...details or comments, etceteras.

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - alien space marine - 19th April 2003

What we need is some monkey butlers ,hot chicks in Bikinis.

Dont forget I get my own private ship.

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Great Rumbler - 19th April 2003

My house is a giant mansion in the middle of the city with a statue of me across the street.

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - A Black Falcon - 19th April 2003

Black Falcon's Fortress

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B24CF8424%2DCC98%2D11D6%2D802D%2D00065BA09B53%7D&OrderBy=0&CatID=%7B67FFA1A0%2DD925%2D4F9D%2DBD0A%2D95395D4ADF0D%7D
[Image: Box384x288us010039.jpg]
[Image: Set384x288us010039.jpg]

Quote:A classic LEGO Castle returns!
Black Falcon's Fortress is one of the most famous LEGO Castle sets – and now it's available again as part of the LEGO Legends series! Black Falcon's Fortress can be built how you like, as a closed castle or as a long wall with towers and drawbridge. Rounded castle wall pieces and “timber frame” wall pieces give it a unique look! First released in 1986, this reissue features two knights, two archers, two mounted knights, and two horses. Add this amazing set to your Castle collection!

Oh, and yes, I've had this set for many years.

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Dark Lord Neo - 19th April 2003

I want an ice fortress

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Sacred Jellybean - 19th April 2003

Wow... I remember those Lego still pictures that came with the piece sets... I remember, when I was young, they used to look so weird, like a surreal dream in which all the Legos were alive, living, thriving, prospering, frozen in their little Lego places doing whatever Legos did... damn...

I loved Legos... *nostalgia*

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - EdenMaster - 19th April 2003

Damn it all! I need to find a picture of an Eden Command Center now. I have one on my computer, but it's down now, so I'm using someone elses.

If I cannot find one before you put pencil to paper, make a BattleBots Battlebox, with nobody in the stands, to symbolize\ how I'm the only person here who gives a damn.

Don't forget DMillers No-Meat Legs!

Those pics are straight from lego.com... :)

I loved Legos too... I haven't bought any in a while, though. Mostly because they don't have a new Castle System group of sets... the only castlish (always my favorite kind of legos) ones are Harry Potter... not good. So the only ones that are any good are the Star Wars ones.

As a result, I haven't bought a lego set since '01... breaking my catalog collection. :(

You see, I have Lego catalogs (the bigger ones in the $15+ or so sets, not the posters) from 1984 and 1986 to 2001...

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - OB1 - 19th April 2003

Cool, Lego Legends series?! I have to buy some of those... ah... for my nephew! I passed down my gigantic lego box to him. I used to play legos all of the time with my younger brother.

What other classic lego sets are they bringing out?

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Dark Jaguar - 19th April 2003

I've got that cleft in dimensions located at 20x143x1x312x194 on the grid I gave you.

http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?Type=4&CatID={67FFA1A0-D925-4F9D-BD0A-95395D4ADF0D}

Lego Legends are only available from the online store.

And of them I already have the Pizza to Go, Guarded Inn, Black Falcon's Fortress, and Black Seas Barricuda from when I was younger. :)

Tendo City needs a Starbucks and a couple of themed restaurants.

And a lake for throwing people into

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?Type=4&CatID={67FFA1A0-D925-4F9D-BD0A-95395D4ADF0D}

Lego Legends are only available from the online store.

And of them I already have the Pizza to Go, Guarded Inn, Black Falcon's Fortress, and Black Seas Barricuda from when I was younger. :)

You link doesn't work, but I found it anyhow.

I used to have that cool pirate ship! Although mine was blue.

what we need is a bottomless pit, were we can hear them screaming as they fall for days.

Quote:Originally posted by alien space marine
what we need is a bottomless pit, were we can hear them screaming as they fall for days.

Yes!! And then we can throw Excel into it!!

If it was blue it wasn't that ship... it was one of the 'goodguy' ships that were smaller. Just 2 cannons in them, not 4 like that one...

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=*pirate&qn=40

it reminds me of a 33 year man addiction to legos, he repeatedly breaks into toy stores to steal them and then build things out of different sets he steals.

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Dark Lord Neo - 19th April 2003

The reason I don't get lego anymore is because they don't have pirates
My friends mail order cataloge has some of the ledgends things so you can mail order too.

But buying online is faster and easier...

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - alien space marine - 20th April 2003

Jet lee sucks, Sorry I know it doesnt relate to this thread ,but I just felt like saying it.:D

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Darunia - 20th April 2003

What does everyone want to look like? For some of us it's easy; I'll use Jellybeans and ABF's avatars, but some of you have no easily recognizable images. In that case, please attach pics here.

---Barry

Avril lavgine in a thong would be nice.

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - N-Man - 20th April 2003

I shall take on the form of this guy, bonus points to whoever knows who it actually is:

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Italian_Pyro - 20th April 2003

I will have my very own Car/Liquor/Insurance store(all in the same plaza). Mwahaha I will line my pockets with dirty money

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - EdenMaster - 20th April 2003

Here you go, slap this in my little corner of TC, that is, if it's not too difficult for you ;)

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - OB1 - 20th April 2003

Jet lee sucks, Sorry I know it doesnt relate to this thread ,but I just felt like saying it.:D

First of all it's Jet Li, bitch. And I'm positive that you've never seen any of his Hong Kong films so your opinion on him is worthless. His American movies suck just like 99.9999% of all Hollywood martial arts flicks, but his HK ones are the shiznit.

I also see that you have a Matrix avatar, which along with your Jet Li comment leads me to believe that you're one of those wannabe kung-fu fans who loves the Matrix, which that was directly inspired by Hong Kong movies (in particular, Jet Li's "Fist of Legend" and "Once Upon a Time in China"), had a Hong Kong fight choreographer work on it (Yuen Woo-Ping), and ripped off a bunch of anime as well (Ghost in the Shell, among many others). I also bet you think that Keanu Reeves is just really great at martial arts, right?

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Dark Lord Neo - 20th April 2003

I had Seifer from FFVIII as my avitar for a long time so just make me look like that.

actually I have seen some of his Hong kong movies, One in which he gets trained by a martial arts master with him and his freind. Later on his freind goes evil for some odd reason and the two end up fighting each other to the death.

His martial arts skills are good but his acting sucks. His american movies sucked really hard cock. "The one"! A very lame rip off of the matrix ,good fighting scenes overall poor plot and poor acting just like the rest of his movies.

Jackie chan has made some crappy movies too like the prisoner, but atleast his acting skills and humour always bring joy to me.
Rush hour is a classic , shanghai Noon and knights is orginal and very entertaining,His asian films, drunken master, Who AM I? Are excellent.Operation Condore 1-2 rocks!

Crouching tiger hidden dragon was also a great movie which thankfully waisnt ruined by jet Lee bratty bitch ass.

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Great Rumbler - 20th April 2003

Just use my avatar for what I look like.

I will have several Nintendo themed restaurant in TC and a Nintendo theme park!

Weltall selected what his house should look like, so it was the first thing I put into the map.

Total Completion As Of 4:43 EST PM, 4-20-2003: 5.75%.

Weltall's House:

My house:

*Sigh*

That'll be hard...and try to keep things at a 3D angle, similar to the cathedral...or else everything will be uneven and look fucked up.

Completion Status: 6.55%

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - A Black Falcon - 20th April 2003

Use a smaller version of that second picture I posted up there for mine.

[B]actually I have seen some of his Hong kong movies, One in which he gets trained by a martial arts master with him and his freind. Later on his freind goes evil for some odd reason and the two end up fighting each other to the death.

That's Tai Chi Master, but you probably saw the terribly butchered American edit titled Twin Warriors, where they took out half an hour from the movie, added in some really terrible dub, and changed the original great score. That was directed by Yuen Woo-Ping.

Quote:His martial arts skills are good but his acting sucks. His american movies sucked really hard cock. "The one"! A very lame rip off of the matrix ,good fighting scenes overall poor plot and poor acting just like the rest of his movies.

You should just quit while you're ahead. The man has proved to be a terrific screen actor in such movies as Once Upon A Time in China 1&2 and Hero, just to name a few, all of which you probably haven't seen. As I said before his American movies suck ass, but most of his HK ones are great. He has a terrific screen presence and a lot of charisma as well as gome great acting ability, which is something that Keanu "Action Figure" Reeves will never have. Keanu Reeves is one of the worst, most wooden actors of our generation, and he can't even do the action part right.

Quote:Jackie chan has made some crappy movies too like the prisoner, but atleast his acting skills and humour always bring joy to me.
Rush hour is a classic , shanghai Noon and knights is orginal and very entertaining,His asian films, drunken master, Who AM I? Are excellent.Operation Condore 1-2 rocks!

You've got to be kidding me! Rush Hour is a classic?? What is wrong with you??! The only good American movie Jackie has made is Shanghai Knights. Jackie Chan is the greatest and almost all of his HK movies are fantastic but I bet you've only seen the crappy dubbed, edited versions that shitty studios like Miramax and Columbia have released here.

Quote:Crouching tiger hidden dragon was also a great movie which thankfully waisnt ruined by jet Lee bratty bitch ass.

Crouching Tiger was alright, but it was hurt by the ever-annoying Zhang Ziyi. Hero--which my avatar is from--is one of Jet's best movies and he absolutely shines in it. You might be able to see when its released in theaters in the fall. Miramax should have released it last winter, but those people are completely incompetent when it comes to releasing foreign films in the U.S. The movie even got nominated for the Best Foreign Film Oscar this past Academy Awards but Miramax was too stupid to cash in on the Oscar hype.

Let me give you some advice before you make another move, ASM. You don't know anything about Hong Kong cinema and you're obviously talking out of your ass, so don't even try to respond to any of my comments. You'll only show more of your ignorance towards this subject.

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
*Sigh*

That'll be hard...and try to keep things at a 3D angle, similar to the cathedral...or else everything will be uneven and look fucked up.

Completion Status: [B] 6.55%
[/B]

It's hard to find pics like that.

I know TC is all about off-topic, but why not move the whole Jet-Li thing to Debate and keep stuff related to the map here?

Will my Command Center be all right to put in, Darunia?

Because it's pretty much over. ASM is only making a fool of himself.

This is TendoCity, arguments never end. Great Rumblers even made a thread for you two. Now, if you have nothing to contribute the map project then get going, shoo.

It never ends if there are two people arguing over something that both people know something about, but in this case ASM is completely ignorant.

And what's this whole map thing about?

Have you not read a single non-Jet Li post in this thread :D.

Darunias making a map of what TendoCity would look like if it were an actual place, and is asking people to contribute what they want in it.

Oh I also wanna own some Loan Shark places and stuff

Heres my house

Quote:Originally posted by N-Man
I shall take on the form of this guy, bonus points to whoever knows who it actually is:

a retard of some sort or another? Or some guy who put gum in his hair, I dunno.

It seems like an extremely bad pic of Crono(it better not be)

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - N-Man - 20th April 2003

Quote:a retard of some sort or another?

obviously, be more specific

Quote:Or some guy who put gum in his hair, I dunno.

no

Quote:It seems like an extremely bad pic of Crono(it better not be)

no

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - A Black Falcon - 20th April 2003

Uh... that isn't Nester, is it?

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - N-Man - 21st April 2003

Oh yes, yes indeed it is. *gives star to ABF* Bounce

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Weltall - 21st April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by N-Man

He's the Funky Bowler.

I named the only game he ever starred in. I get a star too. :bummed:

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - Darunia - 21st April 2003

EM, ur thing should be alright, I think.
I'm drawing my own castle right now...not quite half done with it. Total completion: 8.25% :

The NEW Real Map of TendoCity... - alien space marine - 21st April 2003

is that from 1602 ad new worlds?
if so can you make your own country and name it yourself?