Tendo City
PD Arcade looks great - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: PD Arcade looks great (/showthread.php?tid=5461)

PD Arcade looks great - Dark Jaguar - 7th December 2009

http://kotaku.com/5420633/perfect-dark-xbla-+-before-and-after/gallery/

Wow. I wasn't expecting this. Very nice upgrade. I'm now wondering if they added lip movement to the characters when they talk.

I also wonder if they went ahead and finished up the lost "camera" feature using the XBox camera. I figure that Miyamoto's face will be missing, so the first thing I'd do with the camera is put it right back in there... though maybe a different expression... Eek

PD Arcade looks great - lazyfatbum - 7th December 2009

My asshole just sucked up about 2 cubic feet of my office chair.

Damn. I really, really need a N64 controller for 360. Or should I say ...364...! *flails arms*

PD Arcade looks great - Dark Jaguar - 12th February 2010

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/12/x10-a-perfect-storm-of-perfect-dark-media/

Here's a video. About the only thing I don't like is, for all the improvements they made visually, everyone still talks like a Power Ranger via head bobbing and no lip movement. Even if they didn't want to actually model the head for opening a mouth, they could easily put in animated textures on the face for talking. I've seen older games that do that and it looks fine for what it does.

All said, I'm still getting it. Unlike the two Banjo ports, they KEPT the fun logo transformation. Kinda sad that the big "N" walking around in the two Banjo games was simply cut out entirely when they could easily fit in either another logo or even something from in the game to fill that role.

8 player max instead of 4? Great! Of course 16 players would be better :D. Counter-op and co-op also playable online! Also, apparently they are planning on some extra levels and other content down the line.

PD Arcade looks great - lazyfatbum - 13th February 2010

Wow, impressive. Did you notice the Goldeneye guns and Goldeneye deathmatch levels are there?

8 Human Players + 8 bots = 16 How strange that they dont allow the humans to fill up those bot spots... but that should be an easy patch to release.

I have questions though, specifically if slow-mo is on during a deathmatch, and i'm killed, is my kill screen to spawn screen wait time going to take over 9000 years? Also, can we put Boost and Revert on a quick button, so we can enter and exit slow-mo quickly?

Can I please, PLEASE throw a laptop gun on to a human or bot player? PLEASE?

Play as a Skedar. Someone made this happen, yes? (control is normal, fast as mr. blond but turns as fast as jo, has higher accuracy with automatics (acts as if always knealing) but large head means headshots are a problem, so you get a swift char with great attributes but is easy to kill.

Quick buttons for:

- IR Goggles (see cloaked enemies, items/weapons glow, hidden walls/doors glow, cannot see in total darkness)
- X-Ray goggles (please add the skeletons! cannot see cloaked enemies but can look through walls/floors and see hidden walls/doors (do not glow), items/weapons glow, can see in total darkness but only 30 feet in front of you)
- Night Vision (cannot see cloaked enemies, items/weapons glow, can see in total darkness - added bonus, use automatic muzzle flare during fire to overload the enemies night vision)

During deathmatch, the Farsight is going to be the bane of all who play.A decent player can get 20 kills before he's taken down. Add a feature to the farsight: When you use the Farsight's scope and use auto-tracking, it will immediately pinpoint the location of someone who is also using a farsight in scope mode. In other words, in a battle where farsights are available, if I picked one up and used the scope on autotrack, normally it would slowly search for a target. But if someone else is using a farsight's scope, it pops up in a flash to allow a player to kill a farsight user immediately. If the user isn't using the scope, it will not snap to them, but if they are, immediate tracking.

Go up ladders backwards?

Vehicles during deathmatch for large levels?

Deathmatch on any solo level (air force one!)? This was going to be included but was pulled because of frame rate issues, are all the 'because of frame rate issues' ideas going to be re-implemented? Will all my button combos still work for selecting a weapon, firing on secondary and switch back one to throw a grenade and forward twice to get to my automatic?

Are the quick-menus in place for giving orders to simulants? Is the briefcase glitch fixed so it doesnt become a cats game?

I'm so excited!!!!!! the multiplayer for this game is so fun its retarded, my nephew's pretty stoked too as he was playing this with me back in 2001 until... well, 3 weeks ago when the N64 died. :P PDZ was such a disappointment for me but this is exactly what it should have been.

Hopefully MS will get wise and release the ability to use the camera for it and/or a face editor.

PD Arcade looks great - Dark Jaguar - 13th February 2010

Briefcase glitch?

Anyway, the goldeneye guns were in the original, in the form of a cheat. Also, remember 3 Goldeneye levels were already in PD.

Oh, here's something you'll like. They have said the original control scheme will be left in the game. I imagine that means you'll be using the ABXY buttons as a direction pad, or the actual direction pad plus the right stick. The N64 AB buttons can easily be mapped to the right and left "bumper" buttons. Of course, they are also putting in some new alternate control schemes, "Heavenly" and "Duty Calls", which are based on rather obvious franchises.

Adding in all the features that got scrapped would be awesome. Heck, if we're adding Skedar, let's get really crazy and add in Avatar support :D.

PD Arcade looks great - lazyfatbum - 15th February 2010

You mean those bizarre Xbox Miis or the James Cameron Battle-Smurfs? Either way i'd be interested.

But the real issue is going to be getting a N64 controller on the 360. There has to be a way, even its a USB N64 mock-up used for PC.

The briefcase glitch is when playing any round using briefcases in some manor happens when the sims actually hide it, causing it to glitch out of bounds thus causing a cats game. It doesnt happen often but when it does you have to end the game. In my experience with it, they will hide it usually when you're beating the pants off them but i've had some games where they get one point higher than you, then the glitch happens.

I remember reading that they were going to allow you to push people out of the windows, furniture too. That would be great to see. The ability to actually block doors with furniture in PD was something I wish they spent more time on, designing the levels specifically to allow you to horde yourself up.

Its going to be such a bitch to get all the cheats again. Especially for unlocking the buddies.