Tendo City
Ten years - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Ten years (/showthread.php?tid=5358)

Ten years - Weltall - 23rd August 2009

The ONSP Guestbook
The Official Nintendo Sucks Page
GayStation

I forgot about it, mostly because the ONSP hasn't been relevant since Clinton was in office, but the 13th marked the site's tenth birthday. Not that the site itself matters, but I met a fair number of you because of it, and I suppose that's something worth a little e-celebration.http://www.tcforums.com/guestbook.htm

Ten years - alien space marine - 23rd August 2009

Ten years ,wow!

Ten years - Fittisize - 23rd August 2009

Happy 10th birthday, Tendo City! Come December I will be celebrating my tenth year as a member of this community, and in the upcoming months so too will a lot of other members. I can't think of many other forums which have been active since the 90s (or websites in general, for that matter) so I do think reaching the decade mark is significant. Thanks to Tendo City, I have 2 more Facebook friends than I would have had otherwise.

Ten years - DMiller - 24th August 2009

You're also in an awesome fantasy baseball league. I can't believe this place has been around for 10 years. That's a decade in internet terms. :)

Ten years - A Black Falcon - 24th August 2009

No, it's not TC that's ten, it's Weltall's old first site. I forget exactly when TC was founded... it was sometime in 1999 though. And yeah, most of us joined in late 1999-early 2000 or so, I think... so yeah, it is almost the tenth anniversary. :)

Ten years - alien space marine - 24th August 2009

I wonder what happened to Boris Grisjenko and MFBC?

Quote:# Nintendo products are more durable and Nintendo tests durability by dropping products off their roof and seeing what happens.MFBC~

More durable? N64 controllers are cheap 3 pronged flimsy plastic dildos!Weltall~

[Image: N64_controller.png]

Ten years - Weltall - 24th August 2009

Actually, I'm pretty sure Tendo City and my old website came into being at roughly the same point. Weeks apart, and no more.

Thing is, I don't know the exact date for TC.

Ten years - Fittisize - 24th August 2009

DMiller Wrote:You're also in an awesome fantasy baseball league.

Indeed I am, which is the best and also most frustrating benefit of being a Tendor. I also think the additions of two more Canadians made the league even more awesome. We bring the heat.

Quote:Actually, I'm pretty sure Tendo City and my old website came into being at roughly the same point. Weeks apart, and no more.

Thing is, I don't know the exact date for TC.

According to the Members List, the first registered memeber of TC (big guy) joined on September 3, 1999. I think because of the many different forum changes we've had, that's probably not the official first day of TC (in fact the join date of most veteran members who were around before this iteration is probably at least a couple days off), but I'm pretty sure the original site was created sometime in September 1999.

Ten years - etoven - 24th August 2009

[MOVIE]http://www.tcforums.com/etoven/BDAYTC.flv[/MOVIE]

Ten years - lazyfatbum - 24th August 2009

hahahahaha oh god I have a picture of a girl who has a N64 controller in her vag and ass simultaneously and the third prong is slightly melted, I dunno, probably some long involved story or it was used as a bong but holy shit, its a Masturbation Trident.

Ten years - lazyfatbum - 24th August 2009

Oh and yay happy 10th *confetti*

Lick your Playstation jack ass. Lick it good

Ten years - Fittisize - 25th August 2009

lazyfatbum Wrote:hahahahaha oh god I have a picture of a girl who has a N64 controller in her vag and ass simultaneously and the third prong is slightly melted, I dunno, probably some long involved story or it was used as a bong but holy shit, its a Masturbation Trident.

this is a must-see picture, seriously

Ten years - lazyfatbum - 25th August 2009

well it's on my mac so i'll see if i can grab it

there's one of a girl doing a nintendo zapper too and of course the wiimotes. I wonder if anyone ever did a super scope

Ten years - alien space marine - 25th August 2009

Be cool if we had a tendocity super mario mod

Ten years - Geno - 26th August 2009

Funny as I was just looking over the old ONSP guestbook the other day. I used to cringe whenever I'd read my old posts, but now... it's just too damn funny! I've thought about putting together a list of the greatest quotes from the ONSP. Here's one of my favorites from an exchange between eXistenZe and myself:

eXistenZe: When you get right down to it, the N64 is N-ferior to everything.
Geno: Your mama!

Yes, that's right. Your mama. It was the epitome of comebacks, a retaliation so great, that eXistenZe, in his embarassment, committed suicide by hanging himself with his Playstation controller. Farewell, eXistenZe. Flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. (198?-1999) *insert Titanic music here*

Nostalgia Critic ripoffs aside, here are some other quotes from myself that I love. If you think I'm arrogant for quoting myself so much right now... wait'll you get a load of how arrogant I was ten years ago!

Geno: I'm a super genius, everyone I know thinks that, except you! Liking PSX better than N64 doesn't make you smarter, idiot!

I have to go to class now, but at some point, I'd really like to compile a scrapbook of quotes like these from all the major participants. Or do you already have such a thing, Weltall? If so, I'd like to see it sometime. :D

For the curious. Etoven will be able to see how some of us met and how much animosity there was between some of us at the start.

Ten years - Weltall - 26th August 2009

I don't have a list, but that would be awesome. Suffice it to say, if you were on one side, you hated everyone who wasn't, and badly. It's almost scary looking back at this, because we all took that shit very seriously. There was absolutely nothing that we would not use against each other.

It's almost as if we were in politician school.

I often wonder what happened to some of the guys. I kept up with the likes of Boris Grisjenko, bountyhunter, SieFeR^, and eXisTenZe for a while after we dispersed, but it's been at least five years since I've heard anything from any of them. I found the former MFBC Leader on Facebook, at least. Does anyone still keep in touch with those old veterans?

Oh yeah, I still keep in daily contact with my ol' pal Bahamut. :D

I was wondering what happened to the lot of them as well. I think the last time I heard from them was around 2002, 2003-ish. The only ones I still keep in touch with are you and EdenMaster, and only when I post on this board (and also Darunia when he and I are both here). I think I used to have EdenMaster on MSN Messenger and Darunia on AIM, but I don't use AIM much anymore, and I have a different account on MSN.

Ten years - alien space marine - 26th August 2009

Why don't you invite MFBC or whatever his real name is over here, I'd like to know if he is still beating up Nintendo products to test their durability?LOL!

Ryan, Say hi to Bahamut next time you see him in your bathroom mirror Winky

Geno/Squall Was right all along, Just play and enjoy all the consoles and shut the fuck up.

N64 was a awesome machine with a memorable library, All it needed was a CD addon like the Sega Genesis did,It would have probably buried the PSX. Unfortunately Nintendo did not have the foresight to do that early on after launch in 97-98.

The Sega CD was a flop. Rather than a CD add-on, Nintendo and Sega just needed to make CD-based systems altogether (despite how valiantly I once fought against the conversion to CDs back in the day), which they eventually did with the Dreamcast and the Dolphin--er, I mean Gamecube.

I forgot that Weltall was Bahamut. In fact, I forgot about Bahamut period. Weren't you also ANT Badass? I, too, went by multiple aliases, including Da' Bomb (my so-called brother) and segahater (who, as Seifer^ put it, was like Ralph from The Simpsons). EdenMaster also had an alter-ego by the name of Crash Bandicoot. And yeah, like ASM said, tell MFBC Leader to get his Mew-molesting ass over here! :D

I extended to him an invitation.

Ten years - themta - 26th August 2009

Hello to all my former enemies and allies,

I am the one who was known as MFBC Leader, aka double agent Jack Lason. Now I go by either Matt or on the internet, TheMTA (I suppose I just like to use initials).

So 10 years ago, huh? That's pretty crazy, I had actually forgotten about this whole thing until Weltall friended me on Facebook, likely because I was only 14 when this thing all started. For the record, I own a Wii and I actually still have my N64 hooked up to my now HD TV (which just lets you know how great the graphics really were). I work as a web developer for a marketing company based in Boston, MA.

I also run my own, non-videogame-based, website at http://www.themta.com where I am making an attempt to enter the entertainment industry as a hobby.

What are you all up to these days?

Ten years - themta - 26th August 2009

hah, is "MFBC Leader" an banned term here? I tried making it my title but it starred out the Leader part.

Apparently, there's a security measure that disallowed words like 'administrator', 'moderator', and 'leader', from being used in custom titles. I knew it was there, but so far, no one had ever tripped that particular little switch.

I came to this site while we were still doing our 'console war' thing because one of the members here found my site and included the link when flaming me. I followed it. Eventually, I softened my stance. I even got an N64 eventually, after winning Ocarina of Time in a monthly contest. I took over the site in 2001 when the original owner opted not to continue and ran it until '07 when I gave it to etoven. I ended up getting a GameCube (and loved it). I haven't really been more than a background participant around here since around 2006 or so.

These days, I am pretty much without any real bias as far as console manufacturers are concerned and, if anything, I was most critical of the PS3 and all its many follies. I still don't think there's much reason to own one, though I currently own none of the current-gen machines. I play my DS more than my PSP.

Thanks for stopping in, Matt.

Ten years - alien space marine - 26th August 2009

Is that really MFBC?

If so, Why the fuck did nobody invite him over here sooner?

Hey Matt, Good to see you again its your old nemesis Odin~

Hello, old ally/opponent/person-to-whom-I-was-fairly-indifferent! (Referring to all my phases as an N64er, a PSXer, and a neutral party... though to be fair, the whole "PSXer" thing started with me being a spy). Nice of you to drop in after all this time. :)

My life since the ONSP? Well, let's see: I took up an interest in writing and would eventually like to publish a story of some sort. I don't know, I haven't been writing as much lately since I'm usually pretty busy. I'm in college and I graduate in December. I major in English and intend to pursue a career as an editor, though I'd still like to be a writer on the side. I have a girlfriend named Ashley whom I intend to marry once I am able to support myself. I currently work at a grocery store. Oh, and by the way, my name is Jason. Yeah, I think I forgot to mention that.

Regarding my stance on consoles nowadays, I'm still pretty much a Nintendo fanboy, but I'm also a huge Final Fantasy fanboy. I certainly have nothing against the other consoles, but I haven't played near as many PSX/PS2 games as I have N64/Gamecube/Wii games. I don't own a PS3 and probably won't for a long time. I've never owned any Microsoft system and therefore have limited knowledge of their game library. I do not own a PSP, but I do own a DS. If I were to buy another system right now, it would probably be an XBox 360 just because I never owned the original system. I'm pretty content with my Nintendo consoles for right now though. Should I acquire the time and the money, I'm up for giving the other systems a fairer chance.

If you'd like to become Facebook friends, my full name is Jason Shifferd and I live in Montgomery, AL. Weltall/Ryan is among my Facebook friends.

Ten years - EdenMaster - 26th August 2009

My comrade-in-arms with the 10-ton signatures, welcome :D

Yes, we still seem to linger around this City of Tendo for reasons unclear. Every so often I look back at some of my posting on the ONSP and realize...goddamn I was dumb. Like, really, alarmingly dumb. Fortunately, I was in good company in that respect :D

Ten years - Geno - 27th August 2009

^What's sad is that you were considered to be one of the smartest participants in the flamewar. You were a genius among idiots. :)

Ahh, the days when we would constantly try to find new ways to twist people's names around to create insults. And of course, everyone on our side was a super genius while everyone on the opposing side was so idiotic, they shouldn't have been able to breathe, let alone use a computer. Man, we really took that shit seriously back in those days. In fact, in my very first post there, I threatened to send Weltall a virus (an empty threat as I was and still am incapable of creating viruses) for insulting Zelda. How dare you say anything bad about a game I like! Mad

I like to play a little game with the posts I made called "Spot the Period!" I've noticed that almost every sentence I posted there ended in an exclamation point. If it was a question, it'd often end with both a question mark and an exclamation point. Occasionally, questions would just end with a question mark. However, very rarely did I ever write a sentence ending in just a plain old period. See how many sentences I wrote that end in periods you can find! It actually gives me a headache to read those posts because I mentally hear myself shouting every time I end a sentence with an exclamation point.

Ten years - Weltall - 27th August 2009

Oh, the real beauty of the situation is that the PSXers were (ostensibly) several years older, on average, than the N64ers, yet we all acted like we were 8.

If I had the time to compile all the best ones . . . whee!

I still have more from the ONSP era besides the guestbook. I still have transcripts of the old AIM battles we used to have, plus remnants of CypherStation's first message board.

Ten years - Geno - 27th August 2009

I think the Cypherstation EZBoard is still lying around somewhere. It was briefly resurrected in 2003 until a certain incident that I won't get into occured and it's been dead since then. Sadly, most of the posts were lost in that unmentionable incident.

I remember an incident taking place, but for the life of me, I can't remember a single detail regarding said incident.

Ten years - alien space marine - 27th August 2009

:o :bang:

http://fenixthedemonic.proboards.com/index.cgi

A new cypherstation

by the two cyber-bullies whose venomous personal attacks resulted in me being momentarily possessed by the demon of rage, Whom I now forgive and ask to be forgiven.

http://www.psx2central.com/forums/index.php

Sure, I guess. Even if you didn't do it, eZboard would have killed it off by now. They don't keep their inactive boards around.

I just thought it was humorous to see this Fenix character say "hope the new battles are as bloody as the old". He wasn't around in those early times, when we all really hated the fuck out each other. By the time CypherStation came about, we treated the whole affair as a kind of gentleman's game, so to speak. Hell, I would collaborate with the N64 leader, whoever it happened to be at any given time, in order to make both sites more attractive and recruit new people.

In the ONSP/GayStation days, that kind of shit would have never, ever happened. As silly as we all acted, those days were the most fun. I would always head straight to the library at school each morning eager to see what new developments had taken place. The sites were updated almost daily because of the competitive factor (and MFBC was right: the ONSP was pretty fugly).

Cypherstation was never really more than a self-parody of the original war, though it did indeed have its moments. I remember the Rogue Warrior time at the end of 2001, when the entire remaining group took on aliases and gang-raped poor Darunia. Good times.

That was basically the end of it for me. By that point, I had Tendo City to take care of, and the old console war ethos pretty much died a slow death from that point on.

Ten years - EdenMaster - 27th August 2009

Geno Wrote:^What's sad is that you were considered to be one of the smartest participants in the flamewar. You were a genius among idiots. :)

Nah, I think I was just the more well-spoken of the group at the time. I was clearly an absolute moron and had no business being there as I had no idea what I was talking about Lol

It was fun though.

And here we are 10 years later. With a Nintendo website started by Weltall still around, and my all-time favorite game being PS2 exclusive (FFX).

How times change.

Ten years - Geno - 28th August 2009

^My favorite game is FF7, a PSX-exclusive... well, not really because it's also on PC, but it's certainly not a Nintendo game.

And yeah, none of us was really intelligent and I think that's what made it so damn fun. We tried really hard to capture the "fun" factor of the old war on Cyphersation but still keep it civil since we had pretty much grown out of insulting other people for having different tastes in video games, but in losing that rage, we also lost interest in the war itself. Then we discovered politics. :) But even there, we grew out of the political polarity (something few people do, usually the uneducated) and learned to debate history and current events in a fairly civil manner as well.

Whether we were friends or enemies ten years ago, the ONSP brought many of us together, so here's to ten years! :D

Ten years - Weltall - 29th August 2009

Final Fantasy VII? The very stick with which I so often beat at you guys?

. . . does this mean I won? =D

Ten years - EdenMaster - 29th August 2009

Weltall Wrote:Final Fantasy VII? The very stick with which I so often beat at you guys?

No, because OoT is one of your favorite games. I seem to recall you doing, or at least wanting to do, a three-heart challenge.

Ten years - Weltall - 29th August 2009

It is a favorite. However, the favorite game is the same now as it was then: Xenogears. :D

Also, I did the shit out of the three-heart challenge several times, original and Master Quest both.

Ten years - Geno - 29th August 2009

Weltall Wrote:Final Fantasy VII? The very stick with which I so often beat at you guys?

No, because I'm actually a PSXer spy!

...and now I'm neutral!

And now I'm an N64er again!

Now I'm a PSXer, except for real this time!

...PSYCH! I'm a spy again! I'm off to make a hidden victory page identical to the one on your site!

But yeah, I will give you credit: you guys did convince me to give some Playstation games a try, and they became some of my favorite games of all time. I didn't start hating Nintendo as a result. Zelda still has a place in my heart.

Ten years - A Black Falcon - 29th August 2009

PC > consoles. :)

STFU! :cuss:

Actually, I know as much about PC gaming now as I did about PSX gaming ten years ago, so I'm in no position to argue with you. Not that that stopped me back then. :)

Ten years - A Black Falcon - 29th August 2009

PC gaming was better ten years ago than it is now, sadly. Ten years ago it was by far the best... but now consoles are much closer, and many genres have died or nearly faded out as PC games have focused more and more on just a couple kinds of games. Still, they are the best. :)

... I never posted at ONSP or whatever though, of course, so I wouldn't have been arguing with you about it there. But I probably was with someone or other on TC, I'm sure... along with saying things like how no, DK64 actually WAS a great game, etc. But in the first year or two my post count was just a few hundred, I didn't start seriously posting here a lot for a while...

I meant that I would argue with other people on the ONSP ten years ago, not with you. I didn't meet you until I joined TC in 2003.

I actually kind of liked DK64 as well, though I haven't really been able to replay it. I might try again someday though. It really wasn't a bad game; flawed, sure, but it doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets.

Ten years - Weltall - 30th August 2009

PC gaming is (or, at least used to be) a totally different beast from console gaming. They're starting to homogenize now. I don't think it's a bad thing, really, and definitely a benefit for the consoles.

Now, if only the consoles would become more like PCs: customizable and open-ended. I hate the fact that I need to buy three different machines to play three different games in some cases.

Ten years - alien space marine - 30th August 2009

The scary thing is I went to best buy recently and the cut back their shelf space for pc games, Which is worrisome.

PC gaming will always survive, Its just seems that the consoles have stolen its thunder and marginalized it.

In the past,The PC was the only platform that enabled online play, Now you got Xboxlive, Sony , Nintendo going online. The PC always was ahead of the consoles graphically, Ever since the 6th generation of consoles they've now reached parity.

Ten years - Geno - 30th August 2009

Weltall Wrote:PC gaming is (or, at least used to be) a totally different beast from console gaming. They're starting to homogenize now. I don't think it's a bad thing, really, and definitely a benefit for the consoles.

Now, if only the consoles would become more like PCs: customizable and open-ended. I hate the fact that I need to buy three different machines to play three different games in some cases.
I've also found the idea of separate consoles to be bullshit as well. Above all, it's inconvenient to gamers who want to play games for all three consoles. In addition to that, though, I can't help but think that companies would profit more by not having separate consoles, instead developing for one universal console. It would cut manufacturing costs on the consoles themselves and it'd open all three libraries up to a more diverse audience as few people can afford all three systems.

Imagine if DVD companies did the same thing. To watch DVDs from 20th Century Fox, you'd need a Fox DVD player. To watch DVDs from Paramount, you'd need a Viacom DVD player. To watch DVDs from Warner Bros., you'd need a Time Warner DVD player. To watch DVDs from Disney, you'd need a Disney DVD player. Etc. We don't have to put up with that kind of bullshit with DVDs because all Region 1 DVDs will play on all Region 1 DVD players. Why must video games be different?

/rant