Tendo City
RE0 for the PS2? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: RE0 for the PS2? (/showthread.php?tid=532)

Pages: 1 2

RE0 for the PS2? - OB1 - 16th April 2003

From Games Are Fun:

Quote:Resident Evil 0 on PS2?
Japanese publication GameLabo reports in its Rumor Column this month that Capcom wants to publish Resident Evil 0 on the PlayStation 2 this Autumn. This decision was motivated by poor sales for the title on Nintendo's GameCube. Now, before you begin to speculate about the validity to GameLabo's comments because of an exclusivity agreement, realize that RE's GC-only status is for a limited amount of time. This is a rumor, as of now, but GameLabo has been consistently correct with speculation in the past.
Source: GameLabo/GameFront

Posted by Soul4ger on 4.16.2003

Wow, not good news, huh? I wonder if RE4 is going to be exclusive after all.

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 16th April 2003

Dear god they'd better not...how can they do that? If they do their word won't be worth shit.

I don't think they care too much about their word when the game sells so poorly.

Well just how badly did it sell!?

Bad enough.

RE0 for the PS2? - A Black Falcon - 16th April 2003

Not surprising in the least if it happens.

RE0 for the PS2? - Dark Jaguar - 16th April 2003

Well it's merely a rumor so far, and a Japanese rumor at that. Remember, this is the nation (oh wait, Korea, but same region) that thinks sleeping with a fan on at night will kill you!

Um... what does that have to do with anything? And in Slovenia they think driving in the car with the windows open is unhealthy (even without aircon in summer)... so?0

It makes a lot of sense when you look at sales...

RE0 for the PS2? - Great Rumbler - 16th April 2003

Didn't Capcom say about two weeks ago that RE0 was going to remain GC exclusive?

And of course us stupid Americans, thinking you have to wait a half hour before swimming.

I know it COULD happen, I'm just saying that that particular article was merely a rumor, not true confirmation.

True. But I'd say that poor sales can defeat the best of intentions...

And of course us stupid Americans, thinking you have to wait a half hour before swimming.

Buh; that's an old wive's tale. I don't believe that; never did...I would hope you didnt'.

I don't care how bad sales are (no one has been able to show me any statistics here yet), I think they should honor their committment. Make RE5 or there on for PS2 (as well as GC), but why RE0...? That's just wrong.

That's why I said it was stupid. Many parents actually DO believe that myth.

RE0 for the PS2? - Private Hudson - 16th April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
Dear god they'd better not...how can they do that? If they do their word won't be worth shit.

Capcom's word has never meant anything, they've done this many times in the past.

Anyways, good news. The game wasn't exactly setting the GCN world ablaze anyways, at least now more people get the opportunity to play it. :)

Good news? Only for non-Nintendo fans like you... :)

RE0 for the PS2? - EdenMaster - 16th April 2003

Capcom has a contract with Nintendo, as you know, that they will produce their Resident Evil games with storylines exclusively on the GameCube. If Capcom breaks that contract, can't Nintendo file suit or something? I don't know much about how it would work.

RE0 for the PS2? - Private Hudson - 16th April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Good news? Only for non-Nintendo fans like you... :)

I don't see how it's bad for Nintendo fanboys.

Nintendo have pretty much benefitted all they will from the game. It's hardly selling systems, and the games' sales itself aren't that great. So who loses? Not Nintendo - it's already made it's (small) impact, not the GameCube only owners, because they have access to it. Certainly not the PS2 only owners, because they now have access to the game. Not Capcom, because they'll get to make more money off yet another shoddy port to the PS2.

And for the last time, nothing would please me more than to see Nintendo leading the industry again.

That's true. Nintendo fans are always complaining about the lack of third-party support but when it finally comes a lot of us don't buy the damn games.

Yeah... but I have no interest in RE...

Huh, I could have sworn that I didn't press the submit reply button...

What I was going to say right after that is that loyal Nintendo fans are fewer in number than casual gamers, so even if every "hardcore" (I hate that terms as much as you do but it's appropriate) Nintendo fan were to buy the RE GC games the sales would still be bad.

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 17th April 2003

Well RE0 is a pretty cool game; most people just think that they're above it because it's only Resident Evil. How can it be selling that bad; it's one of the buy-a-Cube-get-a-game games! Maybe this is STILL just a rumor...

RE0 for the PS2? - Weltall - 17th April 2003

*hugs both copies of Silent Hill 2 and tells them they're better than RE0*

When they come to GC that can be proven. Until then your claims are baseless. Whats Silent Hill about anyway; zombies...? Monsters? What.

RE0 for the PS2? - EdenMaster - 17th April 2003

It's just something Weltalls in love with for the time being.

...no not his signature...

RE0 for the PS2? - Private Hudson - 17th April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
When they come to GC that can be proven. Until then your claims are baseless. Whats Silent Hill about anyway; zombies...? Monsters? What.

Wait 'til it's on GC?

RE0 for the PS2? - OB1 - 17th April 2003

Just back away, turn around, and run.

Sarcasm, Hudson. Knowing full well that it'll never happened I implied that Weltall can't prove his point.

Suck my ass OB1.

Am I being propositioned by Darunia?

Sorry bubba, too much body hair.

You're about to be defenestrated by Darunia, assmonger.

Chuckle

I don't know if you can lift me up, though.

Dude, look at my avatar...I can lift anything. I'm jacked.

Um... Erm

;)

That's right.

:stupid:

*Defenestrates OB1*

I'm willing to bet you had to look up that word.

Erm

RE0 for the PS2? - A Black Falcon - 17th April 2003

Does that mean yes or no, OB1? (by the way I do know what that word means...)

Well shyeah. It's kind of funny that they made up a word for throwing people out of the window.

I'd hope you would... and yes it is an odd word...

No I mean that I did have to look it up. I had an inkling as to what it meant but wasn't 100% sure. I haven't heard anyone use that word in a long time.

Oh, you did... I misunderstood you. Well I did know what it meant. :)

It sounds like it means something worse than just throwing someone out a window... but it doesn't.

FenĂȘtre = window in French and similar cognates exist in other Romantic languages. A general understanding of any Romance language should tip one off that defenestrate has something to do with a window.

The day I learn the language of those smelly, frog-eating Frenchmen is the day I move to Quebec. It's not going to happen anytime soon.

Hmm, an arbitrary left-field opportunity to bash France...another OB1 class act.

It's in ALL Romance languages...Latin, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and whatever other variations there are.

RE0 for the PS2? - Private Hudson - 17th April 2003

Arabic?

Quote:Hmm, an arbitrary left-field opportunity to bash France...another OB1 class act.

You act as if I do that on a regular basis. I rarely ever bash the French. And it was intended as a joke.

BTW I speak a Slavic language.

How does Arabic come into this, Hudson? OB1, that's super that you speak a slavic language. Ya torzea gavraiyu pa rooskie. And it wasn't a very funny joke. You want to hear a funny joke?

HITLER: My dog has no nose.
NAZIS: Really? How does it smell?
HITLER: Awful!

:p

RE0 for the PS2? - EdenMaster - 17th April 2003

That's not funny. Funny is getting hit in the face with a pie. That's funny.

Ten points to whoever can name the game that's from!

Fifteen to whomesoever first names the MOVIE/show my joke was from!!

I speak a slavic language because I lived in a slavic country for four years.