Tendo City
Shiantology - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Shiantology (/showthread.php?tid=5297)

Shiantology - alien space marine - 13th June 2009

http://shiantology.com/about/

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KO7vZFEx44s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KO7vZFEx44s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shiantology - Geno - 13th June 2009

... Explode

Shiantology - lazyfatbum - 15th June 2009

Fucking died when 'Evenstevens' flashed on the screen. When I watched Transformers I couldn't comprehend why he's even in the film, I think it's because he offers that nonsexual appeal like Kermit but then why not actually get some hot dude in the movie for the ladies or maybe an ugly one that can act so the men aren't counting the seconds between seeing the fucking robots and yeah, bet your fucking ass I have Ackroyd's crystal skull vodka and it tastes like shit, but throw in a match and point a laser pointer at it and OMG... it was like some tales from the darkside magic 8ball where the only answer it gave was a vision of your death.

Shiantology - Sacred Jellybean - 17th June 2009

Very funny youtube clip. I was expecting a "No no no, no NO! NONONON NOOO Nonono!" joke, but at least it poked fun at him screaming a lot.

I can't understand why he's a movie star either, he has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen. It's probably Even Stevens that killed it. I never really watched that show, but I guess he was obnoxious enough as a kid that just seeing ads ruined him forever for me.

I know most people hated it, but I thought he was good in Indy 4 (good, as in not distracting, I don't think he could actually be good good). And yes, that Dan Akroyd joke was awesome. :D I love batshit celebrities.

Shiantology - A Black Falcon - 17th June 2009

Yeah, funny, and it is a good question... why IS he a movie star anyway, getting so many huge films? Why knows... (maybe Steven Spielburg?) :)

Anyway, he wasn't very good in Transformers, but none of the humans were, so that's not that bad. He was good in Indy 4, though, for sure. I liked the movie quite a bit, and he was definitely good in it. But still, this was funny. :)

Shiantology - lazyfatbum - 18th June 2009

Indy 4 = Terminator 3

"It's just like the other films, only again!" But yeah aliens, oh no i'm sorry, no "transdimensional beings". That movie stuck a live Hercules beetle in my urethra and doused me in warmed bleach.

Shiantology - Sacred Jellybean - 18th June 2009

I'm not a huge fanboy of the Indiana Jones movies (I've only seen Arc of the Convenant, which I enjoyed), but as far as I can see, they've pretty much always been fun, popcorn flicks. Aliens fit into the serial / pulp comic homages just as much as the stuff featured in the other movies. This one was more over-the-top, but who cares? I successfully turned my brain off and laughed/cheered when Indy was shot hundreds of feet in the air in a refrigerator to escape a nuclear explosion. I wanted to be entertained for a couple of hours, not watch a movie that will make me ponder the nature of humanity and extraterrestrials. It's not like it was trying to be 2001.

Fuck the haters, this maybe wasn't buy-the-DVD-and-rewatch material, but it was a great way to kill 2 hours. Though it is funny seeing people go into conniptions about Lucas and Spielburg raping their childhoods. I don't think I've ever seen anyone as bloodthirsty and angsty as Star Wars fans who hate the prequels. If only they were athletic, maybe we could harness that kind of vigorous hatred for military purposes.

Shiantology - A Black Falcon - 18th June 2009

Exactly, it's Indiana Jones. Realism or whatever is irrelevant, and the aliens thing, if cliche, was done well. It was a great fun movie with great action, humor, characters, and more... it did what it set out to achieve and did it well. Hopefully there's a fifth, if it comes soon... :)

And yes, aliens fit into the serial-style plots just as well as anything they've done before. You're just being way too critical Lazy, for both this and Terminator Salvation.

Shiantology - lazyfatbum - 18th June 2009

it's freakin ALIENS not 'hey stones from guam' or 'look at this cool box, lets open it maybe' no, aliens. It was a blatant slap in the face. I was waiting for an ancient tribe of people who resemble aliens, where something alluded but no, it was dum. And the ending was dum. Watch Any other indy movie and compare it. I was disapoint,

The ending was great, a quite fitting ending... :)

And I have no idea what you're talking about about wanting it to NOT be aliens. This is Indiana Jones! It'd be extremely disappointing if it was just a lost tribe that sort of looked like aliens. Indy didn't find a box that sort of looked like the Ark of the Covenant, he found the real thing. He didn't find some random cup, he found the Holy Grail. Why in the world should he find some random lost tribe when he should be finding the real thing, aliens? That's ridiculous.

Oh, and it's definitely better than Temple of Doom. That one's the worst of the four for sure. Not sure about the others, I haven't seen the first or third in years... (I did watch Temple of Doom again a few months ago. It's definitely not as good as Crystal Skull.)

Shiantology - Geno - 18th June 2009

I've never seen the original three, but I thought the fourth one was mindlessly entertaining. Like Sacred Jellybean said, just turn your brain off, sit back, and enjoy the show.

Watch the first and third ones for sure, then! They're great!

Shiantology - Geno - 18th June 2009

I plan to watch the original trilogy eventually. My brother just loaned me the 1989 Batman film, which I plan to watch tomorrow. Having recently watched Nostalgia Critic's comparison of Batman and The Dark Knight (the latter of which I've seen twice and love), I got the urge to watch Tim Burton's Batman. I may or may not watch Batman Returns at some point too. I saw the Joel Schumacher Batmans as a kid but I don't care to watch them again.

But back to Idiana Jones... yeah, I'll watch the first three in order at some point. I may also rewatch the fourth one afterwards. My dad rented the DVD on Netflix, though I'm not sure if he'd want to buy it. If he does, I'll certainly watch it again.

Shiantology - lazyfatbum - 19th June 2009

But that's just it, it was historic references. There are so many things mentioned in religion and history that dont exist that indy could have found. Making it aliens, it just became so outlandish. Yunno how the things that indy found, it felt like he was actually stumbling on to these grand artifacts and discovering that they have these incredible powers. The whole aliens thing felt so trite... I read an indy comic once where he confronts an actual Lich and that was badass.... I dunno, I wanted history and adventure in the artifacts from ....real history.

I loved everything else about the movie but it still became a rehash of sorts. Indy fighting the goon in the ocean of ants was almost a direct copy of indy fighting the goon as the plane circled them. It even had the same outcome, but the original scene with the plane was more tense and entertaining. The monkies reminded me instantly of the little alien monkies from Super Metroid that teach you how to wall-jump. They taught Shia how to swing on the vines, so it made me wonder if there was a little metroid flavored homage there.

Indy 4 had huge names attached to it in the directing and writing departments, so I expect it to be better than average but what we got was average. It seems like writing has died a bit in films.

Shiantology - DMiller - 19th June 2009

The crystal skulls ARE historical references.

Link

Shiantology - A Black Falcon - 19th June 2009

DMiller Wrote:The crystal skulls ARE historical references.

Link

Yeah, of course. Lazy, you didn't know that? They didn't just make them up.

Shiantology - lazyfatbum - 20th June 2009

OH MY GOD REALLY LET ME CLICK THE LINK HEY LOOK THOSE LOOK LIKE HUMAN FUCKING SKULLS THE FUCKING SKULL FROM HOUSE, NOT THE FUCKING TELEVISION SHOW (love the metroid references and other classics) BUT THE FILMS.

THE FILM SERIES. YEAH THANKS ROGER COBB WHY DONT I ENVITE THE FUCKING DERANGED HOOKER OVER SO ME AND UNDEAD GRANDPA CAN FLUSH HER HAND DOWN THE TOILET? FUCKING REMEMBER? YES, SKULLS. HUMAN FUCKING GOD DAMN SKULLS YOU ASSHOLE. WELCOME TO 1986.

[Image: Indiana-Jones-Crystal-Skull-Projector-.jpg]

KINDA DIFFERENT DONT YOU FUCKING THINK YOU FUCKERS? FIND THAT IN THE GOD DAMN HISTORY BOOKS. FUCK YOU.

Shiantology - Geno - 20th June 2009

[Image: 2733760.jpg]

This is crack. HAHA!

Shiantology - lazyfatbum - 21st June 2009

that's PEEWEE!

Shiantology - alien space marine - 21st June 2009

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eVczw48ckhE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eVczw48ckhE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shiantology - lazyfatbum - 22nd June 2009

Shia LaBeouf badmouths the Wii...BIGTIME - Wii is an amateur console, you don't want to play with Wii gamers
June 21, 2009 by The News Team Filed Under: Wii

A portion of a Big Download interview with actor Shia LaBeouf...

BD: Have you checked out the Wii Transformers game?

Shia: I haven't been able to play the Wii game because my hand is broken. I've just been playing Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. I would imagine that the Wii experience will be like...I don't mess with the Wii, to be honest with you. It's kind of an amateur console. I'm not into the Wii thing.

BD: What's wrong with the Wii?

Shia: This is how in a simple way you can find out if it's a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there.

BD: Is that why you wouldn't play LEGO Star Wars with Megan Fox on the set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

Shia: Correct. Who wants to play the Wii version of LEGO Star Wars. I'd rather eat glass.

BD: So I guess you didn't play LEGO Indiana Jones?

Shia: The LEGO Indiana Jones I'm not going to speak on, but my feelings aren't very different.

hahaha not only trashing wii, but then trashing pretty decent games on the wii and *drumroll* trashing the games he has affiliations with in business. This should get interesting,

http://kotaku.com/5299140/shia-labeouf-totally-hates-the-wii

It begins

@asm, this and the GIJoe ones, damn... PSA's in the 80's were hilarious

Shiantology - Sacred Jellybean - 22nd June 2009

Ahahaha, holy shit, I thought you were making that up. Fuck Shia. I'm kind of surprised at how smug he is. You would think someone that doofy would have some humility.

That picture is gold, I would love to see him in a pink bunny costume looking pissed a la A Christmas Story.

Shiantology - Geno - 23rd June 2009

God, what a dick. Who is he to determine who's a true gamer and who's not? Hey, everyone, if you own a Wii, you're not a real gamer because Shia La-fucking-Beouf said so! And, you know, Shia LaBeefpatty is the fucking expert on gaming!

*chucks a Wiimote at him*

Shiantology - lazyfatbum - 23rd June 2009

I hope someone sends him the vid of the two lesbians hammering their vaginas with wiimotes and add 'Is this hardcore enough for you?".

Worth a mention. My auto spellcheck in Mozilla says that 'wiimote' is correct and 'vaginas' is not. I guess they cant be plural... Did you see Samantha? She has two vaginas! Oh wait a minute.... what the fuck is a vaginae?

Oh fuck life. Vaginae is the plural of vagina.

Shiantology - Geno - 23rd June 2009

Really? So is the plural of penis penii?

No. It's penises. Because it makes sense.