Tendo City
Motion+ & Resort News - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Motion+ & Resort News (/showthread.php?tid=5222)

Motion+ & Resort News - lazyfatbum - 14th April 2009

Get ready for a lot of retarded.

Nintendo, in their wonderfully blinding greed, is releasing the motion plus attachment for 20 dollars. That means 40 for a Wiimote + 20 for a chuck + 20 for M+ = 80 plus tax for a 'full' Nintendo Wii controller. When Resort hits it will come packaged with 1 M+ attachment, Nintendo then wants you to spend 60 more bucks so 3 friends can join you in multiplayer. Resort = 50 + 60 for 3 more M+ = 110 bucks... oh didn't I hear that Resort also uses the Balance Board?

Apparently, casual gamers are wealthy. 10 bucks for M+ made perfect sense. I guess i'll be holding off on Resort, Wii Sports was no fun in just single player and I dont need to spend 50 bucks for Disc Dog. I'll get M+ when games that interest me support it, I remember reading that it doesn't add any more functionality to older games anyway, since you have to program specifically for the M+.

Press release:

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo is setting the stage for a blockbuster summer with the announcement of two hotly anticipated product releases. The new Wii MotionPlus™ accessory will hit U.S. retailers on June 8, taking the motion-sensing controls of the popular Wii™ system to new levels of precision and performance. What’s more, these control enhancements will be on vibrant display when the Wii Sports Resort™ game launches on July 26, offering a beach-themed follow-up to the groundbreaking Wii Sports™ game. Wii Sports comes packed with the Wii console. It grew into a worldwide phenomenon and continues to attract millions of new players to the world of video games. Each Wii Sports Resort game comes packed with a single Wii MotionPlus accessory.

When used with specially designed games, Wii MotionPlus tracks players’ movements in finer detail and with greater accuracy than ever before, building upon the innovative wireless function of the motion-sensing Wii Remote™ controller. Even the slightest twist of the wrist or turn of the body is replicated exactly on the TV screen, allowing users to become even more immersed in Wii game play. Designed for easy attachment to the Wii Remote controller, the Wii MotionPlus accessory will be offered at an MSRP of $19.99.

Wii Sports Resort takes the inclusive, fun and intuitive controls of the original Wii Sports to the next level, introducing a whole new set of entertaining and physically immersive activities. With the deep control enhancements of Wii MotionPlus, veteran Wii users and newcomers alike can enjoy unprecedented gaming precision as they cruise on a water scooter, duel with swords, throw a Frisbee® and much more. Wii Sports Resort and Wii MotionPlus will be offered together at an MSRP of $49.99.

“Wii MotionPlus represents a new evolution in video game control. The variety of fun games in Wii Sports Resort show off its incredible precision,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Developers around the world are busy working on new ways to incorporate Wii MotionPlus controls into inventive experiences for consumers.”

Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other Wii features, visit Wii.com. For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.Nintendo.com.

Motion+ & Resort News - A Black Falcon - 14th April 2009

Nintendo of America: Releasing more expensive addons, fewer actual games...

Motion+ & Resort News - Great Rumbler - 15th April 2009

People will buy this, though, en masse.

Motion+ & Resort News - Dark Jaguar - 15th April 2009

The addon gives the remote the sensitivity originally promised when the Wii was announced. Yeah I'll pick it up. I won't pick up 3 more for friends mind you. My friends all have Wiis already, they can get their own.

Motion+ & Resort News - A Black Falcon - 20th April 2009

What, you actually mind paying $80 for each controller? Really? Wow, how shocking...