Tendo City
Capcom Megaton - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Capcom Megaton (/showthread.php?tid=5173)

Capcom Megaton - lazyfatbum - 7th March 2009

Tried Chop Till You Suck? Its not that bad. It's a 360 game, from Capcom, ported to Wii. Graphics stayed pretty intact, loss of detail obviously, and the physics weren't as spot-on. Of course, a severe lack of zombies compared to the 360 version. But all in all, not bad.

Guess what Capcom just dropped:

Wii's Resident Evil fans will be 'very happy very soon,' Capcom says

by Ludwig Kietzmann { Mar 6th 2009 at 4:56PM } Breaking News Nintendo

Though we're usually reticent to make a connection between ravenous undead hordes and happiness, Capcom's Resident Evil franchise has proven adept at uniting dire consequences with gaming euphoria. With Resident Evil 5 set to launch on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 13th, Wii owners may have felt somewhat left out of all the neck-chomping fun.

While submitting that Resident Evil 5 "pushes the boundaries of graphics and gameplay," Capcom's Associate Product Marketing Manager, Matt Dahlgren, had something more to say when prodded about a Wii version. "It was made for the Xbox 360 and PS3," he told our correspondent, Xav de Matos, at a recent Capcom event in Toronto. "That being said, Nintendo Wii fans will be very happy very soon."

When asked if we could expect an announcement during this month's GDC or E3 later this year, Dahlgren only offered, "Very soon." The exact nature of this impending happiness is up for speculation.

joystiq~

Well, shit the bed. Other possibilities:

Umbrella Chronicles 2
RE0
RE2 Remake (using RE4's engine)
Code Veronica Remake
RE6 (hahahahahahaha)
RE4 Super Deluxe Holy Shnykies "Whadaya BUYIN?" Edition
Hello Kittie's Oh noez, Zombiez! W/Pillow

My guess is RE5 because anything else would be stupid. Capcom didn't release Zero here for a reason - they knew it wouldn't sell. Code Veronica was remade on PS2 not too long ago. Umbrella Chronicles sold well, but with 'light gun' games being so saturated as of now, especially with Deadly Space being touted as a first person guided adventure or some ludicrous word use that resembles a bowl of dicks, I dont see that happening. RE2 remade could fit the bill. But why not capitalize on new games? Capcom knows that there's people who have a Wii and no 360 and bought the krap out of RE4. So...

African Zombies... in MY Wii?

Capcom Megaton - lazyfatbum - 7th March 2009

aw shit. Apparently, Capcom let slip something earlier. Now there's confusion a foot and CV looks like a contender. If its CV, i'm out. If it's CV with RE4 controls, i'm in.

Still though... RE5 makes so much more sense.

from 61 Frames--

You Like Resident Evil, eh? How About All the Resident Evil in the World!
Posted by John Constantine

After one last cold snap here in good ol’ NYC, spring is finally in the air. Yesterday had itself a brutal chill, but today, it’s been nice and mild. Spring is full of all kinds of great stuff. A young man’s fancy turns to love, flowers bloom, it rains a lot, and every last one of us post-industrialized humans have horrific allergy outbreaks because we’ve never lived lives that necessitate a hearty immune system. Modern living rocks. Spring is also the season for rumors! The fiscal year is just about to end and all kinds of precious secrets are starting to ooze out of corporate orifices like nobody’s business. Yesterday, it was Pandemic taking over Star Wars: Battlefront III. Today, its Resident Evil: Code Veronica on Wii.

Let’s dive headlong down the internet rabbit hole, shall we? First, Capcom’s product manager Mark Dahlgren tells Game Focus that fans of Code Veronica should pay attention to the news on March 12th. Look for an announcement that they’ll be “very pleased with,” he said. Dahlgren then stoked more flames in an interview with Joystiq and said that Wii fans will be “very happy, very soon.” Then Kotaku wrote about it. Then I wrote about it. Like a hack.

Seems a little silly, really. I mean, you can already play Code Veronica on Wii. Just go online, type “Code Veronica Gamecube” into Google and, provided you have forty dollars and a little patience, you’re good to go. You can play every Resident Evil worth playing on Wii, dag nab it. Bunch of jerks, that’s what you are, Capcom.

Yeah, Capcom!

Capcom Megaton - lazyfatbum - 9th March 2009

This thursday will be the announcement. I expect a release date to be far away for whatever it is, while they focus on 5 sales. If it is 5 for wii, expect a 6 month wait at the very least. If it's 2 remade or CV, it COULD hit very soon, within a month or two of 5. It would be a one-two punch for Capcom to sweep up the summer sales across the platforms.

12th. I'm excited, but i'm prepared for disapoint.

Capcom Megaton - lazyfatbum - 9th March 2009

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354569

Gaf posted this from a Capcom press release:

Resident Evil 5 Launch Party!

To celebrate the release of Resident Evil 5 on Friday, March 13th, Capcom and our friends at GameStop are throwing a launch party! On the eve of the launch, Thursday the 12th, meet us at Union Square in San Francisco to usher in Resident Evil 5. The event kicks off at 8pm and ends at midnight when you will be able to pick up your game- in-between we’ll have plenty going on to keep you busy. For starters, there will be a whole tent dedicated to the game where tons of kiosks will be set up and players will get a chance to get their hands on the game before grabbing it at midnight. You’ll also have the chance to win prizes and giveaways, meet the development team including co-producers, Takeuchi-san and Kawata-san and hang out with the motion capture/voice actors that played Chris, Sheva and Josh. To top it all off there will be new game announcements, stage shows, and Resident Evil activities all through out the night.

In order to guarantee you get the game at midnight, please stop by the Powell Street GameStop before the party to get your game transaction processed. You will need to get your proof of purchase wrist band and receipt for the GameStop store in order to pick-up your game at the party.

Also make sure to get there early as there will be limited space and we want to make sure you all get to enjoy the party!

Just to re-cap the details: be at Union Square in San Francisco by 8:00pm. I highly recommend getting there EARLY. We’ll party until midnight, then you can get your copy of the game with proof of purchase at the Powell St. GameStop. See you there!

---

So they're gonna announce it while selling off RE5? I has a feeling this could be totally off, like.... no where near RE4 controls and something entirely different. Not Umbrella Chronicles either. But "YEAH FUCKING RESIDENT EVIL 5 AND OH HERE'S .......CODE VERONICA FOR WII...." seems really bizarre. But, and this is a huge butt. Imagine an announcement where Capcom says "This time next year, you'll be playing Resident Evil 5... on Wii" *video of new controls and showing how good (bad?) they did in preserving the original graphics* Chop Till You Suck seems like testing ground to me for translating a 360 game to Wii because Capcom... likes money.

It just all fits so well. But i'm prepared to eat my words. Sigh.

Capcom Megaton - lazyfatbum - 11th March 2009

Oh wow. Dont get excited. Its a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles.

More first person on rails bullshit, this time sticking heavy between RE2 and CV apparently. It's being called RE: Dark Side Chronicles or something and a few screen shots show Claire and Leon from RE2 doing some gun modeling.

Whoopdifuckingdoo. Didnt Umbrella Chronicles sell like shit? Oh well. The only first person games i'm buying anytime soon are Conduit and that game on Wiiware (forget the name). The people responsible for the 'Chronicles' games can get impregnated from one of those wasps so that its body fills with fertilized eggs until it eventually pops open in a slow agonizing death, before it's eaten alive by the newly hatched offspring.

I was actually excited Capcom. You dirty sneaky bastards.

Capcom Megaton - A Black Falcon - 11th March 2009

Actually, I think Umbrella Chronicles sold pretty well. We don't know if this will of course, but the first one did do well.

Still, sure, compared to an RE5, it's obviously a big step down. But that's not unexpected, sadly, on the Wii... :(

Capcom Megaton - lazyfatbum - 13th March 2009

Some of the screens showed a Leon from RE4, so its possible it will play in to the events of 4 and Chris up to 5 (but so far it only shows Claire and Leon, which leads me to believe its any game Claire and Leon has been in). At which point it says "Thanks for playing! Now please insert RE5 in to your XBOX360 © or PLAYSTATION 3 © console."

Capcom Megaton - lazyfatbum - 14th March 2009

Oh, the news gets better.

RE1 (Gamecube) and RE0 (released on Wii last year) are being released on Wii under Capcom's 'Classics' moniker. It's Capcom's answer to New Play Control but this is just insult to injury.

I'll be buying RE5, I will not be buying games I already have that are barely updated (i'm not buying Pikmin 1 and 2 or Metroid, Mario Tennis, etc either) nor the Umbrella Chronicles sequel. Capcom quite literally read the book on how to do things wrong.

-Shovelware
-Saturated market (lightgun games)
-Zero innovation (Darkside should be a $30 DLC)
-Remakes, remakes, remakes

Capcom Megaton - etoven - 14th March 2009

Ryan said your a lying penis hole lazy, (his exact words)