Tendo City
Excitebots - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Excitebots (/showthread.php?tid=5155)

Excitebots - lazyfatbum - 27th February 2009

Same developer as Excitetruck but no deets, no screens, no nothing.

Multiplayer will be huge on this because that was the one major complaint with Excitetruck, other than that everything is in the air. But the name lends itself to speculation easily.

Imagine Excitetruck. You're tooling along and get to a fork in the path. But while one road is heavy terrain the other is deep water. You hold down 1 and 2, the wheels of your truck tuck in, you hear a cool sound effect reminiscent of an 80's cartoon, and viola: you're a boat.

While on the boat path you'll see other powerups with pathways. One path leads up a hill to nothing. Grab the power up, hit 1 and 2 at the right time and hot damn, you're a jet. Of course there would have to be structure, so the race would require you to transform multiple times in order to finish the lap, or find a path where you dont have to transform at all.

In essence, this could be trucks, bikes, helicopters, cars, planes, hovercrafts, you name it.

Alternatively... with the word bot comes robot. Trucks that transform in to 2 or 4 legged robots for climbing over mountains, punching through road blocks... perhaps being able to attack each other. The idea of a truck that can reach out a fist to knock an opponent off the track sounds kinda dur hur to me though.

The third inclusion of possibilities is that this could mean that weapons are involved. Rockets, machine guns, etc. But it would also make a lot of sense if this next installment allows you to fully customize your ride.

Do you think i'm close, or way the hell off?

Excitebots - lazyfatbum - 27th February 2009

Also, something i forgot. It's full title is Excitebots: Trick Racing.

Hmm... large robots on vehicles puling off tricks? If true, would prove to feel very Excitebike just... on a larger scale. I wish some screens would surface...

Excitebots - lazyfatbum - 3rd March 2009

Odd rumor:

Some anus on Gaf claims he's in the know and that it's 'Trucks' with arms on them that have things like missiles and PIES...... and that its aimed at kids. Not the missiles and pies, the game. Jesus, PIES?

Nintendo threw out Excitebots and everything else is rumor. I dont want pies.... I dont want pies at all.

[Image: excitebotbox.jpg]

Pies indeed. So they went with robots that transform. This could be a lot of fun - the first thing I notice is a car that resembles a frog jumping, two beetle-type cars tossing a socerball. The Turtle tank makes me wonder if its ability has to do with climbing rough surfaces. In the way back, at the top, the grasshopper vehicle is flying and so is the.... mutant ladybug holding the magic scepter.

This is a great way to update the Excitetruck formula, as you can see 'weapons' will be based on vehicle type. ie: Hercules beetle car can probably toss cars out of the way. No missiles. No pies.

Excitebots - A Black Falcon - 3rd March 2009

Excitebots looks great. Excite Truck was a pretty good game, and this looks at least as good... arcade-style racing is the best, and this definitely looks like a good one, just like Excite Truck. But I said this already... no thanks 'deleting posts' error. :(

AW FUCK THERE'S PIES D;

[Image: NP240_Excitebots.jpg]

:FuckYou: :FuckYou: :FuckYou: :FuckYou: :FuckYou: :FuckYou: :FuckYou: :FuckYou:

[Image: Excitebots_Exclusive_8.jpg]
[Image: Excitebots_Exclusive_9.jpg]
[Image: Excitebots_Exclusive_10.jpg]
[Image: Excitebots_Exclusive_11.jpg]
[Image: Excitebots_Exclusive_12.jpg]

Excitebots - A Black Falcon - 3rd March 2009

Looks like it might make a nice #2 to H2Overdrive for prospective racing game of the year... looks great. :)

Excitebots - lazyfatbum - 4th March 2009

It does look fun, but I hate clowns. I especially hate clown faces. And I hate clown faces and pies in a racing game. But i'll reserve my judgment there.

The bots can go on two legs, which makes absolutely no sense to me. But am I wrong that each car has a special ability? The boxart says the grasshopper can fly and the frog car jumps. I dont see the bat car flying though. i'm trying to find the other pages of the article, so maybe that'll explain it.

That screenshot with the playing cards suggests a game mode, but fuck if I can figure it out. Get cards to get a good hand, gamble money on yourself? A good hand gives you a boost?

Tambourines?? What is this I dont even...

Excitebots - A Black Falcon - 9th March 2009

Trailer ad! Looks great... :)

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14325482/excitebots-trick-racing/videos/Excite_Bots_Teaser_TrailerV6-H264.html

Excitebots - lazyfatbum - 10th March 2009

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='isStandAlone=true&highRes_ID=2779033&lowRes_ID=2779034&object_ID=14325482&downloadURL=http://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/video/article/960/960738/Excite_Bots_Teaser_TrailerV6-H264_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Looks good! Basically, the pie, the cards, the bowling pins, all are just strange ways to get a boost and grab points. The tambourine is probably top be shaken (via wiimote) in beat in order to get the points and get the boost. This is going to be even more strategic than Excitetrucks, you could probably be in 3rd or 4th place and still win.

There's ziplines too. They do transform somewhat, growing in to flight mode of sorts. The walking on legs feature still confuses me, but at one point in the trailer he kicks the other player with the bot's foot.