Tendo City
Merry Christmas! Every One! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Merry Christmas! Every One! (/showthread.php?tid=5106)

Merry Christmas! Every One! - etoven - 22nd December 2008

I express my holiday cheer threw Photoshop, and interpretive dance!
Click's fingers twice.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - lazyfatbum - 23rd December 2008

I bet your nightmares taste the best.

Merry Christmas you retarded Einstein. This'll be the thread to post your loot, too. I'm hoping for an electric blanket so I can keep warm at night because i'm alone.

*quietly eats peanutbutter crackers*

Merry Christmas! Every One! - etoven - 25th December 2008

[Image: biggrin.gif]

Merry Christmas! Every One! - A Black Falcon - 25th December 2008

Very nice... :)

Merry Christmas! Every One! - lazyfatbum - 27th December 2008

Toven, Greatness Achieved! My loot:

-Fantasstic pants (I have an ass!)
-2 very awesome shirts
-Pants that did not fit but will be replaced
-New leatherman because the texas airport took mine ;/
-new shitkickers that make me 6' 7"
-Mega Beardblade trimmer that can decapitate small mammals
-I can Play Guitar Plug and Play Ultimate Guitar Gaming System with Spongebob bonus pack
-*Laid
-Hugs
-scottish PJ bottoms that are rad
-My keyboard fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it was stuck by lightning)

*wasn't actually laid

Merry Christmas! Every One! - DMiller - 28th December 2008

Your keyboard was struck by lightning? Were you typing on the roof?

Anyway, my stash:

Rock Band for Wii
Fallout 3
Bioshock
3 Bond Movies (Thunderball, Moonraker, Live and Let Die)
The Dark Knight
Indiana Jones and the Long-Headed Aliens
American Lion (Book about Andrew Jackson)
1776 (Book about 1776)
A Vacuum (Desperately needed)
A Wallet (To hold my imaginary money)

Merry Christmas! Every One! - etoven - 28th December 2008

I also spruced up the old TovenNet server farm for the holidays!
Pics Below!

Merry Christmas! Every One! - A Black Falcon - 29th December 2008

-A 500GB HDD
-$100
-a couple volumes of manga (note: if people plan on giving me this in the future, be sure to make a list of things you actually want... but I'd rather have fantasy/sci-fi books anyway.)
-From Colony to Superpower: US Foreign Relations Since 1776 (book)
-The Best American Comics (from The Best American Series - 2008) (book of comics)
-Some chocolates (several different ones)

... And likely some gaming stuff (and a few more books) next week.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - Fittisize - 30th December 2008

I didn't get anything giftwise, instead the family decided to go to San Diego for Christmas. So I guess my gift was getting a huge ball of money to spend in Southern California for 5 days or so, and seeing the Chargers/Broncos division decision game (the first NFL game I've ever been to). Never in my entire life have I ever seen such a hostile crowd as I did at Qualcomm Stadium. I think it's because most of the fans were sitting in the parking lot since 9 AM drinking their faces off. Tailgating is a ridiculous tradition btw.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - lazyfatbum - 30th December 2008

Typing? It's a musical keyboard! But yes I was on the roof.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - etoven - 30th December 2008

lazyfatbum Wrote:Typing? It's a musical keyboard! But yes I was on the roof.

You were on the roof playing music?
Well that just raises more questions!

Merry Christmas! Every One! - lazyfatbum - 30th December 2008

Vodka D:

Merry Christmas! Every One! - Sacred Jellybean - 2nd January 2009

Honestly, the idea that you were under the influence of anything did not occur to me. "Playing the keyboard on the roof during a thunderstorm? Yup, sounds like him."

I got, in this order:

-A comprehensive history of zombie movies (including movies that don't have traditional zombies, like The Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and some other miscellaneous horror trivia as well).

-Christmas tree

-Cash

-Candle with a little glass pedastal

-A small coffee maker, and mugs to go with it

-The album "Who Killed Amanda Palmer?"

-A strange book called Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, given to me by my sister. I'm only a few chapters in, I've been distracted by It and the zombie guide for the past week.

-I should be getting more cash soon when I get my grandparents' gift. I wanted to visit them this year, but I had to work. :(

All in all, a very nice, productive Christmas. I only got off from work on Christmas and New Year's Day, but other than that, I can't complain.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - A Black Falcon - 3rd January 2009

A Black Falcon Wrote:-A 500GB HDD
-$100
-a couple volumes of manga (note: if people plan on giving me this in the future, be sure to make a list of things you actually want... but I'd rather have fantasy/sci-fi books anyway.)
-From Colony to Superpower: US Foreign Relations Since 1776 (book)
-The Best American Comics (from The Best American Series - 2008) (book of comics)
-Some chocolates (several different ones)

... And likely some gaming stuff (and a few more books) next week.

... And finally I had Christmas #3 (that last post was from the first two gift-giving occasions), and got a great bunch of stuff. :)

Books:
-Shadowplay - Tad Williams -- My #1 most wanted book, I'm thrilled to finally own it. Tad Williams is a great, great author, and this is his most recent book and part two of the Shadowmarch series... I'm going to read this, soon. :)
-Otherland Vol. 2 - River of Blue Fire (Tad Williams) -- Because I only have the first one, and really should read more of this exceptional series which, for no good reason, I haven't.
-1634: The Galileo Affair (Eric Flint and Andrew Dennis) -- I only started reading this series in August when I got the first two books, but I quite loved them and definitely want to continue. This is book four, but oh well... I'll read it anyway and then go back and find book three. :)
-graphic novel thing
-baseball-design squeezy stress relief ball
-$100 ($40 and $60)
-A robotic booklight (press the button on the side and it auto-extends! Fancy! :D) -- I needed one, my old one broke quite some time ago, and at times I definitely have a need for one... it's an LED one too, so it uses less batteries. :)
-The Animatrix DVD -- I've seen it before, but it is good and was from the bargain bin, so I'm happy to own it.
-25 foot audio extension cable (miniplug -- for using headphones farther away from a plug, I have one of these but it has a short cord. This is quite useful.)
-$50 to spend on videogame stuff on ebay and such, because I asked for that instead of any specific games. I got some stuff last week, hoping to get something in the next week... but I'll say more whenever I get it. :)

Merry Christmas! Every One! - lazyfatbum - 4th January 2009

Hey beans wuts that z-day book like? What's it called specifically? When I was dating Mads she had this book I used to have and it was hilarious, leme know if you're interested and I can send it to you. It's the zombie survival handbook ;D

also i'm making a country-wide emergency plan in the event of z-day if/when it happens. People to rescue, places to meet up, what towns have the least population and of course unmarked or dirt roads. Florida's the worst because there's only one direction out, but I learned how to sail just for that reason alone. Oh and get left 4 dead :D

Merry Christmas! Every One! - etoven - 4th January 2009

Ha ha ha ha..
*Eats Stupid :)

Merry Christmas! Every One! - Sacred Jellybean - 8th January 2009

Bumpkin: It's called Book of the Dead: A Complete History of Zombie Cinema. It's pretty not bad, it explores the undercurrents and trends in zombie movies (such as how during the communist scare, the focus of zombie movies was on loss of individuality and subversion of the status quo).

And hell yeah, I've always wanted to read the Zombie Survival Guide. :D Looks like the author, Max Brooks (oh please god let him be related to Mel Brooks... HELL YEAH!) also wrote Z-Day, which is another one I've been meaning to read. I changed my address, so if you're serious about sending that my way lemme know.

People all over are planning for this, we all know it's gonna happen, we just need to give it a little push and put hundreds of millions in federal funding towards finding the miracle bacterium that will begin the zombie apocalypse.

Oh, and I wish I had a X-box 360 or a capable PC to play Left 4 Dead. :( It sounds fucking awesome. I still need to save money for a TV that has RCA inputs, I can only play my Super Nintendo nowadays and that makes me a sad panda.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - etoven - 8th January 2009

Sacred Jellybean Wrote:I still need to save money for a TV that has RCA inputs, I can only play my Super Nintendo nowadays and that makes me a sad panda.
You don't need a new TV! Just get a RF modulator. Walmart carries them four about $20.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - alien space marine - 8th January 2009

Their making a movie called world war Z base on Marc brooks novel.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - A Black Falcon - 8th January 2009

etoven Wrote:You don't need a new TV! Just get a RF modulator. Walmart carries them four about $20.

Or a VCR. You should be able to find a VCR for like $5 at a Goodwill or something, and they almost always have A/V outputs. That's what I always use, on our older television.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - Sacred Jellybean - 9th January 2009

Awesome! Thanks etoven, I'll hit up a Walmart this weekend. :) I had an RF Adapter for the N64, but it made the sound quality crap. The damn thing finally broke on me, so LttP has been tiding me over (I never played it all the way through - I know, I know, LttP should stand for "late to the party" and all that).

Merry Christmas! Every One! - A Black Falcon - 9th January 2009

That's why I like the VCR solution better, with an RFU you definitely get worse picture/sound quality. I only have RF for my NES and Genesis... I wish I had a Genesis 2 AV cable, at least.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - Sacred Jellybean - 9th January 2009

That's true, Falcon, perhaps I'll try to find a few thrift shops tomorrow afternoon. Or my parents might have an old VCR that I can use... I was hoping that the adapter I had was just a cheap brand, but if that kind of quality comes from any adapter, I might have to forget it.

Merry Christmas! Every One! - lazyfatbum - 10th January 2009

Oh god... please.... please use the s-video.... come on people..... RF adapter? RCA? why not just cover your screen in fresh warm shit? The picture quality of RF is like.... its like fresh warm shit!

I am intrigued beans. I am very intrigued. It looks epical. The book I brought to light is dry humored and extremely informative, you'll catch all the witty banter. I cant send anything tho, its buried somewhere in boxes 11 through 34. D: Yay for uprooting!