Tendo City
Rare Gamecube Games - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Rare Gamecube Games (/showthread.php?tid=5065)

Rare Gamecube Games - Fittisize - 17th November 2008

Anybody own any of these?

http://blog.videogamepricecharts.com/2008/11/30-rare-expensive-gamecube-games.html

I had Twin Snakes, but I'm pretty sure it's lost for good, and I remember wanting to get Beyond Good and Evil when it came out, but I never did.

And there was a Mario DDR game? Who knew?

Rare Gamecube Games - A Black Falcon - 18th November 2008

I have PSO Episodes I & II Plus (got it last year for ... um, $7 I believe... no, as part of a three for $20 thing at that store, along with PSO Episode III and one other GC game... I didn't know it was rare like that!)... that's the only one from the top list though (I considered getting Cubivore a few times, but never did get it, and it's been some time since I've seen a copy...).

From the rest of the list though, I have Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (got new as a gift), Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest (got at EB a few years ago for more than that $26 on the list there...), Skies of Arcadia: Legends (got used years ago, for less than that $23), and Zelda: Twilight Princess (also got new as a gift).

Quote:And there was a Mario DDR game? Who knew?

Yeah, I remember hearing about that, and how the two shipments they made (late '06 and early '07) both sold out almost quite fast... considering that, it's weird that they discontinued it.

Quote: * Bust-A-Move 3000 - Used Price: $20
* Goblin Commander - Used Price: $20
* Gotcha Force - Used Price: $18
* Rave Master - Used Price: $7
* Killer 7 - Used Price: $10
* Baten Kaitos Origins - Used Price: $15
* Chaos Field - Used Price: $7
* Spirts & Spells - Used Price: $10

Um... Chaos Field really isn't that good, I don't think I've seen Baten Kaitos Origins for less than $20 around here (and I didn't like the first one at all), and Goblin Commander... $20 is cheap, when the PS2 and Xbox versions are much, much cheaper? The GC version is the expensive version of the game, not the cheap one.

Oh yeah, and Bust-A-Move 3000 is okay, but far from one of the best Bust-A-Move games ever. It's just a port of the first PS2 Super Bust-A-Move, really. The other Gamecube Bust-A-Move game, which was only released in Europe and Japan and was called Super Bust-A-Move All-Stars, is the real good Gamecube Bust-A-Move game. It's really too bad it didn't come out here.

Rare Gamecube Games - DMiller - 18th November 2008

I have a few:

Ikaruga (Thanks to Lazy)
Fire Emblem
Pikmin 2
Zelda Game Collection
Ocarina Master Quest
Skies of Arcadia

I also believe I got NCAA for Christmas but I ended up returning it for the XBox version. Oops.

Rare Gamecube Games - EdenMaster - 18th November 2008

Twin Snakes is a "rare" game? Who knew?

I have Cubivore, also.

Rare Gamecube Games - Dark Jaguar - 18th November 2008

I'd have got Ikaruga (it was available as a reprint) but then I found out about the 360 port, so yay for not-so-rare!

Rare Gamecube Games - A Black Falcon - 20th November 2008

Dark Jaguar Wrote:I'd have got Ikaruga (it was available as a reprint) but then I found out about the 360 port, so yay for not-so-rare!

Letting more people play one of the best games ever is hardly a bad thing, really... :)

Rare Gamecube Games - lazyfatbum - 21st November 2008

I still remember the last boss... half of my left thumb is permanently numb because of that.

Rare Gamecube Games - Dark Jaguar - 21st November 2008

A Black Falcon Wrote:Letting more people play one of the best games ever is hardly a bad thing, really... :)

I didn't say it was, or even suggest it.

Rare Gamecube Games - TheBiggah - 26th November 2008

I own Dinosaur Planet...I mean Star Fox Adventures. That's the only 'Rare' GameCube game I own ;)

Rare Gamecube Games - A Black Falcon - 26th November 2008

Quote:I didn't say it was, or even suggest it.

I didn't think so, but there are some people out there who think that making rare games they have more common is somehow a bad thing... maybe because now the game isn't worth as much as they paid for it... :)

TheBiggah Wrote:I own Dinosaur Planet...I mean Star Fox Adventures. That's the only 'Rare' GameCube game I own ;)

Clever, clever... :)

Rare Gamecube Games - TheBiggah - 27th November 2008

Seriously though, I own the following GameCube games on that list:

Beyond Good and Evil
Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition (4 Game Collection)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess -