Tendo City
Splinter Cell released for GC - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Splinter Cell released for GC (/showthread.php?tid=505)

Splinter Cell released for GC - Great Rumbler - 9th April 2003

Quote:Ubi Soft has shipped Splinter Cell for GameCube And Playstation 2. It first appeared on the Xbox and garnered a lot of praise of game of the year on the console. New features like exclusive levels and gadgets can be accessed by connecting the GBA version to the GameCube. Splinter Cell received high scores on reviews, and went on to sell more than one million units in North America. Hopefully the sales performance will be good on GCN and GBA. For those who aren't purchasing the title now, Ubi Soft has put up another trailer showing only the GCN and GBA content.

"Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is sure to impress PlayStation 2 and Nintendo GameCube fans. It earned its place as console game of the year by providing exclusive content and high quality excitement-filled gameplay experiences regardless of platform," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubi Soft Entertainment.

Should I help out Nintendo and buy it for the GC or go for the slightly better [technically] Xbox version...

Splinter Cell released for GC - EdenMaster - 9th April 2003

I'll get it on Nintendo. Why you ask? The WaveBird.

The WaveBird is the deciding factor between buying multiconsole games for my Cube or PS2. Graphics be damned.

Splinter Cell released for GC - OB1 - 9th April 2003

They changed more than just the graphics between the four versions. The PS2 and GC versions are not only graphically inferior to the X-Box and PC versions, but the AI is a lot dumber and they changed the level design. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. According to Fran, that is. He did a big head-to-to head feature for SC yesterday. The X-Box one came out on top.

Splinter Cell released for GC - A Black Falcon - 9th April 2003

Yeah, the X-Box one is harder (doesn't have the same radar detail, and there're more enemies...), plus it has a exclusive bonus level downloadable on Live... and the best graphics.

The PS2 one has a (different) exclusive bonus level... but the worst graphics...

And the NGC has the mid graphics but no extra levels.

X-Box version is best no question...

The PC version is great if you have a good video card and if you really suck with the X-Box controller (which I have no problem with). But the downloadable content is (so far) exclusive to the X-Box.

Yeah, the PC version... is it graphically equal to the X-Box? I've heard it might not be... And I wonder about controller... is that game only good on gamepad or does it play better on keyboard/mouse? I imagine its a gamepad game... most stealth/action games are...

And plus console ports on PC are often messed up... or just play better on the consoles...

The PC port is identical to the X-Box version. The controls are just fine, but not having analogue movement hurts it, methinks. And the whole unlimited saves thing is kind of cheap.

The option of unlimited saves is always EXTREMELY welcome... it hugely improves games and reduces annoying frusteration...

It makes it very easy.

But less annoying...

They could have used the middle ground -- limited number of save-anywhere saves per level... that one's interesting, and lets you save anywhere without making it super easy...

That would have been better.

Splinter Cell released for GC - N_A - 19th April 2003

Splinter Cell rules, although I'm sure the platform version will never be as good as the PC version, which I'm playing. Hehe, not so corny situations and characters like MGS.

Splinter Cell released for GC - OB1 - 19th April 2003

Well the X-Box version is idential to the PC version, albeit a bit better since the PC has yet to get any new downloadable levels.

Splinter Cell released for GC - Sacred Jellybean - 19th April 2003

Not to mention that you have to use an obnoxious keyboard to play it on PC. Even the gigantic X-Box controller is better than a keyboard.

There's no analogue aiming either.

Splinter Cell released for GC - Sacred Jellybean - 19th April 2003

Can't you at least use a mouse for that?? Jeez, that must suck.

D'oh, I meant analogue moving.