Tendo City
Coolest Box Art Ever - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Coolest Box Art Ever (/showthread.php?tid=499)

Coolest Box Art Ever - CartoonDevil - 8th April 2003

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to scour your collection, video game stores, and the internet for pictures of the coolest box art ever. It doesn't matter which system the game is for, just post a picture of the box art, and explain why you think it's the coolest.

I haven't been able to decide myself yet (I've limited it down to three games), but I want to see what each of you think is the coolest box art.

I'll post my choice when I finish deciding.

Coolest Box Art Ever - OB1 - 8th April 2003

Oh, so many to choose from. Here are some of my favorites:

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 6a.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

Tommy Lasorada or Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter's lovechild?
[Image: 9.jpg]

[Image: 10.jpg]

My personal favorite:
[Image: 1.jpg]

Coolest Box Art Ever - A Black Falcon - 8th April 2003

Woah... weird Mega Man and Pac-Man boxes!

You don't like the original Mega Man box? Don't you think it just totally caputures the essence of Mega Man, the geriatric parachuter space cadet?

Coolest Box Art Ever - Dark Jaguar - 8th April 2003

Haha, that's generally considered the WORST box art of all time that megaman one :D. It burns the eyes! Would it really be that bad for Capcom to have used the Japanese box art?!

Yeah because then people would actually want to buy the game! Now how crazy would that be??

Its not a box, but in that spirit...

Psycho Soldier, the arcade game...

Wrong pic...

Any idea who this character is? :)

Coolest Box Art Ever - Sacred Jellybean - 8th April 2003

[Image: halo2.jpg]

Coolest Box Art Ever - Darunia - 9th April 2003

LOL, that Mega Man box is the LAMEST thing ever! He looks so gay...the cover looks like the results of a third-grade drawing contest. I've shit out better looking things than that.

Coolest Box Art Ever - A Black Falcon - 9th April 2003

No guesses who that is in the poster there? Oh well... guess I could just say...

Oh, as for cool boxes... hmm. Warcraft III"s Collector's Edition is very cool... and I like the Oni PC box. Shiny silver with raised parts... Cool

Coolest Box Art Ever - OB1 - 9th April 2003

Gah, I hate that Oni box. The art from that game is just so bad!

Really? But the shiny silver raised stuff is cool... its a lot better than the PS2 version's box because its bigger... :)

Oh, and that is (supposedly) Athena in that Psycho Soldier picture. Yeah, Athena from KOF...

[Image: portraitAthenaSmall.jpg]

Oh, and the WC3 box is cool because its so big and heavy... it really feels like you got a lot that's cool.

Oh, and that Halo 2 box is only funny if you also remember the quote that it was inspired by...

As for other cool boxes, call back mid next month when I'm back at home... I don't keep my collection of (over a hundred) PC game boxes here at college... or my N64 or GB boxes for that matter... so I don't exactly remember which are the best, except from memory...

Damn, she sure looks different.

I thought of it when I saw that Mega Man box... how the actual character looks NOTHING like that (even in Psycho Soldier Athena has that purple hair! At least in the game she does... and she's supposed to be a teenager...)...

Coolest Box Art Ever - Laser Link - 9th April 2003

The best box art ever is the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Limited Edition. It is. You all know it's true. I win.

Coolest Box Art Ever - Great Rumbler - 9th April 2003

True dat. Cool

Coolest Box Art Ever - Dark Jaguar - 9th April 2003

You know, there's also SNK's game Athena :D.

LL is correct, as always.

Yeah, Athena was a game too, but I don't know what that one's boxart looked like... I doubt it was as absurd as it is in Psyco Soldiers... :)

Oh, and what does that special OoT box look like?

Coolest Box Art Ever - big guy - 9th April 2003

it's shiny and bumpy and GOLD!

The SE OoT box art is cool because it's shiny and stuff, but I don't think it's the best game box ever. The Japanese ICO cover is my favorite. It's such a great piece of art, and it perfectly captures the spirit of this incredible game.

[Image: PALbox.jpg]

That looks like something Courage the Cowardly dog would see on his journeys, just before something REALLY disturbing happens like the earth telling them they are worthless wretches who deserve that fate and the dog screams.

Space squids are cool.

You should watch Courage the Cowardly dog! That dog has dreams that frighten ME!

I just said that space squids are cool... that should have told you that I do watch the show.

Oh...

Then...

I should watch MORE of that show!