Tendo City
The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment (/showthread.php?tid=4831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 7th November 2010

N64
--
MRC (Multi Racing Championship) - $2.50, cart only -- Not one of the better considered N64 racing games, but I'm sort of collecting N64 racing games, and I haven't played this one before, so we'll see.

NES (all cart only, used)
--
River City Ransom - $3 - !!! Yeah, great find, worth a good bit more than this... :)
Rad Racer - $3
Quattro Sports - $3

SNES
--
Shadowrun - $4 -- Another very good find... :)

PS2
--
Top Gear Daredevil - $4 -- The SNES and N64 Top Gear games were great, but I haven't heard much good about the PS2 and Xbox ones (there was one for each)... we'll see.

Xbox
--
Metal Dungeon - $5 - Looks generic, but hopefully decent.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 8th November 2010

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 10th November 2010

All used.

NES (cart only games, $3 each)
--
CastleQuest
Dr. Mario
Boulder Dash

PS1
--
Army Men Air Attack 2 - $4

GBC
--
Donkey Kong Country - $7, cart only

Also I got a black PS2 memory card for $5. That makes four PS2 memory cards now, my third is almost full.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Great Rumbler - 10th November 2010

Bought Resonance of Fate for Xbox360 and Little King Story for Wii off Amazon for $50, should be here by Saturday at the earliest.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 11th November 2010

I really like Faria. Pretty good game, I'm sure I'll have more to say about that one in the future.

Today... (all used)

32X
--
Motocross Championship - $4, cart only -- Not a good game, but it's a 32X game I don't have (that isn't a sports or wrestling game), so I had to get it anyway.

PS2 (disc only, $2 each)
--
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Jak X: Combat Racing

Gamecube (disc only, $2)
--
Bomberman Jetters

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 16th November 2010

From a couple of local places and goodwill (one game). All used.

DS
--
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Ring of Fates - $12, card only - we'll see.

GBA
--
Final Fantasy V Advance - $8, cart only - I played a little of this emulated and it seemed alright for an old FF, kind of dull of course like all of them but at least the job system adds a bit of interest.
Iridion II - $5, cart only - Good but not great shmup with great graphics, from Shin'en (Nanostray, Iridion, etc.). Shin'en's shmups all have better graphics than gameplay, but are fun enough to be worth playing.

Game Boy
--
Conker's Pocket Tales - $5, cart in plastic case only
Quarth - $5, cart in plastic case only

PSX
--
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - $2, complete - Now I have all three of them. Haven't played any yet though.

NES
--
Codename Viper - $5, cart in sleeve - heard this one was good.
Bubble Bobble - $5 - worth more than that for sure...
Ninja Crusaders - $5, cart only

N64
--
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour - $5, cart only

Also I got a complete (game with box, manual, and cardboard insert) copy of Ogre Battle 64, for $5. I own this already of course, but it's worth a lot more than that (the box isn't in great shape, but it's there at least), so either I'll give it to my cousins as a gift if they don't have it already or sell it. Even cart only copies of this game go for at least $20 on ebay, so it could be worth $30-40...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 17th November 2010

N64 ($4 each, cart only)
--
Supercross 2000 - EA motorcycle racing game. The N64's most simmish motorcycle game.
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. - another mediocre 3d fighting game.
The New Tetris - Pretty great find for $4! This game still has real value...

Genesis ($4, cart only)
--
Technocop - Gory but mediocre and frustrating sidescrolling action/driving game. (I guess the idea is, "look at the people blowing apart in red chunks when you shoot them! Pay no attention to the bland driving, annoying mazelike levels, and infinitely spawning enemies, just look at all that blood!" ... yeah, it gets old.)

Also, I finally got Starcraft 2 for the PC. $54. I hate modern PC gaming packaging, you don't even get a real manual anymore. :(

I do like that Blizzard has their priorities in order, though. You don't get a real manual, a quick-help card, or a jewelcase, but you do get two World of Warcraft guest passes. Yay! The Raynor wanted poster notepad is a nice touch though, Blizz has put notepads in all of their games since Warcraft 1 or 2 and I've still got several of them. :)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Great Rumbler - 17th November 2010

Quote:Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. - another mediocre 3d fighting game.

THEN WHY DID YOU BUY IT :psyduck:

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Fittisize - 17th November 2010

Is there really a character in Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. named ZipperHead?

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 18th November 2010

I haven't actually played Bio Freaks before, so I'm just saying that based on reviews, and that it's a Midway fighting game that's compared to the Mortal Kombat games... of the two N64 Midway 3d fighting games I have, Mace: The Dark Age is a pretty good and interesting game that is one of the better fighting games on the system (it doesn't play like Mortal Kombat, which is great), while the other is the atrocious War Gods, which is so, so bad. I don't know where this one will stand, but why not try it out.

Hey, at least it probably won't be as bad as Criticom (Saturn) or Dark Rift (N64), from Vic Tokai. Now THOSE games are bad, near-bottom-of-the-barrel terrible. Even War Gods isn't as bad, as awful as it is. Whatever the platform, 3d fighting games just weren't ready yet, there are few that generation that I actually like... it's interesting to look at them to see what they were trying then, but few actually work, and a lot are pretty poor. But why not try the game anyway. It'll probably be boring or worse, but oh well...

Also, including the four I've gotten since yesterday, I have 116 N64 games now. There are only around 300 US releases, and a lot of the remaining ones are sports or wrestling games (I have only four sports games for the N64, and one wrestling). Why not try to get most of the other ones, even if a lot of them aren't that great. :) I won't spend much for them, but if they're cheap...

I'm not at the point yet of actually buying things like Elmo's Number Journey, though. :)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Great Rumbler - 18th November 2010

Just download N64 ROMs and play them in high-resolution at 60 FPS with an Xbox360 controller.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 18th November 2010

PC N64 emulation is... not exactly perfect, to say the least, and there's been zero progress on it in years now. You need the original hardware for a bunch of titles. And even for the others, getting games looking good is quite difficult... the N64 was probably the first system I got into emulating, back in '01 or '02 or so, and I've never liked the look of up-resolution N64 or Playstation graphics. They look better at their original resolution, on a television, unless you get the settings just right... and even then stuff like 2d sprites on top of those enhanced backgrounds look AWFUL.

Anyway though, sure I have a huge amount of roms and stuff. Have for years. It just doesn't make me not want the real thing too.

Also, Bio Freaks isn't as bad as I was expecting. It's decent, actually. It's got a few things I didn't expect from a Midway N64 fighting game -- it saves (Mace and War Gods do not support saving), it has a complete ingame move list on the pause screen (very rare in fighting games on any system that generation!), and the gameplay's alright and a little bit different -- you have a hovering jump and a projectile attack on buttons, as well as four standard attacks. That's different. The framerate's tolerable too. Simple gameplay, but decent.

Oh yeah, and Fittisize, yes the game does have a character named ZipperHead. The cast is ... odd. That reminds me of War Gods, which also has a weird cast, but these aren't quite as stupid looking, more just strange. This game's supposed to be set in the future, so people have random blades coming out of their backs and many of them are cyborgs and stuff. The game's definitely not great, but for its time it's alright.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Great Rumbler - 18th November 2010

Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, and Diddy Kong Racing all looked and played really good.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 19th November 2010

32X
--
Knuckles Chaotix - from ebay. $14. This game usually goes for a little more than this, I think; I saw a copy in a local store for $18 and was considering getting it, but decided to bid on an ebay copy first (bidding less than that) and was surprised when I won. The level designs are incredibly dull and lacking almost any actual things that can damage you (pits, spikes, more than a bare minimum of enemies...), but the 3d bonus stages are pretty cool, and definitely are the best thing about the game. Also even though it is easy and kind of boring it's a playable game which looks nice and plays well, as you'd expect from a game that looks like it's running in a modified Genesis Sonic engine. Tempo is a better game than this, but there is some good in Chaotix too, even if the bad (what in the world were the level designers thinking???) outweighs it. As the only Sonic-ish game on the 32X though, I obviously had to get this eventually.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 20th November 2010

Quote:Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, and Diddy Kong Racing all looked and played really good.

Yeah, popular ones like those do work fine. Lots of games have errors though, often graphics ones; if N64 emulators (or even just plugins) were still being worked on much these issues probably would have been solved over time, as has happened with the Turbografx and Saturn (both used to be pretty iffy emulation-wise, but now have some great emulators with high compatibility), but sadly N64 emulator development seems to have died off. It's too bad because PJ64 1.6 really needs some work... the number of games with graphics errors, or no visuals at all, or what have you, is too high. Unless there's been progress on this I haven't noticed?

Today...

Dreamcast
--
Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing - disc in generic case, $2 - Sequel to Redline Racer on the PC. Fun but simple motorcycle racing game.

(all cart games are cart only)

Genesis
--
Task Force Harrier EX - $0.50 - mediocre to average shmup that I haven't heard of before.

Game Boy
--
Bonk's Revenge - $5.50 - Bonk games are great fun. Supposedly pretty short and easy though.

N64
--
Space Invaders - $5.50 - Activision's Space Invaders title, also on PC and PSX. I have the PC version of this, but it doesn't run right on my newer computer, so why not get this too.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Dark Jaguar - 20th November 2010

Chaotix level design was pretty dull, yeah. I got a lot of fun out of mastering the weird control style and the special "fling yourself basically all over the place at high speeds" stuff. That was pretty creative, though it does involve a very steep learning curve (at first, it'll hold you back to the point of frustration). Anyway, those controls, once mastered, were fun enough that it carried me the whole game without me ever really thinking about the level designs. That's probably a sign of the problem, because in retrospect not a single stage comes to mind.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 21st November 2010

Age of Empires III is on sale for 10 cents (yes, really) today only on Games for Windows Live, so I got it.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 21st November 2010

Quote:Chaotix level design was pretty dull, yeah. I got a lot of fun out of mastering the weird control style and the special "fling yourself basically all over the place at high speeds" stuff. That was pretty creative, though it does involve a very steep learning curve (at first, it'll hold you back to the point of frustration). Anyway, those controls, once mastered, were fun enough that it carried me the whole game without me ever really thinking about the level designs. That's probably a sign of the problem, because in retrospect not a single stage comes to mind.

The "flinging yourself around" thing is my only guess about why the game doesn't have any pits or spikes, actually -- maybe they thought that because of how random where you go is, having the pits and spike beds that normal Sonic games all have would make things too unfair, so they ditched them all? That doesn't explain why there are so few enemies, though (fewer than the past games by a good margin), and NO SPIKES AT ALL. I mean, I'd think there are some places where they would fit! But no, it's "if you die in this game you did something really wrong" all the way. The only spike balls and pits are in the 3d bonus stages, which are, as I said, the best part of the game. I wish there was more of it. :)

And yeah, the levels are just so boring. The designs are repetitive to the extreme and you do the same things over and over, rarely with much actual danger behind it. However though, as you say it is fun to fling yourself around and figure out how to use the spring/two character mechanic. It makes the game interesting and different. It slows the pace down a lot, so this definitely is not a Sonic-fast game, but it is interesting. They just didn't seem to quite know what to do with it beyond basic platforming, which is too bad.

I think one of the problems is that there's almost no difficulty curve thanks to the crazy design decision to have you play the levels in a random order. Sure, the level 5s are going to be harder than the level 1s by a little, I'm sure (I'm not there yet), but when all five worlds are accessed from a slot machine, there's not going to be much difference from one world to the next. It's just so strange having to play the levels in random order, and because each of the five worlds has five levels, and each level does not have a boss (Only the last ones maybe?), this game also has a lack of bossfights. So far I fought one boss-like enemy, and it was a fun fight, but with the random order system it's not like they can be spread out well. They had to make it so that you can start from any of the five level 1's, so while some stages are more complex than others none are that hard... it just seems like such a bad design. Sure, it's original, and plenty of games let you choose what order you play the levels in, but usually there is a clear difficulty curve despite that. With this there's a little of that, but perhaps because of the fact that it's randomly selected there seems to be less than usual. And the levels are LONG, partially because of that slow pace I mentioned (thanks to the spring largely, you have to charge that thing constantly and that takes time). In one level so far I finished the stage with one and a half seconds remaining on the clock... and I hadn't been trying to go slowly or anything. I just barely, barely made it to the end in 10 minutes. :D

So yeah, sure, the game's some fun to play and the bonus stages and spring mechanic are kind of cool. It's also great that the game has on-cart saving. But they made some real design mistakes in the game, for sure, and there is a lot about this game I find disappointing.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 23rd November 2010

32X
--
Virtua Fighter - $5, cart only. I don't find this series that interesting really, but it was there and didn't cost much and there aren't many 32X games, so meh, why not.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 24th November 2010

New

WiiWare
--
Star Soldier R (800 points)
Art Style: light trax (600 points)

Used

Wii
--
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $10

$10 total for the four games below.

PS2
--
Hunter: The Reckoning - Wayward (the worst of the three Hunter games, and the only 2 player only one, but the other two are pretty good, so I wanted it.)

Xbox
--
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (I'd rather have it for GC where I have the first and third MAT collections, but for so cheap, I couldn't refuse)
Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver (looks Stuntman-esque, and Stuntman's good)
Maximum Chase (unrelated to the game above I believe, but maybe some somewhat similar gameplay?)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 30th November 2010

PC
--
3-D Ultra Radio Control Racers - $1 (jewelcase only) - Sierra's attempt at a top-down, 2d Super Sprint or Super Off-Road style game. Pretty cool find, I was happy to see this. :)

Wii
--
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love - $17

GC
--
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $3 (complete)

GBA (all cart only)
--
Star X - $1
It's Mr. Pants - $3
Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2 - $8

DS
--
Custom Robo Arena - $8 (card in Gamestop case)

N64
--
Pilotwings 64 - $5, cart only -- I can't remember ever actually playing this game...

The five games below were $24 for the five of them ($8 each, buy three get two free)
PS2
--
Jak 3 (no manual)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (no manual)
Spy Fiction
Samurai Warriors

Xbox
--
Mortal Kombat Deception (w/both discs)
Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit - $5

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 4th December 2010

(A day or two ago and today)
PC
--
Viva Pinata - in the Games for Windows Live store, on sale for $1
Deus Ex - in the Games for Windows Live store, on sale for $1

(Just before this post was made)

WiiWare
--
NyxQuest (1000 points) - Very stylish and quite good 2.5d platformer. Doubt it'll take long, but it's pretty good stuff, with physics puzzles, stylish art design, and more.

(later today)

Genesis
--
Turrican - $3, game with box and insert (no manual, box in poor shape)
Fatal Rewind - $3, complete (EA published sidescrolling action title, one of their Amiga to Genesis ports I think, looks interesting, and its case is a little odd, it's thinner than other EA Genesis cases and has foam inserts inside it. Odd.)

Game Boy
--
Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2 - $3 (cart only)

N64
--
007: The World Is Not Enough - $2.50 (cart only)

NES
--
Cabal - $3 (cart only)

The four below were all disc only and $1 each.

PS2
--
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
SSX

Xbox
--
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
FlatOut 2

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 7th December 2010

PC (Goodwill stuff)
--
American McGee Presents Bad Day LA - $3, sealed (I know, terrible reviews. We'll see though.)
Last Bronx - $2, jewelcase only (Sega 3d fighting game also on Saturn)
Project Eden - $2, jewelcase only (Core Design 3d puzzle/action game, also on PS2)
Startopia - $3, jewelcase only
Lego Island - $2, disc in generic case (I remember when this came out, I liked Legos so I was a bit interested, but it just didn't look like it had much content. I played a little of it and that confirmed my opinion, so I didn't get it. I doubt I'll think any differently now, but for $2 I got it anyway. I'm not expecting much though.)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 9th December 2010

From one place

Genesis
--
Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble - $5, game and case (no manual) -- I have the GG version of this and it's alright, why not try the Genesis version too. :)

PS2
--
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows - $5, game and case (no manual) -- the other Tenchu game that generation, and PS2-only, and without the previous game's splitscreen mode, too. It's less common than the first PS2/Xbox Tenchu, a good find for that price.

From Goodwill

Gamecube
--
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix - $3 (no pad) - Disc looks too scratched to work, but this is a somewhat rare game ($25 at Gamestop for instance) so why not take the chance.

PC
--
Sandwarriors -- 1997 flight combat game published by Interplay. I remember reading about it at the time and being somewhat interested, but I'm not sure if there was a demo, so I don't know if I've played it. Cool find though, we'll see if it's as good as it sounded in those PC Gamer article(s). :)

And the rest of this stuff is from a couple of Gamestops. They have a buy-2-get-1-free deal this weekend that I didn't know about before going into the store, so I got more than I otherwise would have. (The Xbox games weren't under that deal, they're just always buy 1 get 2 free.)

Also, because I do have the discount card, all games were 10% off (because you get 10% off used games with the card, if you're a paying cardmember; at $15 a year though it's not hard to make back that money in savings).

Xbox (buy 1 get 2 free, discs in generic cases only)
--
Yager - This is one I want to try, and the reason I got Xbox games. $5 ($4.49 after discount)
Speed Kings - Basically like Burnout on motorcycles... another one I've wanted to play. Free, would have been $3.
Enclave - I have this already, I'll give this away as a gift. They didn't have anything else I really wanted for Xbox, and this is a great game. Would have been $5.

Sticker price/what I paid

Gamecube
--
Whirl Tour - $2/free (complete)
Worms Blast - $3/$2.69 (no manual) - Worms puzzle game, could be good.
Rave Master - $6/free (complete) - Not very common Gamecube exclusive anime-based 4 player fighting game. This is the first time I've seen a copy of this game in years.

PS2
--
Micro Machines V4 - $3/2.69 (disc only)
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria - $12/11.69 (disc in generic case, I had gotten a copy of this before but the disc was bad so I've been looking for another copy, and the game's cheaper at Gamestop than anywhere else around here, and usually cheaper than ebay too though of course there prices are mixed. Amazing game though from the little I played, I will definitely play more of this one!)
Iridium Runners - $7/6.29 - complete. Futuristic racing game with running people instead of cars. We'll see if it's any good, looks low budget, but I can never resist futuristic racing games...

Wii
--
Zack & Wiki - $10/9 - complete. I've heard lots of good things about this game, we'll see.
The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces - $9/free - complete

DS
--
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword - $10/9 - card in generic case

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 10th December 2010

So I got another system, a Sega Master System. I decided to get one after picking up that copy of Golvellius, I was like "okay this is ridiculous, how many SMS games do I need to buy before I finally get something to play them on...", so I started looking around. The Power Base Converter for the Genesis was my first thought, and I've been looking into getting one of those for quite some time, but it has some drawbacks -- first, it doesn't work with the 32X, so I'd have to detach that, switch the cables, and plug in the PBC in order to use it. That would be a big pain. Second, it doesn't fit into a Genesis 2 unless you take it apart and remove the plastic shell, which isn't very good. I don't have a working Genesis 1. And last, even if I got one on ebay for like $20 or something, it's much less likely to come with a bunch of stuff, so you'd end up buying all of that stuff separately and spending more on it. I wanted instead to get a system with a bunch of stuff, so I'd spend much less for it overall. So that's what I did.

Got it on EBay a week or so ago, arrived today in a sizable box; I could have gotten one locally, but the cost always made me not want to -- the only place with one around here is asking $45! I went to ebay instead and got a pretty decent deal on this. For a total of $47, including shipping, I got:

-Sega Master System console, with power supply and RFU
-2 SMS controllers
-1 SMS Control Stick controller (a strange controller with a stick and buttons that are on the right of the stick, the reverse of like every other controller ever)
-1 Quickshot joystick for the SMS (third party joystick-style controller, with turbo switch)
-1 Sega Sports Pad trackball - Used by only 3 games in the US, oddly enough, all sports titles. I don't have any of them and haven't tried it yet in gamepad compatibilty mode. Supposedly it's not very good, though the complete lack of the games you'd expect a trackball to have -- breakout, missile command, anything like that -- is the biggest problem. Sega released a trackball and the only games for it are football, hockey, and soccer? Really? (In Japan there was a Breakout-style game that supported it, but that game was only released on Game Gear in the US.)
-a Light Phaser lightgun that does not work (pressing the trigger doesn't do anything)
-SegaScope 3-D Glasses, with both the glasses and card adapter you plug it into the system with. One of the side ear things is broken off, as seems to be the case with most 3d glasses, and the description didn't mention that, but it didn't say they were intact either. Oh well, I taped it on and it works fine now, it just can't fold close now (minor point). They're big and bulky and not very comfortable, but work fine. This was a real plus about this system, I wanted to be able to play the 3D games, and you need 3d glasses for the 3d games... and they cost like $20-50 on their on on EBay.
-10 games, all with cases (6 or 7 with the manual too) -- It's a selection of common titles, but still, 10 games is pretty nice. :)

I already had 5 SMS games I'd purchased over the years:
Power Strike (complete) - Compile shmup, great game
Psycho Fox (cart only) - Decent platformer, attacks remind me of DecapAttack on Genesis. I found that game boring and not very good, but I think I like this a bit more. Simple game, but fun once I get into it. It is hard though, one hit kills you and if you die you start the stage over from the start.
Outrun (complete) - okay for an 8-bit version
Hang On & Safari Hunt (cart and case) (Safari Hunt requires the Light Phaser) - combo cart, two okay but not great games in one
Golvellius (cart and case) - Great Compile action-RPG-shooter, a little bit like their The Guardian Legend on NES but fantasy. Long passwords for saving, like TGL.

Then with this system I got: (again, all have their cases, and some manuals too)

Space Harrier - No reason to play this much considering I have the 32X version, I probably would not have bought this if it hadn't come with the system.
After Burner - Same as above.
Maze Hunter 3-D (3D Glasses required) - Topdown platform/action game.
Blade Eagle 3-D (3D Glasses required) - Shmup with a twin-layer system, reminding me of Vertical Force on Virtual Boy but the SegaScope 3D glasses, while cool, aren't the VB's equal, so it's a harder game to get used to.
Missile Defense 3-D (Light Phaser & 3D Glasses required) - I'll need a working lightgun for this.
Astro Warrior - early SMS shmup
The Ninja - Sequel of sorts to Sega's earlier arcade/SG1000 game Ninja Princess, except this time you're a ninja guy rescuing a kidnapped princess, instead of a ninja princess saving her kingdom. Ninja Princess is a great game, so I wanted this one.
World Grand Prix - Bland behind-the-car F1 racing game. Track editor, but of course it won't save it.
Shooting Gallery (Light Phaser required) - Need working light gun, basic lightgun game
Fantasy Zone - A classic... haven't played it much yet though. Also on NES and TG16, but I don't have those versions.

Also I went to one store around here that has some SMS games, and got a few more.

Enduro Racer - $6, cart in case - Racing, Excitebike-ish
Kenseiden - $3, cart in case - sidescrolling action/platformer
Double Dragon - $5, cart in case with poster (EU ver.) - beat 'em up, has the 2 player simultaneous mode NES Double Dragon doesn't. Not as good as the Genesis version though of course.
Zaxxon 3-D - $5, complete (3D Glasses supported but not required) - isometric shmup with depth, like the original Zaxxon. The 3d glasses make figuring out what height you're at a little easier, but it's still a tough game.
Vigilante - $3, cart only - sidescrolling beat 'em up.
Global Defense - $3, cart in case with poster - Sort of like a shmup crossed with Missile Command. Unique game, looks fun.

There were only eight 3-D glasses games released for the SMS, and only six of those had a US release (the other two were Europe only). I already have four of them, so the only ones left for the US are Poseidon Wars 3-D and Space Harrier 3-D; for EU imports there's also Out Run 3-D and Line of Fire.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 16th December 2010

A few days ago
--

Master System
--
Aztec Adventure - cart in case, $3

Game Boy Advance
--
Medal of Honor: Infiltrator - $4, cart only -- this is a top-down, cartoony-graphics game, more like Ikari Warriors or something than standard FPS Medal of Honor. Good stuff.

Today
--

PC (Digital Download - GOG Holiday Sale)
--
Enclave - $3 - Great game, I have it for Xbox but PC has better controls.
Commandos Ammo Pack - $3
Perimeter - $5 - A game I've been meaning to get since it came out.
Incoming + Incoming Forces - $3 - I had Incoming for the PC back in the '90s, but lost it... fun game.
MegaRace 3 - $3 - Futuristic racing.
The Temple of Elemental Evil - $4.19 - Another one I've been meaning to get since it came out.

PC (Physical)
--
Star Wars: Battlefront - complete, $3 - not sure if this was worth getting, haven't played it yet but it's not my favorite kind of game.
Batman Forever - $2, jewelcase only (a port of the mediocre SNES/Genesis game, with CD audio and FMV cutscenes from the movie, controls are just as bad as on consoles)
Jazz Jackrabbit 2: Holiday Hare - jewelcase only, $2 (pretty cool find, the Holiday Hare editions of the Jazz games were good stuff. They're basically demos of sorts, with one world or so each, but with Christmas-themed levels. Jazz 1 had two of these, Holiday Hare '94 and Holiday Hare '95, but they were free, while Jazz 2's had a retail (cheap, as befitting the limited content) release.

Mac
--
SimAnt - complete floppy version - I got this because it's complete, and I don't have SimAnt. I can pick up a copy of the PC CD version easily around here for about $1, but that won't get me a copy of the quite thick manual... this does. :)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 17th December 2010

Saturn
--
Independence Day - $5, complete - Not a good game, but actually better than the PSX version.

NES
--
CluCluLand - $6, cart only

Sega Master System
--
Thunder Blade - $2, cart only
Alien Syndrome - $4, cart only
Kung-Fu Kid - $6, complete
Miracle Warriors - $5, cart in case (no manual/map) - this game without the map would be much harder and less fun, but the price was cheap, so I got it anyway. Hopefully I can get a map online, if I want to actually play it...

SNES
--
Power Rangers Zeo: Battle Racers - $6.50 - Mario Kart style racing game.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 20th December 2010

Yesterday (12/19)

PC
--
Asteroids (ActiVision, late '90s) - $1, jewelcase only
The Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit -- $35, from Amazon, new on sale. Yeah, the new one. I saw it on sale there and just couldn't resist, the game sounds quite good... it's the first time I've gotten something on Amazon.

The following three items were $10 total.

An untested, loose original-model NES -- it's dirty and I thought it likely wouldn't work, but I've always wanted one so I couldn't pass it up for that price. And indeed it does have a bad 72-pin connector, I only managed to get it working by pressing the cart down more, and even then only for a while before it glitched. I'll need a replacement. On the other hand though, I hooked it up via AV and it clearly has a better picture quality than my NES 2 (no vertical lines...), so I probably will do that at some point.

A NES controller, original style -- very dirty, and the A and B buttons don't seem to work. Maybe I'll try to clean it, but I wouldn't use it much anyway, so we'll see.

Genesis
--
Chakan (cart only) - I've heard it's insanely hard, we'll see if I find it any fun...

Today
--

SNES
--
Choplifter III - cart only - buy 2 get 1 free, with this and the next two, all were listed at $8 so it was $16 for the three.

N64 (both cart only)
--
Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding -Boss Games' snowboarding effort.
S.C.A.R.S. (Super Computer Animal Racing Simulation) - Ubisoft N64/PC futuristic racing/Mario Kart game. Okay game, but not amazing.

GBA - all three cart only and $5 each (from Gamestop, who knows how much longer they'll be carrying GBA games and they have some for pretty cheap...)
--
Drill Dozer - Always wanted to play this one, not sure why I passed on it when it came out... I remember seeing it marked down once and not getting it, and wishing I had later, but I didn't see it again.
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Tales of Phantasia - I know it's the worst port, but it was cheap enough that I got it anyway.

PC
--
HardBall 6 - $2, jewelcase only
The Lawnmower Man - $2, jewelcase only

Xbox
--
Ninja Gaiden - $6 - I'd rather have Black, but that costs like $25 around here...

PS1
--
Chrono Cross - $9

Gamecube
--
Donkey Konga with Bongos - $9 -- I got this for the bongos, not the game. Even though I passed on it back then, I have wanted to play DJ Jungle Beat, and to do that properly I need bongos... I don't have DKJB, but it's $5 now at Gamestop so getting a cheap copy of that at least should be easy. As for this game though, doubt I'll be playing it much. I'm utterly abysmal at music games after all, and can't stand them.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 30th December 2010

Several days ago

PS2
--
EverGrace - $4 - Early PS2 action-RPG. Got very mediocre reviews, but it seems fun at first at least... unforgiving, though!

PC (physical)
--
Earth 2160 - $2, jewelcase in cardboard sleeve release, used - Never liked this (RTS) series much, but why not give it one more chance, it's been a long time since I've tried one of them.

PC (digital download)
--
Blade Kitten - $2.50, on sale

(In between: Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition (PC) as a Christmas present)

Today

DS
--
Phantasy Star Zero - $25 - I've been wanting this for a while, and saw a complete copy and finally gave in and bought it despite the price. Aside from my barely-hanging-on DS (and the usual DS bad 3d graphics), I doubt I'll regret buying it, seems fun.

PS2
--
Trapt - this and the next two games were buy 2 get 1 free, and $5 each, so it was $10 for the three - game in Gamestop case - I've wanted to try the Deception games, but never have.

GBA (both cart only)
--
Polarium Advance - Interesting puzzle game. Starts out easy, but the hard puzzles are quite difficult. Looks decently good though.
Rebelstar Tactical Command - One of the GBA's other tactical strategy games. I've heard it's alright, but not Fire Emblem/etc. (or X-Com) good. We'll see, hopefully it's decent at least.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 31st December 2010

PC (all used)
--
Shanghai: Great Moments - $1, jewelcase only
Ancient Empires - $3 (The Learning Company, looks somewhat like their Operation Neptune, which is one of the best educational games I've played; complete in box, with 3 1/2" and 5 1/4" disks inside) - Game not listed on IGN
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $2, jewelcase only - I'd probably rather have this for Wii, but the price sure was lower for this copy...

PSX
--
Robotron X - $2 - I'd rather have the supposedly better N64 version (Robotron 64), but I haven't found that one and I did find this, so I got it.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 3rd January 2011

Sega Master System
--
Black Belt - $5, complete - This is actually a Fist of the North Star game. The GB and NES Fist of the North Star games kept their license in the US, but the SMS and Genesis ones didn't; I don't know if Sega couldn't or didn't get a license for it, but in both cases the names were changed and the franchise removed.

At least in this case the violence stayed, though. In the Genesis game (Last Battle) the "people explode when you punch them" aspect was removed in favor of simply punching people off of the screen; in this game, though, people do indeed explode when you punch them, as they should. That's nice. :)

As for the game, it's far from great, but it's okay I guess. It's basically a side-scrolling beat 'em up with bits of early fighting game in it. Walk right, hit people, get frustrated at the difficulty and repetition, rinse and repeat. Worth getting anyway, though.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 4th January 2011

NES - all cart only and $5 each
--
Rescue Rangers
Yoshi (the puzzle game)
P.O.W. (SNK beat 'em up)
"Ironman" Ivan Stewart's Super Off-Road

PC
--
Theme Hospital - $1, disc in generic case

PSX
--
Deathtrap Dungeon - $2.50 - disc in generic case
Midway Presents Atari's Greatest Arcade Hits Vol. 2 - $1, disc in generic case

GBA
--
Final Fantasy VI Advance - $8, cart only

DS
--
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - $12, card only (puzzle game from '09, got good reviews)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 6th January 2011

PSX
--
Alundra - $15, complete (yeah, the map too) - I've heard this game is great, and it's not exactly one you see much... seemed like a good price too.

SNES
--
GemFire - $7, cart only - Strategy game also on NES and Genesis, decent game

PC
--
SimAnt - $1, jewelcase release
Command & Conquer: The First Decade - $1, disc only (we'll see if I can do much with this with just the game disc, hopefully, but for $1...)

Xbox
--
Sonic Mega Collection Plus - $1, disc only

PS2
--
Suikoden V - $1, disc only (well, it was with a Suikoden IV manual, oddly enough)

Also I got an original Xbox DVD remote, with the remote and receiver you plug into the system, for $7.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 8th January 2011

PS2
--
Drakan: The Ancient Gates - $5 (complete)
Tekken 4 (complete) - $5

N64
--
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 - $3 (cart only) - Acclaim's motorcycle racing game.

Sega Master System
--
Marksman Shooting and Trap Shooting - $5 (complete)
SMS Light Phaser light gun - $7 (because though the SMS I got came with a gun, it's broken (came that way) and I wanted a working one.)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 10th January 2011

Wii (all used)
--
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams - $7, complete
Bust-A-Move Bash - $9, complete
Link's Crossbow Training - $2, disc in generic case

Wii Zapper (used) - $13

Gamecube
--
Pac-Man World 2 - $6, disc in Gamestop case
Zapper: One Wicked Cricket - $3, complete

PC
==
Silent Thunder: A-10 Tank Killer 2 - $2, jewelcase only
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition - $1, jewelcase only (I already have the game and expansion separately, but for $1 why not, I don't have the combined release)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 11th January 2011

Wii
--
Epic Mickey - $35, used

NES (all $1.50 each, cart in sleeve) (normally $3 each, I got them half off)
--
Adventure Island - I want the SMS version (Wonder Boy) much more, but this was cheap enough that I couldn't refuse it, even if it is the worse version.
Othello
Donkey Kong Classics - sells for like $15 or something at stores that know values...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 15th January 2011

Got a bunch today... went to a Gamestop and another store that I hadn't been to before, and they had a good amount of interesting stuff. :)

Gamecube (all complete)
--
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - $4.50 - The thing I wanted most there. I have the bongos now, so I needed the main bongo-controlled game... I wonder if I'll like it, I have no idea.
Geist - $3.60 - Meh, cheap enough that I'll give it a try.
Super Bubble Pop - $4.50 - Got bad reviews, but I have and liked the PS1 version, so I wanted to try the improved GC/Xbox version as well, when I found it for cheap.

PS2
--
Mega Man X7 - $4.50 (no manual) - I've heard bad things about this, but want to try it anyway.

PS1
--
O.D.T. - $3 (complete) - Another Psygnosis game...
Space Griffon VF-3 - $4 (complete longbox game) - Rail shooter of sorts. Looks okay if not great, but it's cool to find another longbox game worth getting, those things look so much cooler than normal PS1 jewelcases...

Sega Master System
--
Rambo: First Blood Part II (or, according to the cartridge, just "Rambo") - $8 (no manual) - Commando/Ikari Warriors style vertical shooter. It's a very difficult but pretty good game with nice graphics and solid gameplay, this was well worth getting.

Sega Genesis
--
Lotus II - R.E.C.S. - $4, cart only - Racing game from the developers who went on to make the outstanding SNES Top Gear series. This isn't quite at that level (why can't you have both engine sound and music at the same time? Stupid!), but it's good.

Sega CD (both complete-ish and $6 each)
--
Wirehead (case intact) - Live-action-video FMV game that plays like Dragon's Lair, pretty much. That means choose what to do at each point from a couple of random directions; some will kill you instantly, others move you forward, and the only way to know which are which is trial and error pretty much. Really annoying. Still, this game is just cheesily silly enough to be worth getting I think...
Surgical Strike (one case hinge broken off) - Live-action-video "shoot things with the cursor" FMV game. Meh, we'll see.

Sega Saturn
--
Thunder Strike 2 - $6, complete (complete, case intact) - The sequel to AH-3 ThunderStrike for Sega CD. It's a helicopter flight combat game. The first one was okay but a little bland, this looks similar but we'll see. This series did alright evidently, there were three of them released... 1 for Sega CD, 2 for PSX and Saturn, and 3 for PS2.

Nintendo DS
--
Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard - $16, complete -- I really don't need this game, I have the third one I'm still not that far into (awesome game, but tough as always for this series), but the price was right (below what it would cost to buy the game on EBay or Amazon), and I've always felt kind of bad for not getting this game back when it came out... well, I fixed that now.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 17th January 2011

NES ($1 each, cart only)
--
Wrath of the Black Manta - I wanted to try this one...
Wizards & Warriors - Never liked this series much, but for $1 why not.
Captain Skyhawk - Maybe good, maybe not? I'll see.
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode - Another one I wouldn't have paid more than $1 for.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 19th January 2011

NES
--
Hogan's Alley - $5 (lightgun game)

PC
--
Civilization / XF5700 Mantis Experimental Fighter Microprose collection - $1, jewelcase only (Civ 1... oddly enough, I never have owned this game. I played it back in the early or mid '90s from a friends' copy, but never had it myself. The flight sim I've never heard of.)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 20th January 2011

Genesis
--
The Adventures of Batman & Robin - $6.50, cart only - One of the better technical achievements on the Genesis...

Dreamcast
--
Air Force Delta - $4, complete - Konami's answer to Ace Combat, on the DC. I'll see what I think.

Saturn - $6 each, complete (cool finds!)
--
Bug Too! (good condition) - The sequel to the pretty good Bug!, which I thought was only undermined by its lack of saving. I think this one saves. Should be good, I'd been looking for this game.
CrimeWave (one case cover hinge broken off) - top-down/isometric-ish rotating 3d driving combat game. Fun game, really. :)
Mass Destruction (cracked but okay condition, hinges working) - Topdown 3d tank action game also on PC and PSX. I remember playing the PC demo back when the game came out, pretty fun game where you drive around and blow stuff up -- enemy tanks, gun emplacements, random buildings, etc. :)
Fighting Vipers (one case cover hinge broken off) - 3d fighting game from Sega. Likely not worth it, considering how few 5th gen 3d (or 2.5d) fighting game were actually good, but I've heard this one does have 3d movement, so I decided to give it a chance.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Dark Jaguar - 20th January 2011

You know what sucks? Slowly but surely all the pawn shops and used game places around here are making the internet part of their pricing policy, with a computer right there in the store. Jerks... It's making good deals on somewhat rare games pretty tough these days... They all know instantly what the going eBay price is.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Great Rumbler - 20th January 2011

There's always a good deal at the internet store.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 25th January 2011

You mean EBay, Amazon, etc? Sometimes, sometimes not, and usually with shipping charges to make things more expensive than they would be in stores, unless those stores are doing as DJ says and inflate their prices by what they see on EBay... and yeah, some places definitely do that. Whether you can get good deals at such places is often pretty hit or miss I think, some games will be affordable and others... not so much.

Wii
--
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $35 - I had to get it sometime, and won't find it cheaper than this. Didn't really want to, but ... it is a must have at some point.

Game Gear - pretty cool, a whole bunch of GG games all came in at once... $2 each, and all include cart and protective plastic case. :)
--
Super Columns - Basically the GG equivalent of Columns III, in terms of gameplay and design. Maybe slightly easier though?
Bust-A-Move - Yeah, pretty awesome find! The Bust-A-Move series is just fantastic, and it's really cool to find this portable version. Plays well, too. It's slow compared to later titles in the series, but still it's great stuff.
X-Men - I wonder if these three (this and the next two) are conversions of the Genesis platformers, or if they're different...
Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge
Taz: Escape from Mars
Road Rash - 16-bit Road Rash is somewhat mediocre, not expecting great things from this.
The Lost World: Jurassic Park - One of the last GG games, from 1997.

Game Boy Color - $2 each, all cart only
--
Croc 2 - I really like the Croc 3d platformers, but I've never tried the handheld sidescrollers...
Portal Runner - I was expecting this to be bad, but it's actually kind of fun. :) Platformer starring Vicky from the 3DO Army Men games (there was also a 3d platfor-action on the PS2 of the same name, I've never played it).
San Francisco Rush 2049 - I've played a little of the GBC version of this one before. It's... not so great. Not awful, but a pretty lame in comparison to the arcade original and particularly the N64/Dreamcast game, which is still the best racing game ever made. This is a topdown racer, and it's not the best one on the platform either. Though I do like it more than Mickey's Racing Challenge, I think... still it's not as good as Micro Machines V3, for sure.
Polaris SnoCross - Rumble cart. Another mediocre topdown racer, the handling DEFINITELY takes some getting used to here!
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge - The GBC counterpart to Pokemon Puzzle League, this isn't quite as good as its major-console counterparts -- the smaller playfield limits strategy -- but still, it's portable Panel de Pon, and it was a lot cheaper than the $20-plus the DS one (Planet Puzzle League) costs, too. It has the outstanding gameplay you expect from the series.

GB/GBC Dual Mode - $2, cart only
--
Quest for Camelot - (note- this game does have Super Game Boy enhancements, with a border and auto-changing palettes depending on which area you are in.) Action-RPG from Titus, Zelda or FFA inspired for sure. I just played through the first area of the game, and it's okay but definitely not great. I remember considering getting this back when it came out but ultimately not doing it (I've never seen the movie, actually, kind of wanted to but... um, I think I own it now, maybe I should watch it.) You play as the main character girl from the film, going around avoiding knights until you get the sword (you have to find the five chickens around the somewhat mazelike first area and bring them back to a guy, who then gives you the sword, not a great first impression), then going back and killing them. Definitely middle-of-the-road stuff, but it's not that bad, I will play more.

Game Boy - $2, cart only
--
Flipull - Puzzle game I'd never heard of, but wanted to try anyway. It's not great, but just decent enough for me to not regret buying it. It's a tile-matching game of sorts, where you shoot tiles into a block of tiles, aiming so that you hit similar tiles or ones that react correctly. I think I'll need to read something online about how to play this, what tiles do what isn't immediately obvious. Also, this game suffers from not being in color, they have to use different symbols on the tiles instead and it's not quite as good, B&W is fine for most games but for this kind of game it is a negative.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Dark Jaguar - 28th January 2011

I recently picked up Swordquest: Earthworld for the Atari (2600, but mine is the early model before they gave it a model number, so it's just plain Atari to me), and StarTropics for the NES. I even have the letter, unused! It seems more than a few people never figured out to literally dip the thing in water.

I love weird "outside the game" puzzles, from "examine the box" in Metal Gear Solid, to this letter puzzle, to Swordquest and the insane levels of crazy puzzles all throughout it's games. Too bad Windworld was never released...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 28th January 2011

Swordquest... those games pretty much require the manual (and comic book) to be playable, right? As for Startropics, such an incredible game...

PSX
--
Coolboarders 2 - $1.50

PC
--
Mini Golf Master 2 - 1.50

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Dark Jaguar - 28th January 2011

Unfortunately, the local used game stores here stopped even bothering to stock manuals for anything that didn't have a jewel case. It means I end up perusing eBay to round out my manual collection. Fortunately, replacementdocs to the rescue as I can find scans of those two little items online. It's not the same experience, but I intend to play the game after all.

Oh yes, the local used game stores here just list Atari games as "stock Atari game". It makes me wonder how they decide on prices for them, but it also makes it hard to find out if any of their stores carry the other games in the series without visiting them in person.

Edit: Swordquest is at once impressive (for an Atari game) and confusing. 13-7?! What does it MEAN?

Startropics is interesting. There's a tear on the back of the manual, and an odd patch on the back of the leter I got. After looking at pictures of manuals and maps online, I discovered this is VERY common. I looked closely and there's clear signs of glue on both the manual and that odd patch of paper on the letter. The manual's back end notes to "keep this letter", so near as I can tell, the letter came glued to the manual, and all these identical bits of damage are from kids removing the letter from the manual. I imagine even if I'd gotten the game brand new, I'd have done the same damage myself short of steaming it off or something (and if I steamed it, I'd have revealed the hidden frequency in the process I bet :D).

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 6th February 2011

All games $2 each, cart only.

Game Gear
--
F1 World Championship - Mediocre behind-the-car racing game.
Poker Face Paul's Solitaire - They also had Poker and Yacht, but I don't care about or play those, while solitaire can be fun, so why not. Okay version for the platform.

Game Boy
--
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana Max's Movie Madness - Okay platformer from Konami. Reminds me of Sunsoft's Looney Tunes games on the GB, a bit.
Kwirk - Maze-ish puzzle game where you have to figure out how to get your guy to the other side of the screen, past turning doors, blocks you can move, pits, and more. It gets hard fast, you'll need to do just the right stuff to get through. Small graphics. Still though, solid gameplay, somewhat good overall.
Game Boy/GB Color (Dual Mode)
--
Klustar - Puzzle game. Sort of like Tetris, in that blocks go across the screen, except here the blocks go across the screen (left/right or up/down or both, depending on the difficulty you choose), and your goal is to collect them with your tile, which you can move around, and form squares. Squares will disappear when you form ones of the size you set or more; you can choose 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5. Challenging game. There are a bunch of difficulty options, only mode (other than link cable vs. mode) is endless, and of course it doesn't save your scores... still though, it's okay.
Oddworld Adventures 2 - Kind of like the PC/PSX Oddworld games (the first two), just on GB/GBC and scaled down. It's alright, but not as good as the first game and I never loved that game anyway... I always wanted to like it and can see a lot it does right, but somehow always just get bored and never get far. It's similar with this game, really. Some of the scaling down isn't bad though, having only four gamespeak options does make things simpler. It is limited by the controls though, some buttons do multiple things.

Game Boy Color
--
M&M's Minis Madness - Okay sidescrolling platformer with four characters you switch between while playing, each with a different power. Basically it's a generic and mediocre licensed platformer with a slight dash of Lost Vikings' character-switch mechanic.

Quote:Startropics is interesting. There's a tear on the back of the manual, and an odd patch on the back of the leter I got. After looking at pictures of manuals and maps online, I discovered this is VERY common. I looked closely and there's clear signs of glue on both the manual and that odd patch of paper on the letter. The manual's back end notes to "keep this letter", so near as I can tell, the letter came glued to the manual, and all these identical bits of damage are from kids removing the letter from the manual. I imagine even if I'd gotten the game brand new, I'd have done the same damage myself short of steaming it off or something (and if I steamed it, I'd have revealed the hidden frequency in the process I bet ).

Even when you were a kid you'd have done that, really? Seems unlikely... unless you mean that's what you'd do if you got a complete copy now.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 7th February 2011

Genesis
--
Winter Challenge - $4, cart only - From Accolade. I got Summer Challenge (and Hardball III) for the PC back in the '90s, but haven't played this one... hopefully the port is as good as Hardball III for the Genesis. :)

PSX
--
Pysbadek - $4 - Futuristic hoverboarding racing game from Psygnosis. Psygnosis made good racing games, so hopefully it's decent.

Saturn
--
Rise 2: Resurrection - $4 (the bad sequel to the famously hyped but awful Rise of the Robots, I can't help but want to try it...)

And a bunch more $2 handheld games. All were cart only.

Game Gear
--
NBA Jam

Game Boy
--
Speedy Gonzales - Sunsoft Looney Tunes platfomer. :) The SNES Speedy Gonzales game was somewhat Sonic-ish. This is too, but it's also Sunsoft platformer-ish; it's somewhere in between, with speed and loops to run around, but with Sunsoft-style platforming. Good game.
Kirby Star Stacker - the Kirby puzzle game for the original GB. (SGB Enhanced title)
Aladdin - I wonder what the GB version of Aladdin is like... (SGB Enhanced title) ... Woah. It's a port of the Genesis game! Amazing, simply amazing... the GG Aladdin game was a port of the SMS game (completely different), the SNES game was completely different too, but the GB gets... a Genesis port. Pretty cool, though obviously not quite as good here as on the Genesis. (There's also a PC version of the Genesis game, likely the best version...)

Game Boy Color
--
Lucky Luke - Platformer, based on a franchise popular in Europe but not here. Seems good, based on first impressions.
Micro Machines V3 - Replacing the copy of this game that I lost nine-plus years ago! This was so, so awesome to find, I'd been wanting a replacement copy of this game for a long time... I remember it being good. I still have the sheet of paper with my passwords on it, so I can pick up where I left off if I want. :) My memory says it was pretty good.
Frogger 2 - I liked the DC game. I expect this to be not as good, but hopefully fun.
Top Gear Pocket 2 - Good I think. A little bland, but good.
Tomb Raider Starring Lara Croft - got good reviews...

PC (all jewelcase/paper disc case only)
--
Alien Trilogy - $1 - FPS also on PSX and Saturn.
SimCity: The Original City Simulator (CD-ROM Edition) - $1 - The worst main-series SimCity game, but still a classic, this game was amazing when it came out, like nothing before it... and I've never had the CD version, just the original floppy release.
The Daedalus Encounter - $3 - 3 disc FMV game. Not expecting good things...
Quake - $2

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 9th February 2011

It was buy 2 get 1 free for the next three. The two NES games were listed at $5, the N64 one at $7, so I paid $12 for the three.

NES
--
Vice: Project Doom - Good action-platformer with some Ninja Gaiden in it... nice find I think.
Ikari Warriors - The original and the classic... mostly a nostalgia piece, as I admit that gameplay-wise it's not so good, but... I had to get it eventually, I remember playing NES Ikari Warriors back then and liking it, so I had to get it sometime. I have Ikari II, but it's just not the same, and I don't like it much... I might like this more than that one actually.

N64
--
Carmageddon 64 - How could I pass up an opportunity to get one of the best games on the N64? Wink Seriously though, I know all reviews say it's one of the system's worst games, but I have to try it... I did like the first Carmageddon for PC, so even if it's bad I want to try it, with low expectations.

These next three I got for half off, so the prices listed are half of the sticker prices.

Game Boy
--
Mega Man II - $1 - cart only - The worst of the GB Mega Man games by a wide margin, and far worse than any of the NES games, and a game I've beaten a few times -- it only takes about two hours to finish -- and it's got poor music too... but it is Mega Man, and so I decided to pick it up.

GB Color
--
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - $1, complete in box - yeah, I have this, got it in summer '01 after the game came out, but my copy is damaged (the cart itself I mean), and only works in GBA systems if I put tape over the bottom corner, which then makes the game hard to remove, and then quite tricky to get back in and functioning again... it'd be nice to have a copy that doesn't have that problem, so I got this. Plus, complete Zelda game? Got to be worth a lot more than I paid.

GBA
--
DK: King of Swing - $3.50 - If I remember right this is the sort of CluCluLand-like DK game... no idea if I'll like it or not, we'll see.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 10th February 2011

DS - $13 each, card only
--
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen