Tendo City
The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment (/showthread.php?tid=4831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 31st July 2010

Game Gear
--
Tom & Jerry The Movie - cart only, $3 -- Okay but not great licensed platformer, but cheap enough to be worth it I guess.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 1st August 2010

N64
--
Indy Racing 2000 - cart only, $3 -- pretty fun game, based on playing it a bit. Yes, you're going around ovals, but the graphics and sound are good, gameplay is arcadey and fun (this is not a sim!), there's a good sense of speed, and it has on-cart saving. Nice. :)

Also, for $4, I got a full-sized King of the Monsters 2 (Genesis/SNES vers.) poster. Pretty cool. :)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Dark Jaguar - 1st August 2010

Metal Storm?! That game is awesome! It's one of those "missed classics".

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AefiFAI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="350" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

I need to find a copy of it at some point... Ah the joys of slowly reacquiring every single game I ever rented when I was a kid...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 2nd August 2010

You're right, it's a pretty good game. I'll definitely have more to say about it (in a thread I think) after I beat it. :)

Was at Gamestop today... just couldn't resist this.

Wii
--
Muramasa: The Demon Blade - $20, complete

Xbox (it's "Buy 1 get 2 free" now... though of course selection isn't good because they stopped accepting Xbox games over a year ago, some stuff is still there.)
--
The three were $5 total; two were marked $5, one $4.
Alias (disc in generic Gamestop case)
Aeon Flux (complete)
Seablade (disc and manual in generic Gamestop case)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 6th August 2010

Gratuitous Space Battles is on sale on Steam for $5, or for $6.25 with all the DLC, so I picked it up. Looks interesting. :)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 9th August 2010

All five of these things were $2 each, so $10 total.

PS2 (disc only games)
--
The Mark of Kri
Dark Angel (scratched disc, we'll see if it works)
Legion: Legend of Excalibur

The other two things were N64 controller paks, both third party (1X) cards. One is Interact brand and the other one who-knows with a Gamepro sticker on it. I took the Interact one apart, and like usual for Performance/Interact controller paks, it uses a battery clip instead of solder and welding. Fantastic. I put a new battery in it, and the card works fine and hopefully will be good for quite a while to come... that's why I like Interact/Performance N64 memory cards, no trouble required to put in new batteries, unlike pretty much any other cart with battery ever. :)

So, I used my new memory card space by finally creating a new Shadow Man file, I'll play that later... and several more too (I had not gotten new cards for a while despite needing them for the number of games I have that need it; stuff that I don't like that much I hadn't played in a while, like Penny Racers and Re-Volt.). Re-Volt still has a bad framerate and is very inferior to the DC version of the game, and Penny Racers still has very frustrating controls that make the game not very fun to play...
I started one other game that I had never played much of and hadn't played at all in many years, though -- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. Fantastic game!

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - alien space marine - 10th August 2010

Starcraft II

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Dark Jaguar - 10th August 2010

What about Starcraft 2 now?

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 11th August 2010

What, haven't heard of it? :)

I don't have it yet, but I will in not too long I'm sure...

Today though.

Genesis
--
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle - $6, complete
Ghouls & Ghosts - $8, complete
Shining Force II - $7, cart and box (no manual)

Quite a good deal on Shining Force II there... decently nice price for Ghouls & Ghosts too, particularly complete. And Alex Kidd isn't too expensive online, cart only, but around here this is only about the second cart of that game I've seen in years... it's not common.

I started playing Ghouls & Ghosts, it does one important thing differently from its SNES sequel Super Ghouls & Ghosts... infinite continues, in Practice mode at least! This option makes such a huge difference in the game, it goes from simply impossible, as the SNES game is, to frustrating and very hard (though not as hard as the SNES game, I think, G&G just isn't quite as hard as SG&G, and it's shorter) but possible. Awesome. :)

Also, Genesis Ghouls & Ghosts has an absolutely awesome cover... the awesome packaging helped sell me on it, actually, despite my being worried that I'd find it as unfunly too hard as SG&G is. Well, I'm happy I got it. Hard but worth playing. :) (Mediocre graphics and sound though, but oh well, it is a quite early Genesis game. For the time it looks good enough.)

[Image: 563325_57107_front.jpg]
Seriously, great boxart. :)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 12th August 2010

(PC) Got Unreal Tournament 3 Black in the GamersGate summer sale. I've played the demo before, it's pretty solid. Of the multiplayer FPS games out there, though I am usually not exactly a fan of the genre, the first UT is probably the best. That was a good game...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 13th August 2010

Saturn
--
Battle Monsters - $5 (complete, though the case cover is cracked and missing its hinges)

Genesis
--
Super Monaco GP - $1, cart only

N64
--
Knife Edge Nose Gunner - $3, cart only

Game Boy
--
James Bond 007 - $2, cart only
Motocross Maniacs - $3, cart only

I tried some Battle Monsters. It's a 2d fighting game, with digitized characters, sort of Mortal Kombat style in graphics. I was expecting MK clone gameplay too, but no, it's actually original, and plays as much like a beat 'em up or something. It's its own game. Oh, it's not a GOOD game, but at least it's original... :)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - EdenMaster - 13th August 2010

A Black Falcon Wrote:Gratuitous Space Battles is on sale on Steam for $5, or for $6.25 with all the DLC, so I picked it up. Looks interesting. :)

It's pretty enjoyable, worth six bucks for sure.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 14th August 2010

... That broken copy of Syd of Valis for the Genesis works in my 32X. Still doesn't work in the Genesis without the 32X, though, black screen crash right at the start... but through the 32X it works fine. Now that is really, really weird... very cool though, I've been wanting to play the game. :)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 16th August 2010

Went to Goodwill. They had some interesting stuff. Two games, two other things.

DS
--
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - $5, complete (quite cheap... :))

PC
--
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - $2, complete

Playstation
--
A Mad Catz Playstation 1 racing wheel, with the box (no manual). It's got both the wheel and the pedals, and works fine, I've tested it. It's kind of cool, the wheel or NeGcon are the only ways to get analog in many earlier PSX racing games like Wipeout, Wipeout XL, etc, and is supported by almost all PS1 racing games and a few PS2 ones as well. I'd sort of wanted a NeGcon, but this will do nicely... it takes a lot of adjusting to get used to the wheel, and I don't know if I'll actually use it more than the pad, but it's great to have. I was just playing some Wipeout and Wipeout XL, trying to get used to it.

Finally, for $3 I got a loose (system only, no cords) TI-99/4A computer from the late '70s. I wonder how much the audio and video cables for this thing cost... (controller aren't a problem at least, like most computers from the era it's Atari/Sega Genesis controller compatible). It's cool looking, with a shiny silver metal top and black plastic bottom. I have never owned any '80s computers...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 20th August 2010

Xbox
--
Circus Maximus - $5

Also, I got a used black Wiimote with Motion+ for $15 (with sleeve and strap), and a used white Nunchuck for $10, so I finally have two Wii controllers. I know the colors don't match, but it'd have been $20 to get a black Nunchuck, and that Wiimote was a great deal I definitely couldn't pass on... Wiimotes are usually at least $20 used, by themselves, around here.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 22nd August 2010

It was my birthday Friday, and we were out of town visiting relatives, but I did get some gifts... $150, a framed David Ortiz photo (good sized)... and most relevant for this thread, my cousin gave me some money for games. I said the easiest way would be to put some money on my Wii, since I"d bought it, so I could get something in WiiWare...

So, I got these. Still have some money left from it, I'll get one more game too, probably Driift Mania or Star Soldier R.

Wii - WiiWare
--
Castlevania: The Adventure: ReBirth (1000 points) - We promptly played this game after downloading it, and beat it on Easy mode with 9 lives per continue. Pretty good game, I'll definitely have to replay it on normal and with fewer lives! :)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A Darklord (1000 points) - It has stupid amounts of DLC, I know, but it's an interesting Tower Defense game, and I like TD, and the GC FFCC was good so the setting is somewhat interesting too... I'm pretty early in it, but it seems good so far. Kind of an odd take on TD, not quite as good as the best kinds, but definitely interesting and worth a try.

As for the money, some of it I'm sure will go towards Starcraft II, I'll have to get a copy of that soon...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 23rd August 2010

Xbox
--
Lara Croft Tomb Raider - Legend ($5, complete)

NES
--
Willow - $3, cart only - Played a bit of this, seems like a fun and pretty nice looking Zelda-ish action-RPG.

PSX
--
Activision Anthology of 30 Classic Atari 2600 Games - $4, complete - eh, why not...

Also, yet another PSX memory card ($3), because the ones I have aren't enough for the number of games I have.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 24th August 2010

DS
--
Kirby Super Star Ultra - $13, card only - Couldn't resist for that price...

Xbox
--
NightCaster - $5, complete

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 26th August 2010

Goodwill --

PC
--
Age of Wonders - jewelcase only, $3

Other stores (a couple of local places that I hadn't been to in maybe a month) --

from one place

Xbox
--
Burnout Revenge - $5

Game Boy/Color
--
Conker's Pocket Tales - $5, cart only

NES (all cart only and $5 each)
--
Digger T. Rock
Tiny Toon Adventures 2 - Trouble in Wackyland
Super Mario Bros. 2 (sure I have the SNES Allstars collection, but I have 1 and 3 for the NES too, I definitely have wanted this, just not for the higher prices I usually see it for...)

From another place --

PSX
--
Rival Schools - $5

Dreamcast
--
TNN Hardcore Heat - disc in case (no manual), $3

Sega CD (all games $2 each, disc only)
--
Cliffhanger
Mortal Kombat
WWF: Rage in the Cage
Formula One World Championship: Beyond the Limit
Cobra Command

Pretty cool find. Sure, some of those games aren't the greatest, but I decided to just get them all anyway. Formula One World Championship is a good game for sure, anyway, and Cobra Command is a slightly amusing FMV game. Cliffhanger's a Genesis port licensed platformer, but it does have a new mode 7 style added level, so it's got something added at least.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 27th August 2010

GBA
--
Zelda - The Minish Cap - $4.50, cart only. From a place that charges standardized prices for most non-current systems. When I see the game it's usually much more than that, and I've never been interested in it enough to pay much... for that price though I couldn't refuse.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 28th August 2010

Saturn
--
Ghen War - $5, complete (case in good shape) -- It's a first person shooter where you're in a mechlike suit. The close draw distance is very distracting. It's not a terrible game, but definitely won't be winning any awards either...

32X
--
Tempo - complete, $10. Tempo's not the greatest game, for some reason I just don't love it (I have played it emulated before of course), but it's a good game at least, and definitely worth it for that price, complete. 32X games aren't exactly common, and this one's an exclusive. :) It's okay, I like some things about it at least.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - EdenMaster - 28th August 2010

If you're not too afraid of the internet stealing your soul or someone being able to locate you from the woodgrain of your shelves or some other form of paranoia, I'd love to see a picture of your collection sometime. It must be massive.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 28th August 2010

Maybe I'll see if I can borrow a digital camera and take some pictures or something, I don't have one myself...

... Actually I just remembered, I did take a few not-very-good pictures of some stuff a few months ago, before I moved from the apartment I was in. The pictures are almost 1MB each and don't show many actual games though, just the stuff lying around (systems, controllers, a handful of games), so it's not exactly too useful... I should take some pictures, it'd be cool to put up pics of my stuff.

How, exactly, do I go about posting 1MB Jpegs, though?

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 31st August 2010

PC
--
Stronghold Crusader - $2, jewelcase-only release

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 2nd September 2010

SNES
--
Road Runner in Death Valley Rally - $6, cart only

N64
--
BattleTanx - $4, cart only -- the sequel, BattleTanx: Global Assault for the N64, is a fantastic game that I bought back when it was new, but I never got the first one... eh, why not. I know the sequel is better, but still, considering how great it was, I'm sure this will be fun too.

PSX
--
Board Game: Top Shop - $3, complete

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 4th September 2010

DS
--
Super Princess Peach - $13, card in generic case. We'll see if this was worth getting, I've heard it's really easy. It usually goes for more than that though, so I got it anyway.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 7th September 2010

Went to a few stores, including Goodwill. As usual they had some PC stuff, but almost nothing for consoles (at Goodwill, the console stuff here comes from other places).

Wii
--
Wario Land: Shake It - $15, used, complete
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $15, used, no manual

Xbox
--
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - $6, used, complete

PSX
--
Clock Tower - free, disc only (it was scratched and not working; I've managed to clean it up so that it works, which is pretty cool)

PC (all used)
--
The Sims: The Complete Edition - $3, discs in case only (eh, why not...)
Pharaoh - $3, disc in jewelcase and manual only
TMNT - $2.50, complete (the game based on the '06 movie)
Dark Sector - $2.50, complete
Shadow Master - $2, jewelcase only
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood - $1, jewelcase only
Disney's The Emperor's New Groove Action Game - $2, jewelcase only
Frogger: The Great Quest - $1, disc in generic case
3D Ultra Pinball Collector's Edition - $8, jewelcase only; contains 3D Ultra Pinball, 3D Ultra Pinball 2: Creep Night, 3D Ultra Pinball 3: The Lost Continent, and The Incredible Machine ver. 3.0.
Majesty Gold Edition - $1, disc in generic case (inc. game and addon)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 8th September 2010

... I bought Doom and After Burner for the 32X months ago, but forgot to make a post for them in this thread or my IGN list... bah, I wonder what else is missing from the list? :(

Bought today:

Xbox (both used, complete, $3 each)
--
Freaky Flyers
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Freaky Flyers is pretty good, Midway always made great racing games... it's too bad that it didn't do better, this game is great fun.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 11th September 2010

... Gamestop. All used games.

PS2
--
Tales of the Abyss - complete, $20

DS
--
Bangai-O Spirits - $6, card in generic case

Wii
--
Speed Racer: The Videogame - $10, complete
The Monkey King: The Legend Returns - $4, complete
Heavenly Guardian - $5, disc in generic case

Gamestop recently dropped the price on Tales of the Abyss from $45 to $20. The game's still $35-50 on EBay, look for a copy in Gamestops soon if you want it cheaper...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 15th September 2010

Bah, I can't find my DS charger, only the car charger. Hmm.

NES
--
Rygar (cart only) - $5.25. Pretty good game for sure, vastly superior to the boring arcade game of the same name. I just wish it had saving, this is not a short game...

PC (Goodwill today, all jewelcase only)
--
Police Quest: SWAT 2 - $2
Space Quest 6: The Spinal Frontier - $2
Resident Evil 2 Platinum (no original jewelcase; instead it's the two discs, in-jewelcase manual, and the jewelcase back paper insert in two generic thin jewelcases) - $3

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 16th September 2010

Goodwill.

PSX
--
Broken Helix - $3

PC (all jewelcase only CD games)
--
Resident Evil 3 - $3
Siege of Avalon Anthology - $2
Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers - $3
Space Bucks - $3
IndyCar Racing (from Papyrus) - $3

Pretty awesome to find Space Quests 4 and 6, I've only played the fifth one. That one I got back in the early or mid '90s, but while I was interested in Space Quest 6, I never actually got it. Well, now I have 4 and 6... pretty cool.

It is strange that 5 never had a CD version, 4, obviously, did. It's too bad 5 didn't have a CD version, it would have been cool.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 20th September 2010

PC
--
Monkey Island 1+2 remakes collection - Direct2Drive sale, $7.50 (it was on sale on Steam too, but, well, D2D is better.)

GBA (both cart only)
--
Metal Slug Advance - $8 - Plays more like Metal Slug NGPC than Metal Slug Neo-Geo, that is much more of a platformer than the arcade games, which is part of why I didn't get it when it came out. I finally did, and yeah, it's good, but definitely not like, or as good as, the Neo-Geo games.

Iridion 3D - $1.50. Eh, for that price why not...

PS2
--
Rise of the Kasai - $5, new - Sequel to The Mark of Kri. Seems very similar, and thus good.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 21st September 2010

Wii
--
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - used, $34. I just couldn't resist, I'm sure it's an amazing game and the price was fairly good.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 22nd September 2010

$2.50 each, used.

PS2
--
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzonoha vs. the Demon Army (complete) - Not my kind of thing, but too cheap to refuse, given that Atlus RPGs are usually not cheap...

Xbox
--
Amped 2 (no manual)
Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space (Gamestop case, no manual)

Thurs.
--
PC (Goodwill, $1 each)
--
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing - the original 1988 game, complete in box with everything. We had a later version of this in the early '90s that I first started learning to type with, but I don't know if we have that anymore, and it was a complete floppy disk PC game for $1, so I got it.
Muppet Treasure Island - jewelcase only. 3 disc kids' adventure game, got pretty good reviews so why not, should be cute.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 29th September 2010

All used.

PS2
--
Dynasty Warriors 5 Xtreme Legends - $2.50, complete

Xbox
--
Carve - $2.50, disc in case (no manual)

Playstation - $10 for all of these games (a bit under $1 each, they were very cheap so I got a bunch I wouldn't have otherwise. Unless noted all games are complete.)
--
Ballerburg: Castle Chaos
Critical Depth
Rayman (disc only in generic case)
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Driver 2 (no manual)
Namco Museum Vol. 1
Namco Museum Vol. 3
Street Fighter Collection 2 (SFII, SFIICE, SFIIT)
The Bombing Islands (no manual)
Pac-Man World: 20th Anniversary

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 7th October 2010

NES
--
Athena - cart only, $6.50. I know a lot of people dislike this game, and it's hard, but it's not so bad, and I like SNK... not one I've seen much at all either.

PS2
--
Sega Classics Collection - $8, used. The collection of eight of the first Sega Ages remakes, and the only PS2 Sega Ages remakes we got in the US. Sadly most are poor, but for $1 a game it's probably worth it... though it definitely is really unfortunate that Sega didn't release any more PS2 Sega Ages games here. Some of them would have been so awesome to see...

Sega CD
--
Stellar Fire - $5, complete.
The Mansion of Hidden Souls - $5, complete.

Stellar Fire is a Battlezone-style game from Sierra. It's a conversion of the PC game Stellar 7. It's pretty mediocre, sadly. Decent but nothing special graphics (this game has nothing on Battlecorps, Soulstar, Batman Returns' driving stages, etc, but it does have a simple look that works fairly well), lots of dark colors, constant undodgeable hits, flying enemies but you can't aim up or down so you just have to wait until they fly low enough to get hit... it's not a terrible game, but it's definitely not that good. The simple gameplay works fine in concept, sure, as you drive from point to point collecting items and then fighting the boss, but you restart the level when you die, and as I said it's very hard to avoid the enemy attacks along the way. I just get hit constantly. Maybe it'll be more fun on Easy difficulty, I think I'll try that... it's decent enough that I want to play it some more, but it's definitely not that great. If you want to play a great early '90s Battlezone-inspired game, play Spectre, not this. Maybe my opinion will change as I play it more though, we'll see.

As for Mansion of Hidden Souls, it's a creepy, horror-ish adventure game. Looks decently good, but I haven't played much of it yet. This game must have been popular around here at least, I see copies of it fairly often... finally got one of them.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 8th October 2010

PC, GamersGate sale.
--
Dark Void Zero - $2.50
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror - $2.40
Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon - $2.40

Broken Sword 1 isn't on sale unfortunately, so if I want to actually play them in order I'll need to pay full price, but that was too good a deal to pass up...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 9th October 2010

GOG "Atari" weekend sale ($4.20 each)
--
Independence War Deluxe Edition
Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos
Master of Orion 1 & 2
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack

I'd always wanted the I-War games, they're very good space combat games with more realistic space physics than almost anything else in the genre. It's pretty cool to finally have the full games. :)

MOO is of course a classic, games I've always meant to try sometime but just never have. As for TA though I've never really liked it, but now at least I can say I actually own the thing. Starcraft is still better forever though. And Age of Empires and Netstorm, too. :)

Also, someone at GAF gifted me the recently added Icewind Dale (1) Complete on GOG. That was pretty nice of them, I'll have to play it now (that is the one Infinity Engine title I don't own boxed and have never played).

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 11th October 2010

Got a bunch of stuff today. Most of it at least was probably worth it, we'll see.

New

DS
--
Etrian Odyssey III: Heroes of Lagaard -- $27, with artbook. Yes, I got an actual new game, wow. :) I don't have EO2, but I have the first one and liked it a lot, and the artbook is a limited edition item you won't be able to get forever, so I decided to get it when I saw a copy in a store with the artbook included. :)

Used stuff

Genesis
--
P.T.O.: Pacific Theater of Operations - $4, complete
Atomic Runner - $4, cart only
Ristar: The Shooting Star - with box (cardboard style) but no manual. $10, but I got this and the next two games buy two get one free -- so this and the next two games were $15 total.
Whip Rush - cart only, $5 - a shmup, so of course I was going to get it. It's alright.

PS2
--
World Destruction League: Thunder Tanx - $5 (free really)

Dreamcast
--
Super Magnetic Neo - complete. $10, but this was another buy two get one free; this and the next two games were $20 total, as all three would have been $10 each.
Speed Devils - complete, but the disc is damaged so I'll probably have to return this. Too bad, I really wanted to get this game, it's pretty good.

SNES
--
Top Gear 3000 - cart only. Awesome to finally find this game, I love the SNES and N64 Top Gear games and this one I hadn't seen... it's really good, futuristic Top Gear racing, with 4-player splitscreen too! Awesome stuff.

N64
--
Hybrid Heaven - $8, cart only

PSX
--
Spin Jam - $3, complete - low budget European Bust-A-Move ripoff, with a circular field and spinning instead of a vertical one, so at least they did try SOMETHING a little different.

PC
--
Lode Runner: The Legend Returns - jewelcase only, $1
The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time - dual-jewel jewelcase only, $4
Homeworld: Cataclysm - $10, complete (original style large box). I probably shouldn't have gotten this, I got Homeworld back in 2000 or so and had some issues with it (didn't like it nearly as much as many), so I never got this expansion or the sequel, and $10 isn't cheap, but... I got it anyway. Quite possibly not worth it, but Homeworld is such a beautiful game, and those big boxes are awesome looking... looking on EBay now it sells for ~20, so I guess it wasn't a bad deal.

They had a complete large box copy of the original Homeworld too, but I have that already (well, I have the Game of the Year Edition re-release, but close enough) and it was also $10, so I didn't get that.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 18th October 2010

Yesterday, for GOG's weekend sale.

GOG download
--
Lords of the Realm III

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 22nd October 2010

N64
--
Mission Impossible - $3, cart only
Dual Heroes - $2, cart only (bad fighting game)

Wii
--
Rock & Roll Adventures - $5 (terrible game, but I knew it and couldn't resist trying at least one of these abysmally reviewed 3d platformers... :))

Dreamcast
--
The King of Fighters: Dream Match 1999 - $10 (it's actually KOF '98, but they renamed it because ... um, it was 1999 and SNK USA thought that that would make the game sound more up to date, I guess? I probably could have gotten this for cheaper online, but not locally, so oh well... and I do love SNK fighting games.

Genesis
--
The Duel: Test Drive II - free, loose cart (got with a bunch of stuff, gave me this $1 game for free)

Sega CD
--
Lethal Enforcers - $4, no back paper insert in the case (the thing with the back text and end label) - I have the second one on cart, but not this. All I need now is a Justifier... though I'm probably better with gamepad anyway. We'll see how this is different from the cart version.

SNES
--
Arkanoid: Doh It Again - $5, cart only (I loved the Arkanoid arcade machine, I'd been wanting this SNES version. It does support the SNES Mouse, which is great. I'll have to play it with that, it'll surely be better with that than a gamepad.)

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 23rd October 2010

TurboGrafx-16 - from EBay, lot, $14.50 total (including shipping). All games are card only, no cases or manuals.
--
Tiger Road (solid Capcom platformer with internal backup save! Colorful graphics, hard but fun gameplay, and it saves.)
Final Lap Twin (okay 8-bit-ish F1-style racing game with RPG mode. The RPG mode is interesting, but hard. Graphics are simple, but smooth. Alright game, but a little boring after a while, like many of these early behind-the-car driving games. I really wish it had internal save, the 28-character passwords are NOT fun.)
World Court Tennis (tennis game with an RPG mode. Looks like the RPG mode is from the same team as Final Lap Twin's, except there are a few improvements here. The tennis game is solid, too. Nothing amazing (and again, not exactly the most amazing graphics), but it's fun. Shorter passwords than Final Lap Twin, but still no backup save. Bah.)
TV Sports Football - A topdown football game. Password save only for seasons, not that I will ever play this game.
Power Golf - mediocre early TG16 golf game.
World Class Baseball - second copy of a game I already have.
Takin' it to the Hoop - third copy of a game I already have two copies of.

Yeah, I mostly got this for Tiger Road and Final Lap Twin, but World Court Tennis is a nice surprise too. The price was probably cheap because the games are all card only and most of them are sports games, but considering that I got a couple of decent games, it was a pretty fair price; finding anything for the TG16 other than sports games and Keith Courage for under $10 is a good deal, pretty much.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 24th October 2010

N64
--
Monster Truck Madness 64 - $4, cart only - eh, why not.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 26th October 2010

SNES
--
California Games II - $2, cart in box (no manual)

Genesis
--
Mario Andretti Racing - $0.75, complete
Road Rash - $3, complete (mediocre series really, but now I have all three Genesis games, I wanted to complete the set... and complete is nice)

$10 for these four used games.

N64 (both cart only)
--
Armorines
F1 World Grand Prix

Xbox
--
MechAssault 2: Limited Edition

PS2
--
Jak II

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 1st November 2010

(from this point games aren't in IGN list in sig only in http://my.ign.com/games )

Goodwill.

PC
--
The Space Bar - $10, complete and unopened large box game
Mystery Quest: Secret Island - $2, Mumbo Jumbo casual game (jewelcase in paper cover), looks like half Solitaire and half find-the-hidden-object or something like that.
Hot Wheels: Stunt Track Driver - $2, jewelcase only
SimCity 3000 Unlimited - $2, disc only (technically it did come in a case, but it was in a SimCity 2000 Special Edition jewelcase... except the game inside wasn't that one, it was SC3KU. For that price I'd have bought either of them, as I only have the original floppy disc version of SC2K and the first version of SC3K (not Unlimited), but it is kind of funny, I wonder if there's a copy of SC3KU out there with SC2KSE in it...

They had a bunch of other boxed games, including some good ones (Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption, Heroes of Might & Magic III, Full Throttle, Shadow Warrior...), but they were all the Mac versions, not PC. :( The Space Bar was the only PC one (it's a dual PC/Mac disc, actually).

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - Great Rumbler - 1st November 2010

Picked up Damnation because it was $4 and Puzzle Quest Galactrix because it was $2.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 1st November 2010

Galactrix is pretty good. It doesn't seem to be as popular as the first game, and maybe that's because it's more complex (hex grid instead of squares, etc.), but it's pretty good, maybe as good as the great original Puzzle Quest...

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 3rd November 2010

Genesis (cart only, used)
--
Shining Force - $9
Jurassic Park: The Lost World - $5

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 4th November 2010

Goodwill (a different store from the last post)

PC (used)
--
-SimCity 2000: Special Edition and Streets of SimCity- in a papersleeve, $2. Yeah, the very disc not in that jewelcase I got yesterday, that actually had SC3KU in it, shows up at a different store... pretty cool. I've never owned the Windows version of SC2k before, only the original DOS floppy version. And not only that, but Streets of SimCity was in the sleeve with it too. That game got poor reviews, but still it might be fun to check out.
-Europa Universalis II - jewelcase only, $2. Paradox game -- that is a very complex strategy title.
-Legion - jewelcase only, $2. Another Paradox game.
-The Simpsons: Hit & Run - complete in box, $2. I've heard it's sort of Crazy Taxi, we'll see.

In addition to the PC version of The Simpsons Hit & Run, two extra discs were also in the game's jewelcase: The PS2 version of The Simpsons Hit & Run, and an American Idol game for the PC. Huh. Somehow I don't think I'll have much use for that last one.

The New "Games I Bought" Thread -- Copied For Your Enjoyment - A Black Falcon - 5th November 2010

N64
--
Lego Racers - $4, cart only

Also, I got a GBA SP. Blue color, original style (not the "with brighter screen" model), with the original charger. I got it because it was only $15, way under the average price for one of them around here, and looked like it was in good shape. Either for GC-GBA linking (hard to find the right light location when sitting in front of the TV (that is for using my original-model GB), to have a backlit GBA (other than the DS), etc. I think that the original GBA, and the DS, are more comfortable to use than the more cramped SP, but still it's not bad.