Tendo City
Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Zombies in Cyrodiil?! (/showthread.php?tid=4780)

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Great Rumbler - 13th April 2008

I don't know if you guys have heard or not, but things are really bad down here in the Imperial City. There's blood and bodies and carnage everywhere and I saw several battles going on between the Watch and large groups of the undead!! They were just knocking people down in the streets and eating them!!! I've never seen anything like it before in my life!

Somehow I made it out, but there were so many of them, at least thirty I guess. Right now I'm in this little outpost just west of town called Weye, or something. I'll try to keep everyone up to date on what's happening, but I think some of them followed me out the front gate and they might only be a few hours behind me.

Listen to me, guys. The quarantine isn't holding and the Watch can't do anything to stop the disease from spreading. The best thing you can do is head for one of the port towns: Anvil, Bravil, or Leyawiin. Then find a ship that's heading out to sea. Remember, those who've been infected don't LOOK infected, so keep your eyes open and don't sleep out in the open.

Wait...okay, I just saw some people run past my window. I'd better leave.

~Great Rumbler

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - EdenMaster - 13th April 2008

They're not just in the Imperial City, I'm afraid. Whatever sorcery this is, it's happening in Cheydinhal, too. I barely escaped with my life, many others were not so lucky. I too have sought refuge in the wilderness.

I've barricaded the door of the Knights of the Thorn Lodge, and will try to get some sleep. I managed to grab my alchemy gear so I've been working on some Invisibility potions to try and slip past them should I need to.

I intend to head for Bruma. It is my hope that the zombies cannot stand the cold of the Jerall Mountains, and I will be safe there, at least for the time being.

I pray to the Nine for my safe passage, and yours as well Great Rumbler. Take care in your travels.

~EdenMaster

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - lazyfatbum - 13th April 2008

I'm near the Mexican border in Texas nestled deep in a town 300 miles away from any civilization, I'm actually dealing with the real thing on a daily basis.

Patch sounds kool tho. Is it really Z-Day-Esque and rampage/chaos/death?

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Great Rumbler - 14th April 2008

Quote:Patch sounds kool tho. Is it really Z-Day-Esque and rampage/chaos/death?

Pretty much. Several zombies rolled into the Imperial City and started fighting with the guards and random civilians. Some of the guards got infected and then changed into zombies, thus adding to the horde. A bit later, the zombies moved to other parts of the city and repeated the process. I don't think its spread to any other cities yet, but it may happen soon, possibly with my help.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13418

Okay, guys, right now I'm in Bruma and everything is quiet for the most part, but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay. Chorrol was complete overrun when I went through. A horde of zombies pushed through the main gate and started slaughtering and eating any they could find. I made it out along with a few others, but many more weren't so lucky.

Bruma is likely to be the next target for the horde. On the road there, about halfway between the two towns, I came across a long zombie. I killed it, but the rest may only be a few days behind.

I urge you to leave as soon as possible. Some people seem to think that the city fortifications will hold. Let me tell, THEY WON'T! I saw it happen with my own eyes in Chorrol and the same could happen anywhere. Head for the coast as soon as you possible can.

God-speed, everyone.

~Great Rumbler

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - EdenMaster - 14th April 2008

I've made my way to Bleaker's Way, south of Bruma, and it's completely deserted. Signs of struggle and battle are everywhere, the town square is crimson with blood. Fortunately, I've thoroughly checked the entire area and there are no zombies to be found. They seem to have moved on from this place, it's only a small settlement, they probably just overran it on their way to another town and kept moving.

The sun is setting, I do not dare travel at night in these dark times. I will barricade the door to the sturdiest house in town and wait for the dawn, then continue to Bruma. It is still my hope that the bitter cold will stop, or at least slow, the zombie invasion. I can think of no other place I can go, I have no guarantee the ports have not been overrun, and I do not have the luxury of time to travel all across Cyrodiil hoping one is operational. No, I must get to Bruma. I believe that is my only chance. I implore you to stay there, I can think of noplace in Tamriel I would dare assume "safe" right now.

The news of Chorrol's destruction weighs heavily on me, as that was my home, I was only in Cheydinhal on Mages Guild business when this madness began. Much of my strongest equipment, armor, and relics have more than likely been destroyed or taken by townspeople to fight the zombies themselves. I have only what I took on my trip to Cheydinhal, though I do have a blade with a fairly powerful enchantment, and am well-versed in the schools of Destruction and Alteration. Any straggler zombies I find should not be a problem, so long as I can avoid the horde.

Now I must rest, my journey to Bruma resumes tomorrow. I should reach there by the afternoon.

~EdenMaster

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Dark Jaguar - 14th April 2008

So should I take it that GR has experienced the pure joy that the PC version of Oblivion and it's many mods can bring?

Hadn't heard of this one yet though. I think I'll combine this mod with my keyblade and pokeball mod and have some fun cleansing the undead with holy light and capturing a few.

Quote:So should I take it that GR has experienced the pure joy that the PC version of Oblivion and it's many mods can bring?

I only just recently got a computer good enough to handle Oblivion, and even it struggles with the "Almost Everything Visible When Distant [Large]". I can only imagine the FPS horror that awates me once I finished downloading Qarl's Texture Pack 3.

Quote:Hadn't heard of this one yet though. I think I'll combine this mod with my keyblade and pokeball mod and have some fun cleansing the undead with holy light and capturing a few.

Laaame. You need to get in on some of the nude character mods. Nothing says "ADVENTURE!!" like running through town without any clothes! Ha-ha, good times.

Anyway, the best mods I've seen so far are:

Unique Landscapes - An absolute must, adds lots of unique outdoor areas to explore.
Illumination Within - Adds lights to windows at night.
DarNified UI - Shrinks every aspect of the UI making it a lot more usuable on the PC version.
City Life - Adds children and more NPCs.
Clocks of Cyrodiils - Adds clocks to every town.
Ambient Town Sounds - Towns now sounds like towns.
Beautiful People - Attemps to fix the horrid faces.
Extended Imperial City - Almost doubles the NPC population of the Imperial City.
Natural Vegetation - Makes all the trees taller, effect is geniunely incredible.
Natural Water - Reflections and underwater lighting are bumped up.
Natural Habitat - More non-aggresive animals/insects.
Natural Weather - Better skymaps and weather effects.
28 Days and a Bit - Zombie holocaust!!

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Dark Jaguar - 14th April 2008

I've got a lot of those actually. The set of "natural" mods are pretty amazing. I use "natural faces" instead of your face mod though. I like those ones a little better myself. There's also a number of mods that improve textures on everything from gold to tools to cups to bottles to everything. I have an arse of RAM and video RAM, so I'm good to go there.

I think I should pick up City Life. The lack of kids seems like a serious oversight to me (that and the lack of bathrooms).

Oh, I have a lot of sound mods too, like one to make outdoor weather sounds show up when indoors (with good work on making it sound like it's coming through wood or rock). The UI mod I use does shrink things (it's CTMod or something like that) and I've got a few alterations to how underwater works so the water is a little clearer (it combines extremely well with Natural Water).

Unique Landscapes... Well to be honest I tried to only add mods that altered things superficially, and not alter the gameplay too much if at all. I may still try that. I've got a mod that makes windows light up at night, but not via "true" lighting so much as window texture tinting.

I've also got one called "Open Cities" that integrates the cities with the rest of the world so the gates are always open. It takes a few in-game hours for AI to "adapt" but the mod does a pretty good job of handling it otherwise. There is a little slowdown as a result but it's minor and only what I normally see when I'm outside a town. The only town this doesn't affect is the capital city. That's fine though. Closing the gates there makes sense, considering the king was just murdered.

Modded Oblivion is simply amazing with the right mods.

Oh, I did actually get a number of gameplay altering mods. I didn't use them in my first run but they are pretty interesting. One makes it a lot easier to get away with murder. Namely, people only know a murder takes place if someone can actually see or hear it take place. That's good for the "evil character". There is also one to allow locks to be "bashed" and to make sneaking work a little more accurately.

Quote:Unique Landscapes... Well to be honest I tried to only add mods that altered things superficially, and not alter the gameplay too much if at all.

It's not any real change to the gameplay, just things like a swamp here or a canyon there. It also has some cliff dwellings up in the mountains that provide an amazing find.

Better Cities is a really awesome mod as well. I downloaded it a few hours ago and I've been running through the various cities. Some of the changes it makes are really incredible.

Quote:I've also got one called "Open Cities" that integrates the cities with the rest of the world so the gates are always open.

I'll have to check that one out.

Quote:Oh, I have a lot of sound mods too, like one to make outdoor weather sounds show up when indoors (with good work on making it sound like it's coming through wood or rock).

I'll get this one too.

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - EdenMaster - 14th April 2008

Great Rumbler Wrote:I'll have to check that one out.

If you do, bear in mind that the Zombie Mod is not compatible, it's listed specifically in the readme. The zombies are meant to spawn in the city cells themselves, and still will, and will not attack the open cities, as they are now part of the world map.

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Dark Jaguar - 15th April 2008

Oh about the whole zombie thing... my bad... I was experimenting with this new alchemy recipe to bring back the dead and accidently spilled the whole thing on some poor fellow's lap. Oh it turned out to be a total dud (except for the flames) but turns out that guy was a magician in the middle of some spell and I interrupted it.

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - lazyfatbum - 15th April 2008

Huh. When I was experimenting with intangibles I combined Lucy Liu's career with Kirk Cameron's sex appeal and I made Smucker's Strawberry and PB Goober mixed sandwich spread which coincidentally upon opening caused the recently deceased to reanimate.

So... my 'bad', I suppose. On a side note if you combine Kirk Cameron with Rick Schroeder you get Jimmy Carter.

[Image: about_kirk.jpg]

[Image: 24ricky1.jpg]

[Image: 406px-Jimmy_Carter_cropped.jpg]

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Great Rumbler - 15th April 2008

EdenMaster Wrote:If you do, bear in mind that the Zombie Mod is not compatible, it's listed specifically in the readme. The zombies are meant to spawn in the city cells themselves, and still will, and will not attack the open cities, as they are now part of the world map.

I already turned that one off so I can mess around with some other mods anyway.

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2008

Okay, I got the TES Construction Set for Oblivion and now I'm a man on a mission!! And that mission is to make the most bizarre and awesome house that's ever been conceived of by man.

I took a fan-made island, so as not to mess with the real overworld, and put down an Anvil house in one of the island's tiny towns. I spent some time fixing up the area, putting lights and walls and so on. For the interior, I used a regular Anvil interior. However! The basement door goes into another house that is actually two interiors fused together. In one room of the house is a table with what appear to be a child's toys. There's a tiny house, some out-buildings, a statue, and bed. But what's this? Oh, there's a door on the front of the tiny house! You are then taken to a giant house where everything is supersized!!

Next up is an Ayeleid ruin and cave somewhere in there, maybe some random NPCs wandering around and whatever else that makes no sense that I can come up with.

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - EdenMaster - 17th April 2008

Great Rumbler Wrote:Okay, I got the TES Construction Set for Oblivion and now I'm a man on a mission!! And that mission is to make the most bizarre and awesome house that's ever been conceived of by man.

I took a fan-made island, so as not to mess with the real overworld, and put down an Anvil house in one of the island's tiny towns. I spent some time fixing up the area, putting lights and walls and so on. For the interior, I used a regular Anvil interior. However! The basement door goes into another house that is actually two interiors fused together. In one room of the house is a table with what appear to be a child's toys. There's a tiny house, some out-buildings, a statue, and bed. But what's this? Oh, there's a door on the front of the tiny house! You are then taken to a giant house where everything is supersized!!

Next up is an Ayeleid ruin and cave somewhere in there, maybe some random NPCs wandering around and whatever else that makes no sense that I can come up with.

I want that when you're done with it :D

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2008

Okay!

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Great Rumbler - 14th July 2010

Well, it's gone now, unfortunately. A victim of a Window's reinstallation and having Oblivion so bloated with mods that it became a bit of a mess and I had to delete and reinstall it.

BUT, I kind of feel like I want to try this again. So, there's hope yet!

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - A Black Falcon - 14th July 2010

They added a zombies DLC addon to Red Dead Redemption... does everything need zombies in it now?

Yes.

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - EdenMaster - 14th July 2010

Most definitely.

Also, I'd forgotten how much that I knew and then forgot about doing mods. It's going to take a while to get myself reoriented enough to get anything going. :(

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Sacred Jellybean - 14th July 2010

Basically yeah, ABF.

Actually, I'm kind of tired of zombie movies and hope they hold off for a while (Zombieland was retarded and reinforced how boring zombies have become), but zombies are a surprisingly good addition to almost any game. It's like the salt of the culinary world to video games.

Zombies in Cyrodiil?! - Great Rumbler - 15th July 2010

Wait, you thought Zombieland was BORING? Mind blown.