Tendo City
Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 (/showthread.php?tid=4749)

Pages: 1 2

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 20th March 2008

The game

Its pretty much a blue dude for leather face, Which by the crude dinosaur era graphics appears to be a man drilling his big dick out of his chest into women, When actually its supposed to be chainsaw but its the same blue color as his body. The game is supposed to be rare given that it was banned by retailers for its then morbid content which by today standards is laughable.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 20th March 2008

The AVGN is great. :)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - Sacred Jellybean - 21st March 2008

Hahahaha "Hillbilly humor consultant" is listed in the credits.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 21st March 2008

For all of his videos: http://cinemassacre.com/AVGN/Nes_Nerd_videos.html

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 21st March 2008

why does he review long discarded terrible games?

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 21st March 2008

For fun? Because he's good at it?

Why not... it makes for some pretty good videos. :)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 22nd March 2008

A Black Falcon Wrote:For fun? Because he's good at it?

Why not... it makes for some pretty good videos. :)

I guess; Sometimes its funny.

I find the most amazing stuff is when he points out the Game makers have major spell mistakes,Ghostbusters.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 22nd March 2008

The next video's coming on Wednesday... I wonder what game it'll be. :)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 23rd March 2008

where you already a fan of the angry Nintendo nerd?

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 23rd March 2008

Yeah, I've watched all of the videos.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 23rd March 2008

A Black Falcon Wrote:Yeah, I've watched all of the videos.

I think he should have his own tv show or a segment into one.

I do remember the NES as a kid; It was the first console my family ever got. We had duck hunt and Mario bros; I don't remember any of the games he showed except for Top gun.

In a way I wish , I still owned the NES/ SNES & genesis too. I knew a guy who had the sega cd and the 32X.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 25th March 2008

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32245.html

The new video! It's about the Intellivision.

Coming next: Colecovision.

Great video...

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - Dark Jaguar - 25th March 2008

I'm actually with ASM here. *crack in spacetime* Sometimes he's funny... but most of the time it just ends up coming off lame. It's like if he fails to come up with a joke his only recourse is to yell louder and curse repeatedly. Yes, cursing is funny sometimes, but not when he just repeats the same stuff over and over again loudly.

Also, sometimes it just seems like he sucks at the game in question. Ninja Turtles comes to mind.

Quote:Also, sometimes it just seems like he sucks at the game in question. Ninja Turtles comes to mind.

Remember, that's not him really, that's a character he is playing. He's exaggerating all of his frustrations and sometimes inventing scenes to show frustrating parts, like that jumping thing in Ninja Turtles. But this isn't actually how he acts. It's the "Angry Nintendo Nerd" character... who is, as his name suggests, angry and easily frustrated. And, for some reason, loves playing bad games. :)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - Dark Jaguar - 25th March 2008

In retrospect I think I can understand why ABF could relate to such a being...

My main complaints would be the "let's beat up random character X" parts (such as Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout) and that there are way too many poop jokes.

Other than that, it's pretty good stuff.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 26th March 2008

new video

Holy shit my friend owned that intellivision

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - Fittisize - 27th March 2008

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Also, sometimes it just seems like he sucks at the game in question. Ninja Turtles comes to mind.

Fuck that. Have you ever played that game? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the hardest, most frustrating games I have ever played in my entire life. Horrible memories that I have tried to suppress exist from my childhood where I would punch walls and throw the controller across the room and generally lose my mind, all because of this game. And I was only five years old and I never even liked the damn Ninja Turtles. The game is IMPOSSIBLE. A few years ago I decided to dust off the old NES and take on TMNT once more, but it caused the same self-destructive tendencies to arise once more, except this time multiplied because I felt like a failure for not being able to beat the game in my entire lifetime. FUCK THIS GAME.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 27th March 2008

Quote:Fuck that. Have you ever played that game? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the hardest, most frustrating games I have ever played in my entire life. Horrible memories that I have tried to suppress exist from my childhood where I would punch walls and throw the controller across the room and generally lose my mind, all because of this game. And I was only five years old and I never even liked the damn Ninja Turtles. The game is IMPOSSIBLE. A few years ago I decided to dust off the old NES and take on TMNT once more, but it caused the same self-destructive tendencies to arise once more, except this time multiplied because I felt like a failure for not being able to beat the game in my entire lifetime. FUCK THIS GAME.

Yeah, I had the DOS PC version, back when we had our 386 I think...

It let you save, so at least you didn't have to play it all in one sitting (and could perhaps retry things), but you still only had four turtles, and it's over when you lose them all...

I don't think I ever finished the second world. So, so hard!

But it was Ninja Turtles and I loved the Ninja Turtles (and it was the only Turtles game I owned for a long time... I wanted at least one of the three GB Turtles games, but never got one...), so I liked it anyway. Of course, I liked the arcade game (TMNT: The Arcade Game) a lot more, but I did enjoy TMNT 1 for NES/PC, I guess... even if I never got more than like a third of the way through the game. Without that license, though... yeah, it'd have been a lot worse. :D

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 27th March 2008

A Black Falcon Wrote:Yeah, I had the DOS PC version, back when we had our 386 I think...

It let you save, so at least you didn't have to play it all in one sitting (and could perhaps retry things), but you still only had four turtles, and it's over when you lose them all...

I don't think I ever finished the second world. So, so hard!

But it was Ninja Turtles and I loved the Ninja Turtles (and it was the only Turtles game I owned for a long time... I wanted at least one of the three GB Turtles games, but never got one...), so I liked it anyway. Of course, I liked the arcade game (TMNT: The Arcade Game) a lot more, but I did enjoy TMNT 1 for NES/PC, I guess... even if I never got more than like a third of the way through the game. Without that license, though... yeah, it'd have been a lot worse. :D

I think every kid of the early 90's was a fan of the ninja turtles,I remember drawing paintings in kindergarten of Raphael,Michelangelo,Leonardo,Donatello.

I played a snes game in 1997?

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - Dark Jaguar - 27th March 2008

Oh it just takes some practice is all. I've played it since I was a kid as well. The game really got tough around the "disarm all the underwater bombs" part, but eventually I got the place mapped out in my head.

I think it's like Zelda 2, in that if you've played it for as many years as it's been around, it isn't that hard.

Battletoads... Now that's a hard one. Even after all these years that game still gives me trouble. It's not the "normal" stages so much as the "ramp off things with a split second to time your jumps" levels. Also, the snake levels gave me some trouble. Oh, by "some trouble" I mean I have YET to beat that game.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - DMiller - 27th March 2008

Maybe I'm just not remembering the game well, but I never remember having much trouble with TMNT. I remember that disarming the underwater bombs was challenging but I never remember getting frustrated about it like other games (Battletoads is a great example). TMNT was one of the first NES games I remember beating.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 28th March 2008

*attempts to play game again, for some stupid reason*

*loses all four turtles before beating Rocksteady the first time*

... yeah, it's quite well known for being really hard.

Hmm... actually, I think the PC version is harder. That is thanks to the unconfigurable controls... enter to jump? What? Awful! (it also seems to run at a worse framerate... like the adlib sound and ega graphics, though. :)) I tried the NES one too and did a bit better. But still, it's hard. That dam level is infamous.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 8th April 2008

New video: Double Vision Part II, Colecovision!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32647.html

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - lazyfatbum - 9th April 2008

Nintendo invented the D-Pad.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 16th April 2008

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYptfLDyh4I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYptfLDyh4I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 16th April 2008

lazyfatbum Wrote:Nintendo invented the D-Pad.

Agreed. Only "The Intellivision circle was a dpad" people would disagree. :)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 22nd April 2008

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33161.html

Mario Bros. 3, The Wizard, and an interesting ending segment... :)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - Fittisize - 22nd April 2008

Since discovering him through this thread, I've watched every single AVGN video. He's fucking hysterical. And he's GOOD. My beer intake has also increased substantially since I became a fan of the AVGN. In fact, I'm drinking one right now. Heineken.

The new video is awesome.

This smilie is very appropriate...

:robot:

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - lazyfatbum - 22nd April 2008

Eat my shit. Eat my damn shit.

Shit eater.

*runs around with peach schnapps and coconut rum*

The new video IS awesome. I'm guessing the next one is going to be about all the old-school NES peripherals. If I had to choose a sequence of smilies to describe the latest video, it would go something like this:
:colbert: :shake: :cuss: :) :evilcube: :barf: :robot: Banana Type

The last two are me.

Do you have something against The Wizard, or am I misinterpreting those first three smilies?

See what I did theree is, see, I'm chronologically illustrating the video through the Nerd's perspective (except the last two, which are min). So uh, the first two are skepticism, the second anger (at The Wizard), the third happiness (at SMB3), demon, demon puking, super-Jesus. Honestly, could I have been any more clearer?

Oh, and I LOVE The Wizard. I was only a year old when it came out, but I somehow still have an emotional and nostalgic atachment to that film. It's probably because of Christian Slater.

He loved The Wizard too, obviously. He's right that most everyone watching the movie cared more about the products being (only occasionally) shown than the actual plot that was unfolding, of course, but that's the whole point of the movie. :)

Quote:the third happiness (at SMB3), demon, demon puking, super-Jesus.

That part was clear, it's just the first few that confused me.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 14th May 2008

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34014.html

The latest AGVN: NES Accessories (plus the Super Scope).

-Zapper
-SNES Super Scope
-Miracle Keyboard
-Power Pad
-plastic gamepad holder junk thing
-Roll n Rock board
-Laserscope
-U-Force

Awesome video... watch it! :)

(Next time: R.O.B.!)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - Fittisize - 14th May 2008

Awesome? Not quite. It was OKAY. Nothing too outlandeshly funny which is usually the norm for AVGN vids (is that an actual word, "outlandeshly?"). But I'm glad he didn't recycle his joke from the Power Glove episode, where he landed the plane in Top Gun. I almost called it quits, but the saving grace was that he still crashed.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 16th May 2008

The light Guncon was the most common accessory as they sold it in hardware bundles. The dog from duck hunt brings back memories of frustration and anger as the little fucker giggles if you miss, You can try shooting him but he is immune.

I don't know any other game besides Duck Hunt that used the guncon, Wolfeinstein 3d?

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 16th May 2008

On the NES? There were a few more. Gotcha!, Hogan's Alley, part of Bayou Billy... um... probably like 15-20 total. There's a list at gamefaqs I'm sure, there is for the Super Scope/SNES Mouse/SNES multitap.

But yeah, a lot of people just had Duck Hunt.

Quote:Awesome? Not quite. It was OKAY. Nothing too outlandeshly funny which is usually the norm for AVGN vids (is that an actual word, "outlandeshly?"). But I'm glad he didn't recycle his joke from the Power Glove episode, where he landed the plane in Top Gun. I almost called it quits, but the saving grace was that he still crashed.

Bah, yeah it was. It was interesting, funny, talked about a mixture of stuff... mostly junk, some worthwhile... Maybe it wasn't as outlandish as some of his videos, but I thought it was pretty good even so.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 20th May 2008

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34277.html

Three (and a half) Indiana Jones games. The 2600 game and two of the NES titles... mediocre, annoying NES platformers... blah, yeah, not exactly good games. Good video, but people who like the ones which are more outlandish might not like this one as much. Instead of randomly attacking Bugs Bunny, he does awesome stuff like drawing a map of the level, to try to understand how in the world they came up with such horrible collision detection... and failing. Awesome stuff. :) Trying to understand how that 2600 game would be playable without a guide is something too... though lots of older games did that stuff. The 2600 game is actually remembered as being really good for its time, it seems... and the ANN certainly doesn't attack it like he does the two NES games. He just explains how confusing and unintuitive it is. :)

He does praise the SNES game at the end, too. I hadn't known/remembered that Factor 5 did a SNES Indy platformer using the Super Star Wars engine...

(Though Fate of Atlantis is of course the best Indiana Jones game ever, as anyone who has ever played the game knows)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 29th May 2008

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ER-CyEBjIxA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ER-CyEBjIxA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

New james Rolfe video

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 29th May 2008

I mostly agree, but while I have some, I have a lot less nostalgia for the first three (just saw them on video in the '90s, not in theaters), so I don't completely agree with that part. As to 'let it go'... I don't know, it it was good, I wouldn't mind more. :)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 11th June 2008

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_C0Jaz3kQM&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_C0Jaz3kQM&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He is back!!

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 11th June 2008

It's okay, but why 25th Anniversary (which is actually a somewhat disguised graphic adventure, as watching that video makes clear) and not one of the TRULY bad ones, like Starfleet Academy for SNES or Sega CD, or some of those other ones he passed over... 25th Anniversary is a graphic adventure. That explains away most of his complaints.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 26th June 2008

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iaghz7Cav9E&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iaghz7Cav9E&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yahoo! Its out!

James is god!

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 27th June 2008

Carrot Banana :far-out:

Superman 64 next... but we all know about how bad that one is, these ones were lesser known. Great video as usual. :)

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 27th June 2008

A Black Falcon Wrote:Carrot Banana :far-out:

Superman 64 next... but we all know about how bad that one is, these ones were lesser known. Great video as usual. :)

Ive read that it is pretty infamously horrible to record levels. bad controls, Shit graphics,weak story, Frustrating learning curve.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - A Black Falcon - 27th June 2008

Indeed... I haven't played it myself, though.

Atari Chainsaw masacre 1983 - alien space marine - 2nd July 2008

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4apAVJs7d6U&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4apAVJs7d6U&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

New cinemasacre video