Tendo City
What's wrong with TC? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: What's wrong with TC? (/showthread.php?tid=465)

What's wrong with TC? - OB1 - 27th March 2003

I keep on getting this error whenever I come here, and it's not my computer because I had the same problem at work. Every other page I go to gets fucked up and I have to refresh a hundred times to get the page to load. So... you gonna fix it, Welly?

What's wrong with TC? - A Black Falcon - 27th March 2003

Yes, please do. These huge numbers of 'database errors' almost every time I click on a thread or post or button are EXTREMELY annoying...

What's wrong with TC? - Dark Jaguar - 27th March 2003

I'm getting it too. The error message says it's a result of too many connections. Seems TWO extra people coming here pushed our tiny board over the edge :D. Really though, what's up?

What's wrong with TC? - CartoonDevil - 27th March 2003

It hasn't happened to me today, but the past two days, practically all I got was the error screen.

What's wrong with TC? - Weltall - 27th March 2003

I don't know what to say... I've been gone for a week, and since I've been back, I've seen nothing out of the ordinary :S

What's wrong with TC? - Weltall - 27th March 2003

Never mind, I'm getting it now too.

Too many connections... I don't know databases that much but I do have an idea as to why this is happening. I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, since we have so many admins here, you guys can make yourselves useful. Go into the admin controlpanel and backup the database to your PCs... just in case, you know how bad our luck's been lately. The option to back up is in the main set of options in the left frame.

What's wrong with TC? - A Black Falcon - 27th March 2003

Almost every time I click on anything I get that error screen (since this evening)... I have to constantly hit refresh (many times) and eventually it'll load -- except for posts. To post I have to constantly press back and then post again so the postdata isn't lost... its ANNOYING!

For example for this post I've had to hit back and then post again 15 times. And then more times to get the thread to load again. NOT fun.

Quote:Warning: Too many connections in /var/www/domains/tcforums.com/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /var/www/domains/tcforums.com/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

What's wrong with TC? - Private Hudson - 28th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Almost every time I click on anything I get that error screen (since this evening)... I have to constantly hit refresh (many times) and eventually it'll load -- except for posts. To post I have to constantly press back and then post again so the postdata isn't lost... its ANNOYING!

For example for this post I've had to hit back and then post again 15 times. And then more times to get the thread to load again. NOT fun.

Just hit refresh and resend the data.

What's wrong with TC? - A Black Falcon - 28th March 2003

Yeah, I eventually figured out that works too... you just have to click 'ok' on a dialog box after bitting refresh...

Oh, and has the problem been fixed? Looks like it... good?

What's wrong with TC? - Darunia - 28th March 2003

I haven't been having any more errors for a few days, dare I assume Weltall fixed it ?

What's wrong with TC? - Weltall - 28th March 2003

The crisis appears to be over. Here's the letter I got from SiteTurn:

Hello

One of the users on the server was using an inefficient PHP code which was not disconnecting from the MySQL server properly. As a result you may have received the 'too many mysql connections' error, intermittently. We have suspended this user from the server at this time. Please let us know if you should encounter any other issues. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for choosing SiteTurn Networks!

SiteTurn Networks
Customer Support
support@siteturn.com

That, as they say, is that. :)

You know though, every single time you guys hit Refresh, and got that error screen again, it sent me an email. My inbox is flooded with over 1,800 messages that I can only delete 5 at a time Mad

What's wrong with TC? - OB1 - 28th March 2003

Haha, oh man... I was worried that would happen.

What's wrong with TC? - A Black Falcon - 28th March 2003

1800? Cool...

But why can you delete just 5 at a time? Seems small...

What's wrong with TC? - Weltall - 29th March 2003

I use Tendo City's email, and errors are reported to it. Unfortunately, the webmail program is very limited in application. Basically it does nothing except send and recieve email. It's basic but it serves my purposes. I do wish you could do mass deletes though...

What's wrong with TC? - Great Rumbler - 29th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Weltall
You know though, every single time you guys hit Refresh, and got that error screen again, it sent me an email. My inbox is flooded with over 1,800 messages that I can only delete 5 at a time Mad

Heh heh, whoops. :D

What's wrong with TC? - alien space marine - 29th March 2003

Id look for a mass deletion button if I were you.

What's wrong with TC? - Dark Lord Neo - 30th March 2003

1800 e-mails that would suck
My dad told me about the time he had aroudn 3000 e-mails in his inbox one day, he missed a day of work which happened to be the day that Ann Kornicova or whatever her name is virus was going around and since everyone at his workplace is in everyone elses adress book everyone got the e-mail from everyone, then they got and equal number of e-mails from the server sayign that a virus had been detected in their e-mail and not to open it

What's wrong with TC? - A Black Falcon - 31st March 2003

Umm... what's with the forum names/descriptions...

Ack! Fix it!

What's wrong with TC? - Laser Link - 31st March 2003

Oh no. Please no.

What's wrong with TC? - Dark Jaguar - 31st March 2003

:D This ought to be good...

What's wrong with TC? - Dark Lord Neo - 31st March 2003

Oh No Ice 9 Is back

It's April 1st
Rember last year?

No, I forget...

And April 1 or not its REALLY ANNOYING!

What's wrong with TC? - Dark Lord Neo - 31st March 2003

The first thing I though was, "Oh it must be April Fools," Then I though "no it's still March it can't be April Fools," then I thought "Wait TC is in another timezone," then I though "I better go and wish my grandparents a happy aniversary and my friend a happy birthday," then I though that maybe I shouldn't wake my friend and that it's still yesterday where my grandparents are, but then when you take into consideration that they were married in the eastern time zone maybe it is there aniversary already, but then again since they moved to pacific maybe there aniversary is really now somewhere in between the two time zones, but then again...

What's wrong with TC? - Great Rumbler - 1st April 2003

I fell for the one last year with Ice-9 and I think I fell for all the other one's that we had. I was fooled for a moment, but then I remembered what day it was.

What's wrong with TC? - A Black Falcon - 1st April 2003

Its gone... *breathes sigh or relief*