Tendo City
I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: I got a letter in the Insider mailbox (/showthread.php?tid=463)

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - OB1 - 26th March 2003

And I was hinting at Fran about Tendo City, in case he forgot about this little place (although if he ever wanted to come here he couldn't since we don't have tendocity.net... *cough*Weltall*cough*). I thought you guy might enjoy it:

Quote:Soul Calibur Movie

Hi FM3 (ahem), just wanted to let you know that there is already a SC movie in the works. Sammo Hung (awesome martial arts star who has done a hundred incredible MA movies over there.. so don't give me any Martial Law crap) is going to direct and uh... that's all that's really known so far. If it ever gets made it should be pretty cool. Sammo is the kung fu cinema king.
-OB1 from Tendo City

Fran responds: My arcade initials FM3, eh? I haven't heard that in a while.

Anyhow, now that you mention it I think I remember this being announced. Boy-o is it tough to remember all this stuff. On the positive side of things, I'm pretty excited to see if it turns out. Sword fighting, quite simply, is rad.

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - A Black Falcon - 26th March 2003

Huh. Somehow I doubt he got your point there... :)

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - OB1 - 26th March 2003

This was also in the same mailbox, and I thought it might be an interesting read for some of you:

Quote:Fire Emblem

After reading Peer's hands-on with Fire Emblem GBA about a year ago, I've been waiting to hear more about a North American release. Now I'm hearing about a sequel on the GBA and a Cube version to boot in Japan. Any word on NOA's plans for this series?
-- Gunnar

Peer responds: "Puzzling" is the word that best describes NOA's stance on releasing the game over here. I believe Advance Wars -- with little to no promotion -- sold almost 400,000 units on GBA. And it came out at a time where the platform was still new and the installed base low. Here we have an unknown game selling quite well and moreover, buyers loved it. Fire Emblem: Nintendo's (in Japan) popular RPG strategy game series. It's basically Advance Wars set in a medieval RPG setting. With games like Golden Sun and Link to the Past selling well on GBA, I've got to believe that this title would perform in the US. Even worse, until recently there has been little movement in the RPG genre on GBA. Nintendo is doing its GBA userbase a great disservice by not bringing Fire Emblem to the US. (Initially, the company said that it was confident it would debut the series over here, but now it's all forgotten).

The only hope I have is that Nintendo wants to debut the GBA and GameCube Emblems simultaneously in the US to get more marketing for the buck -- but sadly, nobody's talking at NOA. I'd recommend importing the Japanese game, but it's got oodles of text so you'll definitely miss a lot if you don't read Japanese.

That's my theory as well. The "release the GBA and GC ones at the same time" one.

I just hope the damn game comes over here.

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - A Black Falcon - 26th March 2003

Nintendo not releasing that game here is just so odd... what in the world is wrong with them? I sure hope it comes out here... it'd sell well for sure...

Oh, and you want to bet that Fran didn't even remember us?

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - OB1 - 27th March 2003

Beh.

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Dark Jaguar - 27th March 2003

Did he leave before or after the lovely cow?

If it was after, a mention of that, calling him a 12 year old boy, saying Link should use lasers, cats are crazy, and if the arse is golden, it's reaking of power, should be plenty enough to remind him of SOMETHING. If not that, time for the ninja squad...

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - A Black Falcon - 27th March 2003

Maybe when he got to work for big important IGN they wiped his memory any silly little sites he might have gone to before to keep him from giving out secrets or something...

Or more likely he just didn't care anymore and over a couple of years forgot? Because based on that response to calling him FM3 it didn't seem to ignite a spark of recognition...

And anyway if he DID recognize what you meant he'd never find us because of how well the site is currently hidden from anyone ever finding where we are...

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Dark Jaguar - 27th March 2003

It's all a CONSPIRACY from the highest levels of government!

*huge mission takes place, with the end result being the dismantelling of a bipedal walking nuclear capable tank or two and 30 hours of talking via codec*

Well, finally we can run our own destiny, without any scripting by higher powers who think they can run us better.

*meanwhile on the other side of a watching moniter*

Everything went according to plan sir. It's all perfectly orcistrated, Mr. President.

Perfect, they don't suspect a thing. Now to initiate the next part.

Those fools have no idea what's really going on. Mwahahaha

TC member: What's this karp?

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Laser Link - 27th March 2003

He left long before the days of the cow. It was probably around early 2000 or so. It just seems like he was there longer because of the "Countdown to Dolphin Information" thread he started.

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Great Rumbler - 27th March 2003

*meanwhile somewhere on the South Jersey shore*

President of IGN: Now, Fran, what are the names of some of the sites you visite before coming to work at IGN?

Fran: ...I don't remember.

President of IGN: Ex-cellent. :evil:

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - OB1 - 27th March 2003

my name iz...

Shake-zula
the mic rulah
the old schoolah
you wanna trip,
I'll bring it to ya
Frylock and I'm on top
rock you like a cop
Meatwad you're up next
with your knock-knock
Meatwad make the money see
Meatwad get the honeys G
Drivin in my car,
livin' like a star
Ice on my fingers and my toes
and I'm a Taurus

ha ha, check it, uh, check-check it, yeah

'cuz we are tha Aqua Teenz
make the homeys say ho
'n the girlies wanna scream
'cuz we are tha Aqua Teenz
make the homeys say ho
'n the girlies wanna scream
yeah

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
numba one in tha hood, G

sorry.

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Great Rumbler - 27th March 2003

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is one of the funniest shows on CN.

"He said things to me like 'Go away', 'Shut up', and 'I'll cut you'."

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - OB1 - 31st March 2003

Indeed it is.

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Great Rumbler - 31st March 2003

That beam came from space. You don't own space, so quit acting like you do.

Oh look, what is that over there? Melt-Disney Land!

Haha, I love that episode. They aired it last night.

It was also a great surprise to see SGC2C return, even if it was a rerun. I hope they make new episodes...

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - A Black Falcon - 31st March 2003

Well here's someone called FM3.

The question is... real, or is this like the recent TheBiggah or that old fake Stealth? :)

And if it was really him... how in the world would he find us? I don't know of anywhere where the site is listed except the EZBoard...

I sent him the new url last week.

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - A Black Falcon - 31st March 2003

Ah. But I still doubt its him...

Sure.

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - A Black Falcon - 1st April 2003

We don't exactly get many people who left who then post again... one of the few success stories is when we got DJ to come back...

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - OB1 - 1st April 2003

Haha, funny you should call that a success. :p j/k, DJ.

I don't recall what happened with that. Care to refresh my memory?

He left for a month, or two, or more... I don't remember how long but he did leave for some time, then someone messaged him and got him to come back...

The other people I can think of who left (picachu159, biggah, lord shockwave, stealth...and FM3 here...) all haven't returned to posting...

Meh, I'm glad that those guys are gone, aside from Shockwave. It'd be nice if he came back. It would also be great if Smoke posted more than once every few months.

LS is on MSN... but doesn't talk much... Smoke is on MSN and does talk (me, smoke, and dj are talking on msn now)...

And I'd love to see Smoke post more and see LS return... I don't know about thebiggah... he'd just get mad again...

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Dark Jaguar - 1st April 2003

What ARE you talking about? All those guys are GREAT! I'm talking the REAL stealth now, not that faker who showed up and become a troll for a while. Oh, and the true stealth sometimes shows up on MSN. Nice chap, but he doesn't want to come back.

I can't believe I forgot someone... how about Soul Reaver?

I got a letter in the Insider mailbox - Great Rumbler - 1st April 2003

Yeah, he hasn't been here in a while. Most of the forums he goes to now are DVD forums. I'm not sure why he stopped coming here.

Hey uh, wasn't there a thread here about your house catching on fire? Where did it go?

Quote:Nice chap, but he doesn't want to come back.

That seems to be where Stealth, Lord Shockwave, and TheBiggah all are... in IM but refusing to post again...

What, someone's seen Soul Reaver at all recently? He sure hasn't been HERE anytime recently...

I have no idea what you're talking about, OB1. ;)

That was a joke? I thought you were being serious. Erm

But its April 1... you took 'news' seriously?

When it's something that serious, yeah.

A lot of people thought that the recent news of the famous Hong Kong actor and singer Leslie Cheung's suicide was just a stupid april fool's prank, but it was unfortunately not.

I figured the whole do something wild crazy thing had been done way too many times, it's just not believable anymore! So I went with something serious, then in a stroke of genius I deleted the thread and acted like that thread had never been posted. Admit you were freaked out. You were probably all like "Whoah, man, that thread is totally gone! Must be poultry-geists!!". :p

Actually I didn't notice it was gone until OB1 mentioned that...

That's cold, man. :p

Why? Its true...

I wasn't completely sure it was fake, actually... thought it was given the date, but wasn't sure...