Tendo City
The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread (/showthread.php?tid=458)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - OB1 - 12th June 2003

You lose this argument because you refuse to do the research to prove your own point. Argument over. I win.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Darunia - 12th June 2003

Since when can one declare his own victory? If you can do it, so can I. You lose because you're an arrogant dickhead. Argument, over, I WIN.

More seriously, though... Ocarina is bigger. Others here have agreed with me. You have no where to run with this. You can't prove what you claim is true.

Others? Like who? Your teddy bear?

I did the research. I spent a long time checking to see which one is bigger, and WW definitely came out on top. You did not, so you fucking lose this argument! I don't give a damn if you believe me or not. I'm right. You can debate me as soon as you do the same research that I did. But until then, don't try to argue with the big boys.

Rolleyes

Well, that was a very compelling argument...your last few posts have all been platinum-quality debates. Basically they all boil down to the story of your life... "I'm right, you're wrong. Why? Because I said so." Your research...hah! We both know damn well you didn't waste a whole afternoon walking around all 40+ islands and the perimeters of all of Hyrule. You're not THAT big of a loser....I don't think. But then again, you have 13,000+ posts at a videogame site. You must have the girls chasing you.

It only took me about an hour to run around the areas in WW and OoT. You see Darunia, I actually do research to prove my points in arguments. You use blind speculation, which is why you always lose them.

Lose...? I won the Zelda Enemies debate...which you stubbornly refused to recognize. Research is only valuable when you can show it. I can say I walked around WW and OOT too...and it means no more than what you said. You find some way of tangibly proving to me what you claim and I'll concede to you. Until then, piss off.

First of all, you did not win that debate. I proved that the number of enemies between the two games is very comparable. Your argument was that there are dozens of more enemies in OoT than in WW. You were proven wrong.

Secondly, the difference between my word and your word is that I actually believe very strongly in honesty. You of course do not which is why you have a difficult time believing anyone.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Sacred Jellybean - 12th June 2003

I don't see how you could sail to and walk through every single isle in Wind Waker within an hour... :erm2:

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - CartoonDevil - 12th June 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
It only took me about an hour to run around the areas in WW and OoT. You see Darunia, I actually do research to prove my points in arguments. You use blind speculation, which is why you always lose them.

This from the guy who called me petty for spending 30 minutes searching the forums and internet about TheBiggah. How inconsistent can you get?

Sailing doesn't take much time at all as long as you use the warps and baton efficiently. It seems to take a long time when you're playing the game and exploring and stuff. If you're rushing through the game just to run all around it doesn't take as long as one might think. Try it yourself!

Quote:Originally posted by CartoonDevil
This from the guy who called me petty for spending 30 minutes searching the forums and internet about TheBiggah. How inconsistent can you get?

What you did was petty because the only purpose of it was to try to dig up some "dirt" on me or whatever. I research the topics that I argue about, not the people. If you have to resort to personal attacks then you know you've lost the argument.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - A Black Falcon - 12th June 2003

How about we say that they are very close, and deciding absolutely which is larger would be really hard (walking around them isn't enough... unless you make scale maps of all 40+ islands on the same scale. Which would take an absurd amount of time to do accurately enough to be able to even begin to compare it with OoT.

Then, which ones count? Just overworld? Or do the towns in OoT count too? What about other areas? Or do just the dungeons (and mini-dungeons), underground fountains, etc. not count?

As for enemies, in number of types it does seem fairly close, but I think OoT has more. Remembering that argument, I think the lists showed that (when you ignore bosses and multiple types of the same enemy) OoT had more of them... but it was in the same ballpark. But I must agree with Darunia that you fight the same ones over and over in WW a lot more than you do in OoT... it would be nice to see more variety. Sure, the fact that more are more challenging (real fights) is nice, but how about more types of them? And the other types repeat too... not ALL the time or anything (in the first dungeon, there is just one of the guards...), but the same enemy types are frequent. Of course in some parts that's excusable -- like in the ocean its all the cannon-boats, sharks, and squid guys... but OoT just had skeletons and those windmill creatures in Hyrule Field so that's not so different. Its just how many varieties of Moblins (and the slime things) you fight that gets a bit tiring... not OH THIS MAKES THE GAME BAD tiring, but just makes me with for a bit more variety. I understand Darunia's complaint, but don't agree with its level of annoyance. :)

*sigh*

What a depressing, insulting day.

I hope you're referring to OB1 and not me...

Yeah Darunia of all people is complaining about being insulted. Oh boy... Rolleyes

And of course you fight the same enemies more frequently in WW than in OoT. You fight at least ten times more often in WW than you did in OoT. That was my biggest complaint with OoT, the fighting was too infrequent.

Ten times is quite definitely an exaggeration... :)

But yes, it is more. As I have said. There are definitely more enemies, which excuses it somewhat. But still...

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Darunia - 13th June 2003

Again with his insulting, patronizing rolling-of-the-eyes. Rolleyes

If you want to fight legions of identical baddies play Doom. OoT didn't have as much combat, but what it had was more strategically placed. I'd rather fight the three skeleton warriors towards the end of the Forest Temple in succession than a room full of...well...you know whats.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - OB1 - 13th June 2003

Strategically placed?? Now you're just reaching. There were very few stalfos encounters in the game, and none of them were a big deal. There has always been a lot of fighting in Zelda games (with fighting the same baddies over and over), it's just that you only started playing the series with OoT so your view of what makes something a Zelda game is extremely limited.

ABF: Actually if you're talking about sword-to-sword fighting parts, it's more around one hundred times more frequent in WW. Sword duels were very rare in OoT. Hell, there are more sword duels in just one of those mini-dungeons in WW (one of the places you get a triforce shard from) than all of OoT combined. And no that's not an exagerration. The mini-"dungeon" I'm talking about consists of dozens and dozens of small rooms where all you do is fight, fight, fight. It's not a dungeon, but it's underground so I don't know what else to call it.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - CartoonDevil - 13th June 2003

What you did was petty because the only purpose of it was to try to dig up some "dirt" on me or whatever. I research the topics that I argue about, not the people. If you have to resort to personal attacks then you know you've lost the argument.

You're so full of yourself. I wasn't digging up dirt on you, I wasn't even attacking you personally, just your arrogance about never being wrong (as is evidence ONCE AGAIN in this thread). You're still more petty for wasting time "researching" this point than I ever was for researching an ex-poster.

Hell, there are more sword duels in just one of those mini-dungeons in WW (one of the places you get a triforce shard from) than all of OoT combined. And no that's not an exagerration. The mini-"dungeon" I'm talking about consists of dozens and dozens of small rooms where all you do is fight, fight, fight. It's not a dungeon, but it's underground so I don't know what else to call it.

Yeah, because the fact that almost all those mini-dungeons were EXACLTY THE SAME!!! Hows that for repetitiveness?

-Walk into hole, walk into 4 different rooms and defeat a few enemies, walk into central room, defeat a few "tough" (not hard at all) guys, walk through unlocked door, play wind waker, collect meaningless junk. Repeat six times.

Find the triforce pieces was a waste of time and a chore.

Quote:You're so full of yourself. I wasn't digging up dirt on you, I wasn't even attacking you personally, just your arrogance about never being wrong (as is evidence ONCE AGAIN in this thread). You're still more petty for wasting time "researching" this point than I ever was for researching an ex-poster.

Oh please. You've done your best to try to insult me with almost every one of your posts, failing each and every time. Give it up, troll. Your tactics have failed.

Quote:Yeah, because the fact that almost all those mini-dungeons were EXACLTY THE SAME!!! Hows that for repetitiveness?

-Walk into hole, walk into 4 different rooms and defeat a few enemies, walk into central room, defeat a few "tough" (not hard at all) guys, walk through unlocked door, play wind waker, collect meaningless junk. Repeat six times.

Find the triforce pieces was a waste of time and a chore.

First of all, those aren't actually mini-dungeons. I just couldn't come up with a better word for them. They are extras, and finding all of the triforce shards was pretty fast and easy. At least for me it was.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Sacred Jellybean - 13th June 2003

Technically, they aren't extras, since going through them is required to complete the game.

I thought they were fun, though.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - A Black Falcon - 13th June 2003

I would rather fight the four lizardmen you duel in Dodongo Cavern in OoT then the dozens of moblins I'm killing right now in the return to the Forbidden Fortress. No question. Fighting similar enemies over and over DOES get tiring... and none of those Moblins have ever killed me.

Last time I played OoT I lost a life to the Lizardmen. And the game makes it dramatic when you fight them... as opposed to the pedestrian repetition of the moblins.

Strategically placed? In many cases, yes.

Since this is primarially an opinion debate, of course, Ob1's not WRONG to say that this doesn't bother him. He's just wrong to say that it shouldn't bother anyone. :)

So you prefer fighting a small handful of enemies to tons of them all at once? Now that's just crazy talk.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

no matter how stupid they are .. :p

I prefer to fight a smaller number of more challenging, more strategically placed enemies... like OoT.

The funny thing about that is that they were neither challenging nor strategically placed. Sword duels are the best part of the 3D Zeldas!

The funny thing about that is that they were neither challenging nor strategically placed. Sword duels are the best part of the 3D Zeldas!

Oh please. You've done your best to try to insult me with almost every one of your posts, failing each and every time. Give it up, troll. Your tactics have failed.

Again, your ego is clouding the issue, and saying "every" post is an OBVIOUS exaggeration.

Quote:First of all, those aren't actually mini-dungeons. I just couldn't come up with a better word for them. They are extras, and finding all of the triforce shards was pretty fast and easy. At least for me it was. [/B]

They were mini-dungeons in the way a mini-boss is a mini-boss. I didn't say they were hard, I said they were repetitive, and stupid. Dumbass.

I would rather fight the four lizardmen you duel in Dodongo Cavern in OoT then the dozens of moblins I'm killing right now in the return to the Forbidden Fortress. No question. Fighting similar enemies over and over DOES get tiring... and none of those Moblins have ever killed me.

Strike up one for the Goron!:) ABF and I feel the exact same way on WW, and CD & I feel the exact same way on OB1. Feel the love in here.

Honestly, I prefer fighting the enemies without swords as the main force... not that sword duels aren't fun sometimes (as they are, from OoT's nicely spaced ones), but that it gets tiring fighting so many enemies that require a slower, more tactical fight... THAT GOES THE SAME WAY EVERY TIME! It has little variation, really... you try to hit forward, they block. So you hit them from behind or do the jump-attack and hit them, then hit B some and kill them. Fun the first few times? Yes! But tiring when you fight so many of them... especially with NO SENSE OF DANGER. Okay... not NO, but almost no. So far in WW I've been at half a heart TWICE. And the first time I had a faerie... and the second one a healing potion which I then used. Wow, how hard. Its really more about that... I don't totally hate all the Moblin duels, like Darunia... it just stupid when there are SO MANY of them and the challenge is SO LOW! Say what you will about OoT, but for me anyway it was a relatively challenging game, and the sword fights (in their rarity) were fun and often hard. I died a lot in that game... 80 by the time I finished it. And on my third time though the game I still died at those lizardmen...

But WW? Lets take the submarine I cleared... I haven't been to those triforce-dungeons yet, but that was a one room dungeon where I had to fight a series of moblins. It got very old after the first couple of them... I was happy when it was over. I never had any chance of losing... it just got boring!

Quote:Again, your ego is clouding the issue, and saying "every" post is an OBVIOUS exaggeration.

95% of your posts are trolling posts!

Quote:They were mini-dungeons in the way a mini-boss is a mini-boss. I didn't say they were hard, I said they were repetitive, and stupid. Dumbass.

There were about five of them, dickhead.

Quote:Strike up one for the Goron! ABF and I feel the exact same way on WW, and CD & I feel the exact same way on OB1. Feel the love in here.

Ooh, the guy who like Quest 64 more than Metroid Prime and the guy who hates RPGs and Majora's Mask share the same opinion on something. And then you form an alliance with the resident troll! Congrats! Rolleyes

Quote:Honestly, I prefer fighting the enemies without swords as the main force... not that sword duels aren't fun sometimes (as they are, from OoT's nicely spaced ones), but that it gets tiring fighting so many enemies that require a slower, more tactical fight... THAT GOES THE SAME WAY EVERY TIME! It has little variation, really... you try to hit forward, they block. So you hit them from behind or do the jump-attack and hit them, then hit B some and kill them. Fun the first few times? Yes! But tiring when you fight so many of them... especially with NO SENSE OF DANGER. Okay... not NO, but almost no. So far in WW I've been at half a heart TWICE. And the first time I had a faerie... and the second one a healing potion which I then used. Wow, how hard. Its really more about that... I don't totally hate all the Moblin duels, like Darunia... it just stupid when there are SO MANY of them and the challenge is SO LOW! Say what you will about OoT, but for me anyway it was a relatively challenging game, and the sword fights (in their rarity) were fun and often hard. I died a lot in that game... 80 by the time I finished it. And on my third time though the game I still died at those lizardmen...

But WW? Lets take the submarine I cleared... I haven't been to those triforce-dungeons yet, but that was a one room dungeon where I had to fight a series of moblins. It got very old after the first couple of them... I was happy when it was over. I never had any chance of losing... it just got boring!

Yes the fact that they do so little damage sucks, but I never died from fighting a lizard guy or a stalfos in OoT so that wasn't any better. And the fights in OoT are "nicely spaced"? You're nuts! There were maybe a dozen real sword duels in the entire game! That's terrible! And sure the WW fighting system is not as complex as Soul Calibur's (which it shouldn't be), but it is much more complex and fun than the combat system in OoT. Fighting so many enemies is a crapload of fun, but I'm not surprised that you didn't enjoy it.

Well I was killed by Lizardmen and Stalfos... not just once or anything either. Until playing WW I'd never beaten a Zelda dungeon without dying on my first try... not even close!

Honestly, I probably died closer to 90 times then 80...

And if Stalfos count there are far, far more then 12 sword fights in OoT. :)

As for multiple enemies... its alright, and is more interesting than fighting one because of how you have to watch out for the other guy, but once you know how to kill the guys you really can take them down fast...

spin attack/jump/ run behind and hit - kill. Repeat... clearing the underwater castle, for instance, got tedious as I killed so many of them.

95% of your posts are trolling posts!

Ah, more of OB1's famous, well-backed up research. I suppose you have books of surveys and calculations to support that too.

Ooh, the guy who like Quest 64 more than Metroid Prime and the guy who hates RPGs and Majora's Mask share the same opinion on something. And then you form an alliance with the resident troll! Congrats!

So, anyone of any opinion in anyway different from your own is to be mocked as inferior. I never said Quest was a better game than Metroid, I just enjoyed it more. No two people are the same. He hates Majora...? Who cares! You act like EVERYONE loved it...although I did LOVE it myself, I don't see why you're acting like he's an outcast because of it. Resident Troll....(?)

I don't totally hate all the Moblin duels, like Darunia...

Sigh, I'm never going to live that down.

Blasphemy, you take that back! Using one enemy without end for no reason is a good thing! So immature. You suck, and your taste in games sucks. You're blind and stupid if you don't like fighting moblins 24/7 in WW.

Quote:Blasphemy, you take that back! Using one enemy without end for no reason is a good thing! So immature. You suck, and your taste in games sucks. You're blind and stupid if you don't like fighting moblins 24/7 in WW.

Oh, sorry... I forgot... I see it now! I was so wrong!

Quote:Sigh, I'm never going to live that down.

Nope. :)

Quote:Well I was killed by Lizardmen and Stalfos... not just once or anything either. Until playing WW I'd never beaten a Zelda dungeon without dying on my first try... not even close!

Honestly, I probably died closer to 90 times then 80...

And if Stalfos count there are far, far more then 12 sword fights in OoT.

There were very few Stalfos encounters. I'll get a real number the next time I play through the game.

Quote:As for multiple enemies... its alright, and is more interesting than fighting one because of how you have to watch out for the other guy, but once you know how to kill the guys you really can take them down fast...

spin attack/jump/ run behind and hit - kill. Repeat... clearing the underwater castle, for instance, got tedious as I killed so many of them.

Oh so with WW you want a super-complex fighting system but OoT gets away with even simpler fighting and very few enemy encounters? Good grief.

Quote:Ah, more of OB1's famous, well-backed up research. I suppose you have books of surveys and calculations to support that too.

:stupid:

Quote:So, anyone of any opinion in anyway different from your own is to be mocked as inferior. I never said Quest was a better game than Metroid, I just enjoyed it more. No two people are the same. He hates Majora...? Who cares! You act like EVERYONE loved it...although I did LOVE it myself, I don't see why you're acting like he's an outcast because of it. Resident Troll....(?)

I never actually said that was a bad thing. I was just pointing out those little facts.

Quote:Blasphemy, you take that back! Using one enemy without end for no reason is a good thing! So immature. You suck, and your taste in games sucks. You're blind and stupid if you don't like fighting moblins 24/7 in WW.

*clap clap clap clap*

You're gonna be a star, Darunia! A star!

Quote:There were very few Stalfos encounters. I'll get a real number the next time I play through the game.

Dodongo Cavern has two pairs of Lizardmen and a pair of Stalfos. I don't know about the rest of the game, but I somehow doubt that the rest of it has 9 fights vs sword-carrying enemies... especially considering that you fight like 4 or 5 in the Gerudo part rescuing the carpenters...

Quote:Oh so with WW you want a super-complex fighting system but OoT gets away with even simpler fighting and very few enemy encounters? Good grief.

No, I like how WW added to OoT's combat system. I just find fighting the sword/spear enemies tiring when you fight so many of them... its easier and more fun when you aren't so limited strategically as you are when fighting them. :)

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - CartoonDevil - 14th June 2003

I think OB1 may actually be feeling threatened. Instead of insulting and abusing one opposing viewpoint in this thread, he's taken on more than he can handle by doing it to three people.

His arguments are getting more personal and less about Wind Waker. Methinks the ogre has an inferiority complex and can't afford to appear to be wrong.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - OB1 - 14th June 2003

Quote:Dodongo Cavern has two pairs of Lizardmen and a pair of Stalfos. I don't know about the rest of the game, but I somehow doubt that the rest of it has 9 fights vs sword-carrying enemies... especially considering that you fight like 4 or 5 in the Gerudo part rescuing the carpenters...

Are you trying to act as dumb as Darunia on purpose? Of course it's not exactly 12. That was a rough estimate. Which is why I said "maybe a dozen or so".

Quote:No, I like how WW added to OoT's combat system. I just find fighting the sword/spear enemies tiring when you fight so many of them... its easier and more fun when you aren't so limited strategically as you are when fighting them.

Oh so now you're using the strategy card. The guy who loves Serious Sam, Ikaruga, and a hundred other mindless beat-em-ups and shooters is crying out for strategy with a battle system. This is why I always call you a hypocrite, ABF. Name one Zelda game that ever had real strategy to its fighting system. The correct answer is "none". WW has the deepest fighting system of them all. It's not The Mark of Kri, but for a Zelda game it's deep.

Quote:I think OB1 may actually be feeling threatened. Instead of insulting and abusing one opposing viewpoint in this thread, he's taken on more than he can handle by doing it to three people.

His arguments are getting more personal and less about Wind Waker. Methinks the ogre has an inferiority complex and can't afford to appear to be wrong.

I'm getting mre personal now? I only call someone a name if they do the same to me. And the only person I'm actually arguing with is ABF. Darunia is no challenge and you're just trolling.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - A Black Falcon - 14th June 2003

Quote:Are you trying to act as dumb as Darunia on purpose? Of course it's not exactly 12. That was a rough estimate. Which is why I said "maybe a dozen or so".
'

The point is that its WAY, WAY over 12. Maybe 12 in the first quarter to third of the game, but not in the whole thing... that's absurd.

Quote:Oh so now you're using the strategy card. The guy who loves Serious Sam, Ikaruga, and a hundred other mindless beat-em-ups and shooters is crying out for strategy with a battle system. This is why I always call you a hypocrite, ABF. Name one Zelda game that ever had real strategy to its fighting system. The correct answer is "none". WW has the deepest fighting system of them all. It's not The Mark of Kri, but for a Zelda game it's deep.

Oh please. First, this has nothing to do with what I was saying, really...

Yes, WW has the deepest sword combat system in the series. That is true. It takes OoT's and improves it.

But that's not the complaint. I like the combat system.

I'm complaining about how you have to fight so many guys with sword/shield/spear... a few? Great! Its fun to sometimes have a more challenging fight! But so many (and more and more as you get farther into the game -- the first dungeon had just one true Moblin in it, but by the Tower of the Gods there were lots of guys like them... and then the Moblin-filled mini dungeons...)! It gets a bit old. Its never awful... it just gets tiring to fight so many of them over and over. Overhead hit, swing, kill, repeat, Zzzz...

Quote:The point is that its WAY, WAY over 12. Maybe 12 in the first quarter to third of the game, but not in the whole thing... that's absurd.

It really isn't. There are very few Stalfos encounters in the game. The next time you play through OoT count for yourself. The point is actually that there are WAY, WAY fewer sword duels in OoT than in WW.

Quote:Oh please. First, this has nothing to do with what I was saying, really...

Yes, WW has the deepest sword combat system in the series. That is true. It takes OoT's and improves it.

But that's not the complaint. I like the combat system.

I'm complaining about how you have to fight so many guys with sword/shield/spear... a few? Great! Its fun to sometimes have a more challenging fight! But so many (and more and more as you get farther into the game -- the first dungeon had just one true Moblin in it, but by the Tower of the Gods there were lots of guys like them... and then the Moblin-filled mini dungeons...)! It gets a bit old. Its never awful... it just gets tiring to fight so many of them over and over. Overhead hit, swing, kill, repeat, Zzzz...

You don't have to fight that way. I always fooled around with different ways to kill enemies just to spice things up a bit. I tried to fight a slightly different way each time, even though it wasn't really neccessary. But it was fun (especially that awesome spinning sword attack--what a great way to kill dozens of enemies all at once). As far as 3-D multiple-person weapons combat goes, The Mark of Kri is the best and WW is probably second. A distant second, but still.

Sure, WW has far more sword combat. Too much, with too little variation. Could I use different tactics? Yeah, but it'd still be kind of dull... so in the forbidden fortress I've been running past the stupid guards since I don't have to fight them. It would be a waste of time not worth it...

Well that's your problem if you don't like sword fighting.

Well it gets old!

Oy, fine. Don't like it. This thread is getting old!

I'll let you have the last word and then please close it when you're done.

It doesn't deserve to be closed.

And isn't it funny that it manages to go from me saying "WW is better than I thought it would be" to your "oh you hate it in ways x, y, and z"?

Like hell it doesn't need to be closed. All we ever do is argue over the same damn thing. Gah, this is so old. Make new threads, people!

There are other threads... not many good ones, but there are others. :)

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Darunia - 14th June 2003

Darunia is no challenge and you're just trolling.

Is this the same Darunia who smoked your ass in the WW Debate over which had more varieties of enemy? OB1 is very tactful...he doesn't win by any conventional means known to man:

OB1: Well, that was a good debate. I win.

Not OB1: What do you mean, it's not over...infact I just proved you wrong.

OB1: Oh, yes you did, but you see, I've already declared my victory. Sorry. Excuse me now while my ego burgeons and I congratulate myself on being the master of humanity and abuse my mod powers.

Not OB1: Oh---alright then.

Yeah, it is odd that OB1 not only refuses to admit defeat, but actually declares victory, on a subject that he was conclusively proven to be wrong on... :)

This coming from the guy who won't even admit that having sex with someone of the same sex makes you gay. You lost that debate a long time ago yet still refuse to admit it.

And Darunia, you totally lost that debate. Your stance was that OoT had dozens of more enemies than WW, which I proved to be false. That means you lose! Don't make me break out the sign language again.