Tendo City
The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread (/showthread.php?tid=458)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - CartoonDevil - 27th March 2003

Dark Jaguar did a very good prediction of OB1. Looks like OB1 isn't very original in his flame attempts. hahaha.

The simple fact of the matter, OB1, is that your OPINION is that anime is worth watch, and it's my OPINION that anime is a complete and utter waste of time. As I stated before just because you think differently doesn't make you right or wrong.

I'm glad that you've spent enough time on the internet to get 10,000 posts. How many girlfriends have you had though? Just because you're an "Uber" entity on this board, doesn't mean that you are anything other than a nerd with no life. (I'm not saying that you necessarily are, just that from the evidence presented (admittedly little) that you are).

Even from my short time on this board, I can tell (from your posts and from other posters opinions of you) that you are very obstinate, very unreasonable, and very uncompromising. :bang: Why do you even pretend to "discuss" topics with people, as you never listen to them. What you should do is just post your opinion on the subject, then (in the same post, and before they actually respond) just tell them that if they don't agree with you, they are obviously stupid and wrong and evil for not doing so. That way, threads would only get to about 3 pages instead of 10+.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - A Black Falcon - 27th March 2003

Well it certainly is true that OB1 never, ever changes his opinions, and refuses to consider the idea that others are possibly correct... and it is annoying...

But hey, without him we'd have so many fewer posts here and there wouldn't be many people left to argue with who actually argue back... :)

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - OB1 - 27th March 2003

And you of course never change you mind, even when you're wrong.

And really CartoonDevil, what's your deal? You go around calling everything gay and then proclaim that an entire nation's movie form is crappy. And your experience is from watching DBZ? Who's the ignorant fool here...

BTW, I've been posting here sinc September 1999 so 10,000 posts isn't as big as you may think. I'm sure my life is at least as busy as yours, probably even more so. By the manner in which you write I'm willing to bet that you're in Junior High School or early High School, am I correct?

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Weltall - 27th March 2003

Settle down, children, or you go sit in the corner.

If you want to insult each other... well, that's half of why there's a debate forum :hammer:

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - A Black Falcon - 27th March 2003

I may not change my mind much but at least in many cases I admit that there is the possibility that its just an opinion or something that I think that other people could disagree about...

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - CartoonDevil - 28th March 2003

I just wrote up my reply and hit submit and then I got an error message. I guess I'll have to start writing my replys in Notepad and then pasting them into the TC window until that particular problem with the server is fixed.

OB1, I love how not only do you disagree with me, now you think that I can't possibly be as old or 'mature' as you are. How naive can you get?

Truth be told, I'm 25, married to a beautiful woman, have a baby boy on the way, have a bachelor's degree in architecture, and am currently working for myself as a general contractor.

As you may or may not have inferred from my screenname, I enjoy cartoons. Time doesn't permit me to watch very many cartoons anymore, as I choose to spend what little free time I have in gaming, but I used to watch cartoons often. Just because I chose DBZ to illustrate my opinion on anime, doesn't mean that it's the only show that couldn't be a bigger waste of time.

Are your parents paying for your schooling, or are you old enough to be financially independent? Your attitude would imply that you were coddled/spoiled by your parents while growing up.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - A Black Falcon - 28th March 2003

No, TC is just messed up right now... all you had to do was press the 'back' button and then send it again, and repeat if it keeps not working...

I tried the BACK button and got a SECOND error message.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Laser Link - 28th March 2003

Um, Zelda. Yeah.

After finishing the second dungeon I've been able to sail anywhere I want and it's been wonderful. There is so much to see and explore, it was overwhelming at first but the sea charts make things nice. I was afraid that this would be nothing but dungeons, but all morning I just sailed around and explored islands. It's like Skies of Arcadia without the random battles! YAY!

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Dark Jaguar - 28th March 2003

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Great Rumbler - 28th March 2003

Zelda:WW!! Soon!! Fun times!! *explodes*

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - big guy - 28th March 2003

Quote:big guy: The emotions don't rest soley in the eyes; it's in the animations as well. Sure they could do it with a realistic look, but it wouldn't look half as good.

And I don't know why you can't take anything seriously because of the look. There are plenty of serious parts in this game and I found them to be several times more convincing as the ones in OoT or MM. I mean, do you not watch anime for the same reasons?

the emotions aren't solely in the eyes, but you said that the big eyes showed off emotion ,so that'what i focused on in my rebuttal, but i don't see why OOT's style wouldn't allow expressive animations.

no, i do watch anime, and i enjoy it. OoT had an anime look, and i was able to take it seriously. it's just the links model in this game turns me off to the point that several emotional moments have been totally ruined by his presense. you're welcome to disagree with that, but it doesn't change the fact that that is what happened.

also, i'm not trying to restart the arguement about the game's look. i'm merely attempting to comment on my opinions about the game, and while so far i have focused much on the graphics, it's only because i'm not terribly far into the game, and have little to comment on aside form the graphics. and i'm also trying to make it a point that the "wait until you play it, then you'll see how cool it is" argument has completely, totally, not worked on me. i would say that the problem lies in me, though i don't see it as a problem, only an opinion...so in my opinion i think this look is pretty shite for the game, and having played it, i feel that way more than ever.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - OB1 - 28th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by CartoonDevil
I just wrote up my reply and hit submit and then I got an error message. I guess I'll have to start writing my replys in Notepad and then pasting them into the TC window until that particular problem with the server is fixed.

OB1, I love how not only do you disagree with me, now you think that I can't possibly be as old or 'mature' as you are. How naive can you get?

Truth be told, I'm 25, married to a beautiful woman, have a baby boy on the way, have a bachelor's degree in architecture, and am currently working for myself as a general contractor.

As you may or may not have inferred from my screenname, I enjoy cartoons. Time doesn't permit me to watch very many cartoons anymore, as I choose to spend what little free time I have in gaming, but I used to watch cartoons often. Just because I chose DBZ to illustrate my opinion on anime, doesn't mean that it's the only show that couldn't be a bigger waste of time.

Are your parents paying for your schooling, or are you old enough to be financially independent? Your attitude would imply that you were coddled/spoiled by your parents while growing up.

Oh yeah right, like I'm supposed to believe that you're 25 and married. You're extremely immature and have like to call everything gay and stupid. You do not express yourself like an adult should. I seriously doubt you're telling the truth, but if you are then I pity your wife and the child she will soon have.

I'm going to college and currently work at a weather research center. My parents do not pay for my schooling because they cannot afford it, so I have to rely on student loans which I am happy with. After I'm done with community college I plan on getting a degree in game design in California or Arizona.

I disagree with ABF most of the time but I do not put him down unless he does the same to me. I respect his opinion but continue to debate topics with him which is what this forum is for. However, your comments about Zelda being gay are very immature and don't deserve the same respect from me as when someone like ABF says that they think that the game won't be immersive, fun, or whatever. If he started saying things like "OMG! Zelda sucks donkey balls is so gaaay!" I wouldn't bother debating with him for very long.

I wouldn't talk like that... it so stupid... just like swearing -- all it does is make you look dumber...

Quote:Originally posted by big guy
the emotions aren't solely in the eyes, but you said that the big eyes showed off emotion ,so that'what i focused on in my rebuttal, but i don't see why OOT's style wouldn't allow expressive animations.

no, i do watch anime, and i enjoy it. OoT had an anime look, and i was able to take it seriously. it's just the links model in this game turns me off to the point that several emotional moments have been totally ruined by his presense. you're welcome to disagree with that, but it doesn't change the fact that that is what happened.

also, i'm not trying to restart the arguement about the game's look. i'm merely attempting to comment on my opinions about the game, and while so far i have focused much on the graphics, it's only because i'm not terribly far into the game, and have little to comment on aside form the graphics. and i'm also trying to make it a point that the "wait until you play it, then you'll see how cool it is" argument has completely, totally, not worked on me. i would say that the problem lies in me, though i don't see it as a problem, only an opinion...so in my opinion i think this look is pretty shite for the game, and having played it, i feel that way more than ever.

Hey I can understand if you don't like Link's look. Many people don't, and I didn't for a while. But after I saw the game in motion it started to grow on me, and after playing WW and seeing how much character Link has I prefer this look over any of the previous ones. He's just so likeable now, which is something that Link never was for me since he was always void of any emotions.

You know, when Wind Waker was first unveiled over a year and a half ago I didn't hate it like so many people did. I did long for the more realistic SW2000 look, but I knew that it would only be pointless to resist this new style since there was no going back. I also knew that Shigeru Miyamoto is the greatest game designer who ever lived and that he has yet to dissapoint me, so I kept an open mind. Then I read interviews by Miyamoto and Aounuma explaining their reasons for the new look and started to understand what they were aiming for, and so I eventually came to love it and finally prefer it over the SW2000 style. I know that many of you hated it from the beginning and never warmed up to it, and I feel sorry for you guys. I really do. You won't be able to enjoy this masterpiece as much as I currently am.

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
I wouldn't talk like that... it so stupid... just like swearing -- all it does is make you look dumber...

Precisely my point.

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Oh yeah right, like I'm supposed to believe that you're 25 and married.

Well, if you aren't going to believe what I say, then don't even bother to read or respond to my posts. Calling me a liar isn't any more "mature" than you claim that I am.

Quote:You're extremely immature and have like to call everything gay and stupid.

I already told you. I use the tern gay for stupid. Nothing wrong with that at all. Link looks gay. Link looks stupid. Both sentences mean the same thing. My opinion is just as valid as yours is. Link looks gay.

But nobody over the age of 16 uses that word as frequently as you do. Grow up, man.

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
But nobody over the age of 16 uses that word as frequently as you do. Grow up, man.

Again, you state your OPINION as if it were a fact.

If thats an opinion its a very commonly held one...

Quote:Originally posted by CartoonDevil
Again, you state your OPINION as if it were a fact.

Well of course that's not a statistical fact. That's just fairly general knowledge.

I'm near the end of the game and I'm loving every minute of it. The bosses are far too easy, but the dungeon puzzles are about as difficult as the ones in OoT. I always found OoT to be very easy, and this is about the same. It's definitely not as tough as the Oracle games.

That having been said, so far this is my favorite Zelda game. It has the incredible main quest that's easily as good as any of the previous Zelda games' coupled with the great side-quests that rival those from Majora's Mask (which only had four dungeons). It takes everything that made OoT so great and polishes it until the shine is blinding (do you like that metaphor? yes?).

Thank you, Nintendo.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Great Rumbler - 28th March 2003

It just got off of 2 hours of playing Zelda:WW. Awesome. That's all I can say about it. Everything in the game. Awesome. Graphics, controls, gameplay, characters, I could keep going on but I think you get the point. A truly great game from the one of the greatest in the industry.

Wait until you get to-- I won't say it. But you'll now what I'm talking about when it happens. Let me just say that it's a pretty grey matter.

Haha, it'll make sense when you get there.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Dark Jaguar - 28th March 2003

Dangit OB1! It makes sense NOW! That's such an OBVIOUS pun it gives me a headache (another pun in the realm of what you said). Thanks for spoiling the nature of something later on! Yeesh, did that seem subtle to you? Did it?

Uh, it's not what you think. Key word being "grey" rather than "grey matter". It's not a spoiler at all.

And no there aren't any flying boats in the game.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Sacred Jellybean - 28th March 2003

Quote:I already told you. I use the tern gay for stupid. Nothing wrong with that at all. Link looks gay. Link looks stupid. Both sentences mean the same thing. My opinion is just as valid as yours is. Link looks gay.

Actually, in no place in the dictionary is the term "gay" defined as "stupid". So actually, you're only using senseless slang. Additionally, equating the term "gay" (by its common use in today's society, refering to homosexuality) with negative terms as "stupid" reveals deeply-buried fear of or hostility towards homosexual people.

That, and using the term in such a context is gay.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Darunia - 28th March 2003

I love the free-navigating with the boat! What a great surprise that has been for me. Since I know you all care so much, I'm currently just out to sea, having just acquired my sail...further progress will be hindered due to the fact that I bought RE0 tonight.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - CartoonDevil - 29th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Sacred Jellybean
Actually, in no place in the dictionary is the term "gay" defined as "stupid". So actually, you're only using senseless slang.

I'm not saying that the term gay will actually ever make it into the dictionary as slang for stupid, but you have to realize that all slang starts out on the streets LONG before ever making it to the dictionary. So to say, just because it's not in the dictionary means it's senseless is silly. Most slang IS senseless, but it all starts out NOT being in the dictionary.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - A Black Falcon - 29th March 2003

Its moronic because using the word that way only says one thing to me, just like Jellybean said: fear of homosexuality... and that isn't a good thing...

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Darunia - 29th March 2003

I just got into Forbidden Forest now...

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - -_____- - 29th March 2003

look! im back from the dead!! Yeah, i got it, love it too!!! I cant really say where im at....mostly cause im lost. lol.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Darunia - 29th March 2003

Is anybody REALLY "afraid" of homosexuals...they really aren't that threatening with their feminine characteristics. It isn't fear, it's hatred.

Yeah, usually it is hatred... brought on by fear...

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - OB1 - 29th March 2003

Fear of being like them, methinks.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Dark Jaguar - 29th March 2003

Likely it's a fear they might be that way and couldn't fight it. If it was accepted that it's a choice, via free will, then they wouldn't need to worry so much. Much like a favorite color, I think it's something they could just pick. To be honest, I'm rather tired of people treating it like it's a huge deal. I enjoy mayonaise, but many don't. I'm not going to get all upset just because someone walks up to me and tells me that stuff is disgusting and it's sickening to know I eat it (which by the way, I have family members who do, and often, even though I see it as a tasty treat :D), because it's not important. I'm not going to throw mayonaise pride parades, because I realize how stupid it is to have that. As another example, trekkies don't go around throwing trek pride parades. They go to cons :D.

You eat mayonaise by itself?? What's wrong with you!

Argh... I don't want to have to defend the fact that its so obviously not a choice again... its just so idiotic a idea, and we burned that argument out a while ago...

I dunno... eating mayonaise by itself is pretty weird. I'm pretty sure it was DJ's choice.

Oh, and eating mayo by itsself is pretty gross...

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Dark Jaguar - 30th March 2003

ABF, you are being silly for saying it's stupid to think it's free will. Proove to us via a scientific article link that it is a prooven fact that it's genetic and then it'll be silly. To argue that there is any other reason thinking it's possibly a free will choice is lacking in logic, unless your point is to say there is no such thing as free will. I say this because you can't just argue "well it could only be genetics because nothing else makes sense" when in fact choice makes plenty of sense. Scientifically, just because one excludes all on a list of possibilities except one for some situation doesn't mean the last one MUST be the explanation. All it means is that it's either that last one OR an option not listed (due to lack of imagination). Really, I would think a scientifically minded fellow such as yourself would see that it's perfectly fine to say it's free will, seeing as how there really is no proof that it's genetic. There have been certain reports on the news of one test for this, but since then it's been revealed that that, as well as tests for certain other things, like a gene that produces murderers (not that I'm comairing them on a moral level, just that they are scientifically linked in this case), was in fact not exactly done properly, there really is no proof. There's also the fact that genetic analysis is pretty primitive as of yet. The idea of mapping the genetic structure is very limited. The idea is discovering what genes account for what, and so far there is supposedly a large amount of "junk data". However, one important thing to realize about programs is that it's not ALL parameters (like much of past gene study has seemed to assume is all genes do, define parameters). There's also actual commands, loops, selection structures, functions, calls to them, and many other things. While the stuff I listed is essentially created by humans for human programming languages, the point is that genetic data isn't, and can't, just be lists of "eye = blue" and so on. There HAS to be orders on how to build everything. There has to be a starting point, and stuff in the code saying "check to see if stage blah blah, and if so then do this that and the other". Many of the so called "junk genes" are likely parts of the code that actually give commands. There's also the mystery of all those genes that when removed seem to prevent life, yet it's unknown WHY. They likely have nothing to do with parameters like shape but everything to do with ordering the body to actually use the paramter data to do something. Really, geneticists need to get programmers on their analysis teams and fast.

Oh, and I usually don't eat it by itself. For some reason you seem to have added that... No, a large amount of my family thinks it's disgusting, even as a condoment, or at all. That's the thing. How you read it as "by itself" I don't know...

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - OB1 - 30th March 2003

Let's talk about Zelda, folks.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Great Rumbler - 30th March 2003

Well, to some people "Zelda:WW" and "homosexuality" go together in the same sentence. :p

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - big guy - 30th March 2003

well, i will say that the pirates in Wind Waker, with the exception of the one in the bandana, are in fact, gay. but i don't have any problem with that. most of the game ideas i have in my head involve gay characters. i think that games should contain gay characters.

currently my only real beef with the game (graphics aside) is that it just takes too long to do things. moving around the map takes forever, even with the warps, because entering the warp song, or any song for that matter, takes so freaking long, because they're all timed, unlike OoT where you could just push the buttons really fast. i feel like using the wind waker is a chore.

then there are a few things along the way that i've found to be flaws in design. but nothing that would drop the games score, just little things that frustrated me unnessecarily. for example, in one place, i had to swing across a pit, and in mid swing, i was hit by an enemy and knocked into the pit. the problem being that i wasn't close enough to the enemy before swinging to get him to attack me, and he was immune to the boomerang. a little thing, but it still frustrated me.

my only other complaint is that there seems to be an aweful lot of clipping, which is rather distracting.

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - Nintendarse - 30th March 2003

So...Zelda.

I know that, in the Japanese version, there was a conversion table that allowed the player to translate (letter by letter) the Old Language words into Japanese. Have the translators done the same for the US version? I want to know what the hell some of the characters are saying, and it's all in the old tongue. I can imagine how difficult it would be to do something like this, but it's just as frustrating to read sentences of garbage without knowing the meaning. Unfortunately, my searches on the internet have been fruitless.

Well, likely if you had such a table, it wouldn't help ya because you would now have a lot of Japanese in roman letter form. Not much better is it? :D

The "I GOT WIND WAKER!!!" thread - OB1 - 30th March 2003

I think he's asking if the Hylian in the game can be translated directly into English.

And I agree with your complaint, big guy. They should have made shortcuts for the songs.

Oh come on, it takes like two seconds to input a song. What, are you getting the notes wrong or something? Songs are plenty fast as is. If it's because you think you need "perfect timing", may I point out you don't have to press the direction RIGHT when the cursor swings over the center, just have the direction pressed before that happens and hold it until it passes by. The time to input the songs is like 1 second. Are you really so impatient you can't "wait" one second?