Tendo City
This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: This time there are no doubts that it counts... (/showthread.php?tid=4567)

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - A Black Falcon - 21st October 2007

Because we (re: the last part of my sig) won the division, not just the wildcard like in '04, that is, along the way back to the World Series. :) Winning the division makes it feel more legitimate to me, for some reason...

On a completely related note, people outside right now are... quite excited ... going by the noise... :)

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Dark Jaguar - 21st October 2007

What are you talking about?

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - N-Man - 21st October 2007

Dark Jaguar Wrote:What are you talking about?

Bionic Commando.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Fittisize - 21st October 2007

As a Rockies fan who has supported them ever since Jeffrey Loria ruined the Expos (and even before that - I make it a point to see a few Rockies games whenever I'm in Denver, which is often), and as an especially faithful fan of the team this season (I bought MLB.tv and watched over 100 Rockies games this season), all I can say is BRING IT ON. The Red Sox are a bunch of overrated fucksticks and their fans are the most annoying in the entire league.

Sorry Jimmy Fallon, but there will be no Fever Pitch 2.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Dark Jaguar - 21st October 2007

Well I guess "World Series" should have tipped me in. I get it now.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - A Black Falcon - 21st October 2007

Quote:Well I guess "World Series" should have tipped me in. I get it now.

're: the last part of my sig' was my hint, DJ. What exactly is that an image of... yeah. :)

Quote:As a Rockies fan who has supported them ever since Jeffrey Loria ruined the Expos (and even before that - I make it a point to see a few Rockies games whenever I'm in Denver, which is often), and as an especially faithful fan of the team this season (I bought MLB.tv and watched over 100 Rockies games this season), all I can say is BRING IT ON. The Red Sox are a bunch of overrated fucksticks and their fans are the most annoying in the entire league.

Sorry Jimmy Fallon, but there will be no Fever Pitch 2.

I actually have a Rockies shirt, from our vacation in the West in 1995, but I never cared about the team one way or another... my NL West favorite is the Giants, because my dad's from San Francisco. :) (oh wait, they had an awful season this year...)

Anyway, the Red Sox are awesome. Who knows what's going to happen in the Series, though, we'll see... winning 21 games of 22 as the Rockies have certainly is impressive. And as a Red Sox fan I'd just say that Sox fans are just really devoted... there are no better fans anywhere.

I do kind of wish that teams would keep players around a bit longer, though... only seven members of the 2004 World Series championship team are still on the Sox? That's kind of sad... oh well.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Great Rumbler - 22nd October 2007

I can't believe that Cleveland choked this badly. What a disaster.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - A Black Falcon - 22nd October 2007

Disaster? Nah, more like great comeback. With some help from Cleveland's falling apart. :)

I mean, they didn't just lose. In the last three games the total score was 30-5... :D

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - A Black Falcon - 22nd October 2007

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/specials/playoffs/2007/10/22/bc.bbo.ratings.ap/index.html
Quote:When the Red Sox's 11-2 win over the Indians ended at 11:45 p.m. on Sunday night, 57 percent of households in the Boston area -- and 86 percent of homes with the TV on -- were tuned in.

I'm not surprised. And I'll bet that the numbers for all of New England (southeastern Connecticut excepted) weren't that much lower... :)

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - DMiller - 22nd October 2007

I thought the Rockies were going to roll in the World Series, but I was counting on Cleveland finishing off the Sox. Now it's pretty much up in the air because the Rocks have been sitting on their butts for the past week. It should be a pretty interesting Series. If the Indians had made it I was predicting a sweep by Colorado, but in this I'm predicting Boston in 7.

(Poor Cubs, they manage to actually win the division and... swept, 99th year without winning the world series.)

Anyway, yeah, who knows what's going to happen... I sure didn't think that the Rockies were this good, but they obviously are, so who knows... though I'd like to think that the Sox have the advantage. :)

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - DMiller - 23rd October 2007

After watching the Rockies for the past few weeks they remind me of an even better version of the '05 White Sox. They play the game to perfection and it is very rare that they don't come through with a clutch hit or great defensive play.

As for the Cubs, I would have been happy if they had put up a fight against the DBacks, but I wasn't truthfully expecting them to win the series. Of course, the delusional Cubs' fan in my saw them getting to the World Series, but they were just too inconsistent this year. Oh well, 100 years isn't so bad, and it would be cool if the Cubs win the World Series in the 100th year anniversary of their last win.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Weltall - 24th October 2007

I'm adopting the Red Sox as my team. Not because I'm bandwagoner, but because by this time next year I'll be living close to Boston, so for the first time in my life I'll actually have a team that is of significant geographic proximity. It's probably why I've never taken an interest in the sport.

Plus, I can hope that their World Series win will somehow magically make the Patriots lose games, but that didn't work last time either.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Great Rumbler - 24th October 2007

Quote:Plus, I can hope that their World Series win will somehow magically make the Patriots lose games, but that didn't work last time either.

My ideal situation would be that the Patriots win every single game this season by an incredibly wide margin only to lose spectacularly in the first round of the playoffs on four interceptions by Tom Brady against some sucky team that barely managed to scrape their way into the playoffs with an 8 and 8 record.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - DMiller - 24th October 2007

Great Rumbler Wrote:My ideal situation would be that the Patriots win every single game this season by an incredibly wide margin only to lose spectacularly in the first round of the playoffs on four interceptions by Payton Manning against some sucky team that barely managed to scrape their way into the playoffs with an 8 and 8 record.

I think the trading deadline passed already so I don't think the Pats can trade for Manning.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Fittisize - 24th October 2007

Yeah, I'd totally love to see the look on Pats' fans faces after their #1 guy Tom Brady Peyton Manning lets them down.

And hey, once the playoffs start, ANYTHING can happen. There are several cases of the juggernauts going down in the first round to "sucky" teams. A good example is the '06 Red Wings, who lost in six games to the Oilers despite amassing one of the finest seasons in NHL history and the Oilers just barely scraping into the playoffs. They then went all the way to game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs and ripped my heart to shreds, which still hasn't been fully mended. And how about the Dallas Mavericks in last season's NBA playoffs losing to the lowely Warriors? MVP my ass, Dirk!

Anyways, given the nature of pro sports and the likelihood of upsets, I wouldn't be surprised if Manning's Patriots lose in the first round to the 20th ranked team according to the BCS.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Great Rumbler - 24th October 2007

Whoops, got my top two hated quarterbacks mixed up there. Not like there's any difference really.

You were also confused in that if the Pats do happen to go 16-0 this season, there is no way that they would lose, or even play, in the first round.

Well, hey, let's all pile on Great Rumbler because he has an awesome dream that will never be fulfilled! Thus making ourselves feel better about our own pathetic existence! Then we will chortle heartily, knowing that we have crushed another innocent dream!!

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - A Black Falcon - 24th October 2007

Sure, why not? Bounce

A Black Falcon Wrote:Sure, why not? Bounce

You stay out of this, Brady-Lover.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - A Black Falcon - 24th October 2007

Meh, I don't care that much about Brady, football is my least favorite major sport. (ie behind baseball, soccer, hockey, and basketball, though baseball is way ahead of the others).. I guess it's nice that the Patriots are good and win and all, but I don't care THAT much.

On the other hand, the Red Sox ahead 13-1 in the 6th inning? Now that I care about. :D

Holy shit ... this is a fucking disgrace. Jeff Francis, only the second Canadian ever to start in the World Series, pitches like THAT?! I hope the Rockies can bounce back from this...

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - DMiller - 24th October 2007

I think that layoff really killed them. It also didn't help that Josh Beckett is a beast. It will be tough for the Rockies to beat Beckett so it is essential they win when he isn't pitching.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - Weltall - 24th October 2007

Great Rumbler Wrote:Well, hey, let's all pile on Great Rumbler because he has an awesome dream that will never be fulfilled! Thus making ourselves feel better about our own pathetic existence! Then we will chortle heartily, knowing that we have crushed another innocent dream!!
Okay, here's another:

There's no way that the Patriots play an 8-8 team in the playoffs, because the AFC is so top-heavy that ten wins will be a minimum requirement for post-season qualification this year.

Besides that, I agree: I'd love to see Tom Brady throw eight picks in the Pats first playoff game.

Ideally, this would happen against the Steelers.

Also, GO RED SOX, MY NEW FAVORITE TEAM IN A SPORT I FOLLOW IN A PURELY CASUAL MANNER

I actually saw Beckett pitch once, a few years ago when he was in the Marlins system (this was when the Portland Sea Dogs were still the Marlins' AA team, not the Red Sox' like they have been for a few years now) and happened to be in Portland on the day that we went to a game, which is something we probably do once or twice a year... he only pitched four innings, but his stay in Portland was short (I forget if it was a rehab start or if he was just moving up fast), so I'm lucky that I got to see him at all... he did incredibly well that day, that I definitely remember. Amazing pitcher.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - A Black Falcon - 28th October 2007

Well, it's over. Just like '04, it's a sweep, and just like '04, the ALCS was more eventful than the World Series, though the two close games were exciting...

Still awesome, though. :)

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - DMiller - 29th October 2007

I didn't even think the close games were exciting. I'm sure it would have been if I had a vested interest like you, but it was pretty obvious that the Sox were going to win even when the Rockies closed within one during two games.

This time there are no doubts that it counts... - A Black Falcon - 29th October 2007

It was kind of exciting yesterday when it closed to 4-3, for sure...