Tendo City
JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens (/showthread.php?tid=4546)

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Smoke - 2nd October 2007

SMG Homepage: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmgj/index.html

Videos: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmgj/action/index.html

New Video of Awesomeness: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmgj/prologue/index03.html

I have chills.

Source

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Dark Jaguar - 2nd October 2007

The airship is back? Bowser's once again an evil wizard? An action oriented Mario game has long cutscenes every few seconds? Awesome!

Now then, the only thing left is my single most burning question. Have the koopa kids returned? Maybe they all left and took over their own planet! Maybe Bowser Jr has a rivalry with them? Maybe a game can actually be TOO good.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - etoven - 3rd October 2007

Ghost Mario looks awesome!

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - big guy - 12th October 2007

bee suit mario looks ridiculous and hilarious. also, ice mario looks cool.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - N-Man - 12th October 2007

Airships, hell yes

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Dark Jaguar - 12th October 2007

I wonder, are the koopa kids piloting those?

Sorry Miyamoto but the Koopa Kids totally beat Koopa Jr.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 12th October 2007

The game is definitely shaping up into something that looks really awesome, isn't it...

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - EdenMaster - 12th October 2007

A Black Falcon Wrote:The game is definitely shaping up into something that looks really awesome, isn't it...

Was...was that a <i>positive</i> comment from...ABF?

:P

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 12th October 2007

You're just annoyed I'm complaining about Nintendo online, I say good things about plenty of games... :)

I meant, though, that for some reason the game looks better now than the first videos of it from e3 did (with that spider boss or whatever). It looked good before, but even better now...

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Great Rumbler - 13th October 2007

Quote:I say good things about plenty of games...

Just not online games by Nintendo.

Or Beyond Good & Evil, or Fallout 3, or ect. ect.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Dark Jaguar - 13th October 2007

I haven't heard him complain about SSBB beyond the online play.

Hey when a company falls short, you call them on it.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 13th October 2007

Great Rumbler Wrote:Just not online games by Nintendo.

Or Beyond Good & Evil, or Fallout 3, or ect. ect.

I'll praise the games I like and criticize the ones I dislike... isn't that what everyone does?

Dark Jaguar Wrote:I haven't heard him complain about SSBB beyond the online play.

Hey when a company falls short, you call them on it.

Exactly.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - hephaestus - 14th October 2007

And spend countless hours debating it until its the glue and dogfood mush that once was a dead horse.

Nintendo online isn't great, it isn't bad and it's entirely free.

accept it

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Great Rumbler - 14th October 2007

hephaestus Wrote:Nintendo online isn't great, it isn't bad and it's entirely free.

accept it

Dear God, man! How can you suggest such a horrible thing?!

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 14th October 2007

It is bad, and its being free doesn't get it any points; online networks SHOULD be free, as they are on the PC. They also should have good feature sets, as they do on PC.

The one good thing about it is Virtual Console, and they're hurting even that at the moment with the lack of support for any larger storage mediums while also releasing many more large games.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Great Rumbler - 26th October 2007

Okay, I played Super Mario Galaxy today.

First, it's like WOAH!! ...and then, you're like "DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?!" ...and then it's like WOAH again, but more reverential than shocked.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 26th October 2007

So is it the best Mario game since Mario 64?

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Great Rumbler - 26th October 2007

Are you kidding me? It might just be the best Mario game EVER.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Dark Jaguar - 27th October 2007

How'd you manage to play it?

GR: Use google! Just type in "GR" and "Super Mario Galaxy".

DJ: ... that didn't work... How about you just tell me?

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Great Rumbler - 27th October 2007

I went to this place called "Gamestop', which is a place where they sell videogames, and, you know, they have this thing called a "demo", which I played.

There's already a demo? Neat.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 27th October 2007

Actually it's the full game, just in demo stations, and through that the game's leaked out into the internet, time limit removed... I think.

I just read some rumor to that effect. Unconfirmed though.

It would be extremely boneheaded of Nintendo to just take the entire game and "time limit" a demo. They should know what hackers are capable of.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 27th October 2007

It seems like it's what they did, though. Supposedly it's not the first time that they've just done a time-limited full game as a store "demo"... though I haven't been able to find proof that the thing is actually out there.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - DMiller - 28th October 2007

Anyone remember the old arcade machines during the early Super Nintendo days that had Mario World, Super Tennis, and F-Zero? If I remember correctly those were time-limited full games. I know for sure that Mario World was, and I'm pretty sure the other two were as well.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - Dark Jaguar - 28th October 2007

I've heard of them, but I never once actually saw one, nor do I know anyone personally who has ever seen one. I don't think any arcades around here ever bothered getting those.

I also never played any of the old arcade versions of Punch Out or Super Mario Bros vs.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 28th October 2007

Yeah, I saw one of those machines once. It had a pretty huge screen... :)

Kind of annoying though, I seem to remember getting a really short amount of time for my money (Super Mario World, I think? F-Zero was also there for sure.)... I mean, arcade games don't last long, but at least there you feel like you get somewhere because the games are designed to be short. F-Zero and Mario World aren't... it was an interesting idea, but having played it once I understand why it didn't catch on.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - DMiller - 28th October 2007

THe only place I ever saw it was the Dairy Queen where we went after baseball games sometimes. The other ice cream place in my town was better, though. They had Spy Hunter, Double Dragon, Root Beer Tapper, and Centipede along with a pinball machine. I was so mad when that place closed down because I was at college and couldn't get to the auction where they sold off those games. It was like my childhood was being auctioned off.

JP Super Mario Galaxy HP opens - A Black Falcon - 28th October 2007

The one I remember playing was, I think, on Cape Cod, where we always went for vacation each summer when I was younger...

The Maine Mall (South Portland, ME, the nearest major mall to where I live)'s arcade closed a few months ago. While I hadn't actually gone in all that often (not exactly helping it survive I guess), I liked that there was one... though I'd been wondering how long it was going to last, given that there are so few arcades these days, but even so it was pretty sad to see the machines with sale stickers on them and then the place closed... :(