Tendo City
Got tired of my taskbar.... So I made a new one! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Got tired of my taskbar.... So I made a new one! (/showthread.php?tid=4531)

Got tired of my taskbar.... So I made a new one! - etoven - 25th September 2007

I call it WinGooie II...
It will completly replace the standard windows task bar...

This new taskbar holds more programs, looks cooler, and gives you thumnails of your open programs when you mouse over an icon for easy selection.

It was a major windows hack, but it is well worth it! Best of all my program switches between the new task bar, and unloads for the old task bar at the touch of a button.

Written in VB.net using Win32 API.
Download Link Soon....

Got tired of my taskbar.... So I made a new one! - Great Rumbler - 25th September 2007

That looks pretty cool, but I'm okay just using the standard one.

Got tired of my taskbar.... So I made a new one! - DMiller - 26th September 2007

That's a pretty cool accomplishment. I have that on my computer without a hack, though. Sorry, I always have to insert pro-Mac comments in any computer discussion, it's in my contract.

Got tired of my taskbar.... So I made a new one! - etoven - 26th September 2007

DMiller Wrote:That's a pretty cool accomplishment. I have that on my computer without a hack, though. Sorry, I always have to insert pro-Mac comments in any computer discussion, it's in my contract.

I know I'm only up to speed up to OS 8.1 but when was the Mac task-bar ever able to do all the stuff my program does.

Window Thumbnails
Better organization
A TASK BAR!!! (last time I checked the mac didn't have one! Granted it was just as functional but a different beast all together!)

Am I missing something?

Got tired of my taskbar.... So I made a new one! - DMiller - 27th September 2007

I'm actually surprised you haven't heard of the Dock because it's very similar to what you have. It's been the Mac version of the taskbar since OS X was released 1999. It doesn't show the preview in the middle of the screen like yours, but the icons in the Dock are live versions of the minimized window. The top of the Dock is used for frequently-used applications and currently-running applications, and the bottom can be used for folders and minimized windows. It can be customized as much as you want and I use mine for my home directory, the applications folder, and my documents folder.

[Image: thedock.png]

Got tired of my taskbar.... So I made a new one! - A Black Falcon - 27th September 2007

Vista shows a mini version of the window in question when you hover the mouse over the tab or application in the taskbar... this works in Mozilla/Firefox tabs as well as the taskbar. It's not in the middle of the screen though, it's right where your mouse is.