Tendo City
Strike at the Core - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Strike at the Core (/showthread.php?tid=450)

Strike at the Core - Darunia - 22nd March 2003

Im now on the very last level, only to discover that the millennium falcon blows up instantly, within seconds of the level's beginning...literally...I can't possibly blow up all 8 or 10 TIEs within 10 seconds, whats going on here?

Strike at the Core - Nintendarse - 22nd March 2003

I may be wrong, but I think that if you get too far away from the millenium falcon that you automatically fail the mission. So that might be the problem. If that doesn't work, get better.

Strike at the Core - EdenMaster - 22nd March 2003

Please put stuff like that in a spoiler tag. I haven't finished Rogue Leader.

Strike at the Core - A Black Falcon - 22nd March 2003

Rogue Leader is old enough that you REALLY should have beaten it... and that isn't a spoiler...

And yes, just stay close to the Falcon. Also, to make it even easier, you can exploit a trick -- if you fly high enough, the TIEs won't shoot you... and the Falcon cannot be killed until you go too far away from it, so you can get into the tunnel unharmed...

Of course that's when the level gets hard. Very hard...

Strike at the Core - big guy - 23rd March 2003

i don't think i've ever beaten that last level...getting back out insane.

Strike at the Core - Darunia - 23rd March 2003

Heh; who woulda thought.

Thanks, Big Guy, thats incouraging...I'm going to play it now...wish me luck.

Strike at the Core - EdenMaster - 23rd March 2003

Allow me to explain the reason I haven't beaten it.

When I first got my beloved GameCube, it came with two games: Rogue Leader, and Melee. At the time, I wanted a GameCube for the sole reason to play Melee, Rogue Leader was but an extra. As my GameCube collection has ballooned to house 21 games, I've never really found myself wanting to play it. Never was a big fan of Star Wars anyhow. Maybe on the next drought I'll dust it off and give it a shot.

That kinda seemed like a spoiler the way I read it, but if you say it's not, I'll take you for your word on that.

Strike at the Core - Darunia - 23rd March 2003

Hurrah! I did it...didn't take me that long, either...four or five tries...escaping was a clinch! Scratch TWO games I've finally beaten!!

Strike at the Core - A Black Falcon - 23rd March 2003

You know, it took me a long time to get to the core... it was really hard, and I died many times. But getting out? Well, the first time I got close I died within sight of the core... then I managed to get into the core. And had 2 lives left... I lost the first one immediately and then got out on my last one! It wasn't that hard in comparison to getting in... no TIEs!

Strike at the Core - big guy - 23rd March 2003

maybe i'n lust better at shooting down ties than i am at maneuvering my own craft... :(

it's that damn fire around the edge that creeps up on you until you can't see and then you crash and burn...

Strike at the Core - A Black Falcon - 23rd March 2003

Accelerate... it gets you farther ahead of the fire...

Strike at the Core - Smoke - 24th March 2003

And in related news Rogue Squadron III has been confirmed to be in development.

Strike at the Core - Darunia - 24th March 2003

Big Guy; when the fire closes in on you, just close the S-foils whenever you can (when you hit a straight-stretch of tunnel)...this way, you almost pass the Falcon, and getting out is no trouble at all...takes seconds.

Strike at the Core - A Black Falcon - 24th March 2003

Rogue Squadron III... awesome! That sounds great... the first 3 games (including the Ep. 1 one) were really good so I expect this one to be at least that good... :)

Oh, and seeing how amazing the graphics in RS2 are for a first-gen game, I'll really look forward to what they can do in a second gen title...

Strike at the Core - OB1 - 24th March 2003

And they built the entire game (including the engine) from scratch in eight months. Just imagine what their next game will look like (which will most likely use an improved RL engine).

I know... it could be truly incredible...

They did an amazing job on the N64 (Rogue Squadron, Ep. 1 Battle for Naboo, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine...), but since Rare was also there pushing the console as far as it went it didn't stand out as much... now they are one of the only teams actually trying to make graphics on this level... note how no one has even matched Rogue Leader in many ways...

Rogue Squadron blew me away. Battle for Naboo didn't even begin to impress me. Rogue Leader made me run in circles....but to improve upon the latter, I think Rogue Squadron 3 should be longer. Rogue only had what, 12 levels...? And many of them could be beaten in one or two tries. Also, more of that beautiful symphonic John Williams music, no more botched midis! Make it on two DVDs if you have to!

Strike at the Core - OB1 - 24th March 2003

Dude, they made the game in eight months. Give them a brake. I'm sure that RS3 will be a lot bigger and better since they've had a much longer development time. I just hope that they add enough new stuff to the engine to make it look even better than before--hopefully at an average 60 fps. I agree with the midi comment, though. The guys at Factor 5 are the sound kings, so their next game better sound like the shiznit.

Well now they have no excuse not to have a totally flawless game...real music, more levels and all.

I'd also love too see some ground combat back like in BFN... I for one liked that game. Was it as good as RS? Probably not... but it had the handicap of being in the Ep.1 universe which isn't as cool as the classic one -- droid starfighters vs tie fighters? :) However, it is a good game. I did like the ground combat part, at least as an option... air was usually better, but it added some variety. I don't see why it was considered so much worse than RS...

RS3. More levels would be greatly appreciated... 12 is a bit small a number. True, RS only had about 15, but they seemed to take longer to finish or something...

However. In some ways it doesn't need much more length. Look at RL. It has 12 levels... no problem, right? It shouldn't take too long to finish... unless you try to get the better medals. In that case the game is suddenly REALLY hard...

Strike at the Core - Darunia - 25th March 2003

RL took me so long because I haven't hardly played GC for a year; and also, more than less, because of a few very hard parts...the completely unpredictable shooting down of the gun platforms at Bespin, and having to stay with the Falcon, contrary to "protecting it" as told in instructions, at Strike at the Core.

I think they should have many more levels (perhaps not so hard or long maybe), and on two discs...perhaps make them all intertwined, like in Wing Commander...it's an unwinding story, and there are characters, sort of like Moff Seerdon in the original RS.

Strike at the Core - A Black Falcon - 26th March 2003

Well, if it makes it like the movies again they can only do so much with the characters... but with more time to make the game I imagine stuff like story and characters could be improved. As for branching story, while it'd be cool I don't mind at all if its not there.

Strike at the Core - Darunia - 26th March 2003

Aw, c'mon...branching story is so much better. Justy imagine a FPS without that; just random, non-linked levels (sounds like Doom actually)...? I think that RP3 should be linked, and should have cool little FMV cutscenes...or at least ones akin to those in REMake.

Strike at the Core - A Black Falcon - 26th March 2003

I like games either linear or more open... both kinds are fun... I know some people dislike linear games, but I don't mind them at all...