Tendo City
NFL Playoffs - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: NFL Playoffs (/showthread.php?tid=45)

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 3rd January 2003

Did your team make it?

What's your take this year?

I personally see the Steelers winning this weekend... but then they face the Titans... that's harsh.

NFL Playoffs - LukeIsTerrified - 3rd January 2003

My team (BUFFALO 3:16 OH HELL YEAH) missed out by a game or two, but did improve by five wins over last season's record, so I will be optimistic for next season. Especially if they draft a defensive playmaker or two -- I think the defense had takeaways in something like four or five out of the 16 games. Pathetic.

Anyway, I am still trying to figure out how the Jets, Titans, and Browns made it to the playoffs, since I am living in week six. But seriously, where are the Patriots, Dolphins, Broncos? It's quite odd not seeing them there.

My picks for this weekend:

Jets over Colts - Manning's playoff ineptitude continues.
Steelers over Browns - Not Dwayne Rudd's fault this time.
Giants over 49ers - East-Coast bias reigns as everyone, including Clinton Portis' mother, proclaim Jeremy Shockey the clear-cut rookie of the year.
Packers over Falcons - This isn't Vick's year. But it's coming.

NFL Playoffs - -_____- - 3rd January 2003

My team made it again!! Go Bucs!!! I swear, if they lose the first game again, I'm going to FLIP OUT.

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 3rd January 2003

Buffalo's takeaways were low due to their balls-out 46-style defense, as I understand.

TMQ taught me that. You made a fan out of me :)

I will make a divisional prediction that the Jets will also defeat the Raiders. By more than 10 points.

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 3rd January 2003

I too am living in the past, when it looked like the Chargers and Broncos would run away with everything and life would be happy. The first half of the season shall hence forth be referred to as The Good Old Days. Not that I will be talking much about The Good Old Days, since that's too depressing.
  • Jets are hot hot hot and will beat the Horsies.
  • I thought Pittsburgh was only okay until the Tampa Bay game. The Browns are still only okay.
  • If the Falcons and Packers had not played liked poo last week, we'd be talking about the Broncos, not the Browns, and for that I am bitter. Can they both lose? No, but the Falcons will.
  • The 49ers have been overated all year long, and any NY team is always overated. Man, I really hate the NFC. To go against the other Luke, I will pick the 49ers, simply because I hate NY teams. You'll see me pick against the Raiders next week too, even if they were playing the Bungles.

The Titans will win the AFC and the Eagles will win the NFC and say hello to each other in <strike>sunny</strike> "hazy and mostly sunny" San Diego. Where the Chargers should have been playing.

NFL Playoffs - nickdaddyg - 3rd January 2003

I actually stopped paying attention? But the Dolphis did squeaze into the WildCard right?

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 3rd January 2003

No, the Miami Marine Mammals are out. They were winning their game for about 50 minutes, but the Patriots managed to tie the game and won in overtime. This put NE in first place for the division and Miami in as a Wild Card, but the Jets then won their game and that gave them the division title, bumping both NE and Miami out of the playoffs.

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 4th January 2003

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

They beat the spooge out of the Colts Eek

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 4th January 2003

Now looks like the Falcons want to do the same to the Pack. Holy mama!

NFL Playoffs - nickdaddyg - 4th January 2003

Well shit!

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 5th January 2003

Tommy Maddox is the SAVIOR Eek

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 5th January 2003

Wow, what a great game. Congrats Weltall.

NFL Playoffs - LukeIsTerrified - 5th January 2003

Hey guys, do we not have any archives of the old Tendo City where I said that Chad Pennington and Tommy Maddox were the best candidates to be this year's WarnerDilferBrady at the start of the season?

Because that would really suck.

I don't know if we have them or not, but I will testify that you did say that. Will you please say Drew Brees will be the WarnerDilferBrady of next season? I would be happy.

Quote:Originally posted by LukeIsTerrified
Hey guys, do we not have any archives of the old Tendo City where I said that Chad Pennington and Tommy Maddox were the best candidates to be this year's WarnerDilferBrady at the start of the season?

Because that would really suck.

We have them somewhere. It's okay though, I remember you saying so. In fact, "Tommy Maddox is the savior" is one of your quotes.

Amazingly enough, I think Jeff Garcia topped Tommy Maddox today.

Eek

You can never use that smily too much.

Eek

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 9th January 2003

Okay, it's Thursday and time to talk about the Divisional round.

I think the Eagles will beat the Falcons, but it's almost to the point where you can't pick against Vick.

The Bucs will beat the 49ers, and maybe then New York will shut up. Scratch that, New York will never shut up.

And NY will have reason to be continue talking when the Jets go in and beat Oakland soundly. It's a family tradition at my house to watch the Raiders choke so I'm excited.

And now I have to pick against Pittsburgh, because I thought the Titans would win the AFC all along. But it will make me sad if they do beat the Steelers. Weltall, I'll make you a bet. If the Steelers win, I'll download the Steeler theme song and if the Titans win you have to download Tennessee Bwoys by Grits. I've heard they play it at Titans home games so maybe you'll hear it Saturday.

NFL Playoffs - Fittisize - 9th January 2003

I hope the Titans win. I've always liked them. (since they joined the NFL...which is when I started paying attention to it) And for some reason I've NEVER liked the Steelers. I hope they lose.

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 9th January 2003

LL: Download the Super Steelers theme by Jimmy Pol
Fittisize: Go to hell :)

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 10th January 2003

Well the Titans have actually been in the NFL for a long time, but they were the Houston Oilers. Anyway, I know what you mean. :)

And I still think the Tennesse Rebels would have been a much better name. Titans is so . . . predictable.

Aren't we going to get anymore predictions? There's only a few hours left until Saturday.

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 10th January 2003

Okay!

Steelers over Titans
Jets over the fucking Raiders
Bucs over Niners
Eagles over Falcons

If the Steelers actually do make it to the big dance, I hope we face either the Bucs or the Eagles. The Bucs, because we always beat the snot out of them, and the Eagles because, even though they likely could beat us, I'm a Pennsylvanian and I've always wanted to see a Steagle Bowl :D

NFL Playoffs - A Black Falcon - 11th January 2003

Poor Weltall... the Steelers lost.

NFL Playoffs - Fittisize - 11th January 2003

Ha. Go Titans! Now when the Titans and Raiders play each other (cause screw the damn Jets there gonna lose) I won't know which team to cheer for.

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 11th January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Fittisize
Ha. Go Titans! Now when the Titans and Raiders play each other (cause screw the damn Jets there gonna lose) I won't know which team to cheer for.

BANDWAGONER:cuss:

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 12th January 2003

Sorry Weltall. :(

Fittisize: The Raiders are evil. They will not win. They CANNOT win. I will flamin' channel their bloody heads off myself if they DARE defile the sacred Jack Murphy Stadium.

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 12th January 2003

Okay, so much for that bandwagon... Now i'm on the Eagles Bandwagon, as they will definitely win next week, they're a PA team, and I don't care honestly who wins the conference championships next week because I want both the AFC teams to lose. The Raiders because they're cocky bastards, and because they're the Raiders, and the Titans because they only won yesterday as a gift from the zebras on that figgie. So regardless of whether the Bucs or the Eagles win next week, I'll be rooting for them.

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 18th January 2003

I am sticking with my original picks: Tennessee and Philly. Oakland cannot win this game. Please.

NFL Playoffs - Weltall - 19th January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Laser Link
I am sticking with my original picks: Tennessee and Philly. Oakland cannot win this game. Please.

:bummed:

This super bowl is going to suck. Go Bucs!

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 20th January 2003

Why do the Raiders bring out the worst in teams? Tennessee GAVE the game to Oakland. Hopefully the Bics won't continue the trend.

NFL Playoffs - Fittisize - 20th January 2003

It was tough to choose a team to root for, as they have been my two fav. teams for a long time...it was tough to see either of them lose. :( Oh well. Go Raiders!

NFL Playoffs - Laser Link - 21st January 2003

Hehehe, Go Bics! Er, Yucks! Bucs?