Tendo City
Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! (/showthread.php?tid=4435)

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - etoven - 18th June 2007

Im posting from my ds! :D

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - Dark Jaguar - 18th June 2007

You... paid for that? No seriously, you PAID for that?

Well, I guess there's that RAM expansion... that might be getting used in future games... I'll just stick with my laptop.

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - A Black Falcon - 19th June 2007

They're only selling the one for the original DS online, not in stores... oh well, I wouldn't buy it anyway. It's not like I have access to a wi-fi network most of the time...

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - Great Rumbler - 19th June 2007

I've heard that the DS web browser isn't very good.

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - Dark Jaguar - 19th June 2007

ABF, didn't you only recently get a DS? Don't you have a Lite model? I'm pretty sure they don't even sell the old model any more.

Great Rumbler Wrote:I've heard that the DS web browser isn't very good.

Well I could have told you that. I mean what's the point? With everything you'd have to do to get in a situation where you'd actually want to use it, why bother? Seriously, who actually goes to a coffee shop to surf the net? I can't imagine the series of events that would have to transpire for THAT to be your best option for online access.

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - A Black Falcon - 19th June 2007

Quote:ABF, didn't you only recently get a DS? Don't you have a Lite model? I'm pretty sure they don't even sell the old model any more.

I got my DS in January, used. Original models were $90, Lites $110 (both models are $99 at another store, but I only ever actually see originals for sale used there...). Guess which one I got.

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - Weltall - 19th June 2007

It's actually kind of intuitive, from what I saw.

Which still doesn't make up for the fact that anyone who pays thirty hard-earned American dollars to surf the internet on a DS is someone with more dollars than sense.

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - N-Man - 19th June 2007

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Seriously, who actually goes to a coffee shop to surf the net? I can't imagine the series of events that would have to transpire for THAT to be your best option for online access.

Plenty of people go to coffee shops for work or schoolwork that may involve using the net. Not exactly the kinda crowd that would pack a DS, but I imagine it's possible. My university's also got a campus-wide wireless network - don't know how widespread that is.

Ryan Wrote:It's actually kind of intuitive, from what I saw.

Which still doesn't make up for the fact that anyone who pays thirty hard-earned American dollars to surf the internet on a DS is someone with more dollars than sense.

Like that's ever stopped anyone.

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - lazyfatbum - 19th June 2007

It's a toy, hence why its barely advertised.

If you live in a wifi enabled neighborhood or like n-man said, a school that enabled, etc, then its pretty neat. Alot easier to use and cheaper than a PDA or laptop.

A Black Falcon Wrote:I got my DS in January, used. Original models were $90, Lites $110 (both models are $99 at another store, but I only ever actually see originals for sale used there...). Guess which one I got.

...the Lite?

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - A Black Falcon - 21st June 2007

Of course not. $20 more for a different version of the same system? Yeah right...

N-Man Wrote:Like that's ever stopped anyone.

Even so, he's quite right that doing the internet on a DS would be pretty pointless (and bad).

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - Great Rumbler - 21st June 2007

It's worth $20 to get the streamlined shell and the much improved backlighting.

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - Dark Jaguar - 21st June 2007

The original, as far as I can tell, actually still uses a front lighting solution. I got mine for free so for me the value was obvious. But, oh well. It's the same system anyway.

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - A Black Falcon - 21st June 2007

Eh, I find the original model just fine. The backlighting is plenty bright in virtually all situations, and as for the size it's no problem... and GBA games don't stick out of the bottom. :)

Nintndo Ds Browsor! hurra! - Dark Jaguar - 21st June 2007

That whole sticking out thing isn't entirely accurate. It occupies the space the normal DS normally took up anyway, so it's still smaller even with a GBA cart.