Tendo City
Starcraft 2 Announced! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Starcraft 2 Announced! (/showthread.php?tid=4385)

Pages: 1 2

Starcraft 2 Announced! - Dark Jaguar - 28th May 2007

I wasn't being defensive because I didn't take it as an attack. It was just unrelated to what I said is all and your post seemed like it was a direct response.

At any rate, if you are quite alright now then we can "move on". Let's try not to turn this into TC 90210.

Starcraft 2 Announced! - DMiller - 28th May 2007

Did you hear lazy was cheating on Ryan with ABF?

Starcraft 2 Announced! - alien space marine - 29th May 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3ZlAvdY2s

Starcraft 2 Announced! - TheBiggah - 30th May 2007

I'm excited for SC2 and the subsequent expansion packs.

Starcraft 2 Announced! - Dark Jaguar - 30th May 2007

Packs or pack? Traditionally Blizzard releases just one expansion pack per game (I'm willing to bet that tradition won't apply to World of Warcraft if other MMOs are any guide). I think they don't like to divide their user base too much. Having 5 or 6 expansion packs per game, like Battlefield or something, tends to cut up the user base too much and make matchmaking a bit tougher. Anyway, I myself was wondering what might end up in the expansion pack from the moment the game was announced, but I doubt they'll have more than one.

Starcraft 2 Announced! - alien space marine - 31st May 2007

I just heard news that according to games pot , The SC2 is not being released until probaily about the last quarter of 2008 or Christmas 2009.

So we have a long way to go

Starcraft 2 Announced! - Dark Jaguar - 31st May 2007

To be honest I wasn't expecting it for a while anyway. I mean it was just announced. That, and this is Blizzard we are talking about here. They will delay the game at least once.

Dark Jaguar Wrote:To be honest I wasn't expecting it for a while anyway. I mean it was just announced. That, and this is Blizzard we are talking about here. They will delay the game at least once.

Well it would be consistent with their record, War craft III came out in 2001 but was announced in 1999.

They've said that the game has been in the works since TFT finished production. From the demo it certainly was way more developed then War3 was at this same point , With multi player being already available for demonstration.

Obviously I expected closed beta to happen before a release of course. It seems this game wont have the serious need to be reworked and overhauled like either War3 or SC. So I think it could come out 2008 at the earliest and 2009 at the latest.

A interesting idea of starcraft is human civilization being branched out too distant regions , With a new human tree being planted outside of old earth contact.

Given current demographics trends its highly unlikely that so many European Caucasoids would be present in the type of future depicted in SC same goes for Star Trek

Although I don't know why they call them "Terran's" except perhaps to differentiate them from War craft ,

Starcraft 2 Announced! - A Black Falcon - 31st May 2007

All we know for sure really is that it's definitely not coming out in 2007 (Blizz has said so), which I'd say should have been a given anyway.

Terra is another name for Earth, so I guess it's like calling them Earthlings. It makes sense to call the UED guys that, but the Kuprulu sector humans? They should have been called something else.

Oh yes, according to the story of Starcraft, the humans in the kuprulu sector (Australia 2 as I call it, being a prisoner founded bunch of nations) basically had to reinvent a lot of technology. Goliaths to Battlecruisers, that was their tech, not Earth's. I would have imagined Earth had MUCH more advanced weaponry, and yet when they brought "all the innovations of the UED" to that sector, it amounted to medics and valkyrie ships, and everything else was exactly what kuprulu had. Why would the UED have ramshackle SCVs and command centers? I suppose the idea is they copied all of their technology, but still it was a bit too similar.

That's just one of those things I notice though. I know the real reason. The gameplay couldn't be altered that much. They had to use existing units in that expansion pack. At least with Frozen Throne the "human" campaign (actually, blood elves) replaced all manner of units with blood elf versions, though they all did exactly the same things, it was a nice thematic touch.

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Terra is another name for Earth, so I guess it's like calling them Earthlings. It makes sense to call the UED guys that, but the Kuprulu sector humans? They should have been called something else.

Oh yes, according to the story of Starcraft, the humans in the kuprulu sector (Australia 2 as I call it, being a prisoner founded bunch of nations) basically had to reinvent a lot of technology. Goliaths to Battlecruisers, that was their tech, not Earth's. I would have imagined Earth had MUCH more advanced weaponry, and yet when they brought "all the innovations of the UED" to that sector, it amounted to medics and valkyrie ships, and everything else was exactly what kuprulu had. Why would the UED have ramshackle SCVs and command centers? I suppose the idea is they copied all of their technology, but still it was a bit too similar.

That's just one of those things I notice though. I know the real reason. The gameplay couldn't be altered that much. They had to use existing units in that expansion pack. At least with Frozen Throne the "human" campaign (actually, blood elves) replaced all manner of units with blood elf versions, though they all did exactly the same things, it was a nice thematic touch.

Agreed , I was a little dumb funded to see the UED so mirror to those outcast Korprulu sector Humans.

The only difference was that the "nationalities" of earth were visible ,Valkyries were either German or Russian.

Blizz tried to do a bit of patch working knowing that some people would have read the epilogue, Basically They tried to write in the idea that the UED incorporated some local militias, Such as Duran's splinter neo confederate group. Also they had the mission where you had to hijack a dominion fleet. But it doesn't explain all the discrepancies so it wouldn't surprise me if some of the history they had given in the manuals will be readjusted.

I bet like war craft the back history chronicling the landing of the first colonies will be changed like this since it longer fits canon as of Brood war, Its possible that instead of some prison ships flying off into oblivion out of contact. Maybe the Korprulu colonies were administered as penal colonies like Botany Bay by the UED or its earlier incarnation for the purpose of establishing a penal colony to harvest rare raw materials and relocate its "dissidents" just like a soviet Stalinist era gulag.

there was a fair distance to travel obviously , So defense of these outposts lay solely on the local garrisons. As years went on both the deported exiles and Garrison men began to have families and a society emerged .

As time went on these colonies grew dissatisfied and apathetic with the distant authority of Earth government, No longer were they willing to continually accept waves of new criminals annually spat out from earth ,As the Colonials refused to carry the burden of store housing Earth's problems on its shoulders.

Many ambitious men among the powerful colonies rallied the colonist for self determination and total independence from the increasingly irrelevant government on earth.

Unfortunately Ideological difference emerged from the political factions , Causing not only the colonies to breakaway from earth but for many of the ruling families or elected bodies of the various colonies to squabble over differences.

A planetary alliance and defense pact was signed and preparation for inevitable invasion from Earth was underway. So factories churned out military hardware and additional shipyards were being establish.

With haste the United Planetary league of earth responded swiftly to the uprising in the Korpulu sector. Immediately deploying a vanguard to put down the insurrection and place it back under proper earth rule.Although these minor colonies never where of major crucial importance to the UPL a example needed to be made of them to maintain order.

Within a year UPL forces arrived and a war of independence ensued. Some members of the colonial alliance namely the Imperialist oligarchs hoped to manipulate the war for their own strategic gain causing rivals grievous blows . By secretly passing on critical war intelligence to the UPL forces in a total act of betrayal , Largely against colonies whose governance consisted of descendants of exiles that choosed representative leadership and the much long lost art of Democracy rather then the Totalitarians or Oligarchy .

The Oligarchs tried to covertly negotiate an agreement with the UPL Marshals , Granting them autonomous self rule in exchange for compliance with UPL authority and mandate. The Oligarchs quickly swapped sides and now turned against their former allies devastating their armed forces and annexing their colonies. Now setting the foundation for what would become the Terran Confederacy, All records pertaining to the true history of Korpulu sector have been erased and altered to fit the purposes of the regime . All knowledge of pertaining to the contact and any exchange of technology between Earth and Terran Confederacy has been kept under the tightest secrecy for generations.

That's way too big a change though and directly contradicts the terran history. It's nothing to say they were being watched the entire time (it's not like the UED had any way of correcting the accident that threw those ships off course). Besides, they never really had plot holes when they added details. Even in Warcraft (no space) 3, though they gave history behind the corruption of the orcs where before it was assumed they were simply always corrupt, it didn't really directly contradict anything.

It's best not to speculate on the direction they'll take the story. We'll find out in due time.

Starcraft 2 Announced! - alien space marine - 1st June 2007

Dark Jaguar Wrote:That's way too big a change though and directly contradicts the terran history. It's nothing to say they were being watched the entire time (it's not like the UED had any way of correcting the accident that threw those ships off course). Besides, they never really had plot holes when they added details. Even in Warcraft (no space) 3, though they gave history behind the corruption of the orcs where before it was assumed they were simply always corrupt, it didn't really directly contradict anything.

It's best not to speculate on the direction they'll take the story. We'll find out in due time.

Unless it was shown within a game to form solid canon, Its very possible that the history could be reworked since it was just written online or in a manual.

But I like the idea that their was a conspiracy and the Confederacy was secretly collaborating with earth. So all the Technological discrepancies would be solved since earth was sending correspondence with the Confederacy so allot technology believe to have been developed by the Confederacy really originated from the UED, It would explain how the UED knew so much about the Zerg and perhaps why they launched an invasion to begin with. As their subordinates in the confederacy were wiped out by a new rising power who could manipulate the Zerg Swarm.

I am sure we will learn new revelations soon enough.

Starcraft 2 Announced! - A Black Falcon - 1st June 2007

DJ, what's wrong with speculation? Sure it'll be probably wrong, but who cares...

Starcraft 2 Announced! - Dark Jaguar - 1st June 2007

Hey just a few posts ago you were saying pretty much the same sentiment! :D

Starcraft 2 Announced! - alien space marine - 1st June 2007

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Hey just a few posts ago you were saying pretty much the same sentiment! :D

Not when the speculation is fun!

Now on other SC Mysteries

Why is almost every Terran white trash?

The only Black man they ever had in the game was really a masquerading alien entity yet to be identified. Although it seemed to show that black people were not out of the Norm in the Korprulu sector . Maybe Blizz should have some of the unit heads go chocolate's.

I think the Tank pilots should be black , Battle cruiser comanders should be Japanese or Korean "since the yamatto canon".