Tendo City
Wind Waker box art... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Wind Waker box art... (/showthread.php?tid=438)

Wind Waker box art... - Dark Jaguar - 18th March 2003

Well, IGN has pictures of WW's box art, and I must say they certainly have a nack for posting frickin' old yet irrelevent news sometimes. Seriously, who hasn't seen the box art in some display across the land? Eh, anyway, they seem to have a "wireless" gaming section there now. What happened to handheld? They just converted it to Game Boy only, and now when they have something to add to it, they give it it's own section. It's like giving Tiger electronic games their own section.

Anyway, as we all know, the cover is gold. The only news is the disk is gold, but in the worst way possible. They just made the color for the ink on the disk gold (the black area at the bottom is now gold, I guess that's kinda like doing something...). Nuts, this disk isn't different at all.

Wind Waker box art... - Laser Link - 18th March 2003

Yeah, IGN posted the boxart a couple months ago, but I was ecstatic to see the disc was gold. I know it's just gold paint and I was truly hoping for a disc that was itself gold, but I figured we would just get the typical silver disc with the Zelda logo in red or something. So this makes me happy. But I really want that Link bobble head.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the Hyrulian script on the disc says "Zeluda no Densetsu Kaze no Takuto" which is, of course, the Japanese name.

Wind Waker box art... - Smoke - 18th March 2003

I love goooooooooooold!

Er, I like the look of the all gold disc. :D

And yes that Link bobble head is awesome. It'd go great with the Donkey Kong bobble head I got with my Platinum GBA.

Wind Waker box art... - OB1 - 18th March 2003

Let's turn this into the countdown thread. WOOOT!! Only six days to go (for me)!!!!

And the gold disc does indeed kick ass!

Eh, it'll do I suppose... Oh right, it doesn't matter at all does it? :D

Countdown thread it is! Wait, isn't this like the 3rd countdown thread, in this latest forum alone?

Wind Waker box art... - A Black Falcon - 18th March 2003

A solid gold color disc... huh. I thought there was a rule that Cube discs had to be in 2 parts wtih that smaller section in a different color on the bottom part...

It is kinda stupid that Nintendo is so limiting with the colors. I mean, lovely full color disks are pretty common on all other systems, especially on major releases. The 3 color thing (black, silver, and "other") is getting rarer and rarer, except with Nintendo. Oh well, it gets the job done.

Wind Waker box art... - Laser Link - 19th March 2003

I hope we don't get a storm like this next week. I feel bad for all the Pokémon fans who can't get their game because everything in Colorado Springs is still closed. I would go insane if that happened to WW.

Wind Waker box art... - OB1 - 19th March 2003

Don't worry, next week should be fine.

Wind Waker box art... - Dark Jaguar - 19th March 2003

It's almost here! Well, the shipment is arriving Monday. Just got the call from Software Etc. They also asked if I wanted to pre-order Soul Calibur 2, stressing that Link is in that game (of course, they would expect me to want the GCN, not knowing if I had either of the other two systems), which I will decide on then, but likely no. I don't think I can afford that... Anyway, I never was actually certain of the release date, but I certainly was surprised it came so quickly. A few days yeah! Well, unless a blizzard suddenly strikes, which it very well could, but pfft, I'm not going to go around in fear of potential weather, or else I'd always be hanging around in a cellar.

SC II isn't even coming out until August.

Heh, well that would make this like a pre-preorder then. Hmm, will I have money a whole half year from now? Probably not...

I meant that it's pretty early for them to start advertising it.

Hmm, yeah I guess that does seem kinda early. Eh, I guess they figured that was the most likely pre-order to sell to customers who want Wind Waker.

Right.

Wind Waker box art... - Laser Link - 20th March 2003

Yes, I just got back from Babbages and they also told me Zelda would be in on Monday, not Tuesday!!! So WOOHOO!

Wind Waker box art... - OB1 - 20th March 2003

Yay for Colorado not sucking this time!

I'm gonna try to get my $40 back for the GBA that I sold to them. Best Buy is going to have the SP on sunday and I could only get a reservation at Babbages for their second shipment.

Wind Waker box art... - big guy - 20th March 2003

the gamestop i pre-ordered zelda from said they'll likely start selling it at 12:00 monday night/tuesday morn. though i waited so long to pre-order that i may not get one of the initial shipments. however, they said they're expecting extra's so my odds of getting my copy are pretty good.

Wind Waker box art... - OB1 - 21st March 2003

Only three more days!!! *in Kermit's voice* WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!