Tendo City
Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? (/showthread.php?tid=4370)

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Dark Jaguar - 13th May 2007

http://www.blizzard.com/

So apparently they did a history of their own games (Lost Vikings missing?) and a big ol' question mark at the end of that list. They have announced they are going to announce something... hurray?

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Trogdor - 13th May 2007

The lost vikings is kickass. That was one of the first games I ever played, with my brothers when I was six. There was sword guy, shield guy, and red guy, all working together to get to the big green EXIT. Good times

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Great Rumbler - 13th May 2007

Where's Blackthorne and Rock & Roll Racing?

And the Question Mark is probably World of Starcraft.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - A Black Falcon - 13th May 2007

Original titles:
RPM Racing (SNES)
Rock 'n Roll Racing (SNES, Genesis)
The Lost Vikings (SNES, Genesis, PC)
The Lost Vikings 2 (SNES, Genesis) (ported/adapted by Interplay and Beam Software to the PC, PSX, and Saturn as Norse By Norsewest: The Return of the Lost Vikings)
Blackthorne (SNES, 32X, PC)

And liscenced games:
The Death & Return of Superman (SNES, Genesis)
Justice League Task Force (SNES version; Condor Studios, unrelated at the time, made the completely different Genesis version. They met as a result and later on Condor became Blizzard North. I haven't played the game, but neither version has a good reputation...)

Some members of Blizzard had worked on some other Interplay games before founding Blizzard as well, I believe.

Quote:And the Question Mark is probably World of Starcraft.

I really, REALLY hope it's not. They need another RTS, not another MMO.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - N-Man - 13th May 2007

Great Rumbler Wrote:Where's Blackthorne and Rock & Roll Racing?

And the Question Mark is probably World of Starcraft.

Boring.

I'd like to see Starcraft 2, but I just can't see how they can match the first one. I'd almost be tempted to release another expansion.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Great Rumbler - 13th May 2007

Quote:I really, REALLY hope it's not. They need another RTS, not another MMO.

Why sell a game once when you can sell it to people every month?

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - A Black Falcon - 14th May 2007

But if they go even harder into being MMO-only, they'll alienate more of their old fanbase, which is quite large. I've become progressively more and more annoyed with Blizzard over the past couple of years as they seemingly ignore everything other than WoW in pursuit of greater profits, and if their next game is an MMO too... that would not be good. :(

It's not that I hate MMOs, but seriously, Blizzard can't let themselves go MMO only! They're the best in the industry at making RTS games... giving up on that would be incredibly stupid. Sure, matching Starcraft is perhaps impossible. But isn't it better to actually try?

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Dark Jaguar - 14th May 2007

I agree ABF. I agree GR...

Unfortunatly, every company that makes one MMO starts making a bunch more MMOs. Well, actually Squeenix avoided the trap of eternal MMO hell. The thing is, sure you get a LOT more profit in a short period of time, but in the long run it is not a good success strategy... I hope...

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Great Rumbler - 14th May 2007

Quote:It's not that I hate MMOs, but seriously, Blizzard can't let themselves go MMO only! They're the best in the industry at making RTS games... giving up on that would be incredibly stupid. Sure, matching Starcraft is perhaps impossible. But isn't it better to actually try?

Can't? They've stumbled across a goldmine and they're not going to give that up just appease "old" fans, especially not when they've got millions of new ones.

Maybe I'll be pleasently surprised, though.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Dark Jaguar - 14th May 2007

What will happen when Nintendo releases that Pokemon MMO down the line?

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Great Rumbler - 14th May 2007

You think a company as big as Nintendo would suddenly start making just MMOs?

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - alien space marine - 14th May 2007

Starcraft II is the most demanded game, It is the one longest overdue given the fact its almost been 10 years since brood war.

Most of us have already imagine the fuck of what that game could be 20x over.

Star craft was blizzards most profitable RTS and most influential game.

The only other thing would be a Diablo MMORPG, But I dont see blizzard doing that.

A new game all together is the 3rd option.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - alien space marine - 16th May 2007

Go to my other thread . MUlti console city.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - A Black Falcon - 16th May 2007

Quote:What will happen when Nintendo releases that Pokemon MMO down the line?

They won't, despite how much money it would make, because that would require setting up an online network where people can see and talk to eachother.

Quote:Starcraft II is the most demanded game, It is the one longest overdue given the fact its almost been 10 years since brood war.

Not quite, BW's 10th anniversary is a year and a half away... but other than that, yes.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Great Rumbler - 16th May 2007

Quote:They won't, despite how much money it would make, because that would require setting up an online network where people can see and talk to eachother.

In Diamond and Pearl you can talk to people using voice chat.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - A Black Falcon - 16th May 2007

Metroid Prime Hunters too, but it's completely irrelevant. GR, you know full well that that only works with people on your friends list, and you can't add people you meet online to that list or use those features in random games.

Blizzard: QUUUUUESSTION MAAARK? - Dark Jaguar - 16th May 2007

Really? That's neat. (By the way, if Blizzard is going to go straight MMO, why not Nintendo? I'm basically saying I doubt either case.)

However, Metroid Hunters did that. What really needs to happen is being able to invite the random people you are matched with to your friends list. Asking them to quote you their entire friend code (that they can't see during the match) and you writing it down just won't do the trick.