Tendo City
George A Romero film remake - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: George A Romero film remake (/showthread.php?tid=4255)

George A Romero film remake - alien space marine - 3rd March 2007

Any of you care for the classic zombie films?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulvle4RT7Bk

I just wish George would insure is intellectual property was put into better hands.

This Day of the Dead, from the trailer I can see it already doesn't seem to even remotely have much to do with the original film other then zombies. I read its not even being done as a sequel to the dawn remake,But a stand alone film.

The Dawn film kept some aspects from the original , "The mall , Being trapped on roof tops, With swarms of zombies surrounding the building trying to pry themselves in.

But this Day remake from the trailer misses the mark, In the original Romero film the Zombies were more or less already embarking on their rampage when the movie starts, The characters seek shelter in a laboratory bunker with scientist with the feds to examine zombie specimen, While the outside world gets ravaged.

This day remake , Doesn't do that , Its straight to the begin again back to what the other films already established like dawn, were everything starts normal , People start getting mauled and then comes the rising. * been there done that*

The big thing of Day is that its supposed to be a precursor to Land of the the dead the more recent film, Were Buba *fat black zombie* from land was experimented on in the Film Day of the dead in a attempt to domesticate him, Thats why he could think make some decisions and use weapons.( Although he was Caucasian in day and mysteriously underwent a negroplasty)

The big question is will that happen? Will the Zombie experiment occur or will this film suck?

George A Romero film remake - Weltall - 3rd March 2007

I've lost track of all the Romero remakes already.

I thought Day had already been done. But, I never saw any but Night of... and the three Return of... movies.

George A Romero film remake - Sacred Jellybean - 3rd March 2007

This doesn't bother me. I've already heard that the original Day of the Dead is terrible, have no interest in seeing it, and hence, do not object if another film maker would like to take a stab at it.

Remakes aren't ALWAYS terrible. The remake of Scarface is better than the original (though the original is awesome for how it pushed censorship at the time and still has its place). I like both Dawn of the Deads equally, for different reasons. I feel that assuming something original to be always be superior is heavily misguided.

Steve Miner has recent stinkers on his resume, mainly Lake Placid and Halloween H20. I didn't see all of the original Warlock, but the 1st 30 minutes looked decent (I was watching it to pass the time before going out). He also directed Friday the 13th 2 and 3, showing that he's not some new, young director that's obsessed with quick camera movements and all the other horrors that plague the terrible state of the horror movie industry nowadays.

Maybe I'll see Day of the Dead, if I come across the trailer and find it interesting. :shrug: I didn't think Land of the Dead was great, though, so perhaps Romero has lost his touch. I haven't seen anything by him that I've loved since Creepshow, Night of the Living Dead, and Dawn of the Dead (but I've only seen LotD since then).

Quote:I thought Day had already been done. But, I never saw any but Night of... and the three Return of... movies.

It has... by George Romero. http://imdb.com/title/tt0088993/

Quote:I thought Day had already been done. But, I never saw any but Night of... and the three Return of... movies.

There were 5. Two more were released in 2005, it seems. I never cared much for them, but one or two may be watchable.

George A Romero film remake - alien space marine - 3rd March 2007

George A Romero film remake - Darunia - 4th March 2007

I loathe when they make movies with borrowed titles, but then go off and make up their own plots and destory a franchise. Doom and Resident Evil both come to mind.

George A Romero film remake - Great Rumbler - 4th March 2007

As does "Legend of Earthsea". What a complete and utter disaster that was.

George A Romero film remake - alien space marine - 4th March 2007

Darunia Wrote:I loathe when they make movies with borrowed titles, but then go off and make up their own plots and destory a franchise. Doom and Resident Evil both come to mind.

Thats pretty much the hole point I wanted to bring up here, Day of the dead I sure as hell hope it wont just be a borrowed title that wont even have anything in common with the original, Dawn of the dead remake didn't have the same characters but the plot and surroundings *the mall* are more or less the same as the first incarnation. The remake of Scar Face had a guy name Tony who was a foreign criminal mobster just like the original film.

I hope this Day of the Dead will at least surprise me that its not gonna be what the Trailer makes me presume it to be.

But the Trailer already pisses me off for these reasons

1. Horny Teenagers

2. Virus causing zombification sounds like fucking RE

3. Resets to beginning prior to Zombie uprising unlike the original were they already assumed you've already seen that before and wont be impress by it.

The original film was just set were it had already happened and you wanted to answer the big question people asked like what caused the dead to rise and how to stop it.

George A Romero film remake - Sacred Jellybean - 5th March 2007

Quote:Doom and Resident Evil both come to mind.

RE was terrible. Doom looks dumb, though a friend of mine (whose opinions on movies I don't always agree with) raved about it.

I saw Ghost Rider recently (it was terrible), but something funny happened during the previews. One started out with a quick camera composition of a metropolitan city (Las Vegas, I think), and I scoffed, thinking it was a movie in the same vein of XXX and those awful Fast and the Furious movies. Then, it pans out to show that it's a television screen, and proceeds to show a composition shot of land that's been ravaged by a dust bowl. After about 20 seconds of this, my friends and I were all interested. The camera pans out to show the earth covered with dust... then zooms way, way, in, all the way to Milla Jovovich's face. We all groaned. It was a preview for the next RE movie.

Milla Jovovich is sexy, but she should consider doing a decent movie for once. My friend/room-mate claims that Ultraviolet is literally the worst movie he's ever seen. Maybe she just doesn't have the acting prowess. Oh well.

George A Romero film remake - alien space marine - 5th March 2007

Ultraviolet is shit! She simply doesn't pick out good scripts ,Nothing wrong trying to be a female action hero just lay off the fromage films, The best film I saw Mila in was the Fifth Element.

I say that RE commercial myself, I thought it was at first a fallout or post apocalyptic type film up until the point miss Jovovich showed up.