Tendo City
My Wild Theory - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: My Wild Theory (/showthread.php?tid=4242)

My Wild Theory - OB1 - 25th June 2003

Faranoth claims that he's in love with Guenvillarfe, but to tell you the truth I think he's just covering up for his lack of faith in Teragnome.

What do you guys thing?

My Wild Theory - A Black Falcon - 25th June 2003

I think you should read Wheel of Time, because its one of the best fantasy serieses ever.

serieses?

Plural of series?

My Wild Theory - Great Rumbler - 25th June 2003

"Serieses" isn't a word. The plural of "series" is "series".

Oh well.

Back on topic: OB1 is obviously insane if he doesn't think that Faranoth really loves Guenvillarfe. It's so obvious that he does! And to say that Faranoth doesn't have any faith in Teragnome! How can anyone come to that conclusion! Faranoth left Teragnome in charge of Drindal while he was fighting the war against the Empire of Gerath! I bet OB1 thinks that Gridel didn't really mean to kill the king either. Rolleyes

Hey, we're trying to have a discussion on REAL fantasy worlds here. :)

Oooo, contradictory...

Does Mr. Obvious here feel useful now?

I wouldn't if I wasn't!

My Wild Theory - Weltall - 25th June 2003

The Empire of Cadenta is embroiled in a fierce war with insurgent Darinth, once an independent kingdom, and now a rebellious conquered province of Cadenta. Just as Cadenta wins a major battle at the plains of Torsella, an unknown enemy, referred to only as Dai'Mon, descends upon Cadenta's distant capital, reducing the most beautiful and advanced city in the world into smoking ruins, changing forever the future of the world. Will Lord Locklear of Darinth take advantage of Cadenta's sudden disaster to take revenge upon the nation that conquered his, or will he realize that the Dai'Mon are just starting with Cadenta and intend to take Darinth as well?

Your thoughts?

My thoughts? I could do better, that's what I think! :p

How about this:

A fierce wind blew across the black sand desert. The mysterious wanderer pulled his cloak tighter around his face. His past haunted him like restless spirits. Blood and gunpowder and the dead were the only things he left in his wake. Death and destruction were second nature to him. Those who stood in his path were doomed to failure. His quick-draw was unmatched among this desolate wasteland. He glanced up to at the distant horizen. He could see the shape of a man at the top the next hill. He knew without a doubt that this was the man he had been searching so long for. The man he had sworn to kill!

How does mine sound familiar? :(

At first I thought it was taken from one of the Krondor books because of Locklear, but I guess not.

Anyway, mines better!

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
Back on topic: OB1 is obviously insane if he doesn't think that Faranoth really loves Guenvillarfe. It's so obvious that he does! And to say that Faranoth doesn't have any faith in Teragnome! How can anyone come to that conclusion! Faranoth left Teragnome in charge of Drindal while he was fighting the war against the Empire of Gerath! I bet OB1 thinks that Gridel didn't really mean to kill the king either. Rolleyes

You're absolutely out of your mind!! Faranoth can't love Guenvillarfe because he promised Serahmonanorn that he'd forever be her soul mate! And Gridel only wanted to kill the king because Lord Cassamehl threatened to destroy his village of Vervarmanass! Did you not read book 24: Runes of Folleewarfen's Diety???!!!

I'm dissapointed in you, GR. I hate you now.

Quote:Faranoth can't love Guenvillarfe because he promised Serahmonanorn that he'd forever be her soul mate!

That wasn't Faranoth! It was Varanoth his evil half-brother! You have to pay more attention, OB1!

Quote:And Gridel only wanted to kill the king because Lord Cassamehl threatened to destroy his village of Vervarmanass!

Don't try to tell me that he didn't secretly want the king dead so that his brother's foster son could marry the king's daughter's best friend! You can't deny that!

And besides Cassamehl was bluffing and Gridel should have realized that! His army couldn't even destroy Westfieldchestersonville in book 19: Voyage of the Gallarbans to Their Homeland!!

Quote:Did you not read book 24: Runes of Folleewarfen's Diety???!!!

What?! That was one of the worst ones! It paled in comparison to book 58: Temple of the Unknown Troll's God of Eating!

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
At first I thought it was taken from one of the Krondor books because of Locklear, but I guess not.

Anyway, mines better!

You read Feist?!?!?! I thought I was the only one! :holyshit: I like Krondor even more than WOT!

You're sorta right. My game's Locklear family is in fact named after Jimmy the Hand's best friend.

Yep, I read Feist.

I have: 1-4 Riftwar Saga and 1-3 Riftwar Legacy

Of those two series, Riftwar Legacy is my favorite.

Quote:That wasn't Faranoth! It was Varanoth his evil half-brother! You have to pay more attention, OB1!

Actually, they're identical twins except for their hair color... Faranoth's is black and Varanoth's white.

Quote:Don't try to tell me that he didn't secretly want the king dead so that his brother's foster son could marry the king's daughter's best friend! You can't deny that!

And besides Cassamehl was bluffing and Gridel should have realized that! His army couldn't even destroy Westfieldchestersonville in book 19: Voyage of the Gallarbans to Their Homeland!!

But you forget that Westfieldchestersonville was actually a huge city with a large army, while the village of Vervarmanass is actually a village, and thus vulnerable to Cassamehl's army of evil... don't you remember these things?

As for Teragnome, everyone except Faranoth knows he's betraying Faranoth... when he left Teragnome in charge of the city, after all, he rounded up all his political enemies and sent them to the deepest dungeons until Faranoth returned...

And the Empire of Erkodath is looming on the horizon with their army of enslaved mages!

I'm already getting confused by the story of this series...

Quote:Actually, they're identical twins except for their hair color... Faranoth's is black and Varanoth's white.

No...No...NO! They're half-brothers! It explained that very clearly in book 12: Armies of the Empire of the Sheepherds.

Quote:But you forget that Westfieldchestersonville was actually a huge city with a large army, while the village of Vervarmanass is actually a village, and thus vulnerable to Cassamehl's army of evil... don't you remember these things?

You're thinking of WestfieldchestersonCITY. There's quite a difference between the two. Didn't you read in book 4 about the city's walls! They're reknowned for their durability and size! And Vervarmanass is hardly a village they have no less than two mini-malls and that's just in the town commons! They have an eight story hotel in the downtown area, for goodness sake!

Quote:And the Empire of Erkodath is looming on the horizon with their army of enslaved mages!

They aren't slaves!! They're INDENTURED!! Book 81 clearly stated that the mages became indentured to Lord Voltarmo in the year 68907 L.G. becuase of their massive gambling debts.

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Actually, they're identical twins except for their hair color... Faranoth's is black and Varanoth's white.

But you forget that Westfieldchestersonville was actually a huge city with a large army, while the village of Vervarmanass is actually a village, and thus vulnerable to Cassamehl's army of evil... don't you remember these things?

As for Teragnome, everyone except Faranoth knows he's betraying Faranoth... when he left Teragnome in charge of the city, after all, he rounded up all his political enemies and sent them to the deepest dungeons until Faranoth returned...

And the Empire of Erkodath is looming on the horizon with their army of enslaved mages!

I'm already getting confused by the story of this series...

Jesus, didn't any of you remember the eleventh book "Ephinephranox's Fury"? Cassamehl's evil is only a farce! His true motive is to prevent the Beaked Demons of Kaedrinol from capturing the sacred Runic Codex of Hallaspur that was hidden in the Under-Morgoth temple right after the war between Garinth Half-Elven and the Wizard Lizards of Southwest Sespegradnus. Ruxinfor, the monk of the Order of Most Sacred Light hid the Runic Codex in the ziggurat, and bound it with all sorts of magic traps and illusions to confuse any curious souls who wander in. However, since Espinald of Kaedrinol holds the Pommel Stone of Murgwrath's Scramasax, he can see through illusions and capture the Runic Codex, which would bring him the untold power of the dead gods and bring an eternity of barren misery to the lands of Cassamehl and the entire world. But since Cassamehl's people have long been distrusted since their genocide of the mountainpeople of Ghandar, he deduced that he would have to risk the consequences of mass invasion in order to prevent Espinald from achieving his black goals. Faranoth is only acting in his interests when he leads his armies against Cassamehl's anyway, and if he had prevailed, disaster would have followed, however, he could not know that and his blood-oath to kill Cassamehl could not be avoided, nor could it be rescinded even after Faranoth learned the truth.

You know what, I'm not even going to bother arguing with you people. It's obvious that you know nothing about WOT and the characters in these stories, and it's making me sick. As Sarphamoles ones said, "To ode in your light is like a butterfly on the morn".

Quote:No...No...NO! They're half-brothers! It explained that very clearly in book 12: Armies of the Empire of the Sheepherds.

But they could be mistaken for identical twins with hats on... as Faranoth learned to is sorrow when Varanoth infiltrated his army and murdered his top general on the orders of his secret and shadowy master in the Tower of Black Doom at Karagsurtantazellanth (located in the Endless Desert of Doom beyond Cassamehl's mountain duchy of Terkarza)...

Quote:They aren't slaves!! They're INDENTURED!! Book 81 clearly stated that the mages became indentured to Lord Voltarmo in the year 68907 L.G. becuase of their massive gambling debts.

Right... Endokothian mages have a known weakness for dice, and eventually they all got in debt to a couple of powerful evil mages who put them in chains... tragic story, truly.

Quote:You're thinking of WestfieldchestersonCITY. There's quite a difference between the two. Didn't you read in book 4 about the city's walls! They're reknowned for their durability and size! And Vervarmanass is hardly a village they have no less than two mini-malls and that's just in the town commons! They have an eight story hotel in the downtown area, for goodness sake!

You are just thinking of when Faranoth was there in summer. Remember, its a huge tourist destination because of the Wells of Life in the town, so they have many hotels and malls to rake in tourist money... but there are only a few thousand inhabitants and the walls are not well kept up. After all, no one would attack a city so deep within the empire...

Oh, and we now know that Faranoth loves Guenvillarfe. But does she love him, or is she cheating on him with Terragnome and is actually the one prodding him into his evil deeds?

Or is that too much for even this story... :D

Oh, and Weltall, quite a convoluted explanation there. But its got a flaw...

How does Lord Cassamehl's intent to save the Runed Codex explain his murdering his own King? I thought he just wanted to kill the king so that when he "liberated" the Codex from the so-called Beaked Demons (who were actually the Guardians of the Heights who he angered by sending the brave but stupid Ruxinfor to (successfully) steal the Codex) he could keep it for himself... you actually believed his lies that he told Faranoth? Pathetic... I thought you knew better than that!

My Wild Theory - Great Rumbler - 26th June 2003

You see, the king was really in league with the Beaked Demons.

We should write a book.

My Wild Theory - A Black Falcon - 26th June 2003

Quote:You see, the king was really in league with the Beaked Demons.

Well that's one more reason Cassamehl would want to get rid of them...

Quote:We should write a book.

We'd have to write the story in a more sensible way, though, and not do it in a way that pretty much every post contradicts half of the previous one... :)

My Wild Theory - OB1 - 26th June 2003

And include my awesome names.

Westfieldchestersonville rules.

Quote:We'd have to write the story in a more sensible way, though, and not do it in a way that pretty much every post contradicts half of the previous one...

It doesn't HAVE to make sense...

True.

So anyone want to continue the story? :)

I'll see what I can do.

Quote:But does she love him, or is she cheating on him with Terragnome and is actually the one prodding him into his evil deeds?

This was alluded to in Book 19: "The Wandering Salesman of Doooom" and some have said that Terragnome and Guenvillarfe are secretly plotting to cause Faranoth's downfall. But in Book 22: "The Grounds Keeper's Secret Dungeon" Guenvillarfe saved Faranoth from being poisoned by the grounds keeper and told Faranoth about his sister who was being held in the grounds keeper's dungeon. But there are too many inconsistancies on both sides to be sure.

Quote:His true motive is to prevent the Beaked Demons of Kaedrinol from capturing the sacred Runic Codex of Hallaspur

The only reason Cassamehl had the Codex stolen is because he wanted to harness it's power for his own purposes. He spread the rumor that the Beaked Demons were going to use it to conquer the world. Actually, the "Beaked Demons" are just giant, intelligent winged-men from the mountains in the far east and they only used the Codex to make their crops grow better and to provide them with clean drinking water.

Quote:This was alluded to in Book 19: "The Wandering Salesman of Doooom" and some have said that Terragnome and Guenvillarfe are secretly plotting to cause Faranoth's downfall. But in Book 22: "The Grounds Keeper's Secret Dungeon" Guenvillarfe saved Faranoth from being poisoned by the grounds keeper and told Faranoth about his sister who was being held in the grounds keeper's dungeon. But there are too many inconsistancies on both sides to be sure.

But Book 37 part two clearly shows that at that point Terragnome has grown in power and Faranoth still doesn't know... and we all know Terragnome is no genious, so its got to be someone powerful helping him...

Quote:The only reason Cassamehl had the Codex stolen is because he wanted to harness it's power for his own purposes. He spread the rumor that the Beaked Demons were going to use it to conquer the world. Actually, the "Beaked Demons" are just giant, intelligent winged-men from the mountains in the far east and they only used the Codex to make their crops grow better and to provide them with clean drinking water.

That's what I said.

My Wild Theory - Weltall - 26th June 2003

But the Beaked Demons sacked East Villanueve! FOUR TIMES!

Well that town is one of Cassamehl's strongholds so I'm not surprised.

My Wild Theory - Laser Link - 27th June 2003

Quote:I like Krondor even more than WOT!

I thought I cured you of that disease.

My Wild Theory - A Black Falcon - 27th June 2003

Krondor better than WOT? Krondor is good, sure... but better than WOT? Insanity!

My Wild Theory - Weltall - 27th June 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Laser Link
I thought I cured you of that disease.

You almost did, and then the last three WOT books disappointed me :(

So I still favor Krondor. Not by much, mind. Just a little bit. They are actually two very different series.

My Wild Theory - A Black Falcon - 27th June 2003

Filler? I'd call it detail, and I like it...

My Wild Theory - Weltall - 4th April 2004

Great Rumbler Wrote:At first I thought it was taken from one of the Krondor books because of Locklear, but I guess not.

Anyway, mines better!

Now that I think about it, yours sounds like a rote synopsis of "The Gunslinger"! Mad

My Wild Theory - OB1 - 4th April 2004

Took you quite a long time to reply, eh?

My Wild Theory - Great Rumbler - 4th April 2004

Quote:Now that I think about it, yours sounds like a rote synopsis of "The Gunslinger"!

:D

My Wild Theory - alien space marine - 8th April 2004

:gay2:

My Wild Theory - Great Rumbler - 8th April 2004

Back off, Sparky McTinkerstein!

:nono:

My Wild Theory - Great Rumbler - 8th April 2004

:shake:

:wavey:

My Wild Theory - Weltall - 26th February 2007

This thread needs to live again.

My Wild Theory - A Black Falcon - 26th February 2007

It did?

My Wild Theory - Weltall - 26th February 2007

Yeah. I kept hearing voices of the Netherdark, telling me it must be. The fate of the Eleven Hills of Utopitopia lay in the balance. Without our impressive powers of storyweaving, Cassamehl may yet prevail.

And, you know it's fun.

My Wild Theory - A Black Falcon - 26th February 2007

Just to show how much we miss ASM, I guess... :)