Tendo City
Kid Icarus Returns! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Kid Icarus Returns! (/showthread.php?tid=4225)

Kid Icarus Returns! - A Black Falcon - 12th February 2007

... to the VC (out today). :evilcube:

Kirby's Adventure and Ice Climber too... a lot better than most of the NES stuff they've released, that's for sure... (well, Mario, Zelda, and a few others are good, but Tennis? Ice Hockey? Etc? Ah...)

Kid Icarus Returns! - Weltall - 13th February 2007

Tennis is awesome. Hold your tongue.

Kid Icarus Returns! - A Black Falcon - 13th February 2007

I will admit that NES Baseball is oddly decent for a first-gen NES sports title, but still... compared to Kid Icarus and especially Kirby's Adventure? Kirby's Adventure is awesome... :)

Kid Icarus Returns! - DMiller - 13th February 2007

Nintendo has released some awesome VC games the last few weeks. For some reason I don't own Kirby for the NES, although I played my friend's copy to death back in the day. I may have to make a new VC purchase.

Kid Icarus Returns! - EdenMaster - 13th February 2007

I just recently bought SMW and MK64, although SMW is nigh unplayable with a GC controller, so I'll have to wait and get a Classic Controller to enjoy that one.

MK64 works great though, if you can get past the apparent outrage that some people are showing about not having ghost gata. Rolleyes

Quote:MK64 works great though, if you can get past the apparent outrage that some people are showing about not having ghost gata.

I'm much, much more unhappy about the terrible controller options available for N64 games than for the lack of ghost saves... though that latter one would become an equally huge problem if htis means that they never release any mempack save-only titles for the VC (see: the vast majority of third-party N64 releases)...

Quote:Nintendo has released some awesome VC games the last few weeks. For some reason I don't own Kirby for the NES, although I played my friend's copy to death back in the day. I may have to make a new VC purchase.

Kirby's Dream Land was one of the two games I got Christmas 1994 when I got my first Game Boy... well, along with Super Mario Land. Great game, and I liked the series ever since... haven't gotten any Kirby games in the past five or so years, though, other than Kirby 64 and Kirby Air Ride, both of which were mediocre at best... well, and Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble; that one was good.

Anyway, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Dream Land 2, and Kirby Super Star are the height of the platformer Kirby series. Kirby's Dream Course and Kirby's Pinball are the top of the spinoff line, followed by Tilt 'n' Tumble. :)

Scandal! Kid Icarus emulation is incomplete, like Mario Kart 64's is!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/13/secret-passwords-lost-in-kid-icarus-vc/

Kid Icarus Returns! - EdenMaster - 13th February 2007

A Black Falcon Wrote:I'm much, much more unhappy about the terrible controller options available for N64 games than for the lack of ghost saves... though that latter one would become an equally huge problem if htis means that they never release any mempack save-only titles for the VC (see: the vast majority of third-party N64 releases)...

Wha...?

I have both Mario 64 and MK64 and they both work wonderfully with a GC controller...

ABF's Link Wrote:Forget about the old "ICARUS FIGHTS MEDUSA ANGELS" code. Ain't gonna work with the Virtual Console version of Kid Icarus released Monday. A warning attached to the game download states: "The original Kid Icarus allowed players to use secret passwords; however, Virtual Console does not support these passwords."

So?

Kid Icarus Returns! - Great Rumbler - 13th February 2007

Quote:I have both Mario 64 and MK64 and they both work wonderfully with a GC controller...

And you'd be right.

Kid Icarus Returns! - Dark Jaguar - 13th February 2007

EdenMaster Wrote:Wha...?

I have both Mario 64 and MK64 and they both work wonderfully with a GC controller...

So?

Eh, no biggy, but at least Nintendo didn't lie about it this time. It just told it like it is, the VC doesn't support that feature. Now if they just did that with MK64 I wouldn't have that much of an issue at all. Remember EM, I really wasn't making the lack of ghost data into a big deal so much as the way Nintendo announced it, which was dishonest.

At any rate, I'm not interested even if it did do it fully. I already own all the games I'm interested in on the VC. The thing is, I kinda wish they'd let us at the Japanese download list. I'd like to play Kid Icarus or Metroid with 3 save slots and the original sound effects (the disk system had some extra sound capabilities, nothing of much note but it did add just a little to those old games).

Quote:At any rate, I'm not interested even if it did do it fully. I already own all the games I'm interested in on the VC. The thing is, I kinda wish they'd let us at the Japanese download list. I'd like to play Kid Icarus or Metroid with 3 save slots and the original sound effects (the disk system had some extra sound capabilities, nothing of much note but it did add just a little to those old games).

So would virtually everyone else, but Nintendo is being really stupid and forcing people to only be able to re-buy games already previously available in their region.

... seriously, what in the world are they thinking? It makes no sense... "we'll give you a shop, but won't let you do the things you actually want to do with it; for that, continue using the roms on your computer!"

Quote:Wha...?

Oh come on, haven't we established enough times before that there are innumerable N64 games and 6-button-supporting Genesis games that will have major problems being shoehorned into a four face button controller for this to not sound like such an odd thing to say? Yes, I believe I have. Nintendo's decision to have the CC controller have only four face buttons is absolutely inexcusable.

Quote:So?

Just another sign of Nintendo's lack of effort on the whole VC thing.

Kid Icarus Returns! - Dark Jaguar - 13th February 2007

VC is a great idea, it's just not perfect. That about sums up my opinion on it. I'd say an option to browse other language versions would be much appreciated. They need only note that "these games have not been localized and many require skills in another language to fully appreciate".