Tendo City
Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news (/showthread.php?tid=422)

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - OB1 - 14th March 2003

From Games Are Fun:

Quote:Skies of Arcadia 2 in early planning stages
In a recent interview with Kikizo Games, the presidents of several of Sega's outstanding research and development teams sat down to talk about several subjects, including future projects.

The article is a great read but, for brevity's sake, we've gathered the most enticing tidbits here. First up, when asked whether OverWorks would make a sequel to the Dreamcast and GameCube classic, Skies of Arcadia, Noriyoshi Oba stated that the game is in the planning stages. Definitely good news for those who can't wait to hit the skies again.

Tetsuya Mizuguchi, head honcho at United Game Artists (UGA), said he would be very interested in making a sequel to Rez. He was disappointed by the first game's sales, but he feels that giving the series another chance wouldn't be foolish.

The legendary Yu Suzuki discussed AM2's upcoming GameCube adventure, Virtua Figher Quest. Even though details have been sparse at best, rumors of its cancellation are seemingly false as development is moving along. Suzuki claims that VF Quest will have some RPG elements, but will be an adventure game, through and through. Also, while the Shenmue series (once thought to be a Virtua Fighter RPG), has a very realistic look to it, Virtua Fighter Quest will have super-deformed characters.
Source: Kikizo Games

Posted by Soul4ger on 3.14.2003

Great to hear about Skies 2 and Rez 2! But the VF news is kind of dissapointing. Can't any Japanese third party aside from Capcom make a Gamecube game that's not made for kids??

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - Great Rumbler - 14th March 2003

Looks like it's going to be Virtua Fighter RPG Kids after all.

But, the Goemon games had super deformed characters...

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - Laser Link - 14th March 2003

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I'm even feeling so happy that I won't stretch out the screen. It just better be coming to GameCube. I don't want to have to buy another console.

I don't think they mentioned that it's coming out for the Gamecube. I don't even think it could come out before the end of the GC's lifespan.

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - Dark Jaguar - 14th March 2003

OB1, I'm surprised at you. Of all the people who should not be thinking that non-realistic art styles mean not nice deep story or whatever, you should certainly be one of them. Super deformed is fine by me. I mean, what about Final Fantasy IX and Crystal Chronicles?

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - Laser Link - 14th March 2003

I know they didn't give a console, that's why I said it better be GameCube. If they said "It's coming to GameCube" I wouldn't have to hope for it, I would know. :) And yeah, you are right that it probably won't be out before GameCube is gone. But even the next Nintendo console would make me happy.

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
OB1, I'm surprised at you. Of all the people who should not be thinking that non-realistic art styles mean not nice deep story or whatever, you should certainly be one of them. Super deformed is fine by me. I mean, what about Final Fantasy IX and Crystal Chronicles?

Super-deformed is good and all but in this situation it's very obvious that Sega is doing this because they consider the Gamecube to be a kid's system. All of the games they have released for the system so far have been kid-friendly games, and while most of them are excellent games it would be nice if they didn't treat the Gamecube as the baby console. Give us a real VF game or Panzer Dragoon!

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - Private Hudson - 15th March 2003

Or you could just play them on your PS2 or XBox and shut up.

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - OB1 - 15th March 2003

But I'm a Nintendo fan first and foremost and I hate seeing the Gamecube treated as the stupid baby's toy. These third-parties really annoy me.

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - Sacred Jellybean - 15th March 2003

Why is everyone expecting Skies to come out in 2-3 years? They said it was only in the planning stages, but still...

Hell it took them almost two years just to port over Skies to the Gamecube with no visual enhancements.

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - Private Hudson - 15th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
But I'm a Nintendo fan first and foremost and I hate seeing the Gamecube treated as the stupid baby's toy. These third-parties really annoy me.

Meh.. I just wanted you to shut up.

:)

:finger:

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - A Black Falcon - 16th March 2003

Uh, didn't we always know VF Quest was a more 'kiddy' game, and superdeformed characters sure aren't a surprise to me...

Oh, and news of those three games is great...

And Skies of Arcadia II BETTER be on NGC!

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - OB1 - 16th March 2003

Don't bet on it.

And we didn't know anything about VF Quest other than that it's VF RPG.

I thought I remember hearing somewhere that it was "for younger audiences" or something...

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - big guy - 16th March 2003

they did announce that it was gonna be super deformed.

and skies 2 had better be on GC...

Anyone have any idea how well Skies 1 sold on GC? If it sold decently a case for the sequel on the same system would be a lot better...

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - OB1 - 17th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by big guy
they did announce that it was gonna be super deformed.

and skies 2 had better be on GC...

I don't remember that. Please find a news source.

Skies of Arcadia 2, Rez 2, and VF Quest news - big guy - 17th March 2003

oh, OB1...you're right. i admit, it may not be super deformed.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=2845

in this article, planetgamecube says that it won't be skewed toward a younger audience, but they do mention an article where sega said that it would be, which is what i was referring to, which resulted in the confusion.