Tendo City
Nintendo News - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Nintendo News (/showthread.php?tid=4199)

Nintendo News - Dark Jaguar - 26th January 2007

Well, Nintendo has finally given us the REST of the promised launch features with the associated press powered news service.

What's the very first article I read? PS3 to make European Debut on March 23. It doesn't seem right does it? :D At any rate, I'm glad Nintendo isn't taking a censorship policy in this.

Nintendo News - A Black Falcon - 26th January 2007

Only 425 UK pounds ($832), no Core model available! Buy three!

Nintendo News - Great Rumbler - 26th January 2007

Quote:Only 425 UK pounds ($832), no Core model available! Buy three!

And 599 Euros = $773. Hooray!

And the first news article I saw was about the woman that tried to win a Wii by drinking two gallons of water and then subsequently died.

Nintendo News - Weltall - 26th January 2007

...right from the bottle ahaha

Nintendo News - lazyfatbum - 26th January 2007

News Channel's pretty bad ass, i was surprised to see how much content it has and its international content is awesome. The addition of the globe to check stories locally or region specific is cool, but I kept help but wonder why AP (or Nintendo) doesn't have embedded videos of local news broadcasts as well from all over the world. It would be great to watch Kyoto news with subtitles. As it is now its great, a digital newspaper basically, but I think it needs videos in a youtube style. I want to SEE the REENACTMENT of the MOUNTAIN LION attacking the HIKER

Nintendo News - Dark Jaguar - 26th January 2007

Well since a reenactment is merely gleaned from the existing information, only with added potential to misinform, I don't care about those. I also don't care to see "on the scene" type stories, where someone is right AT the hurricane, as though they needed to prove that yes, the hurricane you can see easily from sattellite photos does in fact exist. Other things, like interviews or videos of truly unique stories that might actually benefit from someone "at the scene", those would be nice.

I heard about that stupid contest. Contrary to this odd "all natural is good for you" delusion, too much water CAN in fact kill you. Besides, radium is all natural, but I don't need a supplement of THAT in my diet.

Nintendo News - Great Rumbler - 26th January 2007

Germs/parasites are natural too, but I don't think you want to eat very many of them.

Nintendo News - DMiller - 27th January 2007

The news channel is pretty nice. I was a bit disappointed in the weather channel, but the news channel gives me pretty much everything I want. As lazy said spinning the globe to check news from around the world is a lot of fun. Two features I would have liked to see are videos of news stories as well as a local news feature. You should be able to put in your zip code and it can put together all the stories nearby.

Nintendo News - Dark Jaguar - 27th January 2007

Maybe if anything interesting ever happened locally, I'd agree.

Nintendo News - lazyfatbum - 27th January 2007

she didnt die from drinking too much water, she died from holding in her urine with an extremely full bladder and stomach at which point her kidney's gave out, as far as I understand. Anyway the only way you can die from too much water is if it causes you to vomit repeatedly and eventually become dehydrated from the lack of water in the body. That dude in the gulf war was forced to drink 11 gallons of water over a 3 hour period and then died, the pathologist gave a reason for death as extreme dehydration since his stomach was so full he would vomit more water out than he took in.

If you press the 1 button while reading the news, you can highlight text. I dunno how to copy paste it yet, but they need to put that in Opera. In time, i expect to see a weather channel that's integrated in to the news channel, that's integrated in to the message board and email, and so on. You play as your Mii and explore the virual globe and even play mini games or go fishing or take a boat ride, etc. It wont be soon but it'll be there. Like an Animal Crossing shell around the Wii Channels that handles them all as one fluid experience.

I'm also curious as to when a IM program will come in to being. Something that can run in the background and be accessed by pressing the home button so that you can send a message in the middle of gameplay and get a beep when a message is recieved or have chatrooms not unlike the DS rooms. But this whole 'building the online experience around the avoidance of getting kids hurt' has to go. The internet has been hurting kids for years - i was one of them, it's a part of growing up just like finding dad's playboys or being molested by the gym couch.

Nintendo News - DMiller - 27th January 2007

You were molested by a couch lazy? I'll never look at living room furniture the same way again.

Nintendo News - Dark Jaguar - 27th January 2007

Actually lazy, it can happen. Too much of anything can kill you. Water included. For example, enough in the blood stream will dilute the cells and cause them to burst. You'll drown in your own fluids. As a lesser, more plausible example, if you are extremely dehydrated, drinking water too fast when you finally get some is a bad idea. Your dried up cells will burst, and you will die. Drink it slowly, over like an hour, so your body can adapt.

We are biological machines. Water is nothing more than a part of that machine, it isn't a magical elixer that is always a good. You can have too much, or clog up parts of the machine it isn't supposed to go in, like your lungs.

Nintendo News - EdenMaster - 27th January 2007

The news channel is wonderful, I love it. I never remember (or never bother :D) to watch the news on TV so this is a great way for me to stay in touch with the world.

Nintendo News - Smoke - 5th February 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication