Tendo City
Can't Edit My Avatar - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Can't Edit My Avatar (/showthread.php?tid=4101)

Can't Edit My Avatar - The Former DMiller - 25th November 2006

Anyone know why I can't change my avatar? I want to put a new Wii-specific one, but it won't let me change it in my CP. It let me delete the old one, but there is no option for adding a new one. Could this be a bug caused by the recent forum problems?

Can't Edit My Avatar - Weltall - 25th November 2006

I just now changed mine, so I'm at a loss to explain.

Can't Edit My Avatar - EdenMaster - 25th November 2006

"Hey, are you taking a dump?"

"Hell yeah!"

Well, this is what I see when I try to change it. Is it any different than what you guys have?

[Image: avatar.png]

This is what mine looks like. Perhaps it's a problem with your TC version? I'm using Tendo City X: Sunlight Edition.

<i>EDIT:</i> Oh, I think I see. Try clicking that little blue circle next to "Do not use an avatar".

I tried clicking the blue circle but it doesn't deselect it. I also tried every TC version but they all look the same.

Can't Edit My Avatar - A Black Falcon - 25th November 2006

How weird, it's not like that for me for sure...

Can't Edit My Avatar - Great Rumbler - 25th November 2006

I went into the Admin section and tried to change DMiller's avatar, but it won't work there either. Something wrong with the system, maybe?

Can't Edit My Avatar - Weltall - 25th November 2006

Wait though; aren't we all admins? Maybe this is a permissions problem.

I just did some investigative work in the admin panel. Unless I'm missing something, nothing appears out of order, the settings clearly state that users may use custom avatars.

This doesn't make any sense.

Well, Ryan, here you go! A glitch to dissect and solve! Part of your duties as "Teh Webmaster" (been I while since I called you that, huh?)

Can't Edit My Avatar - Christeen21 - 25th November 2006

***This is really EdenMaster***

I hijacked this spam-bots account to toy with avatars without risking my own. However, there appears to be nothing amiss with this clearly NOT an admin account. I was able to wipe clean and apply new avatars without incident. I am at a loss, Derek.

Can't Edit My Avatar - Weltall - 26th November 2006

As everyone can plainly see, I had no trouble changing Dennis Miller's avatar.

So, I am, once and again, at a loss.

Can't Edit My Avatar - The Former DMiller - 26th November 2006

Well what the hell? I guess it works through the admin CP since you could change it, but it still won't let me change anything. Anyway, I am mad about zombie rape, but I would like my Wii avatar so if you could put this pic as my avatar I'd appreciate it:

[Image: wii.jpg]

Can't Edit My Avatar - A Black Falcon - 26th November 2006

DMiller isn't an admin but he is a 'Super Moderator', can you do anything from the moderator control panel? ... probably not, that one's limited isn't it...

Can't Edit My Avatar - Dark Jaguar - 26th November 2006

Hmm... At this rate I may need to delete your account, then you can recreate it and all your stats can be added back in manually. I could get rid of your avatar but the change to the new one won't "stick" when I attempt to save it. Repairing profiles doesn't resolve it, so if all else fails, use fire.

Just post all your profile info right in this very thread (save your password), then I delete your account, then you create it again. I'll do the rest from there.

Can't Edit My Avatar - The Former DMiller - 26th November 2006

Okay:

Anything else I would need to keep?

Can't Edit My Avatar - Weltall - 26th November 2006

Wait a moment. We could instead transfer all the information from Miller's current account to one of the spam accounts that already exists.

See, if the account is deleted, so are all the posts and threads made by the user. I'd like to avoid that, as it would clearly prove disruptive.

I'll get on it now.

Can't Edit My Avatar - DMiller - 26th November 2006

Testing...

Okay, everything looks good.

Derek, both this account and your old (The Former DMiller) should be accessible to you now. I've sent a PM from this one to your old one with your password, which I would presume you'll want to change.

Can't Edit My Avatar - Dark Jaguar - 26th November 2006

Hey wait, what? Seriously? That's a pretty terrible thing to delete all the posts and threads... I'd expect maybe it would list it as "Anonymous User" or something, but that's pretty extreme.

Well, at least a data transfer should work fine. Make sure to send a PM to DM with the password for that profile.