Tendo City
I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! (/showthread.php?tid=4071)

Pages: 1 2

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Great Rumbler - 18th November 2006

I'm heading out at around 8:30 or 9:00 to go get a Wii. I scoped out likely places for purchase and aside from a couple of people camped out in front of Wal-Mart about about six people in front of Best Buy, it doesn't look like I'll have any problems getting a Wii.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 18th November 2006

I have a friend who works in retail (you've seen him here occasionally as Nick Burns), Circuit City to be exact, and I've gotten some info from him about supply. His store will be getting 12 Wii's, the nearby Wal-Mart, about 20.

His Circuit City will be giving out vouchers for the 12 they have starting at 8 A.M. tomorrow morning. I have no intention of camping or even waiting more than an hour or so before getting a Wii. I will probably go to Wal-Mart this evening around 10:30 to scope out the crowd, and if it's rather thin, I'll whip out my DS and wait for the midnight launch (this is a Nintendo system, I'll bet someone else there will have Mario Kart!). If it's a swarm, I'll head home and try for one of those vouchers tomorrow morning. If I can't swipe one there, then it's off to the low-traffic stores like K-Mart and, like lazy, Sears.

If all else fails, there will be another shipment soon.

I'm hoping to get there before the crowds. Stores that open Sunday morning aren't really an option since I have other obligations.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 18th November 2006

Other..."obligations"? What kind of obligations are worth missing the Wii?!

Church.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - The Former DMiller - 18th November 2006

God would understand.

Anyway, I will definitely be getting a Wii sometime in the next 12 hours. The Meijer I was planning on waiting at changed their plan for the Wii launch after what happened at the PS3 launch. Apparently a fight broke out, but I didn't get many details. They are having a raffle tonight at 11pm. If I don't win a Wii in the raffle my sister found out that the Best Buy near her college has over 100 systems! And they said they don't anticipate a line so if I get there when it opens I should get one. Yipee!

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Dark Jaguar - 18th November 2006

Do you have something going on? What church obligation do you have? You can miss one day. Not like the rapture's going to hit tomorrow and god's going to be all "that one time, you got that Wii? Yeah, burn in hell for it".

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - The Former DMiller - 18th November 2006

Well, no Wii for me tonight. There were seriously between 300 and 400 people at Meijer to get 25 systems. My sister and friend showed up to increase my chances, but there wasn't really much of a chance. I guess it's Best Buy in the morning. My sister just called and said there are about 20 people lined up outside there, but I'm not too worried. There are plenty of stores that will be selling the Wii tomorrow so I'm sure I can get it somewhere. Now...to bed.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - lazyfatbum - 18th November 2006

I'm so excited I cant sleep, all i can think of is this dream, its a montage of dynamic panning shots of Wii with its blue light blinking in beat to Final Countdown. Intercut between scenes of Wiimotes filmed in what best can be described as stop motion animation that are going on some kind of date, they visit a movie theater to watch that romantic movie with Hugh Jackman and it sucks and there's a scene where their watching the movie and their hands touch as they reach for the popcorn at the same time and one of them blushes and vibrates. Then, outside the theater, just as they're about to kiss, I hear an air raid siren and these mangled nude bodies that look to have been skinned completely run on all fours after various rap artists. The wiimotes watch as 50 Cent is eaten and raped by some of the larger of the demons. And i'm there, and I have Brad Pitt abs but i'm not all faggy and boyish, I look like Rambo only more so, and I pick up one of the wiimotes and put it in to my sword, and my wife puts hers in the Aliens styled shoulder mounted minigun that's harnessed to her 9 foot body and she and I kill the demons and rap artists as we sing the lyrics to Final Countdown in operatic stylings.

Then I wake up.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Great Rumbler - 19th November 2006

[Image: DSC00413.jpg]

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Weltall - 19th November 2006

I'm not even getting one today, but I still hate you.

I'm going to be strategic about it. On December 1st, I get a voucher for 20% off any single item in the store.

Guess who's saving $50 on their Wii, just for waiting two weeks?

Yeah, that's right.

THAT'S RIGHT.

[size=4]IT'S LIKE STEALING FOR FREE.

[/size]

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 19th November 2006

Curse your employee discount!

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Great Rumbler - 19th November 2006

I'll be playing Twilight Princess while you will be playing NOTHING, Ryan! Do you hear me?! I will rule this forum with my awesomeness!!

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Smoke - 19th November 2006

Man, I really underestimated the demand for Wii. In other words, no Wii for me.

I was going to go to Walmart last night to get it but I got too tired so I figured I'd be able to get one today. Wrong! My sister stopped at Walmart today for me to see if they still had any. Once they stopped laughing at her they told her they had a line of about 40 people the night before and only 30 something Wii's. So we called around.

Target: Sold Out
Super Target: Sold Out
Toy's R Us: Sold Out
Pamida?: Sold Out

On the bright side my Mom told me she'd buy it for me for Christmas. That'll give me time to save up money for a proper TV.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - A Black Falcon - 19th November 2006

If I get one it'll be late this week, if I can find any... I probably won't (though I might see some, there's supposed to be at least one restock this week, maybe more), but maybe...

Even if I had wanted to I couldn't have gotten one today (no car here), though.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Smoke - 19th November 2006

I think part of the reason there's none to be found is the eBay scalper syndrome. Some of the pictures on eBay have 3, 4 systems stacked up. The eBay scalpers have been buying up systems for all these console launches and driving the prices up.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - A Black Falcon - 19th November 2006

Yeah, the number of Wiis on EBay has been in the five digits for most of the day... :(

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Weltall - 19th November 2006

Great Rumbler Wrote:I'll be playing Twilight Princess while you will be playing NOTHING, Ryan! Do you hear me?! I will rule this forum with my awesomeness!!

Oh yeah?

Well, in two weeks, Twilight Princess will be mostly beaten by you, and you'll be engaged in what amounts to mop-up action, if you haven't already beaten the game.

That's when I'll be taking my virgin dip into the game, seeing it for the first time while you view it through jaded, veteran eyes, wishing you could regain the bright, shining enthusiasm and play it for the first time all over again, as I will be doing.

And, to top it off, thanks to that discount, I'll essentially be getting the game for FREE.

So I RULE WITH THE AWESOME POWER.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Great Rumbler - 20th November 2006

Oh yeah? Well, I got Excite Truck! Why you don't you try to beat that, Mr. Special Pants Poopoo Head!!

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Geno - 20th November 2006

So, a day after the launch of the PS3 and the Wii, I'm curious... which one sold better? I imagine the PS3 would be of a higher demand (as Sony has had the more popular console for the last two generations) but we all know how ridiculously overpriced the PS3 is, so it wouldn't surprise me if that gave Nintendo an edge this time around.

I'm hoping to get a Wii for Christmas. If not, then I'm just gonna have to save my money and hope to have it sometime in early 2007. PS3 can wait.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - The Former DMiller - 20th November 2006

I saw a news blurb today that the Wii is sold out pretty much everywhere. It was pretty much guaranteed the Wii would sell better since Nintendo had about 5x the amount of systems as Sony.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Great Rumbler - 20th November 2006

Yeah, I'd be surprised if the Wii didn't outsell the PS3 by a very wide margin.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - A Black Falcon - 20th November 2006

PS3: 200-400,000 units, likely on the lower end of the scale
Wii: 1 million units? Maybe less if stores held significant numbers back for Thanksgiving, but the weekly total should be at least a million...

And both sell out on day one. So of course the Wii will outsell the PS3 by a big margin, there are a lot more Wiis out there to buy... I'm sure that Nintendo will have some press release next weekend saying how it's one of/the best console launch ever, etc... :)

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Fittisize - 20th November 2006

TOMORROW I will own a Wii. Hopefully. There should be at least one left in the four (I believe) stores that would carry them. I can't recall being this excited about videogames since the Gamecube launch...I've found myself trash-talking the PS3 to everybody I see who talks videogames and defending the Wii will all my might for the past three days. I love being a fanboy (for the time being). Makes me feel young again.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 20th November 2006

We're proud of you, Fittsy!

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - lazyfatbum - 21st November 2006

Oh man it was a pain in the ass but I got mine sunday at 11:30 AM. I am immersed in Zelda goodness and Nintendo Wiiness.

At first I was pissed because the pointer didnt work to well, then I read it and saw that you have to put it on the edge of the TV and I had mine too far back, now it works like a dream. Easily the best console and controller i've ever played on. It took me all of 5 seconds to master the controller, I was dumbfounded. I cant imagine going back to using a control stick to point or aim.

I just found out Blockbuster opened their Wii section, so i'm gonna pick up Red Steel and Excite Truck. I haven't eaten or slept yet :D

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Geno - 21st November 2006

I won't be getting a Wii for Christmas. :(

Dammit, I'm saving my money! I have to have one! Fuck the PS3, it'll eventually have some games I want, but I'm not paying $600 for it! I'll wait a couple years! I want a Wii now!

I'm a Nintendo fanboy through and through. :)

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Fittisize - 22nd November 2006

Fiitiisiize.

During my lunch break I went and snagged it. The first place I went to, Wal-Mart, was all sold out. Best Buy and Futureshop each had notices saying that both the Wii and PS3 are out of stock due to extremely high consumer demand. In what I thought was a futile effort, I went to the other Wal-Mart and lucky for me, the new Wii shipment arrived about two minutes before I got there. Booya!

Only game I have so far is Madden. Zelda was sold out everywhere.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 22nd November 2006

Now post your Wii Code so we can swap Mii's, send messages, and eventually play online! Go to the Wii Codes thread (stickied on top of TC) to see how and post it!

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - A Black Falcon - 23rd November 2006

Quote:and eventually play online!

I predict the first US online game will be Pokemon Battle Revolution and will come out next summer... Wii online... it'll happen, but ... well, it's Nintendo. Good online policy isn't part of the deal.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 23rd November 2006

All I need is Brawl :D

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Great Rumbler - 24th November 2006

I demand Metroid Prime 3 online co-op!!

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Geno - 24th November 2006

EdenMaster Wrote:All I need is Brawl :D
I second that notion!

An online Pokémon game might've been fun back when there were only 150 or so...

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - A Black Falcon - 24th November 2006

SSBB online.. 10% chance, maybe? That's my guess...

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 24th November 2006

No, they've confirmed online play for Brawl. It'll be a W-Fi title, that much is certain.

From IGN

Quote:Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

Yeah, I remember that quote. "My plan is" leaves plenty of room for "well, we tried it but it didn't work out"...

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 24th November 2006

Are you <i>TRYING</i> to shatter our dreams?? Because it's <i>WORKING!!!</i>

Pessimist! Go back to Russia!

Of course that'd be a really, really bad excuse for not including it, because by now it's quite definitely possible to do a game like SSB online, but my esteem for Nintendo's plans for its online network is about as low as it can go... :) (ie, despite the weakness of the "excuse", I think it's quite possible they'll do exactly that anyway.)

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Geno - 25th November 2006

It better be online! I've been dreaming of this day for years!

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - Great Rumbler - 25th November 2006

Wii Wifi should be well into maturity by the time SSBB hits, so there's really no excuse for not having it.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - EdenMaster - 18th June 2007

*UNNECESSARY BUMP*

I was just reading through this thread, remembering the wondrouds days leading up to the even more wondrous Wii, and I laughed several times at howmany of us basically said "Well, if we don't get one now we can get one in the next shipment." Close to 8 months later, they're still hard to find :D

Anybody seen any PS3's on shelves though? Yeah, SO HAVE I. SUCK IT, SONY.

I'm a little disappointed, TendoCity! - A Black Falcon - 19th June 2007

Well, last month's sales pretty much tell the story... like 430,000 for the DS, 330,000 for the Wii, 180,000 for the PS2 (I think), 150,000 for the X360, 81,000 for the PS3, 80,000 for the GBA, and 10,000 for the GC. Sony has made a lot more PS3's than they have sold. :)